Christine Michael's first day of camp (.com article)

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Tical21":12pdk61s said:
Unbelievable. Hugh Millen is right 99% of the time, and knows 27 times more about X's and O's than any other media type in the area, sans Holmgren. But Brock Huard is much better.

I agreed with him on Wilson at first also. When however many short QB's have come into the league and none have been successful, you're going to say the odds are ridiculously against him. He has since admitted that Wilson has been playing much better than anticipated. He was foolish with how brash he was with the statement, but at least he was willing to put it out there. Now all the Hawk fans are butthurt because he dare take an unpopular opinion about the chosen one.

LOL, what a joke. Right 99% of the time based on what? Millen blamed Jake Locker's inaccuracy on his supporting cast, he got to the NFL and he's still inaccurate.

Millen said Flynn was better than Wilson (a lot of people did) but when we lost to the Rams he said Wilson should be benched for Flynn.

He now admits he spoke too soon, perhaps judging Michael after one day is speaking too soon? How can you judge a RB when he's not in pads? Ridiculous.

pcbball12

Reaction score
This reaction probably stems from his lack of any knowledge on the player Michael is. When drafted, Millen compared Michael to Leon Washington which is a hideous comparisson and shows that he has watched zero tape on him. Maybe that is why he is not as quick as he thought. He thought he was Leon 2.0.....except he is a completely different player.

Seafan

Reaction score
Millen is a dolt. I never listen to him. He's as bad as Chicken Little Kelly. Here's what PC said about Michael yesterday:

"He's very quick," coach Pete Carroll said after Friday's practice. "Very quick and sudden. Caught the ball well, too, and didn't have any trouble picking things up, understanding the system. For the first day, he had a good start."

I haven't seen another negative report by anyone else.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Millen's neither a scout nor a coach.

He's a retired career back-up QB. His opinion is not much better than any one of ours.

He threw for 22 TDs and 35 INTs in ten seasons.

Russell threw for more TDs in his rookie season.

I consider Brock Huard much more knowledgeable and entertaining to listen to.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Millen reminds me of a talking head that always wants to be the first person right about anything. He just throws crap out there and hopes he is the first person to get it right. Time and again he flaps his lips and you wonder if he has done any research at all on the subject. He's a condescending jerk.

BamKam

Reaction score
Tical21":1cv7bdgl said:
Millen said though today that Michael wasn't as quick and impressive as he had hoped.

So he is going to be great? Nice!

Happybelly

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":19lub3gi said:
Millen's neither a scout nor a coach.

He's a retired career back-up QB. His opinion is not much better than any one of ours.

He threw for 22 TDs and 35 INTs in ten seasons.

Russell threw for more TDs in his rookie season.

I consider Brock Huard much more knowledgeable and entertaining to listen to.

While I much prefer Brock to Millen, your reasoning is flawed. You're trying to detract from Millen for being a career backup, yet he played four times as many games as Brock. They're basically from the same backround.

I think it's better to judge them on what they say rather than their playing careers. Some career scrub players are extremely knowledgeable about the game and give great insight like Mike Mayock. Then there are former star players that come across like they know less than the average fan.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Holmgren likes Millen because he is a Walrus Hasselbeck apologist. Hugh Millen couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the c and the t.

McG

Reaction score
Back on topic, if Michael is half as fast as he talks then the dude is going to make some people miss. I don't know if that's how fast he always talks, maybe he was nervous, but wow he was almost to the point where you couldn't understand him. Good luck to him and the team, I can't wait for mini-camp and pre-season.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
The same Millen who was hating on Russell Wilson. The Same Millen who has something against black quarterbacks.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1c51p0j8 said:
The same Millen who was hating on Russell Wilson. The Same Millen who has something against black quarterbacks.

I may not like many things the guy says, but I've never heard of him being a racist. What are you talking about?

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
That was a GREAT interview video with Michael. You can't help but like the guy after watching that. I, like others, was interested about his first name. I found this:

Christine Michael, then 12, turned to his mother, Mary, for guidance about his unusual first name for a boy.
"At first, I kind of took it hard," Michael said.

So she turned to an example set by Johnny Cash — the gruff singer — for a little help.

"She told me about a 'Boy Named Sue,'" Michael said Monday of the late Cash's big hit from 40 years ago. "She said I was like that boy named Sue. He didn't care, so I shouldn't care.

"My mom wanted her first child to be a girl, and she had my name picked out from Day 1," Michael said, smiling. "She thought it was unique for a boy. Now, whatever anyone wants to call me, I just go along with it."

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Tical21":6yxr1ci7 said:
Unbelievable. Hugh Millen is right 99% of the time, and knows 27 times more about X's and O's than any other media type in the area, sans Holmgren. But Brock Huard is much better.

I agreed with him on Wilson at first also. When however many short QB's have come into the league and none have been successful, you're going to say the odds are ridiculously against him. He has since admitted that Wilson has been playing much better than anticipated. He was foolish with how brash he was with the statement, but at least he was willing to put it out there. Now all the Hawk fans are butthurt because he dare take an unpopular opinion about the chosen one.

Well, apparently Hugh Millen posts here as well.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Mandu":2x8wqo8f said:
That was a GREAT interview video with Michael. You can't help but like the guy after watching that. I, like others, was interested about his first name. I found this:

Christine Michael, then 12, turned to his mother, Mary, for guidance about his unusual first name for a boy.
"At first, I kind of took it hard," Michael said.

So she turned to an example set by Johnny Cash — the gruff singer — for a little help.

"She told me about a 'Boy Named Sue,'" Michael said Monday of the late Cash's big hit from 40 years ago. "She said I was like that boy named Sue. He didn't care, so I shouldn't care.

"My mom wanted her first child to be a girl, and she had my name picked out from Day 1," Michael said, smiling. "She thought it was unique for a boy. Now, whatever anyone wants to call me, I just go along with it."

Wow his mom trolled him pretty hard just because he was born a boy.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Millen comes across as a pompous ass blowhard, and he's wrong a LOT. Give him credit for not being afraid to express an opinion, and he can be interesting to listen to at times.

If Millen is ripping Christine Michael, that's probably a good thing. This is the same expert calling for Russell Wilson to be benched for Flynn after 3 or 4 games. If Millen doesn't like Michael, I say that means Lynch will get suspended for a few games and Michael will have a 1,000 yard season.

I do doubt that Millen meant "Leon Washingon replacement" in any way other than a roster sense. If he meant it in a football sense (would have to hear the whole quote for context), now that would truly be out of touch.

For more insightful analysis, Give me Brock Huard any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Brock typically winds up being accurate in what he says, in terms of how things pan out.

HansGruber

Reaction score
This may be off-topic so I apologize in advance if it is....

I stopped listening to Hugh Millen last year. He just lost all credibility after the Seahawks fired Jim Mora Jr. All he's done is criticize every move by Pete Carroll. He was the one who basically called Carroll a cheater on air many times. I grew tired of him criticizing every move, and not just because he was criticizing, but because most of his criticism seemed unreasonably subjective, as if he had a motive. And that motive is pretty transparent.

pcbball12

Reaction score
olyfan63":38m9zko2 said:
Millen comes across as a pompous ass, and he's wrong a LOT. Give him credit for not being afraid to express an opinion, and he can be interesting to listen to at times.
If he's down on Christine Michael, that's probably a good thing. This is the same expert calling for Russell Wilson to be benched for Flynn after 3 or 4 games.
I doubt that Millen meant "Leon Washingon replacement" in any way other than a roster sense. If he meant it in a football sense (would have to hear the whole quote for context), now that would truly be out of touch.

For more insightful analysis, Give me Brock Huard any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Brock typically winds up being accurate in what he says, in terms of how things pan out.
I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure I actually heard him compare him football wise to Leon. It was the same day we drafted him. Said he would compare him to Leon Washington

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Really think this guy fits our football team and ,,,yes I will say it,, our next premier back. Even if Beast stays for say,,,three more years. If he doesnt get hurt in college I think a first rounder this year. I will take scraps anytime if they taste good

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't want at all to make it sound like Millen was ripping Michael or the pick. Millen is a fan of his. He just expected him to look lightning fast through the hole, and Michael didn't appear as fast as he thought. He did give several reasons why this could be the case, such as first practice, new blockers and scheme, etc. He also said that he thought Michael was going to have a really big preseason and overall looked good.

Latest posts