Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
hmm gg?
media_62682628.jpg

Msfann

Reaction score
Another thing to think about is the Seattle group and the Maloofs don't want to look like loose cannons to the nba, especially the night before the vote happens. It's possible that some of this new talk is just to look a little better to the nba at the last second to sway votes that were borderline.

Be nice, smile and put on a good show and then pounce if we lose the vote.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
CANHawk":ddevqcc8 said:
Hawkfan77":ddevqcc8 said:
pinksheets":ddevqcc8 said:
You explained it more concisely, so kudos to you as well.

But when our powers combine.......
Captain planet

Worst. Super. Hero. Ever. Seriously, even Aquaman was better. Heck, Namor in his fish scale speedo was better.

I think the guy stuck with the heart ring got screwed. Seriously.

Pstark3

Reaction score
A bunch of tweets i'm gonna try to put together into one big one..... Since were all posting twitter reports

Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 1h
H&B news: This conversation started yesterday and continued in to this evening after a contact asked me about expansion in #Seattle As I have prev. reported, I was again told H&B have been aware of 2014-15 season but have not been willing to engage in that condo while The #NBAKings were still "in play" …they have been aware of expansion for two months, in that time they have fought hard "to keep Sac alive" However the tone and subject of NBA conversations changed this week after H&B where plainly told their relationship with the #Maloofs had damaged any good will they had built up with other owners in the league who have made it clear to H&B that the #Maloofs are not good partners for them and the "side deal" hurt them. H&B were told Monday that their chances of any #NBA ownership was fading fast because they continue to be aggressive and take steps that go directly against #NBA protocol in this situation…late Monday H&B began a conversation that was "concessionary" in nature and have "seemingly woken up to the reality of the situation" that the #Maloofs have made them look "Foolish" and it appears the #Maloofs "are directing the H&B groups direction …they were told in no uncertain terms that it was now or nvr. It was conveyed to me that H&B have told the #Maloofs that they needed to take a few days to reconsider their position ahead of Wednesday and that discussions surrounding expansion have now become a two way communication with H&B shifting their tone to returning the #NBA to #Seattle by any available means. The #Maloofs responded by reaching out to media member who they had previously ignored My sources tell me that H&B took the day today to reach out and talk to #NBA people they trust who made it clear they were rapidly losing the chance to own an #NBA team, they were told expansion is a real option, they were told the #Maloofs appear to be manipulating them H&B were told that the #NBA was "shocked" at how the situation played out and disappointed that it appear H&B were "tone deaf to the "…reality of the situation" "how could they not know money was not the leading factor or consideration in any committee vote?" end. The #Maloofs made such a poor showing at the NY presentation that the #Seattle H&B group were warned in committee and in private that …Continuing relationship with "that family" would substantially damage their efforts. They did not heed that warning until this week. my sources tell me the #NBA has been talking about how to "shake Chris Hanson out of this trance" for a month and that the Monday conference call focused heavily on how to salvage H&B as an ownership group. While I do not know who did what specifically it was made clear to me several #NBA owners and executives put a lot of effort in to opening a new dialogue with Hansen and it worked.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Pstark3":14r1bmx0 said:
A bunch of tweets i'm gonna try to put together into one big one..... Since were all posting twitter reports

H&B news: This conversation started yesterday and continued in to this evening after a contact asked me about expansion in #Seattle As I have prev. reported, I was again told H&B have been aware of 2014-15 season but have not been willing to engage in that condo while The #NBAKings were still "in play" …they have been aware of expansion for two months, in that time they have fought hard "to keep Sac alive" However the tone and subject of NBA conversations changed this week after H&B where plainly told their relationship with the #Maloofs had damaged any good will they had built up with other owners in the league who have made it clear to H&B that the #Maloofs are not good partners for them and the "side deal" hurt them. H&B were told Monday that their chances of any #NBA ownership was fading fast because they continue to be aggressive and take steps that go directly against #NBA protocol in this situation…late Monday H&B began a conversation that was "concessionary" in nature and have "seemingly woken up to the reality of the situation" that the #Maloofs have made them look "Foolish" and it appears the #Maloofs "are directing the H&B groups direction …they were told in no uncertain terms that it was now or nvr. It was conveyed to me that H&B have told the #Maloofs that they needed to take a few days to reconsider their position ahead of Wednesday and that discussions surrounding expansion have now become a two way communication with H&B shifting their tone to returning the #NBA to #Seattle by any available means. The #Maloofs responded by reaching out to media member who they had previously ignored My sources tell me that H&B took the day today to reach out and talk to #NBA people they trust who made it clear they were rapidly losing the chance to own an #NBA team, they were told expansion is a real option, they were told the #Maloofs appear to be manipulating them H&B were told that the #NBA was "shocked" at how the situation played out and disappointed that it appear H&B were "tone deaf to the "…reality of the situation" "how could they not know money was not the leading factor or consideration in any committee vote?" end. The #Maloofs made such a poor showing at the NY presentation that the #Seattle H&B group were warned in committee and in private that …Continuing relationship with "that family" would substantially damage their efforts. They did not heed that warning until this week. my sources tell me the #NBA has been talking about how to "shake Chris Hanson out of this trance" for a month and that the Monday conference call focused heavily on how to salvage H&B as an ownership group. While I do not know who did what specifically it was made clear to me several #NBA owners and executives put a lot of effort in to opening a new dialogue with Hansen and it worked.
And I don't believe one word of it

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Pstark3":3ci4f8rr said:
Hawkfan77":3ci4f8rr said:
And I don't believe one word of it
Seems like a big scare tactic if true..
Just seems like this guy wants attention. He's done this before. Isn't it funny how everyone now has "unnamed league sources"? I'm going to start a twitter account and say that my sources told me some crap...

Shaz

Reaction score
They are making it like Hansen/Ballmer are new kids on the block with these types of situations when it should be clearly the other way around

pinksheets

Reaction score
The Sacramento media machine is pretty insane for such a podunk, garbage little hole in the Earth. KJ really has his tentacles reaching out and wrapping around all kinds of media sources, not to mention teenage girls.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Now Brock Huard is going off on twitter about how things seem to be turning and is really hoping that what @TheMontyShow is saying is true.

vedthree

Reaction score
Pstark3":225jguv9 said:

I think this is a definite sign that the NBA is going to cave and avoid litigation by guaranteeing HBN an Expansion team for the '14-'15 season. We probably won't hear the announcement tomorrow, but it will be coming soon.

That's the NBA's only exit strategy - because HBN are poised to scorch the earth in Sacto and in Court. The only way the NBA saves their sweet public $$ subsidy deal in Sacto is by giving HBN what they want.

Now, I have no doubt this info was deliberately spoon-fed to Montemayor by someone in the the NBA (who probably got the script straight from Stern) - but why? First of all, we know that it's BS. What are the 2 things Stern has consistently said during this whole process? 1) Expansion's not on the table. 2) One of the cities is going to walk away disappointed. Now we're supposed to believe that expansion's always been an option H/B/N knew about? Yeah, right - doesn't even pass the smell test. And secondly, we know that HBN were working closely with the NBA to make the initial offer for the Kings and that the League pre-approved - so it's obvious that HBN was told all along that if they wanted a team they had to take an existing one

But from a PR standpoint, there's no way the NBA is going to admit that HBN bent them over a rail and leveraged a team from them. So this is the story they'll create to spin it ... Everyone dislikes the Maloofs already, so just throw them under the bus some more and blame all the complications on them. Say the only reason HBN fought for the Kings is because they were being conned by the Maloofs. Paint Stern as the master negotiator who was able to step in and sort everything out.

The NBA will act like "Oh, we were always going to do expansion, it's just those stupid Maloofs led HBN astray and got them mixed up with the Kings ..." when the truth of the matter is that Stern just thought he could keep HBN in play to extract new arenas from Sacto, Milwaukee, etc, but it blew up in his face and HBN just curb-stomped him.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Good god, are we gonna have to see another awkward exchange between Stern and Daniels tomorrow?

The Outfield

Reaction score
Throwdown":1ur16q8f said:
Good god, are we gonna have to see another awkward exchange between Stern and Daniels tomorrow?

I hope so. The last one was entertaining as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.