Texans over hawks book it

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hawks46":1o4dvcji said:
2nd thing, I don't think that team handles pressure really well. They hyped up the Pats game as the "most important game in their franchise history" and then went out and crapped the bed. I don't know what it is, as it's intangible. It could be Shaub, but honestly his WRs just flat out sucked that game. Andre Johnson didn't look like himself.

They also blew their first round bye after losing by 12 to the Colts who had absolutely nothing to play for at that point.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3ae5t462 said:
Hawks46":3ae5t462 said:
What bothers me about Houston is that they got murdered by every playoff team they faced. Physically dominated, just smoked.

they did beat the eventual superbowl champion ravens handily, and also beat the broncos.

Eh. That was the week after Ray Lewis tore his tricep, and everyone thought he was done. The Broncos weren't very good at the beginning of the season either. Manning didn't have his strength/confidence yet. All their losses came in the first five weeks. Packers, Patriots and Vikings straight up abused the Texans.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3luxwfj7 said:
Hawknballs":3luxwfj7 said:
Hawks46":3luxwfj7 said:
What bothers me about Houston is that they got murdered by every playoff team they faced. Physically dominated, just smoked.

they did beat the eventual superbowl champion ravens handily, and also beat the broncos.

Eh. That was the week after Ray Lewis tore his tricep, and everyone thought he was done. The Broncos weren't very good at the beginning of the season either. Manning didn't have his strength/confidence yet. All their losses came in the first five weeks. Packers, Patriots and Vikings straight up abused the Texans.

Can't really say they "murdered every playoff team they faced" though if you're just going to disqualify a couple of them? (I know you weren't the one who said that but you're qualifying it)

A

Anonymous

OK, so like, me and wifeypoo going to this game on an invite from my very-gracious landlord. You know the type; has 6-8 season tickets on the club-level, oil exploration dude, drives Corvettes. They do the tailgating thing for about three hours before the game. RV' with awnings and tents, barbeque sizzling, cold beers, and of course, the Bloody Marys.

Anyhow, we are going to be the two heavily-Seahawks-clad fans sitting amongst a sea of affluent Texans fans above the 40-yard line, or so. We would be absolutely stoked to hook up with anybody on the board for beers and so forth.

Who's all going?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3924ukyr said:
OK, Who's all going?

See NYCoug's thread about going to every game on the sched for your answer.

OR:

Myself
Dom
MysterMatt
Seatown81
FlyingGreg
RockHawk
Aros
HoustonHawk (of course)
NYCoug
Hasselbeck
Barthawk
Have all tentatively committed to Houston.

My apologies to any I have left off the list.