NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 5:25 pm
  • Some of you are the sorriest pussies I've ever seen. FYI.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2833
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 5:27 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    I requested a link to the interview, not a twitter account that has KJ as their background picture.


    Sorry Gramps, welcome to the digital age. He's a local reporter who did an interview, if you want to wait for the sacramento news at 11 or the newspaper to come out for a more "official" source go ahead.

    The fact you are here on a forum thread discussing this but then call out the legitimacy of twitter reporting is hilarious.



    Gramps? What an idiotic post. You have no idea what my age is. This post to me is as speculative as your twitter link. The guy has an obvious bias in this situation. Just because you are told to swallow it does not mean that you cannot spit.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2017
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 5:30 pm
  • The NBA, or Stern's part of it, are trying to float out the narrative that Hansen, Ballmer, and the Maloofs are trying to extort and bully the NBA into going their way. By saying that a Sacramento offer hasn't been completely disregarded nor would it be in the future could very well be an indication of them caving in the long run, but it's just as likely a tone setting message that HBN and the Maloofs are focused on how strong their deal is, and now being "bullies".
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2833
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 5:30 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    TheRealDTM wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    I requested a link to the interview, not a twitter account that has KJ as their background picture.


    Sorry Gramps, welcome to the digital age. He's a local reporter who did an interview, if you want to wait for the sacramento news at 11 or the newspaper to come out for a more "official" source go ahead.

    The fact you are here on a forum thread discussing this but then call out the legitimacy of twitter reporting is hilarious.



    Gramps? What an idiotic post. You have no idea what my age is. This post to me is as speculative as your twitter link. The guy has an obvious bias in this situation. Just because you are told to swallow it does not mean that you cannot spit.


    You are arguing that the interview never took place, because he has a sacramento bias. You are arguing this reporter misreported quotes because he's from Sacramento, and obviously reporters in sacramento can't be trusted to copy a quote to their phone.


    Everyone is going to have a different interpretation of the quote, and you're free to feel encouraged by it, but to say it's a false quote because you don't want to hear it is silly.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 849
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 5:34 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    TheRealDTM wrote:


    Sorry Gramps, welcome to the digital age. He's a local reporter who did an interview, if you want to wait for the sacramento news at 11 or the newspaper to come out for a more "official" source go ahead.

    The fact you are here on a forum thread discussing this but then call out the legitimacy of twitter reporting is hilarious.



    Gramps? What an idiotic post. You have no idea what my age is. This post to me is as speculative as your twitter link. The guy has an obvious bias in this situation. Just because you are told to swallow it does not mean that you cannot spit.


    You are arguing that the interview never took place, because he has a sacramento bias. You are arguing this reporter misreported quotes because he's from Sacramento, and obviously reporters in sacramento can't be trusted to copy a quote to their phone.


    Everyone is going to have a different interpretation of the quote, and you're free to feel encouraged by it, but to say it's a false quote because you don't want to hear it is silly.


    You are arguing hearsay, squirt.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2017
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 5:40 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Some of you are the sorriest pussies I've ever seen. FYI.


    I know.....I'm weak....... :(
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 10821
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 5:40 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    You are arguing hearsay, squirt.


    Hearsay is information gathered by one person from another person concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience.


    I'm taking information gathered by a sacramento reporter (who had direct experience, as result of his interview) and posting it here. So not really hearsay.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 849
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 5:46 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:It has nothing to do with their support for us. It has everything to do with not wanting to be forced to accept a low ball offer more than 65+ million less than what's currently on the table. You think the Maloofs will say, "well we tried Chris but that offer for 65+ million less sure looks appealing" because I don't. I think 65+ million is worth fighting the NBA over. They would never sue the NBA out of obligation to Hansen, they will sue the NBA to get that 65+ million that they NBA is preventing them from receiving.



    The NBA can force them to take a lower offer. It happened with the Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and GoldenState potential deal. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 42570.html

    I don't think the Malloofs can sue the league due to agreements. I think that was the point of the Hansen and 20% deal, to work it as some sort of leverage. Maybe as a minority owner he could then buy up other minority owners and get control of the team and do pretty much as he wishes
    User avatar
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1858
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 5:47 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    You are arguing hearsay, squirt.


    Hearsay is information gathered by one person from another person concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience.


    I'm taking information gathered by a sacramento reporter (who had direct experience, as result of his interview) and posting it here. So not really hearsay.


    Think about your original post and then think about the definition that you just gave.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2017
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 5:48 pm
  • Happypuppy wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:It has nothing to do with their support for us. It has everything to do with not wanting to be forced to accept a low ball offer more than 65+ million less than what's currently on the table. You think the Maloofs will say, "well we tried Chris but that offer for 65+ million less sure looks appealing" because I don't. I think 65+ million is worth fighting the NBA over. They would never sue the NBA out of obligation to Hansen, they will sue the NBA to get that 65+ million that they NBA is preventing them from receiving.



    The NBA can force them to take a lower offer. It happened with the Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and GoldenState potential deal. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 42570.html

    I don't think the Malloofs can sue the league due to agreements. I think that was the point of the Hansen and 20% deal, to work it as some sort of leverage. Maybe as a minority owner he could then buy up other minority owners and get control of the team and do pretty much as he wishes

    Nope, that was ownership who didn't take the Ellison bid, not the BOG rejecting Ellison. And yes the Maloofs can sue the NBA even though there is a clause that "prevents" basically every legal analyst who's weighed in has said there are work arounds and the clause is pretty much meaningless.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1650
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 5:50 pm
  • Happypuppy wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:It has nothing to do with their support for us. It has everything to do with not wanting to be forced to accept a low ball offer more than 65+ million less than what's currently on the table. You think the Maloofs will say, "well we tried Chris but that offer for 65+ million less sure looks appealing" because I don't. I think 65+ million is worth fighting the NBA over. They would never sue the NBA out of obligation to Hansen, they will sue the NBA to get that 65+ million that they NBA is preventing them from receiving.



    The NBA can force them to take a lower offer. It happened with the Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and GoldenState potential deal. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 42570.html

    I don't think the Malloofs can sue the league due to agreements. I think that was the point of the Hansen and 20% deal, to work it as some sort of leverage. Maybe as a minority owner he could then buy up other minority owners and get control of the team and do pretty much as he wishes

    The outgoing owner of the Warriors opted for the lower offer to keep the team from moving to San Jose, it was not a forced move by the NBA. If it was, it's not public knowledge nor was it done officially, which is how the NBA gets people to do things they legally can't, scare tactics, not legal arguments.

    And agreements to not sue are null and void in antitrust cases pretty much all of the time. If an entity is monopolizing an industry (professional basketball in this case) and you want to get into that industry, you have no choice but to agree to whatever conditions put out there by the monopolistic force because that is the ONLY gate of entry, essentially. By nature, most of these agreements tend to be under some semblance of coercion for that reason and rarely hold up. The only exemptions from antitrust litigation are granted by the government, not permitted by an entity in violation of antitrust laws through their own private bylaws.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2833
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 5:52 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:The outgoing owner of the Warriors opted for the lower offer to keep the team from moving to San Jose, it was not a forced move by the NBA. If it was, it's not public knowledge nor was it done officially, which is how the NBA gets people to do things they legally can't, scare tactics, not legal arguments.

    And agreements to not sue are null and void in antitrust cases pretty much all of the time. If an entity is monopolizing an industry (professional basketball in this case) and you want to get into that industry, you have no choice but to agree to whatever conditions put out there by the monopolistic force because that is the ONLY gate of entry, essentially. By nature, most of these agreements tend to be under some semblance of coercion for that reason and rarely hold up. The only exemptions from antitrust litigation are granted by the government, not permitted by an entity in violation of antitrust laws through their own private bylaws.

    You explained this much better than I did, thanks. Ha
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1650
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 5:53 pm
  • You explained it more concisely, so kudos to you as well.


    But when our powers combine.......
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2833
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 5:54 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:You explained it more concisely, so kudos to you as well.


    But when our powers combine.......

    Image
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1650
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 6:00 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    TheRealDTM wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    You are arguing hearsay, squirt.


    Hearsay is information gathered by one person from another person concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience.


    I'm taking information gathered by a sacramento reporter (who had direct experience, as result of his interview) and posting it here. So not really hearsay.


    Think about your original post and then think about the definition that you just gave.


    Oh feel free to disagree with my interpretation of the quote. I think it means the maloofs are getting cold feet. What upset me was when you said my comment was baseless vomit. And then argued that the links I posted were hearsay.
    Last edited by TheRealDTM on Tue May 14, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 849
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 6:04 pm
  • Wet feet? Ya mean cold feet?
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10749
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 6:17 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Wet feet? Ya mean cold feet?


    mayhaps.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 849
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 6:26 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Some of you are the sorriest pussies I've ever seen. FYI.


    Yeah, but Throwdown means well.


    seriously though, the rest of you need to stop bickering. This is an awesome thread that needs to be maintained as such
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8687
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 6:27 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Some of you are the sorriest pussies I've ever seen. FYI.


    Yeah, but Throwdown means well.


    seriously though, the rest of you need to stop bickering. This is an awesome thread that needs to be maintained as such


    Well I never!
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18785
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 6:29 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:You explained it more concisely, so kudos to you as well.


    But when our powers combine.......

    Image


    Worst. Super. Hero. Ever. Seriously, even Aquaman was better. Heck, Namor in his fish scale speedo was better.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11192
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 6:46 pm
  • Chris Daniels wrote:George Maloof says he would work “in good faith” to get Sac Arena done, and so would H/B if they held 20%. #NBAKings


    Have to say i'm glad to see this. you can disagree but it seems like HBN and Maloofs realized the relocation isn't happening and are changing their percieved "threats" into good faith offers. The maloofs also said they would do the 20% so H/B/N could "get in the league". Which would help us get an expansion soon (see nba discussing TV rights sooner).

    I was all for the nuclear option but if we can stomache a year we may have better options ahead of us. Although Sacramento is going to hate us forever and that's Stern's fault (one last punch to Seattle before Silver gives us expansion in 2014)

    edit: If you want to go real conspiracy theorist: The nba can say a new seattle team would mean a crazy Sac-Sea rivalry.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 849
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 6:53 pm
  • I want to punch everybody in their throat right now.
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3209
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 6:54 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Some of you are the sorriest pussies I've ever seen. FYI.


    Yeah, but Throwdown means well.

    :lol:

    Poor guy.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2833
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 6:55 pm
  • Here's the whole series of tweets referenced above:

    Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 2m
    George Maloof – if we went back to Sacramento – we would try to get an arena done. #NBAKings

    Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 2m
    George Maloof says he would work “in good faith” to get Sac Arena done, and so would H/B if they held 20%. #NBAKings

    Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 38s
    Maloof says H/B want into league, and references Vivek’s buying into Warriors. #NBAKings

    I don't want to Bennett Sacramento, but it seems that's the only method acceptable to the NBA.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2833
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 7:04 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:I don't want to Bennett Sacramento, but it seems that's the only method acceptable to the NBA.


    I'd say with the TV deal leak they're angling towards expansion, if the TV numbers come back favorably of course. Do you disagree?
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 849
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 7:06 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:I don't want to Bennett Sacramento, but it seems that's the only method acceptable to the NBA.


    I'd say with the TV deal leak they're angling towards expansion, if the TV numbers come back favorably of course. Do you disagree?

    Yeah, but Hansen and Ballmer aren't going to back down just because the NBA says "see we moved up the negotiations, so we'll consider it even sooner." Anything from the NBA that has the word "consider" as a key element is not going to be enough.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2833
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 7:26 pm
  • hmm gg? Image
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 849
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 7:45 pm
  • Another thing to think about is the Seattle group and the Maloofs don't want to look like loose cannons to the nba, especially the night before the vote happens. It's possible that some of this new talk is just to look a little better to the nba at the last second to sway votes that were borderline.

    Be nice, smile and put on a good show and then pounce if we lose the vote.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    User avatar
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1340
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:37 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 8:01 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:You explained it more concisely, so kudos to you as well.


    But when our powers combine.......

    Image


    Worst. Super. Hero. Ever. Seriously, even Aquaman was better. Heck, Namor in his fish scale speedo was better.


    I think the guy stuck with the heart ring got screwed. Seriously.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3484
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 8:34 pm
  • A bunch of tweets i'm gonna try to put together into one big one..... Since were all posting twitter reports

    Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 1h
    H&B news: This conversation started yesterday and continued in to this evening after a contact asked me about expansion in #Seattle As I have prev. reported, I was again told H&B have been aware of 2014-15 season but have not been willing to engage in that condo while The #NBAKings were still "in play" …they have been aware of expansion for two months, in that time they have fought hard "to keep Sac alive" However the tone and subject of NBA conversations changed this week after H&B where plainly told their relationship with the #Maloofs had damaged any good will they had built up with other owners in the league who have made it clear to H&B that the #Maloofs are not good partners for them and the "side deal" hurt them. H&B were told Monday that their chances of any #NBA ownership was fading fast because they continue to be aggressive and take steps that go directly against #NBA protocol in this situation…late Monday H&B began a conversation that was "concessionary" in nature and have "seemingly woken up to the reality of the situation" that the #Maloofs have made them look "Foolish" and it appears the #Maloofs "are directing the H&B groups direction …they were told in no uncertain terms that it was now or nvr. It was conveyed to me that H&B have told the #Maloofs that they needed to take a few days to reconsider their position ahead of Wednesday and that discussions surrounding expansion have now become a two way communication with H&B shifting their tone to returning the #NBA to #Seattle by any available means. The #Maloofs responded by reaching out to media member who they had previously ignored My sources tell me that H&B took the day today to reach out and talk to #NBA people they trust who made it clear they were rapidly losing the chance to own an #NBA team, they were told expansion is a real option, they were told the #Maloofs appear to be manipulating them H&B were told that the #NBA was "shocked" at how the situation played out and disappointed that it appear H&B were "tone deaf to the "…reality of the situation" "how could they not know money was not the leading factor or consideration in any committee vote?" end. The #Maloofs made such a poor showing at the NY presentation that the #Seattle H&B group were warned in committee and in private that …Continuing relationship with "that family" would substantially damage their efforts. They did not heed that warning until this week. my sources tell me the #NBA has been talking about how to "shake Chris Hanson out of this trance" for a month and that the Monday conference call focused heavily on how to salvage H&B as an ownership group. While I do not know who did what specifically it was made clear to me several #NBA owners and executives put a lot of effort in to opening a new dialogue with Hansen and it worked.
    User avatar
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1425
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
    Location: Bellevue


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 8:41 pm
  • Pstark3 wrote:A bunch of tweets i'm gonna try to put together into one big one..... Since were all posting twitter reports

    Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 1h
    H&B news: This conversation started yesterday and continued in to this evening after a contact asked me about expansion in #Seattle As I have prev. reported, I was again told H&B have been aware of 2014-15 season but have not been willing to engage in that condo while The #NBAKings were still "in play" …they have been aware of expansion for two months, in that time they have fought hard "to keep Sac alive" However the tone and subject of NBA conversations changed this week after H&B where plainly told their relationship with the #Maloofs had damaged any good will they had built up with other owners in the league who have made it clear to H&B that the #Maloofs are not good partners for them and the "side deal" hurt them. H&B were told Monday that their chances of any #NBA ownership was fading fast because they continue to be aggressive and take steps that go directly against #NBA protocol in this situation…late Monday H&B began a conversation that was "concessionary" in nature and have "seemingly woken up to the reality of the situation" that the #Maloofs have made them look "Foolish" and it appears the #Maloofs "are directing the H&B groups direction …they were told in no uncertain terms that it was now or nvr. It was conveyed to me that H&B have told the #Maloofs that they needed to take a few days to reconsider their position ahead of Wednesday and that discussions surrounding expansion have now become a two way communication with H&B shifting their tone to returning the #NBA to #Seattle by any available means. The #Maloofs responded by reaching out to media member who they had previously ignored My sources tell me that H&B took the day today to reach out and talk to #NBA people they trust who made it clear they were rapidly losing the chance to own an #NBA team, they were told expansion is a real option, they were told the #Maloofs appear to be manipulating them H&B were told that the #NBA was "shocked" at how the situation played out and disappointed that it appear H&B were "tone deaf to the "…reality of the situation" "how could they not know money was not the leading factor or consideration in any committee vote?" end. The #Maloofs made such a poor showing at the NY presentation that the #Seattle H&B group were warned in committee and in private that …Continuing relationship with "that family" would substantially damage their efforts. They did not heed that warning until this week. my sources tell me the #NBA has been talking about how to "shake Chris Hanson out of this trance" for a month and that the Monday conference call focused heavily on how to salvage H&B as an ownership group. While I do not know who did what specifically it was made clear to me several #NBA owners and executives put a lot of effort in to opening a new dialogue with Hansen and it worked.

    And I don't believe one word of it
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1650
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 8:42 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    And I don't believe one word of it

    Seems like a big scare tactic if true..
    User avatar
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1425
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
    Location: Bellevue


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 8:45 pm
  • Pstark3 wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    And I don't believe one word of it

    Seems like a big scare tactic if true..

    Just seems like this guy wants attention. He's done this before. Isn't it funny how everyone now has "unnamed league sources"? I'm going to start a twitter account and say that my sources told me some crap...
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1650
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 9:08 pm
  • I see Montemayor is up to repeating whatever his league sources are saying to try and drive a wedge between Hansen and the Maloofs.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3484
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 9:10 pm
  • They are making it like Hansen/Ballmer are new kids on the block with these types of situations when it should be clearly the other way around
    User avatar
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 374
    Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 9:16 pm
  • Lol that sounds like theeeee most delusional shit I've ever heard
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18785
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 9:21 pm
  • The Sacramento media machine is pretty insane for such a podunk, garbage little hole in the Earth. KJ really has his tentacles reaching out and wrapping around all kinds of media sources, not to mention teenage girls.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2833
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue May 14, 2013 11:58 pm
  • Now Brock Huard is going off on twitter about how things seem to be turning and is really hoping that what @TheMontyShow is saying is true.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 10821
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed May 15, 2013 12:12 am
  • What a load of crap
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3209
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed May 15, 2013 12:21 am
  • Pstark3 wrote:A bunch of tweets i'm gonna try to put together into one big one..... Since were all posting twitter reports

    Tim Montemayor ‏@TheMontyShow 1h
    H&B news: This conversation started yesterday and continued in to this evening after a contact asked me about expansion in #Seattle As I have prev. reported, I was again told H&B have been aware of 2014-15 season but have not been willing to engage in that condo while The #NBAKings were still "in play" …they have been aware of expansion for two months, in that time they have fought hard "to keep Sac alive" However the tone and subject of NBA conversations changed this week after H&B where plainly told their relationship with the #Maloofs had damaged any good will they had built up with other owners in the league who have made it clear to H&B that the #Maloofs are not good partners for them and the "side deal" hurt them. H&B were told Monday that their chances of any #NBA ownership was fading fast because they continue to be aggressive and take steps that go directly against #NBA protocol in this situation…late Monday H&B began a conversation that was "concessionary" in nature and have "seemingly woken up to the reality of the situation" that the #Maloofs have made them look "Foolish" and it appears the #Maloofs "are directing the H&B groups direction …they were told in no uncertain terms that it was now or nvr. It was conveyed to me that H&B have told the #Maloofs that they needed to take a few days to reconsider their position ahead of Wednesday and that discussions surrounding expansion have now become a two way communication with H&B shifting their tone to returning the #NBA to #Seattle by any available means. The #Maloofs responded by reaching out to media member who they had previously ignored My sources tell me that H&B took the day today to reach out and talk to #NBA people they trust who made it clear they were rapidly losing the chance to own an #NBA team, they were told expansion is a real option, they were told the #Maloofs appear to be manipulating them H&B were told that the #NBA was "shocked" at how the situation played out and disappointed that it appear H&B were "tone deaf to the "…reality of the situation" "how could they not know money was not the leading factor or consideration in any committee vote?" end. The #Maloofs made such a poor showing at the NY presentation that the #Seattle H&B group were warned in committee and in private that …Continuing relationship with "that family" would substantially damage their efforts. They did not heed that warning until this week. my sources tell me the #NBA has been talking about how to "shake Chris Hanson out of this trance" for a month and that the Monday conference call focused heavily on how to salvage H&B as an ownership group. While I do not know who did what specifically it was made clear to me several #NBA owners and executives put a lot of effort in to opening a new dialogue with Hansen and it worked.


    I think this is a definite sign that the NBA is going to cave and avoid litigation by guaranteeing HBN an Expansion team for the '14-'15 season. We probably won't hear the announcement tomorrow, but it will be coming soon.

    That's the NBA's only exit strategy - because HBN are poised to scorch the earth in Sacto and in Court. The only way the NBA saves their sweet public $$ subsidy deal in Sacto is by giving HBN what they want.

    Now, I have no doubt this info was deliberately spoon-fed to Montemayor by someone in the the NBA (who probably got the script straight from Stern) - but why? First of all, we know that it's BS. What are the 2 things Stern has consistently said during this whole process? 1) Expansion's not on the table. 2) One of the cities is going to walk away disappointed. Now we're supposed to believe that expansion's always been an option H/B/N knew about? Yeah, right - doesn't even pass the smell test. And secondly, we know that HBN were working closely with the NBA to make the initial offer for the Kings and that the League pre-approved - so it's obvious that HBN was told all along that if they wanted a team they had to take an existing one

    But from a PR standpoint, there's no way the NBA is going to admit that HBN bent them over a rail and leveraged a team from them. So this is the story they'll create to spin it ... Everyone dislikes the Maloofs already, so just throw them under the bus some more and blame all the complications on them. Say the only reason HBN fought for the Kings is because they were being conned by the Maloofs. Paint Stern as the master negotiator who was able to step in and sort everything out.

    The NBA will act like "Oh, we were always going to do expansion, it's just those stupid Maloofs led HBN astray and got them mixed up with the Kings ..." when the truth of the matter is that Stern just thought he could keep HBN in play to extract new arenas from Sacto, Milwaukee, etc, but it blew up in his face and HBN just curb-stomped him.
    Last edited by vedthree on Wed May 15, 2013 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
    I'm sick of chasing after my dreams. I'm just going to find out where they're headed, and catch up with them later.
    - Mitch Hedberg
    User avatar
    vedthree
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 820
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:04 pm
    Location: Bremerton


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed May 15, 2013 12:23 am
  • ^accurate.
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3209
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed May 15, 2013 2:05 am
  • I'm really going to call out of work tomorrow, it'll be for the best if I did.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18785
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed May 15, 2013 3:54 am

Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed May 15, 2013 4:19 am
  • Good god, are we gonna have to see another awkward exchange between Stern and Daniels tomorrow?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18785
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed May 15, 2013 5:24 am
  • Happy Anti-trust lawsuit day all! (My prediction on where this ends up)
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10749
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed May 15, 2013 7:09 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Good god, are we gonna have to see another awkward exchange between Stern and Daniels tomorrow?


    I hope so. The last one was entertaining as hell.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2226
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed May 15, 2013 7:56 am
  • Sounds like George Maloof & David Stern have been chopping it up this morning.

    Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 57s
    Spotted in hotel lobby: NBA Commish David Stern and George Maloof having serious discussion. #NBAKings


    Dale Kasler ‏@dakasler 13m
    David stern and George Maloof have been chatting for quite a few minutes in a sitting area off the lobby. That's your mid morning update
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18785
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed May 15, 2013 7:59 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Sounds like George Maloof & David Stern have been chopping it up this morning.

    Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 57s
    Spotted in hotel lobby: NBA Commish David Stern and George Maloof having serious discussion. #NBAKings


    Dale Kasler ‏@dakasler 13m
    David stern and George Maloof have been chatting for quite a few minutes in a sitting area off the lobby. That's your mid morning update


    Not sure what to think of that.... but honestly, I'm not sure what to think of anything anymore. God, I want this whole thing to be over.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2226
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed May 15, 2013 7:59 am
  • I'm not gonna think anything about it, just to keep myself sane today.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18785
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed May 15, 2013 8:01 am
  • They were meeting with a third person, one of the NBA's lawyers

    :stirthepot:
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1650
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests