NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hey, I want to start the movement for a "thank you chris" flag/banner on top the space needle, whos with me?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Throwdown":3jvcfqig said:
Hey, I want to start the movement for a "thank you chris" flag/banner on top the space needle, whos with me?

Let's see how it plays out first. He might have to run the team in Sac for a while, dude. That banner might not make him look all that great as the new owner of the Sacramento Kings.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Even if his bid for ownership fails he deserves that gesture. Plus, if he owns the Kings in Sac, I'm pretty sure everyone knows the writings on the wall there.

RealDeal

Reaction score
Throwdown":nksvtqkp said:

I am with you. I want him to rais the 12th man flag sunday night against the 49ers. :49ersmall:
:thirishdrinkers:

CANHawk

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":sdsnijvv said:
Throwdown":sdsnijvv said:

Let's see how it plays out first. He might have to run the team in Sac for a while, dude. That banner might not make him look all that great as the new owner of the Sacramento Kings.

Yeah... they also told Clay Bennett and Michael Heisley that they couldn't move the Sonics and the Grizzlies from Seattle and Vancouver as well. How did those movies end again...?

Laloosh

Reaction score
CANHawk":gwpv8ak1 said:
E.C. Laloosh":gwpv8ak1 said:
Throwdown":gwpv8ak1 said:

Yeah... they also told Clay Bennett and Michael Heisley that they couldn't move the Sonics and the Grizzlies from Seattle and Vancouver as well. How did those movies end again...?

Honestly, if he has to "operate" the team in Sacramento for at least 1 season you're telling me that we should be flying a Chris Hansen banner up here, while they still reside (and no relo has been approved) in Sac?

I never said he wouldn't EVER get to relocate the team. I think it's retarded to fly a banner while they're down there and no relo has been approved. it's just stupid.

If he fails, fly the banner. If relo is approved, fly the banner. If he operates it for a year and then relo is approved, fly the freaking banner...

CANHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":wxtk7yiu said:
E.C. Laloosh":wxtk7yiu said:
Throwdown":wxtk7yiu said:

E.C. Laloosh":wxtk7yiu said:
Honestly, if he has to "operate" the team in Sacramento for at least 1 season you're telling me that we should be flying a Chris Hansen banner up here, while they still reside (and no relo has been approved) in Sac?

I never said he wouldn't EVER get to relocate the team. I think it's retarded to fly a banner while they're down there and no relo has been approved. it's just stupid.

If he fails, fly the banner. If relo is approved, fly the banner. If he operates it for a year and then relo is approved, fly the freaking banner...

of course. You don't hang the banner until after you win the championship. This is only like the second round of the playoffs right now. Finish the job first guys...

Throwdown

Reaction score
Naw he needs a flag on the space needle for all he's done for us, win lose or draw.

Just my opinion.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
If he owns the team, he wouldn't have to stay in Sacramento. He could just move the team. I would love to see the NBA sue him and lose, though.

Look, if he ends up owning the team, it's over. I would hang the flag just because he (and Ballmer and everyone else) is incredibly AWESOME, but owning the team = Sonics are back. He'll just up and relocate them.

RealDeal

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":75mnr5f2 said:
If he owns the team, he wouldn't have to stay in Sacramento. He could just move the team. I would love to see the NBA sue him and lose, though.

Look, if he ends up owning the team, it's over. I would hang the flag just because he (and Ballmer and everyone else) is incredibly AWESOME, but owning the team = Sonics are back. He'll just up and relocate them.

I wish it was that easy to move a team if you own it. It still has to go to a vote.

CPHawk

Reaction score
RealDeal":gmj7h8br said:
Smelly McUgly":gmj7h8br said:

I wish it was that easy to move a team if you own it. It still has to go to a vote.

Tell that to Al Davis. He upped and moved the team without a vote, then beat the NFL in court.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
CPHawk":pogcjtli said:
RealDeal":pogcjtli said:
Smelly McUgly":pogcjtli said:

Tell that to Al Davis. He upped and moved the team without a vote, then beat the NFL in court.

So did Donald Sterling, and he ALSO beat the NBA in court.

The NFL is so scared of losing in court on these matters that they rolled over and let Georgia Frontiere move the Rams to STL when she threatened a lawsuit even though the NFL didn't really want that move to happen.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Ken Behring did the same thing to the Seahawks - moved them to LA where that slimey puke made his money as a used-car salesman - and was getting away with it when Paul Allen stepped in and bought the team and got CenturyLink Field built. Thank you, Paul. :)

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2v84qaqp said:
Ken Behring did the same thing to the Seahawks - moved them to LA where that slimey puke made his money as a used-car salesman - and was getting away with it when Paul Allen stepped in and bought the team and got CenturyLink Field built. Thank you, Paul. :)

you realize your blaming this ken behring fellow for being chris hansen, right?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3bp5mrys said:
How's this for news?

Jessamyn McIntyre ‏@JessamynESPN 2m
WOW! #Sonics RT @ChrisDaniels5: BREAKING: Chris Hansen raises bid on #NBAKings to $625 Million - up $75 million from previous offer.
Retweeted by 710 ESPN Seattle
Me likely, me likely longtime! :)

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3hbpbdvj said:
Lords of Scythia":3hbpbdvj said:

you realize your blaming this ken behring fellow for being chris hansen, right?
I'm not saying you're wrong, but that makes me kind of sick and you are sort of wrong. The Kings have been all over the place and they weren't being supported and nobody was going to the games and Sac can't afforde the kind of arena NBA teams need to generate revenue profits and the Kings are always going to be a league charity case - the Seahawks have always been a beloved Seattle icon. I have childhood memories of going to meeting Hawks players and going to games from their first year.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Stern breaking his own rules to screw over Hanson has already cost the ownership group $100,000,000. I wonder how they feel about that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.