Kluwe

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Kluwe
Mon May 06, 2013 9:56 am
  • It appears that the Vikings released Kluwe today, interesting. He has been a pretty good punter, and a funny guy.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3456/chris-kluwe

*edited to add link
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Kluwe
Mon May 06, 2013 3:00 pm
  • Many of us met Kluwe when he was at Training camp and got cut in favor as I've earlier for a shoe saleman that lasted 3 weeks into the season.

He was a bit of a loud mouth off the field only the last 2-3 years and they decided they just didn't need a very good quality punter. Had one of his best years last season, averaged 39.7 yds per punt, that's not bad.

Here's the Yahoo home page version of the story.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--chris ... 48762.html

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Mon May 06, 2013 3:17 pm
  • Jon Ryan is the better punter,...so no to Kluwe,....hmmm,...however if TR were still here I can imagine us carrying 2 punters on our 53 man roster,...
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 06, 2013 3:36 pm
  • I will stick with Jon,dude is money.
    yummy down on this throbbing pole of hot man chicken.
    legend38
    NET Veteran

Mon May 06, 2013 5:04 pm
  • I never implied we needed or wanted him. I was just posting that a good guy was released and thought it was interesting is all.
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 08, 2013 10:57 am
  • Good guys are released all the time.
    Schadie001
    NET Veteran

Wed May 08, 2013 11:48 am
  • no to kluwe. can't say i agree with his views on off the field issues.
    GeorgeKush
    NET Rookie

Thu May 09, 2013 5:27 am
  • The guy is a joke! A side show circus!

LOL he calls out an elected in a letter...dumbass!

When was the last time someone called out an elected and everything worked out for that person the way they wanted it to? Dumbass!

No thank you to this clown, we are filled up on backward thinkers! We dropped him for a reason.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 7:23 am
  • Spokane wrote:The guy is a joke! A side show circus!

When was the last time someone called out an elected and everything worked out for that person the way they wanted it to? Dumbass!

No thank you to this clown, we are filled up on backward thinkers! We dropped him for a reason.

What does this even mean?

Color me confused.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu May 09, 2013 8:40 am
  • sutz wrote:
    Spokane wrote:The guy is a joke! A side show circus!

What does this even mean?

Color me confused.

I think you confused it for a rational thought.
    JimmyB3
    NET Starter

Thu May 09, 2013 5:29 pm
  • I am just saying he is a circus. Did you read the letter? What writing style did he use? Was it in a persuasive form to really make a difference in people's life? Or was it more of a little girl trying to create drama while attacking? Please tell me one thing Tebow ever did on or off the field that screamed Circus like this? If the media was not 100% no matter what pro gay right now, this dude would have been blown up. Total D-bag!
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 5:37 pm
  • Sooo now whatever team picks up Kluwe will have to go through a ton of none football questions like... "Do you agree with your kicker on this and that issue"

Thats the ownership all the way down to the popcorn guy! Tons of media asking the same dumb set of questions. Teams know this and will avoid a Circus.

He made a bad choice. He created the drama so he gets the :242735: that follows! (Stick your head up, you get it knocked off)
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 8:18 pm
  • Quite the homophobic dick aren't you?
    JimmyB3
    NET Starter

Thu May 09, 2013 8:19 pm
  • JimmyB3 wrote:Quite the homophobic dick aren't you?

He's the kind of guy whose judgmental attitude will have his kids growing up to hate him.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    JimmyB3 wrote:Quite the homophobic dick aren't you?

He's the kind of guy whose judgmental attitude will have his kids growing up to hate him.

He'll just call them backward thinkers.
    Sonichellboy
    NET Rookie

Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 pm
  • And tell his lesbian daughter she's going to hell
    Last edited by SacHawk2.0 on Fri May 10, 2013 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Fri May 10, 2013 1:25 am
  • Spokane wrote:The guy is a joke! A side show circus!

Wait... you're a vikings fan?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 5:39 am
  • JimmyB3 wrote:Quite the homophobic dick aren't you?

I can understand calling me a dick, because we disagree and you can't win so name calling is that next step.

But homophobic makes you look like a uneducated redneck Slim!

A phobia is defined as a persistent fear of an object, one that I must flee from. Thats a Phobia.

Like .000000001 have real homophobic issues (its just real easy when your back is against the wall to call someone that)
    Last edited by Spokane on Sat May 11, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 6:42 am
  • Spokane wrote:

I can understand calling me a dick, because we disagree and you can't win so name calling is that next step.

A phobia is defined as a persistent fear of an object, one that I must flee from. Thats a Phobia.

Like .000000001 have real homophobic issues (its just real easy when your back is against the wall to call someone that)

Don't look to take the easy way out! If you want to call names, you better be right. Right now your posts make you look real dumb!

Gentlemen, this is a football forum. Either you can play or you can't. Ryan's better anyway.
    gmor
    NET Rookie

Fri May 10, 2013 7:26 am
  • Spokane wrote:

Don't look to take the easy way out! If you want to call names, you better be right. Right now your posts make you look real dumb!

Ok, so you're not afraid of the gays. That's fine. But you're still someone who thinks social and legal policies should be based on your particular brand of faith and that still makes you an idiot.

As far as three topic goes,

Kluwe = good at his job.

Tebow = not good at his job

Not a fair comparison at all.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Fri May 10, 2013 7:40 am
  • So Kluwe is good at sitting on the sofa, but Tebow needs work at it :) We all want policies based around what we want.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 8:20 am
  • Spokane wrote:So Kluwe is good at sitting on the sofa, but Tebow needs work at it :) We all want policies based around what we want.

Yeah, but the policies you want don't effect you in any way. You just want to swing your morality hammer and be Judgey McJudgerson.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Fri May 10, 2013 8:38 am
  • Spokane wrote:

You're right. I assumed that the "circus" you spoke of had something to do with your opposition to gays. I am sure if he penned a letter in support of some knuckledraggers cause, you would have the same reaction. Again...I apologize for assuming you were being intellectually dishonest.
    JimmyB3
    NET Starter

Fri May 10, 2013 8:12 pm
  • I love how my thread became as much of a circus as Spokane claims Kluwe is. I have always thought Kluwe was a funny, articulate guy as well as a good punter. Never once in my OP did I mention I thought we should take him over Ryan. I just thought the NFL Nation forum would be a good place to talk about a non-Seahawk player that a lot of people like, unless you are Spokane.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:55 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information