NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1d7mltna said:
Hey pink, do you know Speedcat from SR?
Not personally, but I've gone back and forth with him on SR a little bit here and there and am very familiar with him.

Tundra

Reaction score
When are we ever going to see something like this again, let alone to a team we are invested in as fans? This assembled group is amazing and Hansen is a GOD! ( not the GOD, but A GOD!)

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Pete Carroll ‏@PeteCarroll 2h
We see you Chris Hansen! Competing like crazy for the fans in Seattle! #AlwaysCompete #Sonics

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2dul067n said:
TheRealDTM":2dul067n said:
Lords of Scythia":2dul067n said:
Ken Behring did the same thing to the Seahawks - moved them to LA where that slimey puke made his money as a used-car salesman - and was getting away with it when Paul Allen stepped in and bought the team and got CenturyLink Field built. Thank you, Paul. :)

you realize your blaming this ken behring fellow for being chris hansen, right?
I'm not saying you're wrong, but that makes me kind of sick and you are sort of wrong. The Kings have been all over the place and they weren't being supported and nobody was going to the games and Sac can't afforde the kind of arena NBA teams need to generate revenue profits and the Kings are always going to be a league charity case - the Seahawks have always been a beloved Seattle icon. I have childhood memories of going to meeting Hawks players and going to games from their first year.

I dunno, I remember going to a lot of games in the 90's where the stadium was 1/3 empty, 1/3 Raider fans and 1/3 Seahawk fans.

Throwdown

Reaction score
If thats true... Hansen might've won it today just by saying he'd pay into the revenue sharing even while playing in Key Arena risking losing money, and since (Bucher confirmed Mitch Levy's tweets) the Sacramento group is still looking for another person to join in. Drivers seat? what drivers seat? I don't see a damn car!

and Pete Carroll is offically my favorite Seattle coach of all time, and now George Karl is 2nd.

Laloosh

Reaction score

Blitzer88

Reaction score
"On the other hand, Hansen’s first increase in the bid price, $25 million, was “not recognized” at the Board of Governors meeting April 19, according to the same source, ostensibly because it wasn’t part of the original purchase and sale agreement signed with the Maloofs in January. Whether that was a procedural matter or a genuine disqualification isn’t known, but the tactic could provide a workaround for the anti-Hansen crowd."

This worries me, if they didn't acknowledge the first increase, would they acknowledge this one?

JOz56

Reaction score
Blitzer88":16cfy4j7 said:
"On the other hand, Hansen’s first increase in the bid price, $25 million, was “not recognized” at the Board of Governors meeting April 19, according to the same source, ostensibly because it wasn’t part of the original purchase and sale agreement signed with the Maloofs in January. Whether that was a procedural matter or a genuine disqualification isn’t known, but the tactic could provide a workaround for the anti-Hansen crowd."

This worries me, if they didn't acknowledge the first increase, would they acknowledge this one?

I believe this was more of a way to keep the Maloofs in line than anything (of course, it also bumps other franchises up a bit).

More than anything, Hansen and co. are setting up themselves for a lawsuit, just incase the NBA makes the stupid decision to turn them down. And don't give me that "they signed a contract promising not to sue" crap, that will never hold up in court.

I think the sweetener for the other owners is Hansen and Co promising to put into the the revenue sharing, rather than not to take from it. Also, reports are coming out that the relocation vote was actually 4-3, but they were told to change their vote in showing they were unanimous.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Throwdown":3pm4i4x8 said:
If thats true... Hansen might've won it today just by saying he'd pay into the revenue sharing even while playing in Key Arena risking losing money, and since (Bucher confirmed Mitch Levy's tweets) the Sacramento group is still looking for another person to join in. Drivers seat? what drivers seat? I don't see a damn car!

and Pete Carroll is offically my favorite Seattle coach of all time, and now George Karl is 2nd.
George Karl lost me with his pro-Sacramento comments last week. He would've been better off saying nothing than what he said.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
pinksheets":va2104pf said:
Lords of Scythia":va2104pf said:
Not personally, but I've gone back and forth with him on SR a little bit here and there and am very familiar with him.
I play music with the guy.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
TundraApe":20n4pqzc said:
When are we ever going to see something like this again, let alone to a team we are invested in as fans? This assembled group is amazing and Hansen is a GOD! ( not the GOD, but A GOD!)
THE

drdiags

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1nkd1860 said:

Maybe they don't but the real question is whether this entices the Maloofs to see this through the vote for the ownership sale? The BOG can say what they want, but their accountants would have to show me some serious number crunching to convince me accepting a backup bid $100M less in valuation makes sense. I sit it out. The owners could reject the sale but the Sac Group isn't going to withdraw the backup bid at this point.

I wouldn't doubt that the owners will follow Stern's lead and reject the sale. This is a game of chicken and the NBA is so far in bed with the local group, reversing their field doesn't seem like an option they will take. Now what happens after the sale is denied between the Seattle group and the NBA is another story. I am not sure if HBN takes the NBA to court or not. I would. Is the increase being used to setup a case down the road? Would love to be part of the internal discussions Hansen and Ballmer are having.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":3rbawhkm said:
pinksheets":3rbawhkm said:
Lords of Scythia":3rbawhkm said:
I play music with the guy.
He seems like a good guy. I love the staff over at SonicsRising. Tough job, tough climate.

amill87

Reaction score
I'm not a huge NBA fan but I'm excited for the city to get a team back but it leads me to this...

Is there any way the NBA can walk away from this now and not severely damage their reputation? Not to mention it would have anti-trust written all over it with the NBA telling the Maloof's who they have to sell to

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They could save face by letting the Kings morph into the Sonics or grant them an immediate expansion team starting play in the 13-14 season!

chris98251

Reaction score
This is Hansen daring the NBA to say no, if that vote is true then collution is also involved to manipulate the fair market and competitive practices of the business. Telling people to change a vote is really bad business, to do it to make something look other then it was in the public eye is also manipulation. I wonder if Hansen and the rest of the group knew the real vote or not.

NoChops

Reaction score
I get out of work before lunch on Wed. Thinking I just might try and find were the BOG meeting is. Get some green and gold down there!

Status
Not open for further replies.