What kind of numbers do you see Miller having?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I've always been a big fan of Zach Miller and what I saw from him in the playoffs, I hope to see more this upcoming season. I'm assuming he would have better numbers this coming season but with all the new weapons, its difficult to tell.
    Pick6
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 96
    Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:45 pm


  • A little better, but not fantasy starter worthy. Hopefully the biggest improvement will be in the red zone. He is still a player whose pancake total is far more important than his catch total.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1408
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


  • 86?
    <A>
    <IMG></A>
    User avatar
    McGruff
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1579
    Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am
    Location: Elma, WA


  • I expect Miller to have a huge season with Rice and Harvin taking the top off the secondary and Tate working the cross to occupy linebackers. Big plays all day everyday down the seam if he's developed some chemistry with Wilson, which it appeared like he was the 2nd half of last season. I'm guessing 80 catches for 700+ yards and 7 TDs with a whole lot of road grading in between.

    In my league... That's fantasy worthy.
    firebee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1229
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:43 pm
    Location: Florence, Oregon


  • Those who pay attention to such things recognize Zach's contributions as a blocker, but by and large this fanbase has a tendency to overlook what he brings to the table as a receiver. Zach made some huge as in enormous plays vs Chicago and in the playoffs.

    I think he is a candidate for an illustrious year, but I think he is a bit of a forgotten man in the identity of this offense.

    We seem to be devoted to the brutality of the running game enhanced by the flash of RW3 to Tate, Rice and HARVIN.

    Miller is a meat and potatoes kind of dirty work player, but in the big scheme of the way we operate he is the gravy.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


  • The dude needs to stay healthy and he can be 50-70 recs and 4-8 tds guy. Health is the key though, he has good hands and is a great route runner. The TE for a guy like Wilson should be big part of his game, but with Harvin getting more touches not to mention the fact that we run it a lot, he will probably be on the short end all those projected numbers I put up.
    User avatar
    McG
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 843
    Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:30 am
    Location: Van Buren, AR from Kent-Covington, WA


  • I am thinking 48-50 catches? It's hard to know because Wilson spreads it out and Percy is such a ridiculous do everything guy.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7226
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


  • Zach should have a good year. I think he can get 8 TDs and 70 catches, if the team uses him like they did down the stretch. The Lions, Bills, Rams at home, Bears and playoffs games had him making big catches and scores that I think is there for the taking all year. McCoy had several explosive plays as well, so we know Wilson can use his TEs to make big plays.

    I am expecting big things from Miller.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9211
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


  • Realistically, I would say 30-40 catches on 35-45 targets for 400-500 yards, 4-6 TDs.

    We just have too many weapons: Rice, Tate, Harvin, Baldwin, Harper, Williams, McCoy, Willson, Lynch, Turbin, Michael, Robinson... Not saying the Seahawks will utilize all of them, just saying that every one of those guys can contribute something to the table with Russell Wilson throwing them the ball. Seahawks are stacked with so much firepower, we will be celebrating 4th of July on most Sundays.

    Also, not saying the Seahawks won't pass it more this year but we have a very explosive offense that should score points. If the Seahawks have the lead in the 2nd half, we're running the ball. And honestly I don't expect very many shootouts against our defense.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1894
    Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:07 pm


  • Yeah, Zack is good but Luke's got The Force behind him. Zack might get targeted in 2 TE, sets, but only if Luke allows Russ to do so. Look out league, we got a Jedi at TE! Darren Fells chances are slipping away.
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2623
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


  • HawKnPeppa wrote: Darren Fells chances are slipping away.

    I'd say that their gone since he was cut last Wednesday.

    Looking forward to see Willson in action.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

    your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3085
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


  • Our offensive line should be much improved over last year with everybody returning, which should produce more opportunities for our offense with sustained drives and converted downs. Our defense looks like it may be even more disruptive than it was last year. This defense may actually break some records this year. With that... I think these are realistic numbers for our skill positions on offense.

    Russell Wilson - 350 for 550 - 3500 yards - 30-35 TDs - 7 Ints

    Marshawn Lynch - 250 carries - 1200+ yards - 12 TDs
    Robert Turbin - 120 carries - 500 yards - 6 TDs
    Russell Wilson - 60 carries - 350 yards - 2 TDs
    other team rushing - 50 carries - 300 yards - 4 TDs

    Sidney Rice - 70 receptions - 800 yards - 5 TDs
    Percy Harvin - 70 receptions - 1000 yards - 8 TDs
    Golden Tate - 60 receptions - 750 yards - 6 TDs
    Zach Miller - 60 receptions - 600 yards - 5 TDs
    Backs - 50 receptions - 400 yards - 5 TDs
    Other Receivers and Tight Ends - 40 Receptions - 400 yards - 4 TDs

    If our offense can come close to hitting these bench marks without our defense dropping off from last year, we're winning a Super Bowl and San Fran can eat it.
    firebee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1229
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:43 pm
    Location: Florence, Oregon


  • firebee wrote:Our offensive line should be much improved over last year with everybody returning, which should produce more opportunities for our offense with sustained drives and converted downs. Our defense looks like it may be even more disruptive than it was last year. This defense may actually break some records this year. With that... I think these are realistic numbers for our skill positions on offense.

    Russell Wilson - 350 for 550 - 3500 yards - 30-35 TDs - 7 Ints

    Marshawn Lynch - 250 carries - 1200+ yards - 12 TDs
    Robert Turbin - 120 carries - 500 yards - 6 TDs
    Russell Wilson - 60 carries - 350 yards - 2 TDs
    other team rushing - 50 carries - 300 yards - 4 TDs

    Sidney Rice - 70 receptions - 800 yards - 5 TDs
    Percy Harvin - 70 receptions - 1000 yards - 8 TDs
    Golden Tate - 60 receptions - 750 yards - 6 TDs
    Zach Miller - 60 receptions - 600 yards - 5 TDs
    Backs - 50 receptions - 400 yards - 5 TDs
    Other Receivers and Tight Ends - 40 Receptions - 400 yards - 4 TDs

    If our offense can come close to hitting these bench marks without our defense dropping off from last year, we're winning a Super Bowl and San Fran can eat it.


    I don't see Wilson throwing the ball that much (That's 35 attempts a game)I bet Tate, Miller and Rice are all around 50 catches.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1154
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


  • WestcoastSteve wrote:
    firebee wrote:Our offensive line should be much improved over last year with everybody returning, which should produce more opportunities for our offense with sustained drives and converted downs. Our defense looks like it may be even more disruptive than it was last year. This defense may actually break some records this year. With that... I think these are realistic numbers for our skill positions on offense.

    Russell Wilson - 350 for 550 - 3500 yards - 30-35 TDs - 7 Ints

    Marshawn Lynch - 250 carries - 1200+ yards - 12 TDs
    Robert Turbin - 120 carries - 500 yards - 6 TDs
    Russell Wilson - 60 carries - 350 yards - 2 TDs
    other team rushing - 50 carries - 300 yards - 4 TDs

    Sidney Rice - 70 receptions - 800 yards - 5 TDs
    Percy Harvin - 70 receptions - 1000 yards - 8 TDs
    Golden Tate - 60 receptions - 750 yards - 6 TDs
    Zach Miller - 60 receptions - 600 yards - 5 TDs
    Backs - 50 receptions - 400 yards - 5 TDs
    Other Receivers and Tight Ends - 40 Receptions - 400 yards - 4 TDs

    If our offense can come close to hitting these bench marks without our defense dropping off from last year, we're winning a Super Bowl and San Fran can eat it.


    I don't see Wilson throwing the ball that much (That's 35 attempts a game)I bet Tate, Miller and Rice are all around 50 catches.


    480 rushes with 550 passes is what a good offense produces... I don't expect us to rely on the run 500+ times like we we did last year, but I do expect us to run the ball a lot. 480 rushes is still a lot of rushing attempts for an offense. 30 times a game. I expect us to run the ball extremely well when we do run, but I don't think Wilson is going to have the leash on him like he did for much of last year either. I also expect our offensive line to be much more effective at sustaining drives, converting downs; which will lead to more snaps. The other big factor I'm thinking about is the turnover ratio. I think all of us are expecting a better turnover ratio this year. I fully expect Wilson's interceptions to be a single digit number. I fully expect Wilson to be a 65% passer. All of these things considered, I think 350-550 - 3500 yards - 30-35 TDs and 6-8 interceptions is a realistic goal for Wilson. More experience and more opportunities with better weapons, a better offensive line and a better defense are going to make Wilson produce a lot better numbers this year. 480 attempts is still going to make us a top 5 rushing offense if our backs keep averaging 5 yards a carry. These are all realistic goals for our offense.
    firebee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1229
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:43 pm
    Location: Florence, Oregon


  • It will be interesting to see how he recovers from the foot injury in the last game of the year. His recovery has not been reported on at all. With all the other weapons and our run focus, I'd guess 40-50 catches max, with a ton of great blocks
    User avatar
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2402
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am


  • I'm with the majority it seems in thinking he'll be around a 50 reception player. I do think he'll be a bigger factor in the red zone and would love to see him pull in around 8 TD's.
    HolyEffinMoses
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 27
    Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:33 pm


  • Harvin's going to take some of his touches.

    I'd go 40-45 rec, 650-700 yards and 6-8 TD's. Rice and Harvin will open things up over the middle for Zach, giving him room to rumble. I see good YAC out of him, that's why the higher yardage and fewer receptions.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3588
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


  • I like Miller but I don't see him doing enough to earn his 11-12m dollar salary this year, that's for sure.

    Nothing against him I think he'll be solid like he was last year, and it's not necessarily his fault the way his contract is structured but there are too many other parts of the offense to get the ball too for him to get the stats to support being the highest paid TE In the league in '13.
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2702
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


  • Miller isn't making 11m this year, unless I'm mistaken.

    Most of our salary cap pundits on this site said his salary really dropped off this year, making it easier to extend Kam, etc.

    I want to say 3.5 - 4m from what I remember reading here.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3588
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


  • Hawks46 wrote:Miller isn't making 11m this year, unless I'm mistaken.

    Most of our salary cap pundits on this site said his salary really dropped off this year, making it easier to extend Kam, etc.

    I want to say 3.5 - 4m from what I remember reading here.



    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... ch-miller/
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2702
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


  • Hawknballs wrote:
    Hawks46 wrote:Miller isn't making 11m this year, unless I'm mistaken.

    Most of our salary cap pundits on this site said his salary really dropped off this year, making it easier to extend Kam, etc.

    I want to say 3.5 - 4m from what I remember reading here.



    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... ch-miller/
    If I am reading that right this year is the big hit in the contract so it's senseless to cut him or restructure at this point isn't it?
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7226
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:
    Hawks46 wrote:Miller isn't making 11m this year, unless I'm mistaken.

    Most of our salary cap pundits on this site said his salary really dropped off this year, making it easier to extend Kam, etc.

    I want to say 3.5 - 4m from what I remember reading here.



    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... ch-miller/
    If I am reading that right this year is the big hit in the contract so it's senseless to cut him or restructure at this point isn't it?


    This year is when he's going to earn the rest of his guaranteed money, after that they can restructure/cut him; there would still be cap hits but not as bad.
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2702
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


  • I see. Well that's good then because we can afford and if Miller wants to play for the Seahawks after this year he'll have to accept a restructure in all likelyhood.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7226
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


  • I am thinking 55 receptions for 625 yards and 5 TD's.
    Image
    User avatar
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1877
    Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:27 pm
    Location: Bay Area, CA




It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:57 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information