Richard Sherman

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 2:41 am
  • He 'called out' nobody. In each case, he was responding to questions or challenges from the media or NFL fans, and gave them honest answers. Sherman was 'called out' by the players affected when they didn't like his answers. He was called out by Bayless after getting called out by Revis. I could go on, but if you want to be a critic, at least get your terminology right. He broke unwritten rules of political correctness and apparently has been reeled in by Pete and John.
    Last edited by HawKnPeppa on Fri May 10, 2013 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

    Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2731
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 3:12 am
  • Anyone remember Kelly Jennings? He was a nice guy.

    Let Sherman talk if he wants to. He backs it up on the field, and that's where it's needed.
    User avatar
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 791
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 am


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 5:55 am
  • Several peeps have said Sherman gets a pass cause he's"just a kid."

    Since when is 25 years old considered "a kid?"

    I don't have much a problem with Sherman, but lets not continue dumbing down standards for our young people by lowering the age limit for adulthood.

    And painting Sherman as a victim is hilarious, and a characterization that Sherman himself would object to.
    <A>
    <IMG></A>
    User avatar
    McGruff
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1609
    Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am
    Location: Elma, WA


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 6:43 am
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:He 'called out' nobody. In each case, he was responding to questions or challenges from the media or NFL fans, and gave them honest answers. Sherman was 'called out' by the players affected when they didn't like his answers. He was called out by Bayless after getting called out by Revis. I could go on, but if you want to be a critic, at least get your terminology right. He broke unwritten rules of political correctness and apparently has been reeled in by Pete and John.



    Who was he respobding too when he wentvto the French Quarter Super Bowl week and asked random fans who was better shutdown corner?

    When asked about WR's why not just say what a hreat WR he felt Julio was and leave it at that? Why go on a Roddy White ripping spree?

    When asked about who the best CB is why not simply state "as a competitor I think I am but there are a lot of great ones out there" and leave it that.

    I know half of you like the tired self promotion routine. To be honest with you I didn't have a problem with the post game against New England. He was emotional and said what he felt. On the flip side calling and showing up on NFL AM every other week and going on First Take proclaiming how great you are and looking somewhat delusional in the process is unnecessary.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9301
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 11:44 am
  • People just hating on Sherm.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11211
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 12:05 pm
  • McGruff wrote:Several peeps have said Sherman gets a pass cause he's"just a kid."

    Since when is 25 years old considered "a kid?"

    I don't have much a problem with Sherman, but lets not continue dumbing down standards for our young people by lowering the age limit for adulthood.

    And painting Sherman as a victim is hilarious, and a characterization that Sherman himself would object to.


    Screw that. 40 is the new 20. I don't wanna grow up. L80 is like 70 and he still hasn't grown up!
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11477
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 1:29 pm
  • Figure this fits here as well.

    Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25 37m
    Gonna ride my Jet Ski up to watch the rookies from the Lake ....


    :D
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    User avatar
    SE174
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1255
    Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 1:34 pm
  • :roll: Good god the way some of you complain about Sherman's trash talking you'd he's done some of the things that Leroy Hill or Marshawn have gotten in trouble for. So what he likes to trash talk, as long as he's not causing a REAL distraction to the team or not getting in real trouble with the law, I don't see any harm.

    Just keep backing it up Sherm :stirthepot:
    User avatar
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 562
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 1:40 pm

Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 1:42 pm
  • LOL, Sherm just rode a jet ski to VMAC to watch the rookies practice. He even snapped a picture WHILE ON THE LAKE!

    How can you not love this guy? Never change, homie.

    EDIT: Glad I'm not the only one that appreciates this.
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3958
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 1:43 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:LOL, Sherm just rode a jet ski to VMAC to watch the rookies practice. He even snapped a picture WHILE ON THE LAKE!

    How can you not love this guy? Never change, homie.

    EDIT: Glad I'm not the only one that appreciates this.


    I notice Sherman has a nice life.
    formido
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 482
    Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:41 pm
    Location: Ventura, CA


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 1:47 pm
  • I just about died laughing when I saw Sherm Tweet that pic a few minutes ago. Awesome.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26456
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 1:56 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Link to the pic SE174 didn't include:

    http://pic.twitter.com/nFsTi4P63n

    I hadn't rechecked twitter.

    Here's the pic Roland didn't embed with tags: :D

    Image
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    User avatar
    SE174
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1255
    Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 1:59 pm
  • Here's the second pic that SE174 didn't link or embed. :D

    Image
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26456
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 2:03 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Here's the second pic that SE174 didn't link or embed. :D

    Image


    Haha, was just about to post that one. Who is that? Looks like a player.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    User avatar
    SE174
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1255
    Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 2:03 pm
  • I love that friggin' dude so much. I'll cry if he ever signs with another team.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26456
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 2:32 pm
  • Hmmm,...a Dodger fan....Oh well.

    GO GIANTS!
    User avatar
    Mandu
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 308
    Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:21 pm
    Location: Vantucky, WA


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 2:52 pm
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:He 'called out' nobody. In each case, he was responding to questions or challenges from the media or NFL fans, and gave them honest answers. Sherman was 'called out' by the players affected when they didn't like his answers. He was called out by Bayless after getting called out by Revis. I could go on, but if you want to be a critic, at least get your terminology right. He broke unwritten rules of political correctness and apparently has been reeled in by Pete and John.

    Exactly! I was watching NFL Network when Charles Woodson was on the show. Willie McGinest and Woodson both chose Sherman as the best CB in the league. They both said he plays the game the way it's supposed to: with attitude and having fun while doing it. McGinest went even further and said Sherman always did things in retaliation and that he didn't really start anything.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7236
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 2:56 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:LOL, Sherm just rode a jet ski to VMAC to watch the rookies practice. He even snapped a picture WHILE ON THE LAKE!

    How can you not love this guy? Never change, homie.

    EDIT: Glad I'm not the only one that appreciates this.

    Saw it on Twitter. Love Sherman man. He's living it up and having fun. I decided pretty early his jersey would be the first one I purchase but I haven't gotten around to it yet since I was a gifted a new Beast Mode jersey
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7236
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 3:04 pm
  • Oh man, do I ever love this kid. He has never said anything wrong in my book. He plays like a beast and loves his team. I have mad respect for his charity work too. I hope he never leaves Seattle. My sister, who is a Lions fan, LOVES Sherm and his swag. She just ordered a 25 Sherman jersey. :th2thumbs:
    User avatar
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 2536
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 3:09 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:Oh man, do I ever love this kid. He has never said anything wrong in my book. He plays like a beast and loves his team. I have mad respect for his charity work too. I hope he never leaves Seattle. My sister, who is a Lions fan, LOVES Sherm and his swag. She just ordered a 25 Sherman jersey. :th2thumbs:


    That's awesome! Ordering the Sherman jersey, not being a Lions fan
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7236
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 3:14 pm
  • Sherman has always maintain he got jobbed in the draft because he didn't get the hype and thus didn't have the rep needed to go higher in the draft. I believe Sherman is determined not to let that happen again, thus all the attention getting PR work he's doing.
    User avatar
    haroldseattle
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 43
    Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:28 pm


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 5:14 pm

Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 5:40 pm
  • :th2thumbs: Aquaman
    User avatar
    Heyseed
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 326
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:09 am


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 6:05 pm
  • Looks like I'm late to the party. Just saw this on Komo news tonight. Cracked me up.
    Attachments
    2.jpg
    2.jpg (72.51 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
    IMG_20130510_185947.jpg
    IMG_20130510_185947.jpg (102.56 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
    Image

    Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 8215
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 7:21 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    HawKnPeppa wrote:He 'called out' nobody. In each case, he was responding to questions or challenges from the media or NFL fans, and gave them honest answers. Sherman was 'called out' by the players affected when they didn't like his answers. He was called out by Bayless after getting called out by Revis. I could go on, but if you want to be a critic, at least get your terminology right. He broke unwritten rules of political correctness and apparently has been reeled in by Pete and John.



    Who was he respobding too when he wentvto the French Quarter Super Bowl week and asked random fans who was better shutdown corner?

    When asked about WR's why not just say what a hreat WR he felt Julio was and leave it at that? Why go on a Roddy White ripping spree?

    When asked about who the best CB is why not simply state "as a competitor I think I am but there are a lot of great ones out there" and leave it that.

    I know half of you like the tired self promotion routine. To be honest with you I didn't have a problem with the post game against New England. He was emotional and said what he felt. On the flip side calling and showing up on NFL AM every other week and going on First Take proclaiming how great you are and looking somewhat delusional in the process is unnecessary.


    He 'ripped' Roddy White after Roddy White ripped him on the field, then Roddy white TV 'ripped' him again...and if you have a problem with the Bourbon Street piece, I really don't know what to say other than cut back on the milk and toast. He was playing to the crowd that was saying he's not as good as Revis in a good natured way. :?
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

    Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2731
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 10:52 pm
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    HawKnPeppa wrote:He 'called out' nobody. In each case, he was responding to questions or challenges from the media or NFL fans, and gave them honest answers. Sherman was 'called out' by the players affected when they didn't like his answers. He was called out by Bayless after getting called out by Revis. I could go on, but if you want to be a critic, at least get your terminology right. He broke unwritten rules of political correctness and apparently has been reeled in by Pete and John.



    Who was he respobding too when he wentvto the French Quarter Super Bowl week and asked random fans who was better shutdown corner?

    When asked about WR's why not just say what a hreat WR he felt Julio was and leave it at that? Why go on a Roddy White ripping spree?

    When asked about who the best CB is why not simply state "as a competitor I think I am but there are a lot of great ones out there" and leave it that.

    I know half of you like the tired self promotion routine. To be honest with you I didn't have a problem with the post game against New England. He was emotional and said what he felt. On the flip side calling and showing up on NFL AM every other week and going on First Take proclaiming how great you are and looking somewhat delusional in the process is unnecessary.


    He 'ripped' Roddy White after Roddy White ripped him on the field, then Roddy white TV 'ripped' him again...and if you have a problem with the Bourbon Street piece, I really don't know what to say other than cut back on the milk and toast. He was playing to the crowd that was saying he's not as good as Revis in a good natured way. :?

    Roddys known to be a douche. Sherman only goes after those kinds. He's said before he's gone games without even talking to a receiver because he respects them and didn't have to play games with them
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7236
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Richard Sherman
Fri May 10, 2013 11:11 pm
  • Can he please have my babies? If I wanted another that is.:)
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7885
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: Richard Sherman
Sat May 11, 2013 7:22 am
  • Richard Sherman and Gary Payton are two of my favorite Seattle athletes. If you can walk the walk.... What could be better than getting in the heads of the receivers you're about to play? As to his feud with Skip Bayless, he's not the first. In fact, his comments were mild by comparison.

    A TNT on-set dialogue about Shaq’s Twitter battle beef "with Oklahoma City Thunder big man Kendrick Perkins" quickly turned into a discussion about Skip Bayless. And when Charles Barkley is involved, as he was Tuesday night, any mention of the noted ESPN contrarian has the potential to escalate quickly into fireworks. Barkley, you may recall, has never exactly been shy about his dislike for Bayless, who has been with ESPN full-time since 2004. In 2009, he called Bayless an "idiot" on The Jay Leno Show, and he’s referred to Bayless as "one of the two people [he'd] like to kill.” Barkley has also gone on record saying he hates the former San Jose Mercury News columnist "more than any person in the world." In 2011, Barkley referred to Bayless as "the biggest jackass in the history of journalism" and last year, he called him the "the biggest punk in the world." So, yeah, there’s no love lost there, and now we can add this one-liner to the list: “If I could get Skip Bayless in a room, you’d need DNA to find out who he was.”
    User avatar
    godawg
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 469
    Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:46 pm


Re: Richard Sherman
Sat May 11, 2013 7:52 am
  • Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but Sherman has to talk the talk to walk the walk. If a good corner is quiet and doesn't get inside the heads of other coaches and quarterbacks around the league, they don't get targeted. They become Nnamdi Asomugha... A great corner for years that would never put up any stats because teams went away from throwing to him against the Raiders. He's our secondary's mouthpiece and teams are probably going to throw at him a lot less this year just because that's the smart thing to do, but if he starts getting in a receiver's head or a quarterback's head, he can get them to target him when they shouldn't and he's good enough at adjusting to the ball to make teams pay for that. Not to mention... His hands aren't to shabby.
    firebee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1245
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:43 pm
    Location: Florence, Oregon


Re: Richard Sherman
Sat May 11, 2013 8:07 am
  • The best part of this whole things is that old ass Jet Ski, i dont know why but that makes me laugh. Is that a Gaddy jersey that guy on the boat is wearing, if so he needs to throw that thing to the bottom of the Lake.
    User avatar
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 927
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


Re: Richard Sherman
Sat May 11, 2013 11:49 am
  • firebee wrote:Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but Sherman has to talk the talk to walk the walk. If a good corner is quiet and doesn't get inside the heads of other coaches and quarterbacks around the league, they don't get targeted. They become Nnamdi Asomugha... A great corner for years that would never put up any stats because teams went away from throwing to him against the Raiders. He's our secondary's mouthpiece and teams are probably going to throw at him a lot less this year just because that's the smart thing to do, but if he starts getting in a receiver's head or a quarterback's head, he can get them to target him when they shouldn't and he's good enough at adjusting to the ball to make teams pay for that. Not to mention... His hands aren't to shabby.


    Five parts athleticism, four parts work ethic and one part psychology
    well, for Sherman, maybe two.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    User avatar
    Rocket
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1362
    Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm
    Location: The Rain Forest


Re: Richard Sherman
Sat May 11, 2013 12:34 pm
  • The best defender in NBA history was also the leagues biggest talker and one of its most flamboyant off the field headaches. His mouth was his motivation, and he was able to back it up on the court.

    Richard Serman is the Dennis Rodman of the NFL . . . Ad I'm fine with that.
    <A>
    <IMG></A>
    User avatar
    McGruff
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1609
    Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am
    Location: Elma, WA


Re: Richard Sherman
Sat May 11, 2013 8:49 pm
  • McGruff wrote:The best defender in NBA history was also the leagues biggest talker and one of its most flamboyant off the field headaches. His mouth was his motivation, and he was able to back it up on the court.

    Richard Serman is the Dennis Rodman of the NFL . . . Ad I'm fine with that.


    That might be one of the worst comparisons I've ever heard of.

    Dennis Rodman isn't in the conversation of greatest defenders of all time.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9301
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Richard Sherman
Sat May 11, 2013 9:08 pm
  • I'm sure I'm not the only one that thought he was really good from the "get go." When Browner, Thomas, and Chancellor made the trip to the Pro Bowl a couple years ago, I thought the best of the bunch, Sherman, was sitting at home. I knew he was special from the very beginning. I'm sure most of you felt that way as well.

    How did he get so good, so quick? How does a lanky guy change direction well enough to stay with NFL receivers?

    His long stride "make up" speed is deceptive, and he is excellent at intelligently baiting quarterbacks. His wingspan allows him to play the back shoulder fade better than any corner in the game. He will stick his head in there to make a stop on running plays. He gets in the head of opposing players. He is often in the right place at the right time (for example, the blocked field goal return against San Francisco)

    I love his game. I love his attitude. I think he is the best in the business. A core player that they absolutely must extend when the time comes.
    Mick063
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 416
    Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:11 pm


Re: Richard Sherman
Sat May 11, 2013 9:45 pm
  • When you're right you're right and let me say. You're right and no worries, Sherman will be a Seahawk as long as he chooses, as long as he doesn't do a Revis that is.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7885
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: Richard Sherman
Sun May 12, 2013 8:49 am
  • Mick063 wrote:I'm sure I'm not the only one that thought he was really good from the "get go." When Browner, Thomas, and Chancellor made the trip to the Pro Bowl a couple years ago, I thought the best of the bunch, Sherman, was sitting at home. I knew he was special from the very beginning. I'm sure most of you felt that way as well.

    How did he get so good, so quick? How does a lanky guy change direction well enough to stay with NFL receivers?

    His long stride "make up" speed is deceptive, and he is excellent at intelligently baiting quarterbacks. His wingspan allows him to play the back shoulder fade better than any corner in the game. He will stick his head in there to make a stop on running plays. He gets in the head of opposing players. He is often in the right place at the right time (for example, the blocked field goal return against San Francisco)

    I love his game. I love his attitude. I think he is the best in the business. A core player that they absolutely must extend when the time comes.


    How he does it in his words.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap200 ... -the-field
    User avatar
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1165
    Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:38 pm
    Location: Superbowl Glory


Re: Richard Sherman
Sun May 12, 2013 9:04 am
  • It is just a guy stating his opinion. People shouldn't get all fussy just because he is bad mouthing Sherman. Get use to it, a lot more where that came from as that is the kind of attention Sherman will naturally draw with his extremely confident attitude.

    I am sure if RS was on some other NFL team we would all be saying how he is way too cocky and is a liar/cheater blah blah blah.

    He is the type of player that you love if he is on your team but more than likely can't stand if he is on someone elses because of how attitude/skill level.
    BamKam
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 374
    Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:50 pm


Re: Richard Sherman
Sun May 12, 2013 1:49 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:When you're right you're right and let me say. You're right and no worries, Sherman will be a Seahawk as long as he chooses, as long as he doesn't do a Revis that is.


    When you say do what Revis did do you mean demand 16 million a year or tear his knee?
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9301
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Richard Sherman
Sun May 12, 2013 2:47 pm
  • McGruff wrote:The best defender in NBA history was also the leagues biggest talker and one of its most flamboyant off the field headaches. His mouth was his motivation, and he was able to back it up on the court.

    Richard Serman is the Dennis Rodman of the NFL . . . Ad I'm fine with that.

    I thought u were going with the Glove there. That would be a much better comparison.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7236
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Richard Sherman
Sun May 12, 2013 4:02 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    McGruff wrote:The best defender in NBA history was also the leagues biggest talker and one of its most flamboyant off the field headaches. His mouth was his motivation, and he was able to back it up on the court.

    Richard Serman is the Dennis Rodman of the NFL . . . Ad I'm fine with that.

    I thought u were going with the Glove there. That would be a much better comparison.



    McGruff is also a North Korea sympathizer.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9301
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Richard Sherman
Sun May 12, 2013 5:31 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    McGruff wrote:The best defender in NBA history was also the leagues biggest talker and one of its most flamboyant off the field headaches. His mouth was his motivation, and he was able to back it up on the court.

    Richard Serman is the Dennis Rodman of the NFL . . . Ad I'm fine with that.

    I thought u were going with the Glove there. That would be a much better comparison.



    I agree but the Glove didn't keep the world entranced with his off court antics like Worm does.

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Richard Sherman
Sun May 12, 2013 5:33 pm
  • Sherman has stolen a page from Muhammed Ali marketing 101: Make half the population love him, the other half hate him and know that both sides will watch with equal interest.

    Genius.
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5800
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Re: Richard Sherman
Sun May 12, 2013 5:43 pm
  • The Radish wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:
    McGruff wrote:The best defender in NBA history was also the leagues biggest talker and one of its most flamboyant off the field headaches. His mouth was his motivation, and he was able to back it up on the court.

    Richard Serman is the Dennis Rodman of the NFL . . . Ad I'm fine with that.

    I thought u were going with the Glove there. That would be a much better comparison.



    I agree but the Glove didn't keep the world entranced with his off court antics like Worm does.

    :les:


    Well there also was no FB, Twitter, and all the other social media sites that allow so much access to a player now.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7236
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Richard Sherman
Sun May 12, 2013 5:43 pm
  • HawkWow wrote:Sherman has stolen a page from Muhammed Ali marketing 101: Make half the population love him, the other half hate him and know that both sides will watch with equal interest.

    Genius.


    Mayweather is great at this as well
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7236
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Richard Sherman
Sun May 12, 2013 5:56 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:When you're right you're right and let me say. You're right and no worries, Sherman will be a Seahawk as long as he chooses, as long as he doesn't do a Revis that is.


    When you say do what Revis did do you mean demand 16 million a year or tear his knee?
    Neither, the 16 million a year was a product of the Jets over pricing his rookie contract I am more talking about his penchant to holdout despite being signed to deals that are more than fair.

    I see Sherman getting 14-15 million maybe slightly less because circumstances caused by the Jets gave Revis a unique position and the ability to get a contact that's an outlier even now.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7885
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: Richard Sherman
Sun May 12, 2013 6:00 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:Sherman has stolen a page from Muhammed Ali marketing 101: Make half the population love him, the other half hate him and know that both sides will watch with equal interest.

    Genius.


    Mayweather is great at this as well


    'Cept Sherm don't get to hand pick his opponent. ;)

    Excellent point, just the same.

    EDIT: I am and have always been a Mayweather hater. But if being fair, I shouldn't let that cloud my sensibilities. Mayweather doesn't do the hand picking he's oft accused of. There's just currently a glut of talent at his weight and he makes his money exploiting that fact. Too many legit reasons to hate on Floyd. No need to make things up. ;) I feel better now.
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5800
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Re: Richard Sherman
Sun May 12, 2013 6:50 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:When you're right you're right and let me say. You're right and no worries, Sherman will be a Seahawk as long as he chooses, as long as he doesn't do a Revis that is.


    When you say do what Revis did do you mean demand 16 million a year or tear his knee?
    Neither, the 16 million a year was a product of the Jets over pricing his rookie contract I am more talking about his penchant to holdout despite being signed to deals that are more than fair.

    I see Sherman getting 14-15 million maybe slightly less because circumstances caused by the Jets gave Revis a unique position and the ability to get a contact that's an outlier even now.



    So the Bucs are paying him 16 mill bevause of the Jets rookie contract.? He will ask for the moon due too ego and I don't see us paying. I hope not. I like Sherm but not 12 mill a year like.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9301
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Richard Sherman
Sun May 12, 2013 7:09 pm
  • You're taking past me. Basically Revis is driven by pure ego and his entire self worth is predicated on being the highest paid at his position regardless. I don't know the numbers for what a CB that is arguably in a healthy Revis's zipcode so I guessed. That contact Tampa gave? Totally no risk for them and colossal blunder by Revis.

    But you missed my point entirely I am not talking the money but the mindset Revis has.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7885
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: Richard Sherman
Sun May 12, 2013 8:35 pm
  • Sherman is the best in the league right now, he can say anything he wants. If someone doesn't like it, to damn bad. Do your thing Sherm, they mad
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2966
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


PreviousNext


It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information