Going to every game this season

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
Hijack away you sick bastards! Houston is going to be AMAZING! That roster, and no, not the Seahawks 53 man, should be enough to have Houston's Sheriff and all of it's local policemen on notice. You could probably make an epic movie based on trip alone! That's one of the games on the schedule I can't wait to see!

Really though, I just want to thank everyone for reaching out and for the support. Jon, Leif, Scott, Ludwig, Greg and everyone else (it's a long list, which just shows you why this place is seriously one of the greatest places on earth) you're all amazing people. Sick, I mean, we are Seahawks fans after all. You've got to be sick to have stuck with this team through some awful decades. But amazing nonetheless. I can't wait to meet everyone along the way and put some faces/real life stories to the (screen) names.

I was working all weekend and didn't get a chance to check out the site (or pay my phone bill on time, so I couldn't check the internet on my phone either haha) and missed this thread. Was really nice to see just now after a long weekend. And not in the good kind haha, actually, sorta. But thank you to all of you.

Wenhawk":1teydhz7 said:
Do it now cause once you have a family it will be much harder. SOunds awesome, Have a great time and i'd watch the movie even if we don't win it all.

That's why I've got to do it now haha, I've got a girlfriend of almost 2 years who I'm living with, a 4 year old sister with a mom who isn't in the greatest of health, and some money that I worked hard for, saved up, and couldn't think of a better way of spending it, all while still being able to have a great schedule at work that'll allow me to do it.

Let's be real here. With a family of my own this probably won't be possible. If I had a kid or if something happened to my mom and I had to take care of my sister, priorities would have to take over. And rightfully so. Having said that... IT'S NOW TIME! WOOO!!!

TwilightError":1teydhz7 said:
That is a great idea and if you can do it now, never postpone opportunities! Carlow East in NYC is a great place to watch games too, but nothing beats Live experience! (I'm still in the process of organizing my first one.. Kids, job, half the world in distance etc.. One day..)

Carlow East is the greatest. That's the only thing about this whole idea that upsets me and tears me up is that I won't be able to go to Carlow during Gameday. Luckily, I can just go there any other day of the week, after work or on my day off on Monday and hang with some of the same people and probably talk about the game. That place is absolutely blowing up over the last few years and I'm expecting that this year will be the craziest year at Carlow yet. I love that place. It's my little slice of heaven on earth. I watched the Seahawks mangle the 49ers with JonRud there. What a night. Carlow was rockin and the place turned into a full-on party after the blocked field goal TD. I've never seen so many wasted (myself included) Hawks fans in one place in my life. It was glorious. The Redskins playoff game too. Somebody's gonna have to videotape Carlow every week for me while I'm gone. The atmosphere is amazing and everyone there is pretty cool. Every place has it's regulars, but how many places in NYC can say that most of their regulars are Seahawks fans?

Jayburd14":1teydhz7 said:
This is something I want to do the first season after I retire, which will be in 20 years. I am going to make it to the Saints Monday night this year, I would love to be in that video.

That would be awesome. It could be like a glimpse into the future for you. You'd look back and watch it and think that I was Reese from Terminator. Sent from the future to show you what yours will look like. The beautiful thing about it though, is that in 20 years you could exactly what I'm going to do but it will be completely different. A different schedule would mean different road trips and totally new experiences.

As for flying, yeah, I hate it but I'm going to have to do it. I'm over it now. All of the trips to Seattle are going to be long flights, but I'm ready for it. I've started to get more and more used to flying and hopefully after all these trips I'll be completely fine with it. I just can't wait for this season to start already! (could this be the first, "well, you're gonna have to" of the off-season?! It'd be the highest honor)

ivotuk

Reaction score
I hate you all! Ugh one of the few negatives of living in Alaska, expensive travel! I hope all y'all realize just how fortunate you are! Oh well, I feel fortunate to be a fan of the best damn team in football. :th2thumbs:

IronSaint

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1dxr8f4l said:
Mrs. Drummer and myself made it to the home opener for you folks in `04. Seattle won 21-7.
Granted, you didn't have the team then that you have now but really nothing compares to The Clink.

Haha, very nice you and the missus was able to make it down to our abode! And I concur, since it was back during the Haslett-Brooks era and before the sold out seasons today. I mean, it's down right ridiculous today. That's the reason I have to experience ya'll turf now. LOL. :th2thumbs:

2ndRowSista

Reaction score
I'll be in Houston! Reliant Stadium is less than 2 hrs from me. I'll also be in AZ and at CLink for the Jaguars. (My first home game - ever) And the Hawks are undefeated when I attend. Thankyouverymuch.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
This is awesome. With the Hawks games, the .NETTERS, the video... epic! Definitely record as much as possible (as long as it doesn't interfere with the actual experience, of course). And if you have some narrative ideas, that's great, but foremost is to capture your experiences and sort it all out later. A great example of this concept is the excellent documentary about the world's foremost street artists, called "Exit Through The Gift Shop," in which the filmer is also a participant in the action.

I did a cross-country road trip when I was 25 and now, looking back 14 years on, it's a major highlight of my life. I just wish I had documented it better!

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":zrhn2k45 said:
This is awesome. With the Hawks games, the .NETTERS, the video... epic! Definitely record as much as possible (as long as it doesn't interfere with the actual experience, of course). And if you have some narrative ideas, that's great, but foremost is to capture your experiences and sort it all out later. A great example of this concept is the excellent documentary about the world's foremost street artists, called "Exit Through The Gift Shop," in which the filmer is also a participant in the action.

I did a cross-country road trip when I was 25 and now, looking back 14 years on, it's a major highlight of my life. I just wish I had documented it better!

Thanks for the great advice. I'm going to check out Exit Through the Gift Shop. Haven't gotten around to seeing it yet but I'll have to now because of your suggestion. It seems necessary. I haven't really come up with any narrative ideas outside of the, dude from NYC follows his team for a whole season, knowing they will win, and they do, in his backyard after traveling all over the country. That would be sick. Other than that though, I really just want to do what you said. Just capture my experiences and sort em out. I want the places and 12's, and fans of others teams too, to be just as important as me and going to watch the Hawks. Well, maybe not as important as the Hawks. I just want it to be real (no bs like you're starting to see in other documentaries) and real good.

Weekly videos are probably a must at this point too. I'm gonna have to have my own training camp for my camera skills. Gotta be ready for the season!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I'll definitely be at the Seahawks-Colts game (I live in Indy). May be in St. Louis for MNF as well. Looking very much forward to following your thread; this will be awesome.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Midwest Seahawkers always put on a great party, I'm sure Peter Flores will have something going. Indy was cool, great fans, pretty chill. Moses lives out there as well.

Barthawk

Reaction score
NYCoug":3qg301cc said:
HawkAroundTheClock":3qg301cc said:

Thanks for the great advice. I'm going to check out Exit Through the Gift Shop. Haven't gotten around to seeing it yet but I'll have to now because of your suggestion. It seems necessary. I haven't really come up with any narrative ideas outside of the, dude from NYC follows his team for a whole season, knowing they will win, and they do, in his backyard after traveling all over the country. That would be sick. Other than that though, I really just want to do what you said. Just capture my experiences and sort em out. I want the places and 12's, and fans of others teams too, to be just as important as me and going to watch the Hawks. Well, maybe not as important as the Hawks. I just want it to be real (no bs like you're starting to see in other documentaries) and real good.

Weekly videos are probably a must at this point too. I'm gonna have to have my own training camp for my camera skills. Gotta be ready for the season!

Would not be a bad idea to contact the Seahawks once you have your itinerary straight.. they may be able to help you secure decent tickets, especially if you were able to document your trip either using video or a journal.. .com would love to post something like that on their site.. may even turn itself into sideline passes or some other perks from the team.. just a thought..

There are people at HQ that would love to hear about this experience..

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
The attractive and vivacious Mrs. Drummer and I will also be at the Az game. We have a second home in Arizona about 6 miles from the UofP stadium. I plan to take a weeks vacation that week and hang in the sun. If NYCoug's expenses for this tour are climbing too high, I'll put you up for the night and get you transpo to/from the event and drop your butt at the airport if need be.
Rock on!
Go Seahawks.

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":21ja1yxl said:
The attractive and vivacious Mrs. Drummer and I will also be at the Az game. We have a second home in Arizona about 6 miles from the UofP stadium. I plan to take a weeks vacation that week and hang in the sun. If NYCoug's expenses for this tour are climbing too high, I'll put you up for the night and get you transpo to/from the event and drop your butt at the airport if need be.
Rock on!
Go Seahawks.
Dooood!
:th2thumbs: :229031_cheers: :biggthumpup:
BillA

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
IronSaint":pso5tovs said:
LudwigsDrummer":pso5tovs said:
Mrs. Drummer and myself made it to the home opener for you folks in `04. Seattle won 21-7.
Granted, you didn't have the team then that you have now but really nothing compares to The Clink.

Haha, very nice you and the missus was able to make it down to our abode! And I concur, since it was back during the Haslett-Brooks era and before the sold out seasons today. I mean, it's down right ridiculous today. That's the reason I have to experience ya'll turf now. LOL. :th2thumbs:
Then get your butt out here and I'll buy you a beer!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1no77ylj said:
IronSaint":1no77ylj said:
LudwigsDrummer":1no77ylj said:

Then get your butt out here and I'll buy you a beer!

I was at that game in '04 also. Sat in the first row 40 yard line Seahawks side and watched Robbie Tobeck take a piss just before opening kickoff. Met Jerry Martinez and Kiltman for the first time at that game. Stood between Walter Jones and Chris Terry post game. I am a fairly big guy-they werea different species of human being. Only got about 2 hours of sleep before heading to thepregame tailgate. Damn I love the French Quarter. Saints fans were great back then, too.

NoChops

Reaction score
I'll put in for the time off on monday, if i get it, count me in for Houston. And if anyone from the Metroplex wants to hitch a ride, let me know.

And NYCoug...bite me..every game would be beyond awesome!

IronSaint

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2bg562pz said:
I was at that game in '04 also. Sat in the first row 40 yard line Seahawks side and watched Robbie Tobeck take a piss just before opening kickoff. Met Jerry Martinez and Kiltman for the first time at that game. Stood between Walter Jones and Chris Terry post game. I am a fairly big guy-they werea different species of human being. Only got about 2 hours of sleep before heading to thepregame tailgate. Damn I love the French Quarter. Saints fans were great back then, too.

Haha, another satisfied visitor! Glad to hear it man, and thanks for the kind words! We're still as hospitable as ever. :thirishdrinkers:

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
[/quote]

I was at that game in '04 also. Sat in the first row 40 yard line Seahawks side and watched Robbie Tobeck take a piss just before opening kickoff. Met Jerry Martinez and Kiltman for the first time at that game. Stood between Walter Jones and Chris Terry post game. I am a fairly big guy-they werea different species of human being. Only got about 2 hours of sleep before heading to thepregame tailgate. Damn I love the French Quarter. Saints fans were great back then, too.[/quote]Remember the weather at kickoff? Hurricane Ivan was just showing up for his visit.
Our seats weren't as good, 200 level endzone.
We were semi VIPS for that game and got to hang out on the carpet pregame. Team photographer (I think his name is Corky?) took some pics of us and asked me to kneel down and dig my finger into their turf. I had done the same to our field turf and our turf is much deeper and has fewer particles in it. As we knelt down Corky said to me, our WR's are very fast today, expect a win. Cool huh?
Also sitting down at their cordoned off spot was Whitsett and Fergusson close by. As I looked at them I heard coming up from behind me what sounded like a stampede arriving on top of me. Startled, I quickly turned around and it was our OL trotting along the sideline heading for pre game warmups. Dilfer was with them and he was pretty big too.
Siants fans were cool, I only had 1 catcall and his wife smacked him when he did it. A great time was had, went to the D Day museum and Mrs. Drummer only allowed to go to Bourbon Street once.

grizbob

Reaction score
Dr. bills say I'm not going to any games this year :428226_SadEmoticon:

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
My boy Ludwig! Not only do you have amazing taste in drummers (Bonzo is my all-time favorite, I'm a huge fan of Zeppelin), but you're classy as hell too. Thanks for the generosity and I'd definitely love to try and grab a beer or something before or after the game. Seriously, unbelievable gracious offer and I can't thank you enough for the hospitality.

:bow: :thmusik36: