NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msfann

Reaction score
Maybe I'm not reading this right but wouldn't that backup offer leave the Maloofs in control of the team and the Seattle group as minority owners? Don't we want the Seattle group to be the majority owners? or is this just about trying to get the sac group basically out of the picture?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Msfann":3s0wy7yv said:
Maybe I'm not reading this right but wouldn't that backup offer leave the Maloofs in control of the team and the Seattle group as minority owners? Don't we want the Seattle group to be the majority owners? or is this just about trying to get the sac group basically out of the picture?
I see it as more of a middle finger to the NBA and Stern. The Maloofs are pretty much telling them that they will sell ONLY to the Seattle group!

Hell yes!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":38v5d1n7 said:
Throwdown":38v5d1n7 said:
115 MILLION FOR RELOCATION?!?!

How close are our boys to the B-Line?

401M for the 65%
15M for the 7%
115M for relo

That is 531M overall so far just to buy the team and move it to Seattle.

I like that to convince the other owners to ignore that moron David Stern, they are offering a bribe of 4M apiece.

Plus $80 Million in land purchases and the payment for studies during the whole arena approval process, they gotta be at $700-$800 Million mark, and they still got loot left over! The NBA was ready to turn these guys away???

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Msfann":eguifd36 said:

The Maloofs would just move the team to Seattle themselves, then sell the rest of the shares to hansen/ballmer

Throwdown

Reaction score
i'm still trippin off that..

ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN MILL-EE-OWN!!! FOR RELOCATION!!!

Bennett only paid $30m!!

RealDeal

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3dnm82dn said:
NEW VOTE:

Do you want 4 million dollars, or no?

Hmmmm no no I would rather pay millions sorry. Thanks for the offer. :sarcasm_off:
:snack: just waiting for KJ to say he is still confident with his big smille. :141847_bnono: this is game over.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
This is truly incredible. I've never seen anything like it. This ownership group is so committed it is a little awe-inspiring. 115 million dollar relocation fee, paying into revenue sharing, upping the offer to buy the team, on top of the money they've already paid out.

I dislike the NBA but love the Sonics, and it gets me excited thinking about having these owners running our team.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Fuzzman55":357lbsio said:
This is truly incredible. I've never seen anything like it. This ownership group is so committed it is a little awe-inspiring. 115 million dollar relocation fee, paying into revenue sharing, upping the offer to buy the team, on top of the money they've already paid out.

I dislike the NBA but love the Sonics, and it gets me excited thinking about having these owners running our team.

It was just 5-6 years ago that Seattle was the worst city for sports. Not so much now.

RealDeal

Reaction score
I said it before and I will say it again the seattle group needs to rais the 12th man flag Sunday night football vs 49ers

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2qef0xwe said:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 3m
I can now confirm, according to a high level source, that the Hansen/Ballmer team had agreed to pay NBA $126 MILLION to relocate #NBAKings

Um....ah.......yeah............thats a lot of dough.

JOz56

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":39x3y20a said:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 3m
I can now confirm, according to a high level source, that the Hansen/Ballmer team had agreed to pay NBA $126 MILLION to relocate #NBAKings

So, um 126M. That's an extra...let me do my math...380K per owner.

I will be thoroughly disappointed if these men ever buy another beer in Seattle again. I for one intend on making it over to a couple of games this year and celebrate via drinks. They have reached iconic levels. Even more so

Throwdown

Reaction score
Billion dollar question now is..

Is Sacramento worth using the Best Interest clause/takeover for the NBA?

Does the NBA really want to set THAT precedent for a city like Sacramento?

RealDeal

Reaction score
Throwdown":3todvj8r said:

Nope. They have a good group willing to buy them and or invest in the team. In my eys this has to be game over.

Throwdown

Reaction score
RealDeal":33pt9w7g said:
Throwdown":33pt9w7g said:

Nope. They have a good group willing to buy them and or invest in the team. In my eys this has to be game over.

I still have my blitzer goggles on right now, we ARE dealing with Stern. He seems hell bent on keeping Sacramento.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":4eck3q9a said:
RealDeal":4eck3q9a said:
Throwdown":4eck3q9a said:

I still have my blitzer goggles on right now, we ARE dealing with Stern. He seems hell bent on keeping Sacramento.

My Stern goggles will never come off......... :141847_bnono:

Status
Not open for further replies.