Hard knocks - Seahawks 2013 Yes or No?

Laloosh

Reaction score
SE174":3msmd2yi said:
E.C. Laloosh":3msmd2yi said:
God, Pete would probably love this... but no.
I'm assuming that's sarcasm? They approached us last year, and Pete turned it down. As much fun as it would be to see a lot more behind the scenes stuff, I agree... hell no. We need everyone focused on football only.

Didn't know that. With all of the open practices and celebrity visits to USC, I had just assumed that this is the sort of thing he'd be fine with.

sutz

Reaction score
That show's still on?

Hmmm.....no thanks. Concentrate on the game, not some dumb reality show.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
E.C. Laloosh":3mssvves said:
SE174":3mssvves said:
E.C. Laloosh":3mssvves said:
I'm assuming that's sarcasm? They approached us last year, and Pete turned it down. As much fun as it would be to see a lot more behind the scenes stuff, I agree... hell no. We need everyone focused on football only.

Didn't know that. With all of the open practices and celebrity visits to USC, I had just assumed that this is the sort of thing he'd be fine with.

Yep, Pete turned it down. Didn't want the distractions.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
truehawksfan":njkyalv5 said:
Personally, I think it would be a major distraction, so I'd say no, but we have a glipse of the Hawks thru The Real Rob Report and it doesn't seem to cause any issues.

Thoughts?

The glimpses we get via the RRR don't cause issues because it's just MikeRob and his camera, not an entire team of producers and cameramen from outside the organization documenting everything.

Hell no to Hard Knocks.

sc85sis

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2uyvpm7b said:
SE174":2uyvpm7b said:
E.C. Laloosh":2uyvpm7b said:

I thought that originally too. Upon further reflection, it makes sense that he turned it down. The stuff they did at USC was controlled: they didn't have camera crews following them into the meeting rooms, etc.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1mjmsh65 said:
Fly under the radar and let the angst and drama play out with some other team.

Nationwide voting at NFL.com has us winning the Super Bowl this year; there is no flying under the radar for the Seattle Seahawks, anymore.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Nope, it only creates a media circus and diverts the players attention from the job at hand which is preparation for the season.

I can't see Pete ever wanting it to happen.

rigelian

Reaction score
It would have been fun to watch a Seahawks version of Hard Knocks during Mora's season as head coach. Fun in a watching a car crash type of way, but when you have a team that is a major contender? No way.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
As a die hard fan of the team it'd be bad ass to see..

That said.. as a die hard fan of the team, I don't want them to have all the distractions that come with it.

So no thanks

SDHawk

Reaction score
"The Houston Texans easily beat the Miami Dolphins on Sunday. J.J. Watt had a sack and a half in the game. On NBC Network's Pro Football Talk, Watt admitted why he had such an advantage.

Watt said he picked up the Dolphins' snap count while watching the HBO show "Hard Knocks." He said the same thing could be picked up on preseason games, but the reality show following an NFL team throughout training camp helped."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Hell YES! I want every minute of this Super Bowl winning season documented for posterity. The PC/JS/RW legacy begins this year and the Seahawks will break all the taboos along the way--10 AM starts, Hard Knocks, etc.

Then Russell Wilson will be on the cover of Madden 15 and we'll do it again the next year.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I admit it would be extremely entertaining to see the personal part of the team, pretty much an hour long RRR, but as much as I would enjoy watching it, my vote is a resounding hell no.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
This comes up every couple of months. The vast majority of users on this board are against it. Maybe we should sticky a thread that says No Hard Knocks threads.

Latest posts