NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 3:57 pm
  • i'm still trippin off that..

    ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN MILL-EE-OWN!!! FOR RELOCATION!!!

    Bennett only paid $30m!!
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19074
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 3:58 pm
  • NEW VOTE:

    Do you want 4 million dollars, or no?
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 869
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 4:15 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:NEW VOTE:

    Do you want 4 million dollars, or no?


    Hmmmm no no I would rather pay millions sorry. Thanks for the offer. :sarcasm_off:
    :snack: just waiting for KJ to say he is still confident with his big smille. :141847_bnono: this is game over.
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 4:20 pm
  • I could use a few bucks right now.
    dumbrabbit
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 108
    Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:52 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 4:23 pm
  • This is truly incredible. I've never seen anything like it. This ownership group is so committed it is a little awe-inspiring. 115 million dollar relocation fee, paying into revenue sharing, upping the offer to buy the team, on top of the money they've already paid out.

    I dislike the NBA but love the Sonics, and it gets me excited thinking about having these owners running our team.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

    Jack Dempsey
    User avatar
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1572
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:10 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 4:28 pm
  • Fuzzman55 wrote:This is truly incredible. I've never seen anything like it. This ownership group is so committed it is a little awe-inspiring. 115 million dollar relocation fee, paying into revenue sharing, upping the offer to buy the team, on top of the money they've already paid out.

    I dislike the NBA but love the Sonics, and it gets me excited thinking about having these owners running our team.


    It was just 5-6 years ago that Seattle was the worst city for sports. Not so much now.
    dumbrabbit
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 108
    Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:52 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 4:41 pm
  • I said it before and I will say it again the seattle group needs to rais the 12th man flag Sunday night football vs 49ers
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 4:43 pm
  • Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 3m
    I can now confirm, according to a high level source, that the Hansen/Ballmer team had agreed to pay NBA $126 MILLION to relocate #NBAKings


    So, um 126M. That's an extra...let me do my math...380K per owner.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3624
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 4:47 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 3m
    I can now confirm, according to a high level source, that the Hansen/Ballmer team had agreed to pay NBA $126 MILLION to relocate #NBAKings


    Um....ah.......yeah............thats a lot of dough.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 10950
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 4:48 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 3m
    I can now confirm, according to a high level source, that the Hansen/Ballmer team had agreed to pay NBA $126 MILLION to relocate #NBAKings


    So, um 126M. That's an extra...let me do my math...380K per owner.


    I will be thoroughly disappointed if these men ever buy another beer in Seattle again. I for one intend on making it over to a couple of games this year and celebrate via drinks. They have reached iconic levels. Even more so
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    User avatar
    JOz56
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 746
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am
    Location: Spokane WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:00 pm
  • Billion dollar question now is..

    Is Sacramento worth using the Best Interest clause/takeover for the NBA?

    Does the NBA really want to set THAT precedent for a city like Sacramento?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19074
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:03 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Billion dollar question now is..

    Is Sacramento worth using the Best Interest clause/takeover for the NBA?

    Does the NBA really want to set THAT precedent for a city like Sacramento?


    Nope. They have a good group willing to buy them and or invest in the team. In my eys this has to be game over.
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:04 pm
  • RealDeal wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Billion dollar question now is..

    Is Sacramento worth using the Best Interest clause/takeover for the NBA?

    Does the NBA really want to set THAT precedent for a city like Sacramento?


    Nope. They have a good group willing to buy them and or invest in the team. In my eys this has to be game over.


    I still have my blitzer goggles on right now, we ARE dealing with Stern. He seems hell bent on keeping Sacramento.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19074
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:06 pm
  • It would not hold up in court, so if Stern wants to drag the owners through the mud and flat-out embarrass himself, he can sure try.

    He should just roll over on this and figure out how to save face.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    User avatar
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3624
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:08 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    RealDeal wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Billion dollar question now is..

    Is Sacramento worth using the Best Interest clause/takeover for the NBA?

    Does the NBA really want to set THAT precedent for a city like Sacramento?


    Nope. They have a good group willing to buy them and or invest in the team. In my eys this has to be game over.


    I still have my blitzer goggles on right now, we ARE dealing with Stern. He seems hell bent on keeping Sacramento.


    My Stern goggles will never come off......... :141847_bnono:
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 10950
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:09 pm
  • Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 14m
    Maloofs won’t sell Kings to Sacramento group? NBA cannot force a sale—unless NBA wants to test its Bests Interests power. Likely in court.


    I must be a genius today...

    Still dont want to say "checkmate", Someone else wanna say it for me??
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19074
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:12 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 14m
    Maloofs won’t sell Kings to Sacramento group? NBA cannot force a sale—unless NBA wants to test its Bests Interests power. Likely in court.


    I must be a genius today...

    Still dont want to say "checkmate", Someone else wanna say it for me??


    CheckMate! :th2thumbs:
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:20 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    RealDeal wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Billion dollar question now is..

    Is Sacramento worth using the Best Interest clause/takeover for the NBA?

    Does the NBA really want to set THAT precedent for a city like Sacramento?


    Nope. They have a good group willing to buy them and or invest in the team. In my eys this has to be game over.


    I still have my blitzer goggles on right now, we ARE dealing with Stern. He seems hell bent on keeping Sacramento.


    What is he going to do though, when the BoG meets and a few of them step up and say, "can i sell him my team"?
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3779
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:21 pm
  • That's great news. Glad Maloofs are seeing through all of this. I'm going to have to stay at the Palms casino next time I go to Vegas.

    I do have some questions, the leader of the potential Sacramento buyers is Vivek Ranadive. I believe he has part-ownership in the Warriors. Doesn't he have to sell his ownership before he can buy the Kings? An owner cannot have share in two teams right? So in a way, isn't this sort of collusion (in NBA terms) that the lead buyer is already owner? I think part of the problem is that maybe the owners are favoring Sac group because the lead buyer is already one of their own.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3522
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:24 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:That's great news. Glad Maloofs are seeing through all of this. I'm going to have to stay at the Palms casino next time I go to Vegas.

    I do have some questions, the leader of the potential Sacramento buyers is Vivek Ranadive. I believe he has part-ownership in the Warriors. Doesn't he have to sell his ownership before he can buy the Kings? An owner cannot have share in two teams right? So in a way, isn't this sort of collusion (in NBA terms) that the lead buyer is already owner? I think part of the problem is that maybe the owners are favoring Sac group because the lead buyer is already one of their own.


    Im going in 3 weeks. I need stop in there and get a few drinks. Make sure to wear some sonics gear.
    :thirishdrinkers:
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:47 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 14m
    Maloofs won’t sell Kings to Sacramento group? NBA cannot force a sale—unless NBA wants to test its Bests Interests power. Likely in court.


    I must be a genius today...

    Still dont want to say "checkmate", Someone else wanna say it for me??


    I was wondering about a "Best Interest" takeover by the NBA when the story was reported about the Maloofs "backup" offer. The NBA owned the New Orleans Hornets for awhile until Benson and not sure what happened in Charlotte. I could see Stern and company trying this end run. This has been one long drawn out ugly situation.

    The amount of money Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstorm are putting into this transaction to make it happen is mind-blowing. I wonder at what point does it no longer make economical sense to pursue the deal? The relocation payment, the twice updated valuation for the club, the pay into sharing only. I would think there is no way they can do without the NBA TV money, so that has to be a non-negotiable issue. Wonder how much this upfront money and givebacks affects their profit margin?

    Would love to see a chart that showed the point of projected losses. These guys are close to $1B being spent or vacated to make this deal. Crazy.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9166
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 5:58 pm
  • drdiags wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:
    Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 14m
    Maloofs won’t sell Kings to Sacramento group? NBA cannot force a sale—unless NBA wants to test its Bests Interests power. Likely in court.


    I must be a genius today...

    Still dont want to say "checkmate", Someone else wanna say it for me??


    I was wondering about a "Best Interest" takeover by the NBA when the story was reported about the Maloofs "backup" offer. The NBA owned the New Orleans Hornets for awhile until Benson and not sure what happened in Charlotte. I could see Stern and company trying this end run. This has been one long drawn out ugly situation.

    The amount of money Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstorm are putting into this transaction to make it happen is mind-blowing. I wonder at what point does it no longer make economical sense to pursue the deal? The relocation payment, the twice updated valuation for the club, the pay into sharing only. I would think there is no way they can do without the NBA TV money, so that has to be a non-negotiable issue. Wonder how much this upfront money and givebacks affects their profit margin?

    Would love to see a chart that showed the point of projected losses. These guys are close to $1B being spent or vacated to make this deal. Crazy.


    Tack on a boat load of cash to land this guy and it gets even more crazy...

    http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/05/p ... to-seattle

    They're not taking no for an answer. Seems clear that they've made this decision.
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3779
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 6:00 pm
  • I believe what happened with the Hornets is what I assum you're talking about is that the former owner had fallen sick, had sold it to some oil guy but the deal fell through. The Hornets former owner couldn't find another local buyer afterwards and the NBA stepped in and bought the team off him and eventually found a local buyer in Tom Benson who also owns the Saints.

    I believe a takeover would be a forced buyout of the Maloofs who would most likely take it to court and it would be a long drawn out process while the team continued to lose money in a far far worse shape arena that's getting worse by the day. Not to mention a small market, is it really worth setting that precedent for THIS team? And it might not even hold up.

    We'll see though I'm not the smartest guy around lol
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19074
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 6:34 pm
  • Chris to NBA:

    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3779
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 7:30 pm
  • I still think we're sunk. The NBA has displayed time and again that it's crooked, and IMO the fix is in on this one. Stern is determined to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and so they will stay in Sacramento. I don't think it matters how much money is offered.

    I could be wrong, of course. Maybe I'm just cynical at this point.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2105
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 7:37 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:I still think we're sunk. The NBA has displayed time and again that it's crooked, and IMO the fix is in on this one. Stern is determined to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and so they will stay in Sacramento. I don't think it matters how much money is offered.

    I could be wrong, of course. Maybe I'm just cynical at this point.



    No you're 100% correct. We are not getting this team, we could offer 1 billion dollars and they wouldn't do it. Stern is a smug vindictive pr*** and once he makes up his mind it's over.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 869
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 7:40 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:I still think we're sunk. The NBA has displayed time and again that it's crooked, and IMO the fix is in on this one. Stern is determined to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and so they will stay in Sacramento. I don't think it matters how much money is offered.

    I could be wrong, of course. Maybe I'm just cynical at this point.


    The NBA screwed themselves by approving Hansen for the 7% of the Kings that was in Bankruptcy court. They turn us down at all, they are both opening themselves up to lawsuits and keeping the Maloofs around. So I welcome them turning us down, just means things will get messy.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    User avatar
    JOz56
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 746
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am
    Location: Spokane WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 7:45 pm
  • One way or another I still see Stern doing something to keep the Kings in Sacramento. I hate that man.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 10950
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 7:52 pm
  • I really wouldn't put it past him to try a best interest takeover
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19074
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 7:53 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:One way or another I still see Stern doing something to keep the Kings in Sacramento. I hate that man.


    I see it too. But on another hand I also see the BOG growing some stones/a brain and telling Stern that they're not going to turn away 126 mil worth of relocation money AND their own teams net worth growing exponentially, just for sentimentality. Plus, the law and all.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    User avatar
    JOz56
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 746
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am
    Location: Spokane WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 7:54 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I really wouldn't put it past him to try a best interest takeover


    Which, hey, lawsuits.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    User avatar
    JOz56
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 746
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am
    Location: Spokane WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:19 pm

Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:27 pm
  • Son they shook! Cuz there ain't no such things as half way crooks!
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19074
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:34 pm
  • JOz56 wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:I still think we're sunk. The NBA has displayed time and again that it's crooked, and IMO the fix is in on this one. Stern is determined to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and so they will stay in Sacramento. I don't think it matters how much money is offered.

    I could be wrong, of course. Maybe I'm just cynical at this point.


    The NBA screwed themselves by approving Hansen for the 7% of the Kings that was in Bankruptcy court. They turn us down at all, they are both opening themselves up to lawsuits and keeping the Maloofs around. So I welcome them turning us down, just means things will get messy.


    Just to clarify, a court approved the sale of the 7% to Hansen, I don't think the NBA has approved it yet.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2230
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:40 pm
  • Nope, they have to approve that too.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19074
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:42 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?bctid=2374935577001

    Sacramento local news...


    That news station really needs to work on their building acoustics.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2230
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:45 pm
  • As an unbiased outsider to the situation i'm putting the odds at 66% they're playing in Seattle next season, 34% they're playing in Sacramento (this with no lawsuits filed and no major drama).

    It feels like David Stern vs Common Sense and what's best for the league, and I think the in the end things go Seattle's way and David Stern can tell the people of Sacramento, "I tried my best." Then Seattle will get a team and be happy, and Sacramento will feel like they did everything they could do but it just wasn't enough. The rest of the owners can be happy cuz they milked as much as possible from the Seattle ownerships group. David STern is playing the role of Villain in Seattle but I think behind the scenes he knows its going to happen and he's trying to make backlash in Sacramento as little as possible. He's trying to make the Maloofs the "bad guy" rather then the NBA in efforts to keep the market once the Kings are gone.

    Of course, that's all just my opinion and could be completely wrong.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18527
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:56 pm
  • Thanks for your take J, it's good to hear from someone who isn't plugged into this situation 24-7 like we are. I tend to agree. I think today's events put a choice in front of the NBA, go with Stern's push and get a Maloof owned Sac Kings next year, or go with a wealthy group in Seattle that will make you a ton of money. Stern only has so much pull, and today it's been made clear that the group Stern put together won't ever get a hold of that team.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2835
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:57 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:
    JOz56 wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:I still think we're sunk. The NBA has displayed time and again that it's crooked, and IMO the fix is in on this one. Stern is determined to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and so they will stay in Sacramento. I don't think it matters how much money is offered.

    I could be wrong, of course. Maybe I'm just cynical at this point.


    The NBA screwed themselves by approving Hansen for the 7% of the Kings that was in Bankruptcy court. They turn us down at all, they are both opening themselves up to lawsuits and keeping the Maloofs around. So I welcome them turning us down, just means things will get messy.


    Just to clarify, a court approved the sale of the 7% to Hansen, I don't think the NBA has approved it yet.


    I'm sure the courts would love for the NBA to explain why they denied the only bidder.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    User avatar
    JOz56
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 746
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am
    Location: Spokane WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 8:58 pm
  • JOz56 wrote:I'm sure the courts would love for the NBA to explain why they denied the only bidder.


    I know I would!
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19074
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 9:03 pm
  • Seattle- increasing their record breaking offer left and right, promising to pay into the league year after year, and having the current ownership committed to them to the point of holding onto the team with this group as a minority owner.

    Sacramento- STILL soliciting new bidders to join their group to maybe match the initial Seattle offer, refusal of owners to deal with them, sacrificing revenue sharing in a market that can't live without it.

    World class city vs. podunk town, back where we started.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2835
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 9:10 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:As an unbiased outsider to the situation i'm putting the odds at 66% they're playing in Seattle next season, 34% they're playing in Sacramento (this with no lawsuits filed and no major drama).

    It feels like David Stern vs Common Sense and what's best for the league, and I think the in the end things go Seattle's way and David Stern can tell the people of Sacramento, "I tried my best." Then Seattle will get a team and be happy, and Sacramento will feel like they did everything they could do but it just wasn't enough. The rest of the owners can be happy cuz they milked as much as possible from the Seattle ownerships group. David STern is playing the role of Villain in Seattle but I think behind the scenes he knows its going to happen and he's trying to make backlash in Sacramento as little as possible. He's trying to make the Maloofs the "bad guy" rather then the NBA in efforts to keep the market once the Kings are gone.

    Of course, that's all just my opinion and could be completely wrong.


    Thanks for sharing your opinion, JSeahawks. It's nice to have one from someone who is not as wrapped up in it as most of us. I've also been thinking that all of what Stern has been doing for Sacramento's offer and arena plan may just be a front to diminish their anger towards the NBA. Since the NBA really didn't try to help Seattle at all to keep the Sonics, we are much more mad at the NBA for the loss of our team than I think the Kings fans would be at this point. All the 'blame' for the Kings moving seems to be shifting further and further to the Maloofs and HBNW. I imagine this leaves Sacramento more accepting of an NBA return later down the road.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2230
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 9:15 pm
  • Since we always refer to Hansen-Ballmer-Nordstroms-Walker as HBNW, I'd be really interesting in seeing the abbreviation of all the Sac group members' names. I imagine it would be something along the lines of: RDSIOUROIJNLKNASDJFIOWEURJSDKFJIOAWJRIEJSDFMLKGMMKLASNEMRKLJASDFIJUSDFHJKLASDGNWENMR
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2230
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 9:27 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:Since we always refer to Hansen-Ballmer-Nordstroms-Walker as HBNW, I'd be really interesting in seeing the abbreviation of all the Sac group members' names. I imagine it would be something along the lines of: RDSIOUROIJNLKNASDJFIOWEURJSDKFJIOAWJRIEJSDFMLKGMMKLASNEMRKLJASDFIJUSDFHJKLASDGNWENMR


    Love it
    :th2thumbs:
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 9:30 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:
    JOz56 wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:I still think we're sunk. The NBA has displayed time and again that it's crooked, and IMO the fix is in on this one. Stern is determined to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and so they will stay in Sacramento. I don't think it matters how much money is offered.

    I could be wrong, of course. Maybe I'm just cynical at this point.


    The NBA screwed themselves by approving Hansen for the 7% of the Kings that was in Bankruptcy court. They turn us down at all, they are both opening themselves up to lawsuits and keeping the Maloofs around. So I welcome them turning us down, just means things will get messy.


    Just to clarify, a court approved the sale of the 7% to Hansen, I don't think the NBA has approved it yet.


    It was a while ago but if I recall the NBA preapproved the 7% to be sold to our group. They were the only ones that went thru the waiting period to get approved.
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 9:40 pm
  • The NBA approved them to bid on it.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19074
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 10:08 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:Since we always refer to Hansen-Ballmer-Nordstroms-Walker as HBNW, I'd be really interesting in seeing the abbreviation of all the Sac group members' names. I imagine it would be something along the lines of: RDSIOUROIJNLKNASDJFIOWEURJSDKFJIOAWJRIEJSDFMLKGMMKLASNEMRKLJASDFIJUSDFHJKLASDGNWENMR


    Nope. The Sac group is referred to as: KJANDWHODAFUQKANLENDMEMONEYTOPAYFORMYSHIZNIT?
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18439
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 10:26 pm
  • The only good way to spin David Stern to Seattle fans at this point is, as J aluded to, that he can tell Sac "Hey, I tried my best but it's to the point where I can't do any more" and actually MEAN IT this time around.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8693
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 10:54 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:The only good way to spin David Stern to Seattle fans at this point is, as J aluded to, that he can tell Sac "Hey, I tried my best but it's to the point where I can't do any more" and actually MEAN IT this time around.


    That would be an interesting switch from his current position, which is "Hey Seattle, I tried my best but Sac's promise to come up with most of the money someday is simply better than your offer of all the money plus $75M on the table right now."
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18439
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat May 11, 2013 11:41 pm
  • Point taken Sailor! If I'm a betting man, and I am, this is still in the "game of chicken" mode and I think the NBA BOG will reject HBN yet again and this ends with a lawsuit filed and eventually a settlement in which Seattle gets a team!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11220
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


PreviousNext


It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests