Greg Scruggs Torn ACL???

McGruff

Reaction score
I like Scruggs and was exited to see him play and improve, but lets not forget, after our FA signings and draft, he was in a dog fight to just make the team. I worry that this injury will put him in the Dexter Davis school of hard knocks as an overachieving seventh rounder whose injuries reduced him to a forgotten man. It's tough for guys like him to resurface after missing 9-12 months.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
McGruff":38l2np0y said:
I like Scruggs and was exited to see him play and improve, but lets not forget, after our FA signings and draft, he was in a dog fight to just make the team. I worry that this injury will put him in the Dexter Davis school of hard knocks as an overachieving seventh rounder whose injuries reduced him to a forgotten man. It's tough for guys like him to resurface after missing 9-12 months.
:13:

acbass

Reaction score
I had seen on Twitter that he suffered a knee injury. This is the first time i've heard it being an ACL. That's horrible! I really had high hopes for this guy.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Turns out he was injured from stumbling then landing wrong during a bag drill. Very dissappointing after hearing he was working out hard and had increased his weight to 300 lbs. He's the most athletic DT we have, so I was excited to see howthe extra power and weight would add to his play.

SE174

Reaction score
18236078194926797757.jpg

Hahaha

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":4ijqw2tg said:
Turns out he was injured from stumbling then landing wrong during a bag drill. Very dissappointing after hearing he was working out hard and had increased his weight to 300 lbs. He's the most athletic DT we have, so I was excited to see how the extra power and weight would add to his play.

It's highly unlikely that there isn't an orthopedic surgeon alive that will not advise any 300 lb. person that they should lose some weight as that body mass above the knees puts an inordinate amount of strain on those knee ligaments. Repair time is based on several factors, but #1 is the severity of the torn ligament......smaller the tear...faster the repair time. Hence, not every player with this injury can be another AP. Anyone else notice a big difference in the upper body mass of Greg to Adrian Peterson? ;) Bad knees were what "took out" Walter Jones. It has been my observation that "big people" tend to have knee issues.