Greetings Mr Goodell

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Welcome Mr. Goodell. Please rethink your scheduling policy concerning West teams traveling to the EST timezone.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
RockHawk":2khy8koi said:
Chukarhawk":2khy8koi said:
The chances that the NFL commish cruises random team message boards? about zero.

The chances he did so just to give props to the second largest Seahawks website owned and run by NFL fans? Better than zero.

Of course I'm in no way stating he's a regular here, and may have only seen us once or twice, but the fact that he made a point to reach out to me just to give us props was very cool. Thus, the welcome message.

Not to be off topic but what seahawk board is larger than .net?

P.S.

Hey Rog, glad to have you aboard. It would be cool to get the perspective from the top of the NFL on such matters every now and then.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Fudwamper":10g1c86d said:
RockHawk":10g1c86d said:
Chukarhawk":10g1c86d said:
The chances that the NFL commish cruises random team message boards? about zero.

The chances he did so just to give props to the second largest Seahawks website owned and run by NFL fans? Better than zero.

Of course I'm in no way stating he's a regular here, and may have only seen us once or twice, but the fact that he made a point to reach out to me just to give us props was very cool. Thus, the welcome message.

P.S.

Hey Rog, glad to have you aboard. It would be cool to get the perspective from the top of the NFL on such matters every now and then.

I'm not certain, but I think he was referring to seahawks.com. He said 2nd biggest website, not forum. And threw in the fact that we're run by fans. At least that's the way I read it.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Welcome to .net Mr. Goodell...I'm sure you have a thick skin being in your line of work.

I agree with everyone who posted regarding the team traveling east to play at 10AM it just doesn't play into keeping the game competitive when the guys are half awake. If the Steelers can catch a break traveling West then the Seahawks should be able to catch a break traveling East to play at a decent hour. That is all.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Cool, hopefully you guys get the chance to pass on some suggestions that he considers that need to be addressed.

By the way, what's his username?

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Welcome, Commissioner, I really really really love paying full price for two worthless preseason games a year, and echo everything else people have said about the scheduling.

firebee

Reaction score
Please say it ain't so. What do you say to someone who never thinks they've made a bad decision? I guess you ask a question... Do you actually have a strategy for improving the game and the marketability of the game or do you just wing it as it comes? Guess I'll just put my blinders on and wait for the answer to my question that won't be answered because.. That's what Goodell would do.

Welcome to .net Goodell

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
[youtube]nB3kQZJ2aLw[/youtube]

Let my people go!

Also, can you somehow just get rid of SF fans? That'd be greeeeat.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
nanomoz":1kyyfu2h said:
Welcome, boss.

I'm still pissed about the new scheduling rules you passed a few years ago. The ones that prevent east coast teams from traveling west more than twice per year. The Pittsburgh Steelers last played in Seattle in 2003.

2003, Roger. 2003. While the Hawks have five 10AM starts this season.

:shock:
Exactly this.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
This is actually pretty cool. I mean at least that means Roger has actually perused what the fans of his sport are saying and thinking, unlike his NBA counterpart who only cares about what will make him look good in the public eye.

chris98251

Reaction score
Needs to keep up on the news from a source that breaks and predicts a lot of it as well as compiles it all in one place :)

Welcome to the fans point of view Roger and enjoy your stay, glad you have the intelligence to see what the fans think and feel and just don't beleive everything told to you in meetings.

The Radish

Reaction score
Fudwamper":32ji9pz6 said:
RockHawk":32ji9pz6 said:
Chukarhawk":32ji9pz6 said:

P.S.

I'm going to take a guess here and imagine hits per day/week/month here are pretty close to Seahawks.com. I'm pretty sure not many fan based sites can say that about their site compared to their teams NFL site.

Also many fan based sites main forums are rugby games with fewer rules.

There are many here that think we are to strict about our conversatons on the main forum but doing that seems to have smoothed the waters between us and our NFL site. The NFL made it clear several years ago they wished ANY information about an NFL team come only through an approved venue of their choosing. If they have backed off even a little from that stance its good for us.

Perhaps as more and more people get their football information electronically they will have to rethink the blind eye they have viewed us with in past years. Things work slowly through giant corporations. Remember how long it took to allow players to have access to water during training camps. That attitude was only removed within the last few years.

:les:

Largent80

Reaction score
:2:

Hello, I would like to request that you examine the records of teams from the west coast travelling east.

Go back at least a decade.

Then, fix this travesty.

Thanks for reading.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
If this thread is archive bound, I should probably post something witty and clever.

Sorry to disappoint.

Welcome to .NET Commish.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Hi Mr. Goodell.

Your father was a great man, and I appreciate him standing up for my civil rights and the rights of vets in Vietnam.

Therefore, I won't bash you. However, about auto-flags on hard hits, gimping the ability of running backs to lower their shoulders, league scheduling for the Seahawks and getting a Super Bowl up here...

Shock2k

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1pamzm9g said:
He is definitely better than David Stern. I'll give him that.

The rest of my opinion shall be reserved for the Shack!

Goodell is Winston Churchill compared to that tool Stern.

Whatever you feel about Goodell the NFL has turned into a fiscal and social powerhouse under his watch, and the moves he's making (ill-conceived or not) towards increasing player safety have mitigated a growing PR nightmare (are we even talking about long term effects of concussions anymore).

Not to say you’re not suspect Goodell, but it's really hard to find fault from a league and ownership perspective in the moves you make.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
By "reads .net", do you mean Goodell "reads regularly once a week in detail, in order to gauge fan opinions" or "glanced at it once for ten seconds"? I'm guessing it's the latter.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I personally think he shoud practically hand us a SB, I swear I'll celebrate it like it was legit!

IronSaint

Reaction score
Greetings, Führer!

I'd much appreciate having a few words with you in my office, the Smack Shack. You may leave your gloves at the door, we won't be needing them... :thfight7:

:0190l: