How about least favorite college teams?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
How about least favorite college teams?
Sat May 11, 2013 3:20 pm
  • To piggy back off of Kearly's thread, what college teams do you really dislike?

There are quite a few NFL Teams which I really can't stand and are easy to hate (Cowboys, Jets, Raiders to name a few), but its not as easy for me to hate college teams.

I love beating UW, but I don't really hate them and generally root for them in most of their games.

I really dislike Notre Dame, don't even really know why, just always have. Also have a pretty strong dislike for Texas, seems like they get 5 star recruits and turn them into 5th round draft picks, plus I think they have the most entitled and arrogant fan base.

Ohio State would probably be pretty high on my list too, not because I dislike them necessarily but because I really dislike Urban Meyer. Same would go for USC as long as they keep Kiffin around (although as a rival I hope they keep him around for a long, long time!)

But I think my most hated college team is Boise State. I'm sure its partly because they beat my Ducks the last two times they've played, but mostly its because I absolutely HATE that damn blue field.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Oregon Ducks, ugly, ugly, ugly. :)

Michigan State, LSU and USC (mainly just Kiffin)
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

• Michigan,Ohio St due to being the usual big 12 powers(Iowa fan)

Notre Dame since I seem to know alot of people who like them which makes them wayyyy too mainstream for my liking

Oklahoma is one I dislike due to my like of the Longhorns and never have been a fan of their players especially Landry Jones who I felt was extremely overrated

Miami just because for so many years they were the in team to like

I liked USC during the Carroll years but under Kiffin they have been a joke,he needs to go for them to be relevant again and I honestly hold a grudge against him for Barkley's fall(I feel like he can be a great qb in this league) and just how arrogant he is
    cubbyhawkfan
    NET Practice Squad

• Football - Alabama, Notre Dame

Basketball - Kentucky, Duke
    HOLLYWOOD
    NET Starter

• Notre Dame, Alabama, Michigan & Miami.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Can't say I have one. Notre Dame in the mid-90s came the closest.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Notre Dame, BYU, Florida, The Big Ten.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Oklahoma and Ohio State.

I am a UT/WSU fan, but it is hard for me to hate UW mainly because my sister is a UW Alumni. Also, I don't know exactly why I dislike Ohio State so much other than I started to dislike them quite a few years back, and that dislike continues now and probably forever. I guess I could compare it to how I dislike the Cowboys.
    TheLargentLine
    NET Rookie

• Texas, USC, WSU, Oregon, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Notre
    Dame, Michigan, Arizona, UCLA, and Stanford.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Being a Longhorns fan just about every team in the Big 12... but obvisouly Oklahoma stands out at the top.

Also a pair of other teams that I really loathe, Alabama and Ohio State. (which makes college football not really fun lately :pukeface: )
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

• Miami and Florida. As an FSU fan, it is ingrained into my psyche.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

• WSU (I was raised by Dawgs, never fully got behind UW but hating WSU is in my DNA) and Ohio State (just always have). A bit of Alabama, too, mostly because my 2nd team is LSU and I'm a little tired of seeing them in the BCS game.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

• Miami.

Always hated them, will always hate them and sharing our natty with them makes it 100x worse. Punkass'.

There are only a few teams I genuinely dislike (Oregon, USC, ND) but can't deny my emotions are tainted by a smidge of envy. In fact, USC's downward spiral finds me rooting for their return to prominence. Can't kick a dog when it's down...even though they would kick ours, but beating them in their current state of Kiffin-induced disarray, just won't feel quite as good.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• ND, Clemson and aOSU. Have always disliked ND, hate Lou holtz the guy is a clown.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• WSU and Texas A&M.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• THE Ohio State is THE best answer.

No other team is more consistently overrated.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Haha, damn, I was gonna make a comment about THE in THE Ohio State University. Oregon and Ohio State are definitely at the top of my list.
    HolyEffinMoses
    NET Bench Warmer

• UDub, no doubt. It's to the point where I literally hate huskies now, despite how beautiful they are. If I see one in the street I'm thinking about how I wanna curse it out. I'm from the East Coast and even though I always grew up loving the Pac-10 and watching Pac-10 basketball/football on FSN, I never had the natural hatred for the Huskies or any of the Pac-10 teams really. I liked watching the pacific northwest teams equally and it was only til I went to Wazzu that I started to really hate UDub. Now, it's a big part of who I am. My irrational sports hatred of them is off the charts.

Other schools I hate include:
    Notre Dame - Why the hell is every one of their games still being televised!? Did them and NBC sign a lifetime contract? They make me sick.

Ohio State - Before I liked the Pac-10, I loved Michigan. Something about waking up on Saturday mornings and putting on ESPN to watch Michigan/Illinois from a dreary Ann Arbor. Always loved The Big House. So naturally, I grew to hate the Buckeyes. It's still pretty strong to this day. I'm always happy when they lose.

Nebraska - I don't know why, but I've always hated them. Sorry to any 'Huskers fans out there. I probably shouldn't hate them, but I do.

Miami - At one point not too long ago, they were consistently the best team in the country. I hated them for it. Although, I did root for them over Ohio State in the National Championship. Plus, a very good friend of mine went to the U, so I'm cool with them now.

Asides from those, I never really liked Texas or USC either.

Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• NYCoug wrote:Other schools I hate include:
    Notre Dame - Why the hell is every one of their games still being televised!? Did them and NBC sign a lifetime contract? They make me sick.

Not lifetime, just through 2025.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/contract-g ... ncaaf.html
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Looks like most people on this board hate Miami. With how mediocre my alma mater has been the last decade I am surprised anyone cares to notice them, let alone hate them.

Also shocked and disappointed that no one mentioned hating Penn State. Allowing an obvious predator like Sandusky to roam the campus raping innocent boys and then trying to cover it up is beyond despicable. They should have gotten the permanent death penalty for that. I used to hate OSU and ND but now I practically love those teams compared with how much I despise Penn State.
    "It was so loud Derrick Coleman heard it."
    Thunderhawk
    NET Starter

• Oregon, LSU, and Miami
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

• Thunderhawk wrote:Looks like most people on this board hate Miami. With how mediocre my alma mater has been the last decade I am surprised anyone cares to notice them, let alone hate them.

Also shocked and disappointed that no one mentioned hating Penn State. Allowing an obvious predator like Sandusky to roam the campus raping innocent boys and then trying to cover it up is beyond despicable. They should have gotten the permanent death penalty for that. I used to hate OSU and ND but now I practically love those teams compared with how much I despise Penn State.

Though I have a healthy disgust with Penn State, they're getting punished already. And outside of that one incident, they aren't nearly as hateable as a team like Ohio State. Their fans are the worst.

In the Pac 12, I hate Arizona and love to see them lose (at least in football.) I also hate Alabama because of sick of them, and as good a coach as Saban is, it's an awful feeling to see that huge of a douchebag attain such success. See Harbaugh, Jim for references.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Oregon is by far my least favorite. Also can't stand Notre Dame or USC. I enjoy watching Duke and UNC lose in basketball and in general the SEC faltering.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• Notre Dame - the Dallas Cowpatties of college football
    U of Miami - The Pissburgh Stealers of college football
    The SEC - because they get to play for the MYTHICAL national champioship with 1 loss when no one else does and they won't schedule outside their little geographic niche. You win 7 in a row when the playoffs are implemented and when strength of schedule is factored in and I'll be impressed. Until then, I don't wanna hear it.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• UNC-Ch--they got away with cheating to keep players eligible with fake no-show classes, paying tutors to plagerize papers, free Miami trips for atheletes with NFL agents, and having football staff paid by NFL agents--- and the administration, the NCAA, and the Board of Governers of North Carolina and the ACC turned a blind eye. They should have gotten the death penalty.

The history with my alma-mater, NC State is that we get the death penalty (mostly self-imposed) after UNC bickering in 1990 when all we did was players sold shoes and sold game tickets. Such a double standard should not stand. We are still bitter and several NC State fans seemingly can't sleep at night knowing how easy UNC has gotten off for their misdeeds.
    aawolf
    NET Starter

• Clemson (I'm a South Carolina fan, so that's a given) and Tennessee.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Football - UCLA (all sports really), Ohio State, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, BYU

Basketball - Gonzaga, Duke (with a passion on each)
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Duke and Wazzu
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Oregon, ND, USC and then WSU.

In that order. Go Dawgs
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• I have great respect for Notre Dame due to the fact I grew up about a hour from South Bend, plus the great history and rivalry they share with USC; but I want them to lose--badly. Their bandwagon, subway alumni drive me insane.

I hate Ohio State with a passion. I'm from Michigan--it's part of my geographical DNA to hate the bucknuts.

I hated Florida while Urban Meyer was there because I really dislike him. I hate most of the SEC, actually.

I dislike Miami mostly because of Paul Dee and what he did to USC as chair of the NCAA's COI. Hypocrite.

Lastly, don't Bruin your life!
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Notre Dame - the Dallas Cowpatties of college football
    U of Miami - The Pissburgh Stealers of college football
    The SEC - because they get to play for the MYTHICAL national champioship with 1 loss when no one else does and they won't schedule outside their little geographic niche. You win 7 in a row when the playoffs are implemented and when strength of schedule is factored in and I'll be impressed. Until then, I don't wanna hear it.

What he said, re: the SEC.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Notre Dame/BYU. I don't hate religion per se, I can't stand religious schools in sports. feels wrong to me. SMU get honorable mention.

USC was a school I used to hate. But then they were the Pac-10's only defense from the SEC, so I got over it. I still have trouble liking Stanford after Bill Walsh led the crusade to destroy the Huskies and Don James. The Bruins have Mora now, I can't stand the guy.

Cougar's list looks a lot like mine after that. A lot of it isn't hatred, I just like upsets so I end up rooting against the established annual favorites a lot. I think the ranking system is built of bullshit, so anything that messes it up is fine with me.

I do have an irrational hatred of Nebraska and the Buckeyes. Maybe it is the red. IDK.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Florida

Oh, and I guess I don't like Oklahoma or Ohio State, either.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Florida and Miami. I don't like the programs at all. I still can stand the shared title the Huskies got in the 90s.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• LOL at the SEC haters.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Ohio State, Southern Cal, and Florida State.
    pnwhawk25
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information