Going to every game this season

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Going to every game this season
Fri May 10, 2013 5:31 am
  • I know bestfightstory had a thread going earlier this offseason about whether or not anyone was planning on going to ALL of the games this season. After a move to Brooklyn from my native Queens, a tough move no doubt, but one that saves me a bunch when it comes to rent. Plus, Brooklyn's pretty cool too and I can't lie, I've got a sick place now with a nice backyard for cookouts and stuff. Something I didn't have before. On top of that, I got promoted to manager at my job (bar/restaurant), which means more $. Throw in the $ I was saving in order to put a bet on the Hawks this year and you've got endless possibilities. Especially since betting on the Hawks might not even be worth it at this point. I'll still throw a bet down on them but that's only because I KNOW they're going to win it all this year, not for the money.

What I'm gonna be doing with the rest of that money is living the dream and going to every game on the schedule. No preseason, I'm not balling like that, but I'm going to try and make it out for Training Camp once as well. I've already got my schedule at work figured out (Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat Brunch, ends at 3:30) and I'll work the week and then travel on Saturday night. My cousin is a manager at a Marriott here in NYC, so I can use her friends and family benefit and only pay 35 bucks for a hotel. I'm not the biggest fan of flying, so in cases where I can take a bus or a train for cheaper, I will. I'm contemplating whether or not I want to fly to Charlotte or take a 15 hour bus ride for $40 round trip instead. Whatever, the logistics don't matter, what does is that I'll be there every step of the way this year.

A dream of mine has always been to make a movie or produce a movie or something along those lines. For that reason, I'll be bringing a camera around with me and filming some of my travels. I already have some ideas for movie names and how I'd want the end product to look. I love checking out the nightlife of a new city when I travel. Love that feeling of seeing how, as people, we're pretty much the same when it comes to partying. The drink of choice might be different, and the music playing might be as well, but at the end of the day everybody's looking to have a good time. Plus, I'll be trying to talk to as many Hawks fans along the way as possible. That's the part of the trips that I'm looking forward to the most. The other crazy Hawks fans that I'm bound to meet at every single game. And I love meeting new people, especially Hawks fans, so if anyone wants to meet up before a game or if there's a .Net gathering going down you know I'm down.

Plus, I think a diehard Hawks fan from NYC following his team around because he knows this is the year, only to have the Super Bowl be back home in NY (Jersey) would be a pretty sick sports documentary that Hawks fans would want to see. Screw everyone else. This would be just for us.

Is anybody else thinking about doing this? I figure I'm 26, I might have time in the future to do this, but right now this is my best chance to do it now. The future is not guaranteed. Anybody else giving it thought?

Go Hawks!
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Re: Going to every game this season
Fri May 10, 2013 6:16 am
  • Thats actually pretty awesome. Would make your movie 100x more awesome if we win it all too
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 6:20 am
  • That is pretty awesome NYCoug, I wish you the best of luck on this! I would love to be able to do something like this some day. My wish right now is to be able to catch an away game. Maybe I will get a chance to see you at training camp so I can be part of this epic Superbowl bound video! :thirishdrinkers:
    The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!
    12thMode
    NET Starter

Fri May 10, 2013 6:24 am
  • Pstark3 wrote:Thats actually pretty awesome. Would make your movie 100x more awesome if we win it all too

I know, that's what I was thinking! It would be insane!

I wouldn't even be looking to make much cash off of it. I'd want a quarter of the proceeds to go to a cancer fund for our boy Paul Allen and a quarter to go towards AIDS research. As long as I got enough $ to make my sister's life amazing (she just turned 4) and to help out my family, I'd consider it a massive success. Can't get ahead of myself though, plus, I don't want to jinx the Hawks haha
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 6:45 am
  • The the last 2 years I haven't been able to attend my standard road game a year. I was dealing with petty things like buying a home and work. I'm due, for sure.

Let's pick a game where a bunch of us can travel to,also? Dom, BFS and Matt are usually all-in.
    Last edited by pehawk on Fri May 10, 2013 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri May 10, 2013 6:48 am

Fri May 10, 2013 7:24 am
  • Living the dream. It will be a year you will always remember. If you are able to do it now don't put it off. The stars may never align this way again.
    godawg
    NET Starter

Fri May 10, 2013 7:27 am
  • godawg wrote:Living the dream. It will be a year you will always remember. If you are able to do it now don't put it off. The stars may never align this way again.

That's exactly how I feel man. Who knows what life will look like in a year or so, or even further into the future. I can do this now, and I'm going to meet some amazing people along the way and of course, watch the Hawks kick some serious ass! To borrow a page from our very own, nifty, cutting edge and ahead of the game Seattle Seahawks marketing team of years past...

NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 8:16 am
  • Hey, man, I guess I will be seeing you at several points along the way. I already have committed to 4 games and will likely go to more. I'm gonna send you a PM here in a bit.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Fri May 10, 2013 8:24 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:Hey, man, I guess I will be seeing you at several points along the way. I already have committed to 4 games and will likely go to more. I'm gonna send you a PM here in a bit.

What games you in for? I need a road game.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri May 10, 2013 8:27 am
  • That's what I'm talkin about bfs! Can't wait to meet the man, the myth, the legend!
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 8:27 am
  • I'll be at Carolina, Atlanta and Indy. I don't post here often, but I'd love to meet up with fellow .netters for pregaming.
    HawkFanNC
    NET Rookie

Fri May 10, 2013 8:37 am
  • I'm eyeing Houston as the road game I go to .. was thinking Indy would be cool if it happened during NBA season so I could catch a Pacers game too (my NBA team) but it's earlier in the year.

So .NET roadie in Houston?! Yes? Yes?
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Fri May 10, 2013 8:39 am
  • You absolutely have to go for it, NYCoug. Life's way too short to be hanging around dreaming. Making my first trip to the PNW for this season too. Wish you all the best.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 8:45 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:I'm eyeing Houston as the road game I go to .. was thinking Indy would be cool if it happened during NBA season so I could catch a Pacers game too (my NBA team) but it's earlier in the year.

Myself
    Dom
    MysterMatt
    Seatown81
    FlyingGreg
    RockHawk
    Aros
    HoustonHawk (of course)
    NYCoug
    Hasselbeck
    Barthawk
    Have all tentatively committed to Houston.

My apologies to any I have left off the list.
    Last edited by bestfightstory on Fri May 10, 2013 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Fri May 10, 2013 9:14 am
  • I will be in Houston as well.. Stay at the Crown Plaza.. right next to the Stadium.. nice hotel

Only a 3hr drive from the house for H-town..

http://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/u ... oteldetail

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 am
  • I'm jealous! My work schedule unfortunately won't allow for one game let alone all of them!
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

Fri May 10, 2013 9:48 am
  • Wish I had the money to do that! Maybe I can convince my wife that private school is over-rated and send our kid to public school for the sake of fullfilling my seahawks dream. . . .
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 11:18 am
  • I'm going to the Thursday night game in Phoenix, should be awesome.
    MarinersFanBart
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri May 10, 2013 11:20 am
  • Congrats, man! Looking forward to seeing that film!

I'll be lucky if I make it to one game this year, haha. Definitely going to VMAC for training camp, though! Went last year and it was fun.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 11:30 am
  • Houston is shaping up to be epic.

I'm bringing bail money.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Fri May 10, 2013 11:44 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:I'm eyeing Houston as the road game I go to .. was thinking Indy would be cool if it happened during NBA season so I could catch a Pacers game too (my NBA team) but it's earlier in the year.

Myself
    Dom
    MysterMatt
    Seatown81
    FlyingGreg
    RockHawk
    Aros
    HoustonHawk (of course)
    NYCoug
    Hasselbeck
    Barthawk

Dang, that sounds like a good time. You guys have room for a percussionist on this bus?
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

Fri May 10, 2013 12:36 pm
  • LudwigsDrummer wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:I'm eyeing Houston as the road game I go to .. was thinking Indy would be cool if it happened during NBA season so I could catch a Pacers game too (my NBA team) but it's earlier in the year.

Myself
    Dom
    MysterMatt
    Seatown81
    FlyingGreg
    RockHawk
    Aros
    HoustonHawk (of course)
    NYCoug
    Hasselbeck
    Barthawk

Dang, that sounds like a good time. You guys have room for a percussionist on this bus?

Of course!
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Fri May 10, 2013 2:46 pm
  • I'm in, for sure. Houston...nice!
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun May 12, 2013 1:55 am
  • So, y'all gonna rent a van and road trip, or catch a flight?
    "God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Sun May 12, 2013 9:06 am
  • At this point in time, count me in for Houston.
    The lovely Mrs. Drummer gave me the clearance.

That's a Roger, Roger.
    Give me a vector Victor.
    I need clearance Clarence.

Rock on!
    I would like to see if there is any chance to sit amongst the great ones on this site. Any chance of a group package?
    LudwigsDrummer

Sun May 12, 2013 9:49 am
  • I like the video idea, pretty cool actually.

I'll probably never have the expendable income to see all Saints games in a year, but in the future, I do plan on making it out to one or two road games a year. I'd really enjoy coming to the CLink and see first hand, of how you boys match up against our Dome in loudness. :th2thumbs:

pehawk wrote:I have a boner, right now, as I type this.
    IronSaint
    NET Rookie

Sun May 12, 2013 10:46 am
  • That is a great idea and if you can do it now, never postpone opportunities! Carlow East in NYC is a great place to watch games too, but nothing beats Live experience! (I'm still in the process of organizing my first one.. Kids, job, half the world in distance etc.. One day..)
    The Moment: Image
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

Sun May 12, 2013 11:40 am
  • This is something I want to do the first season after I retire, which will be in 20 years. I am going to make it to the Saints Monday night this year, I would love to be in that video.
    Jayburd14
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Sun May 12, 2013 12:23 pm
  • Jayburd14 wrote:This is something I want to do the first season after I retire, which will be in 20 years. I am going to make it to the Saints Monday night this year, I would love to be in that video.

Buy him a ticket to that game and you probably will make the video edit!
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sun May 12, 2013 1:07 pm
  • I'm in for Houston fo sho....

C'mon, Nanomoz, come with me, I'll pick uo the hotel
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Sun May 12, 2013 2:04 pm
  • The focus of this thread should be all about the bold and beautiful undertaking our friend NYCoug is committing to. As such, I don't want to sidetrack it into a conversation about the .NET Houston expedition, but I want to add this:

As I, along with Seatown81, spearheaded this Houston Trip conversation when schedules were released and i have been in communication with another half dozen of those who have declared their intention to attend, I will continue to act, loosely, as pointman on this venture.

I am keeping a running 'roster/headcount' of those who have/will pledge to attend. I am exploring ticket and hotel possibilities and will co-ordinate and report back to this Forum, but, when necessary and closer to the season, I will make a 'ROADHAWKS HOUSTON" thread where we can share out plans/information regarding the event.

In the meantime, if anyone has ideas or questions for me feel free to text or Facebook message me or PM me if neither of those options is available.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sun May 12, 2013 4:05 pm
  • I am blown away that NYCoug is going to do this. What a fantastic adventure, culminating in a group trip to Tanzania next year after the Hawks win the Super Bowl.

Not sure if I can make it to Houston but I will definitely see some of you guys along the way this year. Can't be much better [outcome wise at least] than the epic Toronto trip last year!

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

Sun May 12, 2013 4:10 pm
  • As Coug embarks on this bucket list at the tender age of 26, lets make it a goal wine/dine the man on his road trips. When I get to Seattle for a game this year, he has a drink at Temple waiting.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sun May 12, 2013 8:40 pm
  • Very cool you're able to do this. I've been to 12 road games over the years, but I can't imagine being able to go to every game in a season. Outstanding
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun May 12, 2013 8:47 pm
  • Do it now cause once you have a family it will be much harder. SOunds awesome, Have a great time and i'd watch the movie even if we don't win it all.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 6:58 am
  • Way cool nyccoug! I would guess though you'd need to fly for games in Seattle no way train/bus would get you there and back in time to see games/other fun stuff. For the games out east you'd probably be able to do that.
    MissoulaHawkFan
    NET Rookie

Mon May 13, 2013 7:13 am
  • IronSaint wrote:I like the video idea, pretty cool actually.

I'll probably never have the expendable income to see all Saints games in a year, but in the future, I do plan on making it out to one or two road games a year. I'd really enjoy coming to the CLink and see first hand, of how you boys match up against our Dome in loudness. :th2thumbs:

Mrs. Drummer and myself made it to the home opener for you folks in `04. Seattle won 21-7.
    Granted, you didn't have the team then that you have now but really nothing compares to The Clink.
    LudwigsDrummer

Mon May 13, 2013 7:19 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:As Coug embarks on this bucket list at the tender age of 26, lets make it a goal wine/dine the man on his road trips. When I get to Seattle for a game this year, he has a drink at Temple waiting.

Definitely.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon May 13, 2013 7:20 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:The focus of this thread should be all about the bold and beautiful undertaking our friend NYCoug is committing to. As such, I don't want to sidetrack it into a conversation about the .NET Houston expedition, but I want to add this:

As I, along with Seatown81, spearheaded this Houston Trip conversation when schedules were released and i have been in communication with another half dozen of those who have declared their intention to attend, I will continue to act, loosely, as pointman on this venture.

I am keeping a running 'roster/headcount' of those who have/will pledge to attend. I am exploring ticket and hotel possibilities and will co-ordinate and report back to this Forum, but, when necessary and closer to the season, I will make a 'ROADHAWKS HOUSTON" thread where we can share out plans/information regarding the event.

In the meantime, if anyone has ideas or questions for me feel free to text or Facebook message me or PM me if neither of those options is available.

BFS is correct. Let's forgo the temptation to hijack this thread as the OP has shared his something special plan with us and that is what this thread is about.
    LudwigsDrummer

Mon May 13, 2013 8:01 am
  • Hijack away you sick bastards! Houston is going to be AMAZING! That roster, and no, not the Seahawks 53 man, should be enough to have Houston's Sheriff and all of it's local policemen on notice. You could probably make an epic movie based on trip alone! That's one of the games on the schedule I can't wait to see!

Really though, I just want to thank everyone for reaching out and for the support. Jon, Leif, Scott, Ludwig, Greg and everyone else (it's a long list, which just shows you why this place is seriously one of the greatest places on earth) you're all amazing people. Sick, I mean, we are Seahawks fans after all. You've got to be sick to have stuck with this team through some awful decades. But amazing nonetheless. I can't wait to meet everyone along the way and put some faces/real life stories to the (screen) names.

I was working all weekend and didn't get a chance to check out the site (or pay my phone bill on time, so I couldn't check the internet on my phone either haha) and missed this thread. Was really nice to see just now after a long weekend. And not in the good kind haha, actually, sorta. But thank you to all of you.

Wenhawk wrote:Do it now cause once you have a family it will be much harder. SOunds awesome, Have a great time and i'd watch the movie even if we don't win it all.

That's why I've got to do it now haha, I've got a girlfriend of almost 2 years who I'm living with, a 4 year old sister with a mom who isn't in the greatest of health, and some money that I worked hard for, saved up, and couldn't think of a better way of spending it, all while still being able to have a great schedule at work that'll allow me to do it.

Let's be real here. With a family of my own this probably won't be possible. If I had a kid or if something happened to my mom and I had to take care of my sister, priorities would have to take over. And rightfully so. Having said that... IT'S NOW TIME! WOOO!!!

TwilightError wrote:That is a great idea and if you can do it now, never postpone opportunities! Carlow East in NYC is a great place to watch games too, but nothing beats Live experience! (I'm still in the process of organizing my first one.. Kids, job, half the world in distance etc.. One day..)

Carlow East is the greatest. That's the only thing about this whole idea that upsets me and tears me up is that I won't be able to go to Carlow during Gameday. Luckily, I can just go there any other day of the week, after work or on my day off on Monday and hang with some of the same people and probably talk about the game. That place is absolutely blowing up over the last few years and I'm expecting that this year will be the craziest year at Carlow yet. I love that place. It's my little slice of heaven on earth. I watched the Seahawks mangle the 49ers with JonRud there. What a night. Carlow was rockin and the place turned into a full-on party after the blocked field goal TD. I've never seen so many wasted (myself included) Hawks fans in one place in my life. It was glorious. The Redskins playoff game too. Somebody's gonna have to videotape Carlow every week for me while I'm gone. The atmosphere is amazing and everyone there is pretty cool. Every place has it's regulars, but how many places in NYC can say that most of their regulars are Seahawks fans?

Jayburd14 wrote:This is something I want to do the first season after I retire, which will be in 20 years. I am going to make it to the Saints Monday night this year, I would love to be in that video.

That would be awesome. It could be like a glimpse into the future for you. You'd look back and watch it and think that I was Reese from Terminator. Sent from the future to show you what yours will look like. The beautiful thing about it though, is that in 20 years you could exactly what I'm going to do but it will be completely different. A different schedule would mean different road trips and totally new experiences.

As for flying, yeah, I hate it but I'm going to have to do it. I'm over it now. All of the trips to Seattle are going to be long flights, but I'm ready for it. I've started to get more and more used to flying and hopefully after all these trips I'll be completely fine with it. I just can't wait for this season to start already! (could this be the first, "well, you're gonna have to" of the off-season?! It'd be the highest honor)
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 9:54 am
  • I hate you all! Ugh one of the few negatives of living in Alaska, expensive travel! I hope all y'all realize just how fortunate you are! Oh well, I feel fortunate to be a fan of the best damn team in football. :th2thumbs:
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Tue May 14, 2013 5:45 pm
  • LudwigsDrummer wrote:Mrs. Drummer and myself made it to the home opener for you folks in `04. Seattle won 21-7.
    Granted, you didn't have the team then that you have now but really nothing compares to The Clink.

Haha, very nice you and the missus was able to make it down to our abode! And I concur, since it was back during the Haslett-Brooks era and before the sold out seasons today. I mean, it's down right ridiculous today. That's the reason I have to experience ya'll turf now. LOL. :th2thumbs:

pehawk wrote:I have a boner, right now, as I type this.
    IronSaint
    NET Rookie

Tue May 14, 2013 7:44 pm
  • I'll be in Houston! Reliant Stadium is less than 2 hrs from me. I'll also be in AZ and at CLink for the Jaguars. (My first home game - ever) And the Hawks are undefeated when I attend. Thankyouverymuch.
    "On third down, stop lookin' around"
    "Who ya gonna throw it to?"
    "This guy!"
    2ndRowSista
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue May 14, 2013 10:40 pm
  • This is awesome. With the Hawks games, the .NETTERS, the video... epic! Definitely record as much as possible (as long as it doesn't interfere with the actual experience, of course). And if you have some narrative ideas, that's great, but foremost is to capture your experiences and sort it all out later. A great example of this concept is the excellent documentary about the world's foremost street artists, called "Exit Through The Gift Shop," in which the filmer is also a participant in the action.

I did a cross-country road trip when I was 25 and now, looking back 14 years on, it's a major highlight of my life. I just wish I had documented it better!
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2013 11:00 pm
  • HawkAroundTheClock wrote:This is awesome. With the Hawks games, the .NETTERS, the video... epic! Definitely record as much as possible (as long as it doesn't interfere with the actual experience, of course). And if you have some narrative ideas, that's great, but foremost is to capture your experiences and sort it all out later. A great example of this concept is the excellent documentary about the world's foremost street artists, called "Exit Through The Gift Shop," in which the filmer is also a participant in the action.

I did a cross-country road trip when I was 25 and now, looking back 14 years on, it's a major highlight of my life. I just wish I had documented it better!

Thanks for the great advice. I'm going to check out Exit Through the Gift Shop. Haven't gotten around to seeing it yet but I'll have to now because of your suggestion. It seems necessary. I haven't really come up with any narrative ideas outside of the, dude from NYC follows his team for a whole season, knowing they will win, and they do, in his backyard after traveling all over the country. That would be sick. Other than that though, I really just want to do what you said. Just capture my experiences and sort em out. I want the places and 12's, and fans of others teams too, to be just as important as me and going to watch the Hawks. Well, maybe not as important as the Hawks. I just want it to be real (no bs like you're starting to see in other documentaries) and real good.

Weekly videos are probably a must at this point too. I'm gonna have to have my own training camp for my camera skills. Gotta be ready for the season!
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 4:28 am
  • I'll definitely be at the Seahawks-Colts game (I live in Indy). May be in St. Louis for MNF as well. Looking very much forward to following your thread; this will be awesome.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 4:48 am
  • Midwest Seahawkers always put on a great party, I'm sure Peter Flores will have something going. Indy was cool, great fans, pretty chill. Moses lives out there as well.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 6:07 am
  • NYCoug wrote:
    HawkAroundTheClock wrote:This is awesome. With the Hawks games, the .NETTERS, the video... epic! Definitely record as much as possible (as long as it doesn't interfere with the actual experience, of course). And if you have some narrative ideas, that's great, but foremost is to capture your experiences and sort it all out later. A great example of this concept is the excellent documentary about the world's foremost street artists, called "Exit Through The Gift Shop," in which the filmer is also a participant in the action.

Thanks for the great advice. I'm going to check out Exit Through the Gift Shop. Haven't gotten around to seeing it yet but I'll have to now because of your suggestion. It seems necessary. I haven't really come up with any narrative ideas outside of the, dude from NYC follows his team for a whole season, knowing they will win, and they do, in his backyard after traveling all over the country. That would be sick. Other than that though, I really just want to do what you said. Just capture my experiences and sort em out. I want the places and 12's, and fans of others teams too, to be just as important as me and going to watch the Hawks. Well, maybe not as important as the Hawks. I just want it to be real (no bs like you're starting to see in other documentaries) and real good.

Weekly videos are probably a must at this point too. I'm gonna have to have my own training camp for my camera skills. Gotta be ready for the season!

Would not be a bad idea to contact the Seahawks once you have your itinerary straight.. they may be able to help you secure decent tickets, especially if you were able to document your trip either using video or a journal.. .com would love to post something like that on their site.. may even turn itself into sideline passes or some other perks from the team.. just a thought..

There are people at HQ that would love to hear about this experience..

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

Thu May 16, 2013 10:10 am
  • The attractive and vivacious Mrs. Drummer and I will also be at the Az game. We have a second home in Arizona about 6 miles from the UofP stadium. I plan to take a weeks vacation that week and hang in the sun. If NYCoug's expenses for this tour are climbing too high, I'll put you up for the night and get you transpo to/from the event and drop your butt at the airport if need be.
    Rock on!
    Go Seahawks.
    LudwigsDrummer

Next

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information