It's a sobering reminder about expectations.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I'll have to disagree with you Les. I watched Billygoats power rankings all last year. He went on a six week binge of barely notching the Hawks up after wins because he is in love with ARod and cried over the fail mary, while ignoring that ARod was gifted a TD himself in the game. Out of the playoff teams in his week 17 ranking, he took the Hawks out of 4th and ranked them last among playoff teams with the epithet they couldn't win on the road and were a surefire one and done. Maker his words.

That he's more equitable covering games so he doesn't anger fanbases than he is playing to big market bias in his national articles surprises me little, they didn't hire him to get emails from enraged fans after games.

rastahawk

Reaction score
I don't need reassurance from talking heads to decide whether or not we are a championship caliber team. Every fan on this board knows everything we need to know about our team to set our expectations. The team has made itself accountable to it by calling this offseason the "Championship Offseason". If you filter out the noise we see a team that went 12-6 last season winning 8 of its last 10 games. All losses were only by a touchdown or less. We did not face a single team that separated themselves as clearly the better team. Then we got better, yes better in the offseason. Our coach, manager and roster are a solid "A" grade. Think what you want but its an "A". We've watched this team grow, we've seen it turn the corner and its made believers out of us. All the info I need to know is infront of my eyes.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
rastahawk":2i537ql4 said:
I don't need reassurance from talking heads to decide whether or not we are a championship caliber team. Every fan on this board knows everything we need to know about our team to set our expectations. The team has made itself accountable to it by calling this offseason the "Championship Offseason". If you filter out the noise we see a team that went 12-6 last season winning 8 of its last 10 games. All losses were only by a touchdown or less. We did not face a single team that separated themselves as clearly the better team. Then we got better, yes better in the offseason. Our coach, manager and roster are a solid "A" grade. Think what you want but its an "A". We've watched this team grow, we've seen it turn the corner and its made believers out of us. All the info I need to know is infront of my eyes.

Well said Rastahawk! :th2thumbs:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'd be very leery about including every fan....given I am just a girl, an ordinary girl just an original model girl ......:)

drdiags

Reaction score
Sounds good Rasta, but the OP was talking about the beginning of last year. So the actual season last year hadn't happened when the video was done. Not sure how your comments applies to the OP's cautionary tale about making rash statements that can come back to haunt you?

Maybe you were just using the fallout from the Billick bash as an opportunity to offer your forward looking post?