Richard Sherman

getnasty

Reaction score
The best part of this whole things is that old ass Jet Ski, i dont know why but that makes me laugh. Is that a Gaddy jersey that guy on the boat is wearing, if so he needs to throw that thing to the bottom of the Lake.

Rocket

Reaction score
firebee":1zil51ut said:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but Sherman has to talk the talk to walk the walk. If a good corner is quiet and doesn't get inside the heads of other coaches and quarterbacks around the league, they don't get targeted. They become Nnamdi Asomugha... A great corner for years that would never put up any stats because teams went away from throwing to him against the Raiders. He's our secondary's mouthpiece and teams are probably going to throw at him a lot less this year just because that's the smart thing to do, but if he starts getting in a receiver's head or a quarterback's head, he can get them to target him when they shouldn't and he's good enough at adjusting to the ball to make teams pay for that. Not to mention... His hands aren't to shabby.

Five parts athleticism, four parts work ethic and one part psychology
well, for Sherman, maybe two.

McGruff

Reaction score
The best defender in NBA history was also the leagues biggest talker and one of its most flamboyant off the field headaches. His mouth was his motivation, and he was able to back it up on the court.

Richard Serman is the Dennis Rodman of the NFL . . . Ad I'm fine with that.

Subzero717

Reaction score
McGruff":25mau8tj said:
The best defender in NBA history was also the leagues biggest talker and one of its most flamboyant off the field headaches. His mouth was his motivation, and he was able to back it up on the court.

That might be one of the worst comparisons I've ever heard of.

Dennis Rodman isn't in the conversation of greatest defenders of all time.

Mick063

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one that thought he was really good from the "get go." When Browner, Thomas, and Chancellor made the trip to the Pro Bowl a couple years ago, I thought the best of the bunch, Sherman, was sitting at home. I knew he was special from the very beginning. I'm sure most of you felt that way as well.

How did he get so good, so quick? How does a lanky guy change direction well enough to stay with NFL receivers?

His long stride "make up" speed is deceptive, and he is excellent at intelligently baiting quarterbacks. His wingspan allows him to play the back shoulder fade better than any corner in the game. He will stick his head in there to make a stop on running plays. He gets in the head of opposing players. He is often in the right place at the right time (for example, the blocked field goal return against San Francisco)

I love his game. I love his attitude. I think he is the best in the business. A core player that they absolutely must extend when the time comes.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
When you're right you're right and let me say. You're right and no worries, Sherman will be a Seahawk as long as he chooses, as long as he doesn't do a Revis that is.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Mick063":aucnrc8c said:
I'm sure I'm not the only one that thought he was really good from the "get go." When Browner, Thomas, and Chancellor made the trip to the Pro Bowl a couple years ago, I thought the best of the bunch, Sherman, was sitting at home. I knew he was special from the very beginning. I'm sure most of you felt that way as well.

How did he get so good, so quick? How does a lanky guy change direction well enough to stay with NFL receivers?

His long stride "make up" speed is deceptive, and he is excellent at intelligently baiting quarterbacks. His wingspan allows him to play the back shoulder fade better than any corner in the game. He will stick his head in there to make a stop on running plays. He gets in the head of opposing players. He is often in the right place at the right time (for example, the blocked field goal return against San Francisco)

I love his game. I love his attitude. I think he is the best in the business. A core player that they absolutely must extend when the time comes.

How he does it in his words.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap200 ... -the-field

BamKam

Reaction score
It is just a guy stating his opinion. People shouldn't get all fussy just because he is bad mouthing Sherman. Get use to it, a lot more where that came from as that is the kind of attention Sherman will naturally draw with his extremely confident attitude.

I am sure if RS was on some other NFL team we would all be saying how he is way too cocky and is a liar/cheater blah blah blah.

He is the type of player that you love if he is on your team but more than likely can't stand if he is on someone elses because of how attitude/skill level.

Subzero717

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2h0o2257 said:
When you're right you're right and let me say. You're right and no worries, Sherman will be a Seahawk as long as he chooses, as long as he doesn't do a Revis that is.

When you say do what Revis did do you mean demand 16 million a year or tear his knee?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
McGruff":3gam8m8r said:

I thought u were going with the Glove there. That would be a much better comparison.

Subzero717

Reaction score
-The Glove-":24gfnqwp said:
McGruff":24gfnqwp said:

I thought u were going with the Glove there. That would be a much better comparison.

McGruff is also a North Korea sympathizer.

The Radish

Reaction score
-The Glove-":31uuo26j said:
McGruff":31uuo26j said:

I agree but the Glove didn't keep the world entranced with his off court antics like Worm does.

:les:

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sherman has stolen a page from Muhammed Ali marketing 101: Make half the population love him, the other half hate him and know that both sides will watch with equal interest.

Genius.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The Radish":112qv67p said:
-The Glove-":112qv67p said:
McGruff":112qv67p said:

I agree but the Glove didn't keep the world entranced with his off court antics like Worm does.

:les:

Well there also was no FB, Twitter, and all the other social media sites that allow so much access to a player now.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HawkWow":t4c8buxu said:
Sherman has stolen a page from Muhammed Ali marketing 101: Make half the population love him, the other half hate him and know that both sides will watch with equal interest.

Genius.

Mayweather is great at this as well

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2f62uf7n said:
KCHawkGirl":2f62uf7n said:

When you say do what Revis did do you mean demand 16 million a year or tear his knee?
Neither, the 16 million a year was a product of the Jets over pricing his rookie contract I am more talking about his penchant to holdout despite being signed to deals that are more than fair.

I see Sherman getting 14-15 million maybe slightly less because circumstances caused by the Jets gave Revis a unique position and the ability to get a contact that's an outlier even now.

HawkWow

Reaction score
-The Glove-":jw500iff said:
HawkWow":jw500iff said:

Genius.

Mayweather is great at this as well

'Cept Sherm don't get to hand pick his opponent. ;)

Excellent point, just the same.

EDIT: I am and have always been a Mayweather hater. But if being fair, I shouldn't let that cloud my sensibilities. Mayweather doesn't do the hand picking he's oft accused of. There's just currently a glut of talent at his weight and he makes his money exploiting that fact. Too many legit reasons to hate on Floyd. No need to make things up. ;) I feel better now.

Subzero717

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3c4r1jsd said:
CALIHAWK1":3c4r1jsd said:
KCHawkGirl":3c4r1jsd said:

Neither, the 16 million a year was a product of the Jets over pricing his rookie contract I am more talking about his penchant to holdout despite being signed to deals that are more than fair.

I see Sherman getting 14-15 million maybe slightly less because circumstances caused by the Jets gave Revis a unique position and the ability to get a contact that's an outlier even now.

So the Bucs are paying him 16 mill bevause of the Jets rookie contract.? He will ask for the moon due too ego and I don't see us paying. I hope not. I like Sherm but not 12 mill a year like.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You're taking past me. Basically Revis is driven by pure ego and his entire self worth is predicated on being the highest paid at his position regardless. I don't know the numbers for what a CB that is arguably in a healthy Revis's zipcode so I guessed. That contact Tampa gave? Totally no risk for them and colossal blunder by Revis.

But you missed my point entirely I am not talking the money but the mindset Revis has.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sherman is the best in the league right now, he can say anything he wants. If someone doesn't like it, to damn bad. Do your thing Sherm, they mad