SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
Fri May 10, 2013 5:06 pm
  • Don't think this has been posted, but thought this was funny as hell.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... es-of-2013

1. Seattle Seahawks-San Francisco 49ers

In quick order, this has become a classic. There's a collective sense these two will decide the NFC. Last year's meetings were doozies: A rugged 13-6 win by the 49ers in Week 7, answered by the Seahawks' 42-13 hammer-drop in Week 16. I'll never forget that night. Stationed in a Los Angeles sports bar, I watched as a perspiring, cherry-red-sweater-vest-wearing 49ers fan screamed at the top of his lungs at Russell Wilson: "Make it stop! MAKE. IT. STOP."
    "You can hurry up all you want. But if you can't get yards and can't complete passes, then it's just quick three-and-outs." -- Richard Sherman
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Re: SEA/SF rivalry (NFL.com article)
Fri May 10, 2013 5:43 pm
  • lol.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Fri May 10, 2013 6:06 pm
  • SE174 wrote:Don't think this has been posted, but thought this was funny as hell.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... es-of-2013

1. Seattle Seahawks-San Francisco 49ers

In quick order, this has become a classic. There's a collective sense these two will decide the NFC. Last year's meetings were doozies: A rugged 13-6 win by the 49ers in Week 7, answered by the Seahawks' 42-13 hammer-drop in Week 16. I'll never forget that night. Stationed in a Los Angeles sports bar, I watched as a perspiring, cherry-red-sweater-vest-wearing 49ers fan screamed at the top of his lungs at Russell Wilson: "Make it stop! MAKE. IT. STOP."

Haha I'd pay to have been there
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 12:14 am
  • "Make it stop! MAKE. IT. STOP."

Instant classic.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 12:20 am
  • Nice.:) I really should use that as my sig......
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 3:27 pm
  • Lol at "cherry-red-sweater-vest." who wears sweater vests?
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!
    Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

Sat May 11, 2013 3:33 pm
  • Wiseguy wrote:Lol at "cherry-red-sweater-vest." who wears sweater vests?

Jim Tressle
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 3:56 pm
  • My boss.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sat May 11, 2013 4:06 pm
  • Wiseguy wrote:Lol at "cherry-red-sweater-vest." who wears sweater vests?

Close enough?

"You can hurry up all you want. But if you can't get yards and can't complete passes, then it's just quick three-and-outs." -- Richard Sherman
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Sat May 11, 2013 4:09 pm
  • Wonder if Harb's inner monologue had some "make it stop" in it.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Mon May 13, 2013 8:15 am
  • SE174 wrote:
    Wiseguy wrote:Lol at "cherry-red-sweater-vest." who wears sweater vests?

Close enough?

It's Gilligan!
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 8:21 am
  • As amazing as the CLink or Carlow East were on that night, I can only imagine the greatness that was that night for that guy.

Make it stop! Make it stop!
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 10:03 am
  • I literallyl almost spewed my drink all over my keyboard when I read that on nfl.com.

I also would've paid to have been there and seen that.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 10:11 am
  • That's hilarious..

why is it you can't watch any national show without hearing about the Jets and Tebow?

have i missed something in the last few years that's makes this team worth talking about every day?
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 12:13 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:That's hilarious..

why is it you can't watch any national show without hearing about the Jets and Tebow?

have i missed something in the last few years that's makes this team worth talking about every day?

ESPN and NFL track which shows and which websites get traffic. Unfortunately, people keep hearing/watching/reading about Tebow. I really wish it would go away. The Jets don't deserve any attention. If they weren't in NY or had Tebow, they'd be as unimportant as Tennessee, Buffalo, or Jacksonville.

This NFL.com quote is pretty funny. There are definitely some fruitcake Niner fans out there. But you can say the same about all teams. My good friend is a Raider fan and he cried for awhile after they took DJ Hayden.

I do agree that this is the current best rivalry in the league. I think by the end of the season, it'll be a 3-team rivalry with the Rams. But I think Sea and SF are still better. Now, I'm a Niner fan and I think the Niners have a slight advantage. And I'm sure everyone here think the Hawks have the edge. We'll see what happens in Week 2. :snack:
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Mon May 13, 2013 12:18 pm
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 12:22 pm
  • 12thMan1 wrote:
    SE174 wrote:
    Wiseguy wrote:Lol at "cherry-red-sweater-vest." who wears sweater vests?

Close enough?

It's Gilligan!

As a 49er fan I find that hilarious and embarrassing at the same time.
    rix98
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon May 13, 2013 12:29 pm
  • rix98 wrote:
    As a 49er fan I find that hilarious and embarrassing at the same time.

He's a total goofball. Have you seen the pick where he tucks in an inside-out sweatshirt into his shorts? I mean, who does that? Only Harbaugh.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Mon May 13, 2013 12:50 pm
  • BRILLIANT!
    #NEXTMANUP
    #LEAVEMARSHAWNALONE
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 9:33 pm
  • Who put the mustard cap on the ketchup bottle?
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 10:52 pm
  • I think we split again in nearly the same fashion as last season, we just have a way of killing teams at home, granted its early in the season but I have a sneaking suspicion we pick up right where we left off, and we left off by putting an @$$ whupping to the 49ers and were 31 seconds away from the "get away game" in the playoffs. SF will be a tough cookie to crumble at home late though, that's really going to be the barometer for where we stand as a SB contender. Week2 is our home opener, the crowd will be fired up, the players will be fired up, the field might actually catch on fire...I could go on...
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 6:59 am
  • NinerBuff wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:That's hilarious..

ESPN and NFL track which shows and which websites get traffic. Unfortunately, people keep hearing/watching/reading about Tebow. I really wish it would go away. The Jets don't deserve any attention. If they weren't in NY or had Tebow, they'd be as unimportant as Tennessee, Buffalo, or Jacksonville.

This NFL.com quote is pretty funny. There are definitely some fruitcake Niner fans out there. But you can say the same about all teams. My good friend is a Raider fan and he cried for awhile after they took DJ Hayden.

I do agree that this is the current best rivalry in the league. I think by the end of the season, it'll be a 3-team rivalry with the Rams. But I think Sea and SF are still better. Now, I'm a Niner fan and I think the Niners have a slight advantage. And I'm sure everyone here think the Hawks have the edge. We'll see what happens in Week 2. :snack:

I see the rams as much improved over last year. Seahawks are a very good team, that is obvious too. Between the two, in my opinion, the Rams may have the edge, and defintely next year with 2 first round draft picks, the Rams might draft better than the rest of the NFC West. I think Fisher is just as good a Defensive coach as Pete, and might have a better eye for talent than Pete. Again, not saying Pete's a slouch, but Fishers record with the Titants is a bit better on the offensive side than Pete's with New England.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

Wed May 15, 2013 9:31 am
  • I agree that Fisher is a good coach and may soon take over the #2 spot in the NFC west but I think it will be at the expense of the team that couldn't even beat them last year not the one that could.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 12:22 pm
  • Giedi wrote:
    NinerBuff wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:That's hilarious..

I see the rams as much improved over last year. Seahawks are a very good team, that is obvious too. Between the two, in my opinion, the Rams may have the edge, and defintely next year with 2 first round draft picks, the Rams might draft better than the rest of the NFC West. I think Fisher is just as good a Defensive coach as Pete, and might have a better eye for talent than Pete. Again, not saying Pete's a slouch, but Fishers record with the Titants is a bit better on the offensive side than Pete's with New England.

The Rams will be as good as Sam Bradford, much like the Niners were going as far as Alex Smith brought them. I thought after his rookie year that he'd be a stalwart, but I haven't seen him improve since. It's a make/break season for him. Austin, Quick, and Cook will be his best receiving corp he's had. I just don't see it happening. I see another 8-8 season for the Rams.

Another way to say it... The game at St. Louis doesn't really concern me, other than the fact that it's a Thursday Night away game. Going into Seattle is a much more difficult challenge. The Niners have only won 2x since the Seahawks have come to the NFCW. We lost last year in St. Louis, but more because of a terrible pitch play and several missed FGs that would have won it for us. And we've won in St. Louis 5x since the new NFCW alignment.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

Wed May 15, 2013 2:22 pm
  • NinerBuff wrote:
    Giedi wrote:
    NinerBuff wrote:ESPN and NFL track which shows and which websites get traffic. Unfortunately, people keep hearing/watching/reading about Tebow. I really wish it would go away. The Jets don't deserve any attention. If they weren't in NY or had Tebow, they'd be as unimportant as Tennessee, Buffalo, or Jacksonville.

The Rams will be as good as Sam Bradford, much like the Niners were going as far as Alex Smith brought them. I thought after his rookie year that he'd be a stalwart, but I haven't seen him improve since. It's a make/break season for him. Austin, Quick, and Cook will be his best receiving corp he's had. I just don't see it happening. I see another 8-8 season for the Rams.

Another way to say it... The game at St. Louis doesn't really concern me, other than the fact that it's a Thursday Night away game. Going into Seattle is a much more difficult challenge. The Niners have only won 2x since the Seahawks have come to the NFCW. We lost last year in St. Louis, but more because of a terrible pitch play and several missed FGs that would have won it for us. And we've won in St. Louis 5x since the new NFCW alignment.

The problem I see for the 49ers is that the Rams and the ' Hawks have good defensive coaches. A lot of the 49er offense is deception and misdirection, and these coaches play the 49ers twice a year so that second game becomes a knife fight in a telephone booth. If the 49ers are not up to speed on that second game. It doesn't matter where it's played, it will be a loss. The rams have an up and comming explosive offense with Tavon comming on board, and seattle has an exexplosive offense with harvin and Wilson teaming up. The 49er defense will be tested this year. If the 49ers are fortunate enough to make it into the playoffs as division champion, they will be well set to make a superbowl run after having faced some of the better offenses and defenses in the regular season.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information