Hass and Holmgren on KJR.

Shock2k

Reaction score
It's a great interview (Live right now). I will post the link to the podcast when it comes up.

Update: I checked back with KJR. They posted everything for 5-13 ACCEPT the Holmgren/Hass interview (Mitch). Apologize, NYCoug sums it up below.

Update2: Don't know how to contact anyone at KJR. So I tweeted Mitch and asked him to put the Audio up. Never heard back, if anyone knows how to contact folks at KJR, would you ask them to post the Mitch Interview with Hass/Holmgren on May 13th. Thanks!

NYCoug

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Shock! Listening now, this is great!

NYCoug

Reaction score
Wow, that was pretty cool. For how much I love the current team and it's makeup, listening to Hass and Holmgren tell stories of their time together and of the team back then makes me realize how much I loved those teams just as much. Those teams helped paved the way for the Seahawks teams of now and actually believing that they can make some noise in the NFC. I love the story Hass told about him being a horrible slider, QB sneaker so Jim Zorn got John Olerud (Go Cougs!) to go and teach Matt how to slide.

He told a story about him daring Holmy to bench him back in the day and Holmgren actually putting Seneca into the game, except the defense caused an INT and Matt just ran out onto the field. He said it humbled him because Mike dialed up the aggressive play calling and Matt realized that he needed Holmgren to help him out and protect him a little more or else he was going to get killed. They had quite the dynamic, especially at first when things weren't looking too good. Afterwards, they really thrived together and had a great relationship but there were always those odd, now great (not great then) moments when Matt would do something really stupid and Holmy would have to refrain from strangling him.

It's gonna be so epic hearing Pete and Russell talk on the radio 20 years from now. Reminiscing about their glory days which were filled with Lombardi Trophies and the satisfying taste of the tears of the 49ers and their fans. And I use that term loosely.

Brahn

Reaction score
Shock2k":23y3ugel said:
Slip n' Slide video mentioned in the interview.

[youtube]NfGZsPLDkY8[/youtube]

At the end is perfect form for bulldozing over a lineman!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Brahn":1l0jqsvr said:
Good example of getting as low to the ground as you can to gain leverage.

JKent82

Reaction score
Man I forgot about that video. So funny. I miss Hass way too much.

sc85sis

Reaction score
This is totally off-topic, but when I saw the video above I saw that it said "slip 'n slide." That made me think of this:

[youtube]0r76jhGAdxE[/youtube]

I wonder if the Hawks coaches/players will ever have a chance to do that at practice. LOL

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1a6gk0xc said:
Brahn":1a6gk0xc said:
Good example of getting as low to the ground as you can to gain leverage.

:), That's Patrick Kearney at the end with the bulldozer.

kearly

Reaction score
Any link yet?

This was on Mitch in the Morning right?

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
Mitch never posts the really good audio that I'd want to hear. But of course we get the daily schnoz EVERY day. Sigh.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
I remember one of the funniest quotes I've ever heard out of Holmgren was on NFL network during training camp a few years back and he didn't like the effort he was seeing out of the offense and he said something like, "I got a better effort out of 4th graders back when I was coaching peewee football. And I paid them in POPSICLES, not MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!". Oh man, I couldn't stop laughing. Shaun Alexander was pretending like he wasn't talking to him, lol..

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Call me a hater but I'm not a fan of Holmgren on the radio. He doesn't have a radio voice.

SirTed

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3d9ve2kf said:
Call me a hater but I'm not a fan of Holmgren on the radio. He doesn't have a radio voice.

Really?

I think he has a GREAT radio voice. I have been shocked by how enjoyable I've found all his segments on KJR. I think it's great.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
SirTed":3970g029 said:
dopeboy206":3970g029 said:

Really?

I think he has a GREAT radio voice. I have been shocked by how enjoyable I've found all his segments on KJR. I think it's great.

He's too calm. Kinda bores me. No question he has tons of knowledge about football and I respect that but his voice bores me. On the flip side beats John Madden any day though.