marshawn's dui case ..june 21.

SirTed

Reaction score
NinerLifer":f0txylcz said:
KCHawkGirl":f0txylcz said:
NinerLifer":f0txylcz said:
Nope, didn't expect anything else as far as a home field forecast. Just surprised to see that not too many on here can put the homer glasses down and think realistically of the possibility that they won't go undefeated at home this year. As we all know, every team loses games they shouldn't once in a while. And since all of the forecasted 2013 records that I can remember seeing on here take an undefeated season at home into account, just curious as to what this place will look like if the Seahawks lose an early season home game, leaving the possibility of even more losses happening before the season ends.
I don't see what the big deal is because last year's 8-0 is just one of several that have been done at the Clink. Another team that has done it fairly consistently is New England ever since Brady took over. Besides I would be shocked if anything is made of the DUI case anyway. I see probation maybe outside of the NFL but suspension of games, not by a longshot.

You did read the article that stated that Goodell is likely to suspend him either way right? No matter what the civilian court system decides. It has been reported that guilty verdict or even a plea bargain would just guarantee suspension, but that Roger can decide to suspend him no matter what.

We'll see. Granted, Goodell can pretty much do whatever he wants BUT Marshawn's previous "troubles" technically fall under the league (and player's union) CONDUCT policy, while this infraction, technically falls under the drug / alcohol section. So, by the letter of the law, or the NFL law this is NOT a repeat offense, PLUS Marshawn has been a model citizen in his time here in Seattle. When you consider all this with the fact that Lynch blew a .08, right at the legal limit. At the very least I see the union fighting this, and appealing any suspension, at least until AFTER the 9ers game.

And once the other RB's get their sea legs, I'm all for Marshawn getting a much deserved rest. It will be a little vaycay for the guy. :229031_cheers:

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Every article concerning his DUI case reports that he blew "OVER" the legal limit of 0.08.

I have searched for an article that states otherwise, but can't find it if its out there.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
And for anybody on here to suggest that the loss of Lynch, one of the premier backs in the league, can be nullified by throwing in Michael...WTF? Seriously you either under appreciate what Marshawn does for not just your running game but also your passing attack, or you honestly think that Lynch is easily replaced which is completely ludicrous.

I know I don't have to explain how a strong (which might be an understatement when talking about your very own "Beastmode") running game helps a teams passing game...right?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1485woch said:
And for anybody on here to suggest that the loss of Lynch, one of the premier backs in the league, can be nullified by throwing in Michael...WTF? Seriously you either under appreciate what Marshawn does for not just your running game but also your passing attack, or you honestly think that Lynch is easily replaced which is completely ludicrous.

I know I don't have to explain how a strong (which might be an understatement when talking about your very own "Beastmode") running game helps a teams passing game...right?
Think as you wish. He will be missed of course but fact his because of our depth at that position and the fact we have Percy Harvin and Russell Wilson a loss of Lynch for maybe 4 games can and will be handled without much loss in production. If they have to pass more or use Harvin out of the backfield so be it.

See you are at a Seahawk board so don't act shocked that we don't buy your view hook line and sinker.

hawker84

Reaction score
NinerLifer":enyosduy said:

nobody's suggesting he's easily replaced, but we do have good depth in Turbin and Michael for a reason.. Lynch's style could easily cause injury, we need a good back up, suspension, we have a good back up, just to rest him up, we have good back ups.. it's called depth, and every team has backups for a reason..
players get injured and/or miss games all the time.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
I am aware that I am at a Seahawks board, but didn't think that it would automatically cause people to lose all common sense. And yes I am also aware that if it was Gore that was arrested for a DUI and not lynch, we would be having the same debate but with opposite opinions. Niner fans would be taking the standpoint that you all are, and you guys would be the ones riding on the assumed fact that we would have to try to survive without Gore during his suspension in a division where EVERY game counts, and the loss of such a player for 2-4 weeks could potentially put an early tombstone above either of our teams hopes on a division title, which is obviously a prerequisite to a #1 or #2 seed.

And for some reason the link provided two posts above wont open correctly on my iPhone 5. However I was able to read the comments. One stated that the article brought up that he was indeed administered a second breathalyzer at the station and that it in fact showed he was OVER 0.08. Since I can't read the article (yet) I can't verify. But if so, what is the defense against that?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
NinerLifer":26gdm2h6 said:
I am aware that I am at a Seahawks board, but didn't think that it would automatically cause people to lose all common sense.

And for some reason the link provided two posts above wont open correctly on my iPhone 5. However I was able to read the comments. One stated that the article brought up that he was indeed administered a second breathalyzer at the station and that it in fact showed he was OVER 0.08. Since I can't read the article (yet) I can't verify. But if so, what is the defense against that?
The alcohol metabalizing (sp) in his system perhaps? Faulty equipment/settings?

NinerLifer

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":zibbuz44 said:
NinerLifer":zibbuz44 said:
I am aware that I am at a Seahawks board, but didn't think that it would automatically cause people to lose all common sense.

I imagine that is the common defense against DUI, but yet people are convicted of it every day.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Much ado about nothing.

If, and that's a sizable if we lose Marshawn due to a DUI arrest-type suspension, I am not worried because Russell's progress in the passing game last year leads me to believe that we can win even if the run game is stymied for a while. And there's not a damn thing wrong with Robert Turbin's game.

The rest of the offense (Wilson, Turbin, MRob, Harvin, Tate, Rice, Balwin, & Miller) will pick up the slight slack caused by Marshawn's absence.

No problema, imo.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2tb84b7k said:
Slight slack? :34853_doh:
Think production differential from the RB position... not total production from the position.

The way I think... if Lynch can gain 100 yards against a certain opponent, Turbin should be able to gain 75 yards.

The 25 yard differential is the "slight slack".

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2vowqndw said:
It's not like Lynch is Adrian Peterson (2/3 of the offense) as it was we ran the ball 55% to 45% passing but that doesn't factor in that Wilson was handcuffed for 8 weeks of the season. It's far more likely that this year's offense will be 50/50 or 55/45% passing to rushing.

kidhawk

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2ouy1y3x said:
KCHawkGirl":2ouy1y3x said:
NinerLifer":2ouy1y3x said:

I imagine that is the common defense against DUI, but yet people are convicted of it every day.

Most DUI "convictions" at this level are plea agreements. The science behind blood alcohol tests is not 100% accurate and I've known several people who had the resources to fight their cases when they tested so close to the limit and they win more of these than they lose. Honestly, it's expensive upfront money to hire an attorney to fight these things and most people know they were guilty and just plea out, but since Lynch has hired an attorney, his chances of being found guilty are less than those of his being found guilty if it goes to court.

As for the NFL punishment, that ball is up in the air, and nobody will know for sure how that will fall until Goodell decides to make a decision. If he's found guilty or pleads guilty, there will be a suspension for sure, if not, then the commissioner has every right to either suspend him or to not suspend him and he has gone in either direction in previous cases with other players.

I find it funny how long this debate has raged in here. We had this exact same debate after his arrest. His trial is scheduled, but could easily be delayed to the point where we won't have a decision this year either.

It's definitely way to early to count him out of any games right now, and the team has taken measures to not only fill the gap should he miss games, but also secure a possible replacement down the road.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3qtvzzod said:
NinerLifer":3qtvzzod said:
Think production differential from the RB position... not total production from the position.

The way I think... if Lynch can gain 100 yards against a certain opponent, Turbin should be able to gain 75 yards.

Ok, I'll go with that.

How do you believe he would do against your first 4 opponents next year, based on their run D?

SirTed

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3h0eus1q said:

I don't think ANYONE on this board would suggest that missing Marshawn for 4 games would be no big deal. I'm just not convinced that we will. IF he's to be suspended, and I think that's a big if (see my post above re: conduct policy vs. drug alcohol policy) I don't think it will be for 4 whole games. That seems like overkill to me. And FINALLY, if somehow he is to be suspended for 4 games, I think he'll appeal until the softest possible 4 games comes up (which won't include the 9ers).

Of course it will be a huge loss, but we'll be in a better position than most, and a better position than we were last year to handle it. Plus - Lynch could use the rest.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I can see where Niner fans are confused. Their backups get little to no playing time. To them, losing a starter is a detrimental blow to the team, ex. without Justin Smith, Aldon Smith is plain average.

Seahawks fans, on the other hand, embrace the depth players and the coaches working them into practice and games, sharing snaps during preseason and the regular season with the starters. It's not a lack of "common sense" that we don't see losing Lynch for a couple games as a huge, huge blow. It's confidence that the next guy will step up as Pete has shown he can get young guys to contribute in big ways.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3cas4za1 said:
onanygivensunday":3cas4za1 said:
NinerLifer":3cas4za1 said:

Ok, I'll go with that.

How do you believe he would do against your first 4 opponents next year, based on their run D?
I won't put up numbers but with Carolina it depends how those draft picks pan out it could be middling hard or easy depending with Houston and the 49ers it will be tough sledding, With Jacksonville it should be on the easier side.