Mini Camp Rookie roster link for this weekend

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

  • Ok, I'm seeing that we are looking at some returners.

    Glancing at the page linked above, the author points out the guys we are looking at for returners are all short wide-outs and have very fast 3-cone drill times.

    Correct me, but the 3-cone is a measure of the ability to change direction at speed, correct?
    "God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *
     
    Posts: 6042
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
    Location: Beneath, Between & Behind



  • Sweet. My friend's brother is one of the QBs trying out, Jake Mullin. I hope he gets a training camp invite. Fingers crossed!
    User avatar
    RobBaker7714409
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 188
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:56 pm



  • Good to see 6-2.5 CB/S Jim Noel from Boston College on the tryout list. He's a good player, and could definitely earn an training camp spot with a good impression this weekend. He's also the older brother of Nerlens Noel, the likely #1 overall pick in the upcoming NBA draft from Kentucky.
    User avatar
    NorthDallas40oz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 667
    Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:04 pm


  • JSeahawks wrote:Would not be surprised at all to see Zach Brown take the kicking job away from Hauschka.

    http://goviks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=815


    I went to middle school with this guy. Didn't know him personally but he was a 3 sport athlete.
    Pick6
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 96
    Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:45 pm


  • Pick6 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Would not be surprised at all to see Zach Brown take the kicking job away from Hauschka.

    http://goviks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=815


    I went to middle school with this guy. Didn't know him personally but he was a 3 sport athlete.



    I'd guess 99% of kickers play soccer, and seeing as he's 6'0 with a 34 inch vert I'm guessing he played B-ball
    bigcc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 886
    Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:07 pm


  • I watched Justin Veltung video on you tube... First his Puyallup HS days and then his U of I days! I'd say he has the best chance of all the UDFA WR's. Has a vertical of 42.5" - broad jump of 10' 9". Ran a 4.39 at HS Combine and a 4.37 on his second of three runs at his pro day. Check him out. He also jumps a 56" on you tube... impressive to say the least.
    nanabot
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 2
    Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 11:28 am


  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:Correct me, but the 3-cone is a measure of the ability to change direction at speed, correct?

    Correctamundo. Indeed it is. :th2thumbs:
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

    your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3067
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


  • JSeahawks wrote:Would not be surprised at all to see Zach Brown take the kicking job away from Hauschka.

    http://goviks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=815


    Me either... I've been aware of him for about 4 years now, being a fan of the Big Sky. Dude has range and consistency.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    User avatar
    SE174
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1251
    Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm
    Location: Spokane


  • Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25 37m
    Gonna ride my Jet Ski up to watch the rookies from the Lake ....


    Hahahahaha love it.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    User avatar
    SE174
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1251
    Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm
    Location: Spokane


  • nanabot wrote:I watched Justin Veltung video on you tube... First his Puyallup HS days and then his U of I days! I'd say he has the best chance of all the UDFA WR's. Has a vertical of 42.5" - broad jump of 10' 9". Ran a 4.39 at HS Combine and a 4.37 on his second of three runs at his pro day. Check him out. He also jumps a 56" on you tube... impressive to say the least.


    The problem with Veltung-- As a Vandal Fan I've seen him for several years. He's injury prone. He never played a complete 12 games in college. He's wicked fast and shifty. But his actual play never lived up to his physical gifts.

    I hope he does well. I really don't see anyway he makes the team unless he's vastly improved over his Vandal days-- though to be fair his coaches were garbage at Idaho-- Especially his WR coach for the first few years.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2380
    Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm



  • Korey Toomer is listed, interesting. Only drafted player from last year present at the Rookie mini-camp. Guess they're giving him another look.
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5314
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


  • Image
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1551
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle


  • ^That's Sherm at camp today from Pete's Facebook page
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1551
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle




It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:25 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online