What kind of numbers do you see Miller having?

Pick6

Reaction score
I've always been a big fan of Zach Miller and what I saw from him in the playoffs, I hope to see more this upcoming season. I'm assuming he would have better numbers this coming season but with all the new weapons, its difficult to tell.

Tical21

Reaction score
A little better, but not fantasy starter worthy. Hopefully the biggest improvement will be in the red zone. He is still a player whose pancake total is far more important than his catch total.

firebee

Reaction score
I expect Miller to have a huge season with Rice and Harvin taking the top off the secondary and Tate working the cross to occupy linebackers. Big plays all day everyday down the seam if he's developed some chemistry with Wilson, which it appeared like he was the 2nd half of last season. I'm guessing 80 catches for 700+ yards and 7 TDs with a whole lot of road grading in between.

In my league... That's fantasy worthy.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Those who pay attention to such things recognize Zach's contributions as a blocker, but by and large this fanbase has a tendency to overlook what he brings to the table as a receiver. Zach made some huge as in enormous plays vs Chicago and in the playoffs.

I think he is a candidate for an illustrious year, but I think he is a bit of a forgotten man in the identity of this offense.

We seem to be devoted to the brutality of the running game enhanced by the flash of RW3 to Tate, Rice and HARVIN.

Miller is a meat and potatoes kind of dirty work player, but in the big scheme of the way we operate he is the gravy.

McG

Reaction score
The dude needs to stay healthy and he can be 50-70 recs and 4-8 tds guy. Health is the key though, he has good hands and is a great route runner. The TE for a guy like Wilson should be big part of his game, but with Harvin getting more touches not to mention the fact that we run it a lot, he will probably be on the short end all those projected numbers I put up.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I am thinking 48-50 catches? It's hard to know because Wilson spreads it out and Percy is such a ridiculous do everything guy.

drdiags

Reaction score
Zach should have a good year. I think he can get 8 TDs and 70 catches, if the team uses him like they did down the stretch. The Lions, Bills, Rams at home, Bears and playoffs games had him making big catches and scores that I think is there for the taking all year. McCoy had several explosive plays as well, so we know Wilson can use his TEs to make big plays.

I am expecting big things from Miller.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Realistically, I would say 30-40 catches on 35-45 targets for 400-500 yards, 4-6 TDs.

We just have too many weapons: Rice, Tate, Harvin, Baldwin, Harper, Williams, McCoy, Willson, Lynch, Turbin, Michael, Robinson... Not saying the Seahawks will utilize all of them, just saying that every one of those guys can contribute something to the table with Russell Wilson throwing them the ball. Seahawks are stacked with so much firepower, we will be celebrating 4th of July on most Sundays.

Also, not saying the Seahawks won't pass it more this year but we have a very explosive offense that should score points. If the Seahawks have the lead in the 2nd half, we're running the ball. And honestly I don't expect very many shootouts against our defense.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Yeah, Zack is good but Luke's got The Force behind him. Zack might get targeted in 2 TE, sets, but only if Luke allows Russ to do so. Look out league, we got a Jedi at TE! Darren Fells chances are slipping away.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":22vrat44 said:
Darren Fells chances are slipping away.
I'd say that their gone since he was cut last Wednesday.

Looking forward to see Willson in action.

firebee

Reaction score
Our offensive line should be much improved over last year with everybody returning, which should produce more opportunities for our offense with sustained drives and converted downs. Our defense looks like it may be even more disruptive than it was last year. This defense may actually break some records this year. With that... I think these are realistic numbers for our skill positions on offense.

Russell Wilson - 350 for 550 - 3500 yards - 30-35 TDs - 7 Ints

Marshawn Lynch - 250 carries - 1200+ yards - 12 TDs
Robert Turbin - 120 carries - 500 yards - 6 TDs
Russell Wilson - 60 carries - 350 yards - 2 TDs
other team rushing - 50 carries - 300 yards - 4 TDs

Sidney Rice - 70 receptions - 800 yards - 5 TDs
Percy Harvin - 70 receptions - 1000 yards - 8 TDs
Golden Tate - 60 receptions - 750 yards - 6 TDs
Zach Miller - 60 receptions - 600 yards - 5 TDs
Backs - 50 receptions - 400 yards - 5 TDs
Other Receivers and Tight Ends - 40 Receptions - 400 yards - 4 TDs

If our offense can come close to hitting these bench marks without our defense dropping off from last year, we're winning a Super Bowl and San Fran can eat it.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
firebee":3pwsrctk said:
Our offensive line should be much improved over last year with everybody returning, which should produce more opportunities for our offense with sustained drives and converted downs. Our defense looks like it may be even more disruptive than it was last year. This defense may actually break some records this year. With that... I think these are realistic numbers for our skill positions on offense.

If our offense can come close to hitting these bench marks without our defense dropping off from last year, we're winning a Super Bowl and San Fran can eat it.

I don't see Wilson throwing the ball that much (That's 35 attempts a game)I bet Tate, Miller and Rice are all around 50 catches.

firebee

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1pwk67n9 said:
firebee":1pwk67n9 said:

I don't see Wilson throwing the ball that much (That's 35 attempts a game)I bet Tate, Miller and Rice are all around 50 catches.

480 rushes with 550 passes is what a good offense produces... I don't expect us to rely on the run 500+ times like we we did last year, but I do expect us to run the ball a lot. 480 rushes is still a lot of rushing attempts for an offense. 30 times a game. I expect us to run the ball extremely well when we do run, but I don't think Wilson is going to have the leash on him like he did for much of last year either. I also expect our offensive line to be much more effective at sustaining drives, converting downs; which will lead to more snaps. The other big factor I'm thinking about is the turnover ratio. I think all of us are expecting a better turnover ratio this year. I fully expect Wilson's interceptions to be a single digit number. I fully expect Wilson to be a 65% passer. All of these things considered, I think 350-550 - 3500 yards - 30-35 TDs and 6-8 interceptions is a realistic goal for Wilson. More experience and more opportunities with better weapons, a better offensive line and a better defense are going to make Wilson produce a lot better numbers this year. 480 attempts is still going to make us a top 5 rushing offense if our backs keep averaging 5 yards a carry. These are all realistic goals for our offense.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how he recovers from the foot injury in the last game of the year. His recovery has not been reported on at all. With all the other weapons and our run focus, I'd guess 40-50 catches max, with a ton of great blocks

HolyEffinMoses

Reaction score
I'm with the majority it seems in thinking he'll be around a 50 reception player. I do think he'll be a bigger factor in the red zone and would love to see him pull in around 8 TD's.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Harvin's going to take some of his touches.

I'd go 40-45 rec, 650-700 yards and 6-8 TD's. Rice and Harvin will open things up over the middle for Zach, giving him room to rumble. I see good YAC out of him, that's why the higher yardage and fewer receptions.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I like Miller but I don't see him doing enough to earn his 11-12m dollar salary this year, that's for sure.

Nothing against him I think he'll be solid like he was last year, and it's not necessarily his fault the way his contract is structured but there are too many other parts of the offense to get the ball too for him to get the stats to support being the highest paid TE In the league in '13.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Miller isn't making 11m this year, unless I'm mistaken.

Most of our salary cap pundits on this site said his salary really dropped off this year, making it easier to extend Kam, etc.

I want to say 3.5 - 4m from what I remember reading here.