NY Giants sign Aaron Curry...

drdiags

Reaction score
NinerBuff. Curry's problem to me was that he wasn't an instinctive player. He could be fooled pretty easily and he couldn't get home. He was more athletic than functional. With the Raiders, it appears his knees/health got the best of him. He seemed pretty unfocused here. I also think the high draft pick made him feel he had to prove something every play. Was always going for the kill shot.

If he is healthy and with reduced expectations he could see a role in the NFL. With his speed and power, you would think he would be a terror off the edge as a pass rusher but his timing just never seemed right. I was a Crabtree fan, because Housh was getting long in the teeth and our WRs were soo pedestrian back then. Oh well.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Thanks SmokinHawk & drdiags

So, it seems that his problem was he couldn't handle the mental rigors of the game. But in NY, hill have significantly less expectations and will be surrounded with exceptional pass rushers. I was actually interested in signing him this offseason as a cheap OLB reserve. I hope he doesn't have a turnaround. As a said earlier, I really hate the Giants.

HolyEffinMoses

Reaction score
I really don't see him having a turn-around. Maybe he'll be useful to the New York football Giants given they have plenty of talent around him that all he'll have to do is rush the passer, but he's not going to be a game changer. Any numbers he puts up will be entirely due to the fact he'll be the last person worried about among their other pass rushers.

BASF

Reaction score
The problem with Curry can be summed up with his mantra that he chanted before every game (as seen on Seahawks All Access), "See ball, hit ball." He never could grasp maintaining his gap. He is also not fast enough to cover TE's or RB's out of the backfield. He was never used to rush the passer in college and never seemed to have the instincts or explosiveness needed to do it in the NFL.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2u3qyx67 said:
LOL, I feel bad for them.

If you're having Curry problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a linebacker ain't one.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
mikeak":2xvkshlt said:
pehawk":2xvkshlt said:
Snohomie":2xvkshlt said:
Aaron Curry is a fascinating study of how long a supremely athletic individual can last in the NFL without any kind of positive body-of-work. Awesome athlete, awful football player.

He's not around anymore, but we had a member named "Rotak", one of those self-appointed draft experts, who proclaimed Aaron Curry to be the next, BETTER Lawrence Taylor.

Wow, what an idiot that guy was.

Must be this guy from the comments to the article

"Curry was great as a Seahawk. The only reason I think he was traded was an attitude issue. If he learns his lesson, Giants got a steal of a deal. Seattle/Oakland paid him $34m, and now Giants got him for less than $1m a year.

As a Seattle fan I was shocked with he was traded – he was a great player."
Also goes by the name Tim Ruskell.

HawkHack

Reaction score
Yeah, Curry just has/had no football sense. I can't remember how many times, watching, I yelled "no, go THAT way!!!".

The other thing to watch for in his lowlights is him arriving at the pile about two seconds after the play is over. Every. Single. Time.

Sorry, nothing against the dude -- but he just doesn't seem to be able to predict where the play is going.

Latest posts