Are 49ers kinda getting the nod over us as SB favs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giedi

Reaction score
Marvin49":3pvmc03e said:
Giedi":3pvmc03e said:
loafoftatupu":3pvmc03e said:
I have no problem with the Niners getting the nod. It wasn't much different with the Hawks in 2006, but the injury bug thwarted their run at success.

The Niners earned that prediction and even considering the fantastic offseason the Hawks had, the Niners didn't lose a lot and made some gains of their own.

Can the Hawks beat the Niners? Oh hell yes. But there are 14 other games to play and SF is going to be favored in most of them and they will likely win most of them. For now, the predictions of SF winning are warranted. I do believe that can change over the course of 2013.
Loafo, Marshawn's date with the district attorney is probably going to affect the 49ers vs Seahawk game one way or the other. Evidence is clear he was driving drunk, and if he's convicted of a DUI, I think it's a for sure NFL two game suspension. I like Michael, he runs just like Lynch. But 2nd game into the season, he'll still be learning and not playing full speed. Marshawn is a big part of your offense, and I'm sure you will miss him if he can't be on the field. Not only do you have one of the toughest schedules, if not the toughest of them all, but if you don't have Marshawn for two or perhaps four weeks, that will definitely put a damper on the superbowl enthusiasm in Seattle and your offense. A half game separated the 49ers from the 'Hawks last year, a full game or two separation may be too far to make up to win the divsion if those games without Marshawn are losses.

To be honest, I hope he plays. I'd prefer both teams at full strength when they meet. We didn't get that last year. Not saying the game would have been dramatically different (no way to predict), but I'd have liked to see what would have happened in that game if Justin isn't out, Aldon isn't hurt, and Vernon isn't knocked out of the game in the 1st quarter.
It was late in the season. Everybody is hurt at that point in time. Injuries are a part of the game. That's why depth is so important on championship teams. I think the Giants have had at least three elite pass rushers since Coughlin has been coach. Depth on the pass rush side is a big question for both teams, but I think the 49ers might have the better depth for a 16 game season. The 'Hawks are still looking for that elite pass rusher.

sutz

Reaction score
For all the talk and back and forth, remember. Michael isn't our backup RB, Turbin is.

:)

Giedi

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1cx5td42 said:
Evidence is clear he was driving drunk?

Do tell, I haven't seen any real information being put out there so apparently they are only informing the Niner fan base?

Sorry, you may end up correct but at this point no one really knows what is going to happen. You are simply hoping you don't have to face him and I can understand why but worse case scenario, we seen what Wilson could do in Atlanta when Lynch was playing on a sprained ankle so even without Lynch I am confident we can put a big fat W on the Niners.

Christine Michael was essentially the 'Hawks first round draft choice. They could have chosen Demontre Moore or Alex Okefor at that position, but they chose an RB. I think that says a lot regarding their concern for Marshawns Dui Issue.

Giedi

Reaction score
sutz":3q5j9dd1 said:
For all the talk and back and forth, remember. Michael isn't our backup RB, Turbin is.

:)
Heh. I give that designation to Danger-Russ. :mrgreen:

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Giedi":1ffsdfid said:
Lady Talon":1ffsdfid said:
Giedi":1ffsdfid said:
Loafo, Marshawn's date with the district attorney is probably going to affect the 49ers vs Seahawk game one way or the other. Evidence is clear he was driving drunk, and if he's convicted of a DUI, I think it's a for sure NFL two game suspension. I like Michael, he runs just like Lynch. But 2nd game into the season, he'll still be learning and not playing full speed. Marshawn is a big part of your offense, and I'm sure you will miss him if he can't be on the field. Not only do you have one of the toughest schedules, if not the toughest of them all, but if you don't have Marshawn for two or perhaps four weeks, that will definitely put a damper on the superbowl enthusiasm in Seattle and your offense. A half game separated the 49ers from the 'Hawks last year, a full game or two separation may be too far to make up to win the divsion if those games without Marshawn are losses.

Think you're reading too much into the situation. Runningback is a position where rookies tend to excel pretty quickly. Just the past few seasons, you have Alfred Morris, Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, etc etc. that have played at very high levels. Michael isn't on the level of Marshawn Lynch and probably won't instantly command an 8 man box and somewhat limit our offensive balance until he proves he is worth the attention, but it isn't near the disaster of losing a starting QB and having to start a rookie.

Michael will be a pretty good back from the videos the members here posted. I fully expect him to be productive from the start. It's in pass protection that new backs have problems in. 49ers have a decent pass rush, and that can be a problem on third and longs. Marshawn was a big key to winning that 49er v. seahawk game last year. He pretty much ran over the left side of the 49ers defensive line. RJF still has the cleatmarks on his back to show for it. I daresay if Michael is in the game on third and longs, I can see the 49ers doing a lot more blitzing than usual.

If Michael starts, no guarantee there as Turbin holds the #2 spot atm, then your DC will have to come up with a better answer for Percy Harvin (and Russell Wilson at home) then he showed capable of last year, before he succeeds with heavy blitzing in the Clink. The reason Lynch ran over your team is we had a lead and kept riding him, like we quite often did when we had 2-5 score leads last year. Your secondary is the weakest link of your defense, pass rush is only half the answer if you can't set the tone with your secondary, especially with Wilson's out of pocket agility.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Michael may have been insurance for Lynch's DUI but it also makes sense to reduce Lynch's carries due to his running style. We will see if he gets suspended, I don't remember all the details about the incident when it came out but there was a belief it won't stick. Truth is I'm not overly worried about it. I think Lynch is great but we have enough weapons and a QB who showed in the playoffs, he can compensate. I actually wish Lynch would have sat out the Atlanta game. His injury was enough to make him mortal and he had a key fumble that probably doesn't happen if he is healthy and fresh.

If Michael pans out we will have Lynch healthy and fresh for game two in your house and the playoffs. I think we'll be ok.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1affhymv said:
Michael may have been insurance for Lynch's DUI but it also makes sense to reduce Lynch's carries due to his running style. We will see if he gets suspended, I don't remember all the details about the incident when it came out but there was a belief it won't stick. Truth is I'm not overly worried about it. I think Lynch is great but we have enough weapons and a QB who showed in the playoffs, he can compensate. I actually wish Lynch would have sat out the Atlanta game. His injury was enough to make him mortal and he had a key fumble that probably doesn't happen if he is healthy and fresh.

If Michael pans out we will have Lynch healthy and fresh for game two in your house and the playoffs. I think we'll be ok.

Alot of the details of the incident can be found in my post on the previous page of this thread.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
What I remember about it was that he blew exactly .80 at the scene, and then blew over 8.0 at the station. According to his attorney, that means his BAC was trending up as his body metabolized the alcohol, which means his BAC was under .80 when he was driving. And that this argument has been successfully used in California to defeat a DUI charge.

My guess is he'll plead down to reckless driving.

Giedi

Reaction score
Lady Talon":zqizx2l5 said:
Giedi":zqizx2l5 said:
Lady Talon":zqizx2l5 said:
Think you're reading too much into the situation. Runningback is a position where rookies tend to excel pretty quickly. Just the past few seasons, you have Alfred Morris, Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, etc etc. that have played at very high levels. Michael isn't on the level of Marshawn Lynch and probably won't instantly command an 8 man box and somewhat limit our offensive balance until he proves he is worth the attention, but it isn't near the disaster of losing a starting QB and having to start a rookie.

Michael will be a pretty good back from the videos the members here posted. I fully expect him to be productive from the start. It's in pass protection that new backs have problems in. 49ers have a decent pass rush, and that can be a problem on third and longs. Marshawn was a big key to winning that 49er v. seahawk game last year. He pretty much ran over the left side of the 49ers defensive line. RJF still has the cleatmarks on his back to show for it. I daresay if Michael is in the game on third and longs, I can see the 49ers doing a lot more blitzing than usual.

If Michael starts, no guarantee there as Turbin holds the #2 spot atm, then your DC will have to come up with a better answer for Percy Harvin (and Russell Wilson at home) then he showed capable of last year, before he succeeds with heavy blitzing in the Clink. The reason Lynch ran over your team is we had a lead and kept riding him, like we quite often did when we had 2-5 score leads last year. Your secondary is the weakest link of your defense, pass rush is only half the answer if you can't set the tone with your secondary, especially with Wilson's out of pocket agility.
Seattle has an outstanding offense when its on the field. Key is - when it's on the field. Ball control teams like the 49ers do give outstading offenses problems simply because they can't get back on the field. A ball control power running attack will tend to do that. Atlanta game is an example. Laofa and I had a lengthy discussion about how to win away games, and it boils down to defense.

The Seattle offense and the 49er offense do look the same. It's a long 16 game season, and again the Michael pick is an exciting pick for the Seahawk franchise. I think he can be heir apparent to Lynch when he decides to hang it up. Pete learned a lot from Seifert when he was with the 49er organization. Thats why I think both offenses are so similar and pretty much top of the line, with both QB's pretty much setting the standards for future NFL QBing for the next few years. With both offenses so even, I think its defense where the games between the two teams will turn. At this point the Seattle defense has more question marks than the 49er defense.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
49ers SHOULD get the nod over us at this time, they went farther than we did last year. That and I like not being the favorite, would rather have a chip on our shoulders.

Giedi

Reaction score
RichNhansom":brl674mv said:

I'm sure Tom can give Lynch some legal tips to beat the rap. Let's hope Tom Cable doesn't deck anybody if you do suffer your first loss. :mrgreen: Some of your defensive coaches are brand new and cant afford time in the hospital. Marshawn is a beast. I'm sure many of the 49er defenders will breath a sigh of relief if Lynch in the hooscow.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
MLOhawks":8q4ztw0l said:
49ers SHOULD get the nod over us at this time, they went farther than we did last year.
I kinda like being the favorite in some circles, but I'm certainly not going to get upset about some people liking the Digits as favorites. To be the man, you gotta beat the man, and right now, the Digits are the man in the NFCW. Who is going to win the division? I'm confident in the Seahawks and I like our chances, but at this point it's a coin flip.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
BlueTalon":9xb3jqr0 said:
What I remember about it was that he blew exactly .80 at the scene, and then blew over 8.0 at the station. According to his attorney, that means his BAC was trending up as his body metabolized the alcohol, which means his BAC was under .80 when he was driving. And that this argument has been successfully used in California to defeat a DUI charge.

That's not the sequence of events as described in the articles I posted on the precious page.

It has also been reported that if he pleads guilty to anything that he will be suspended for 2 games. It has also been reported that Goodell doesn't need Lynch to be found guilty of anything in order for him to still decide to suspend Lynch

And unfortutely for Lynch I am sure (thanks to Sherman's reminding everybody) that Goodell remembers that the Seahawks have already used their get out of jail free card, and would like nothing more than to send a message to Seattle about the legal system.

Laloosh

Reaction score
NinerLifer":g48t6mmz said:
send a message to Seattle about the legal system.

Seriously? That's a ridiculous statement. Now Goodell dislikes Seattle because Sherm won an appeal?

You're trying to enjoy this Lynch thing too much. Guy got busted, he'll pay a fancy lawyer to plead it down or win on a technicality. Might be suspended, might not but don't think for a second that Goodell's sitting back in his big evil chair sipping brandy and waiting for the moment to pounce on Seattle.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
NinerLifer":303nhhqa said:
BlueTalon":303nhhqa said:

That's not the sequence of events as described in the articles I posted on the precious page.

It has also been reported that if he pleads guilty to anything that he will be suspended for 2 games. It has also been reported that Goodell doesn't need Lynch to be found guilty of anything in order for him to still decide to suspend Lynch

And unfortutely for Lynch I am sure (thanks to Sherman's reminding everybody) that Goodell remembers that the Seahawks have already used their get out of jail free card, and would like nothing more than to send a message to Seattle about the legal system.

Even if he's suspended the first four games, we'll still beat you at home so it's not as big of a worry as you make it out to be. Plus, as pointed out by others, that will just save some wear and tear which may help in the long run. Thanks for monitoring the situation though.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":mmznjq4n said:
NinerLifer":mmznjq4n said:

Seriously? That's a ridiculous statement. Now Goodell dislikes Seattle because Sherm won an appeal?

You're trying to enjoy this Lynch thing too much. Guy got busted, he'll pay a fancy lawyer to plead it down or win on a technicality. Might be suspended, might not but don't think for a second that Goodell's sitting back in his big evil chair sipping brandy and waiting for the moment to pounce on Seattle.

Not saying that Goodell has been sitting and waiting for the opportunity to get back at Seattle. You either don't pay attention to how Goodell operates or you are just kidding yourself that Goodell won't suspend him even if he gets off on a technicality with the cops. Like it has been reported, a conviction just makes it automatic, but that Goodell is likely to suspend him regardless.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":xlda2wtq said:
NinerLifer":xlda2wtq said:
BlueTalon":xlda2wtq said:

Even if he's suspended the first four games, we'll still beat you at home so it's not as big of a worry as you make it out to be. Plus, as pointed out by others, that will just save some wear and tear which may help in the long run. Thanks for monitoring the situation though.

I could give a crap if you guys beat us in Seattle if it meant that you would start off 1-3. And don't fool yourself into thinking that you would have an easy victory over ANYBODY without Lynch.

There are 14 other games that are played that don't have us lining up across each other.

I'll take 3-1 over 1-3 any season.

Laloosh

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2fq07d5z said:
E.C. Laloosh":2fq07d5z said:
NinerLifer":2fq07d5z said:

Not saying that Goodell has been sitting and waiting for the opportunity to get back at Seattle. You either don't pay attention to how Goodell operates or you are just kidding yourself that Goodell won't suspend him even if he gets off on a technicality with the cops. Like it has been reported, a conviction just makes it automatic, but that Goodell is likely to suspend him regardless.

Then you should have said that instead of:

Laloosh

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3ivy9laj said:
I could give a crap if you guys beat us in Seattle if it meant that you would start off 1-3. And don't fool yourself into thinking that you would have an easy victory over ANYBODY without Lynch.

There are 14 other games that are played that don't have us lining up across each other.

I'll take 3-1 over 1-3 any season.

Getting a little ahead of yourself but thanks for clarifying what your interest in this discussion is. Next man up, move on. Games to play, teams to prepare for. We drafted two running backs that run like Lynch. Even if they're not as effective, they can carry the ball north and south and we have plenty of other weapons to complement the running game.

rlkats

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be funny as hell if my miners and the hawks are 3rd and 4th in the division. Then all of this is pointless lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.