Song for the 2013-2014 Seahawk Season

DJrmb

Reaction score
[youtube]ZAxCw0XMA8E[/youtube]

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Seems rather obvious. Can't believe nobody's mentioned it yet. There can be only one:

[youtube]KFfCKy0nKr0[/youtube]

Shock2k

Reaction score
Pantera - Respect (Walk) I feel like this team is about to role over folks this season. Maybe this would be more of a LoB song.

[youtube]AkFqg5wAuFk[/youtube]

kearly

Reaction score
Great thread. This is fun. It's kind of crazy but after seeing all those fan music videos for the Seahawks the last couple years (some of them quite good) I now can't help but try to visualize every song I hear and determine if it fits the Seahawks or not.

Best recommendations so far: Radioactive and Can't Hold Us. Every time I hear Radioactive though I think of the Johnny Manziel video that was just perfectly done. It's hard to think "Seahawks" with that song for me because of that.

Can't Hold Us is a song that is so obvious it's tempting to overlook, but it just FITS. The song carries a ton of optimism, energy, and new wave feel to it.

Saliva is a badass song and I seriously watched the Wilson highlight video to that song from his 2011 college season 300+ times, but it doesn't really fit the Seahawks for me.

Here are a few I'd add:

[youtube]cMg5cQd5f50[/youtube]

Played to death on top 40 stations, but it works much better than I thought it would. The song starts fast and is unrelenting. The song caries of tone of resilience and optimism. It bubbles with energy. A lot of particular lyrics match the individual members of the Seahawks very well.

The core message is about rising up from obscurity into national prominence, while still suggesting that the ride is just beginning. If there is a song that fits "the future is so bright, you're gonna need shades" type theme, it's this one. Well, other than the actual song of that title.

Finding the right song is all about matching the emotion of the team with the emotion produced by a song. I think any song chosen for the Seahawks needs be at least a little epic, and I think Written in the Stars captures that while coincidentally hitting on several other levels as well.

[youtube]Gbk4CceTx_E[/youtube]

Another Erik Turner song. I was kind of amazed how well this song fit Spencer Ware's highlight video and his bruising style of play. Again, this song is high energy, builds up as it goes, and has a theme of growth and resilience.

[youtube]xHRkHFxD-xY[/youtube]

McElmore is a proud fan of both the Seahawks and the city of Seattle, but it's just a coincidence, because I think this song really works. High energy, builds up, optimistic, chest-puffing and like the other two, it carries a theme of journeying from the small time to the big time.

Bigger and I Made It were perfect choices for Russell Wilson. I really like Eminem's Cinderella Man for Marshawn Lynch. The strong clap beat just works. Tech N9ne's I'm A Beast was a great fit for Lynch too.

Omahawk

Reaction score
I feel like I should post a link to a video that has been removed. Ever heard of a band called Unbunny? I think that's what we are.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I feel deeply obligated to add this song to the list as we have all fallen madly in love with Tanzania. Long live Tanzania !!!

[youtube]meE_pFWtu2I[/youtube]

kearly

Reaction score
Here's the song the rest of the NFL would pick for us:

[youtube]06GGDH_ugh8[/youtube]

Exittium

Reaction score
DericLee":339sy6lm said:
McGruff":339sy6lm said:
Don't know how to embed a video . . .

Note:just so you can see what it looks like, I used a { and } for the brackets, but if you want the video to actually show up you need to use the regular brackets [ and ], you just use the {youtube]-[/youtube}, where - = the last part of the youtube share code(in this case, yRnueJP2k9A)

so it would look like {youtube]yRnueJP2k9A[/youtube}

[youtube]yRnueJP2k9A[/youtube]

Noo.. please no.. this has got to be damn near the worst "song" if even called that with its repetitiveness of nonsense .. Like .. smh i have no words besides no and to go flush a harbough

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":3dp6htvo said:
kearly":3dp6htvo said:
Here's the song the rest of the NFL would pick for us:

[youtube]06GGDH_ugh8[/youtube]
Winner

That song would have been perfect to play after the end of the Packers game last season

AndyOswald10

Reaction score
Anything but Bitter Sweet Symphony. That is the worst "stadium song" of all time. Everyone in my section cringes every time they play it on the PA system. All of the kickoff and TD songs are good, I wish they would throw Bitter Sweet Symphony in the garbage and get something that goes better with the other songs. If I got to choose, it would be "Eminence Front" by The Who. Other teams across other sports have used it before, but it works.