Arrested Development Season 4

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Arrested Development Season 4
Mon May 13, 2013 7:26 am
  • Trailer released...

pehawk
    * Report Button *

Re: Arrested Development Season 4
Mon May 13, 2013 7:30 am
  • Best news of the year. Just another reason why Netflix kicks cable's butt.
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 7:34 am
  • "Have any of you ever even seen a chicken?"
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon May 13, 2013 10:00 am
  • "I've made a huge mistake" -Fox
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 10:19 am
  • "I would cry, but I cant spare the moisture" - Me upon seeing new AD clips
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon May 13, 2013 12:00 pm
  • It's going to be great, especially since they don't have to worry about censors. Though, I contest that Tobias's lines are much funnier when they're working within the constraint of: What can we get away with here?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon May 13, 2013 12:31 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:It's going to be great, especially since they don't have to worry about censors. Though, I contest that Tobias's lines are much funnier when they're working within the constraint of: What can we get away with here?

But, aren't Tobias lines more his subconscience letting us all know he's a Jason Collins? I think it'll still work, "even if it means taking a chubby, he'll suck it up".
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon May 13, 2013 12:52 pm
  • Mrs. Featherbottom: Ok, who’d like a banger in the mouth? Oh…right, I forgot; here in the states you call it ‘a sausage’ in the mouth.
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 1:19 pm
  • We're going back through season 1-3 right now in preparation.
    * NET Staff *

Mon May 13, 2013 2:18 pm
  • I love the show, and there is no need to figure out which moments are the best, but the two things that I remember making me laugh the most were "analrapist" and Bob Loblaw. I still laugh when I think of those.
    LargentFan
    NET Starter

Mon May 13, 2013 2:20 pm
  • LargentFan wrote:I love the show, and there is no need to figure out which moments are the best, but the two things that I remember making me laugh the most were "analrapist" and Bob Loblaw. I still laugh when I think of those.

The scene that sticks out for me was the culmination of "No Touching" when the guard's daughter went off and slammed the riot stick on the table.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon May 13, 2013 4:32 pm
  • C'mon...

pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon May 13, 2013 4:55 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:It's going to be great, especially since they don't have to worry about censors. Though, I contest that Tobias's lines are much funnier when they're working within the constraint of: What can we get away with here?

I disagree. I think it's funnier with the bleeping. Case in point, the scene where Buster is going off on Lucille in front of his other siblings. Some things are better left to the imagination. I hope and think they will keep it censored.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 6:02 pm
  • I'm doing my best to not get too excited. Its going to be really hard for it to live up to the hype its been getting for so long. I hope that it is right back on par with what it used to be, but every time I get super excited about something it rarely ever meets expectations.
    HolyEffinMoses
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue May 14, 2013 8:41 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:It's going to be great, especially since they don't have to worry about censors. Though, I contest that Tobias's lines are much funnier when they're working within the constraint of: What can we get away with here?

I disagree. I think it's funnier with the bleeping. Case in point, the scene where Buster is going off on Lucille in front of his other siblings. Some things are better left to the imagination. I hope and think they will keep it censored.

Actually, on second thought, I agree with you. Didn't think that one all the way through.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue May 14, 2013 12:07 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:It's going to be great, especially since they don't have to worry about censors. Though, I contest that Tobias's lines are much funnier when they're working within the constraint of: What can we get away with here?

I agree completely with this. The show is so original and creative they definitely used the bleeps as a comedy device. The whole joke was basically that you couldn't hear what Buster was saying but you could see the shocked expressions on everyone else's faces.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 12:12 pm
  • I’m afraid I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run if you will, so I’m afraid I have something of a mess on my hands.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue May 14, 2013 12:16 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:

I agree completely with this. The show is so original and creative they definitely used the bleeps as a comedy device. The whole joke was basically that you couldn't hear what Buster was saying but you could see the shocked expressions on everyone else's faces.

Yep. Creatively dancing around the censors gave us, "Get rid of the Seaward.", Buster ranting, GOB's ---king 6300 dollar suit, etc.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue May 14, 2013 2:10 pm
  • Jokes like the "Seaward" I hope are still in place regardless of censors. And it wasn't all censored, we still got Buster/Franklin's "I don't want no part of your tight ass white country club you freak bitch!"
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

Sat May 25, 2013 8:06 pm
  • So I believe this became available today. Anybody watch it yet?

I'm old school, only get Netflix through the mail, so I cant watch it yet. :(
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat May 25, 2013 8:48 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:So I believe this became available today. Anybody watch it yet?

I'm old school, only get Netflix through the mail, so I cant watch it yet. :(

Bastard! I just prematurely loaded the streaming function after reading this. I had planned to do that tomorrow AM. And for what? Nope, not yet.

I'm pretty stoked though.

And, get streaming, will ya?
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun May 26, 2013 7:50 am
  • I'm 2.5 in and it seems okay. In AD fashion, the first few seem to prolonged set-ups for other episodes.

My GF's totally capping on how giddy I am over it.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun May 26, 2013 12:24 pm
  • Well, I powered through all 15 episodes and while I'm not going to rank this season in an effort to compare it to other seasons, I do believe it is worthy to say it ranks among them. Given the impossible, unprecedented task the writers and cast had of of following up (7 years later), in my opinion the greatest comedy ever made, I think they have done it and done it admirably.

While it was a little jarring at first to settle into the new structure, after about episode 5 or so it all came together and felt like Arrested Development again. I'll admit it was disappointing that the full ensemble feel from the first 3 seasons is gone, but the fact that the writers put together something that worked like this in effort to accommodate the actors' schedules is a feat in itself. I can't wait to watch this season again, as like all the Arrested Development episodes, I think this will only get better with repeated viewings to pick up any jokes that I missed the first time around.

All that being said, at the same time they managed to commit the greatest crime I could have possibly imagined for a new season of AD...WARNING SPOILER BELOW
    NO FRANKLIN?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! NOT EVEN A REFERENCE?!?!
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun May 26, 2013 12:53 pm
  • You watched all 15 episodes already? :shock:
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Sun May 26, 2013 1:36 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:You watched all 15 episodes already? :shock:

yeahhh woah talk about your binge watching

Ive seen 2 so far
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:23 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:Well, I powered through all 15 episodes and while I'm not going to rank this season in an effort to compare it to other seasons, I do believe it is worthy to say it ranks among them. Given the impossible, unprecedented task the writers and cast had of of following up (7 years later), in my opinion the greatest comedy ever made, I think they have done it and done it admirably.

While it was a little jarring at first to settle into the new structure, after about episode 5 or so it all came together and felt like Arrested Development again. I'll admit it was disappointing that the full ensemble feel from the first 3 seasons is gone, but the fact that the writers put together something that worked like this in effort to accommodate the actors' schedules is a feat in itself. I can't wait to watch this season again, as like all the Arrested Development episodes, I think this will only get better with repeated viewings to pick up any jokes that I missed the first time around.

All that being said, at the same time they managed to commit the greatest crime I could have possibly imagined for a new season of AD...WARNING SPOILER BELOW

Franklin got ruined in the laundry mat, but he should be revived.

My favorite line from the new season so far - "I'm not a limo driver, I'm a gentleman bee keeper."
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:39 pm
  • 12evanf wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:Well, I powered through all 15 episodes and while I'm not going to rank this season in an effort to compare it to other seasons, I do believe it is worthy to say it ranks among them. Given the impossible, unprecedented task the writers and cast had of of following up (7 years later), in my opinion the greatest comedy ever made, I think they have done it and done it admirably.

Franklin got ruined in the laundry mat, but he should be revived.

My favorite line from the new season so far - "I'm not a limo driver, I'm a gentleman bee keeper."

He got re-dyed and made a couple of appearances in Season 3 during the mock trial and as Justine Bateman's pimp.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:09 pm
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:42 pm
  • I watched all 15, and enjoyed it. Working within the constraints of the availability of the cast made for some tedious recaps, even
    if it was from a new POV. Still, I'll watch it again now that I have seen the entire season arc.
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:59 pm
  • TravTex wrote:Image

Best line of the season:

Lucille to Tobias: Hello Anus Tart
    Ron Howard: She hadn't even seen the license plate
    Do you like curry? - Gareth Keenan
    DYLcurry59
    NET Starter

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:48 am
  • Just noticed on a second re-watch what Barry Zuckercorn was buying at the hardware store. LOL
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:31 am
  • I watched them all in 2 sittings, starting at midnight when they were released. Love it absolutely. I'm going to have to watch at least 3 times to catch all the gags and character crossovers. I can't imagine any show being able to catch up on 7 years with so many characters and have it all fit and be just as hilarious as the original stuff. Expertly done. Looking forward to more!
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:56 am
  • "How do you like your egg?"
    "I told you, you were fine"

"Yeah, but how'd I get in the boulder?"
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:40 am

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:04 am