Texans over hawks book it

Sac

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3j0afgan said:
I am far more worried about Indianapolis than Houston given they have a quarterback right at Wilson's level and are the backend of that roadtrip. Houston is one dimensional.

I have to disagree. Indy has no defense. Houston has both offense and defense.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1m32iyjc said:
KCHawkGirl":1m32iyjc said:
I am far more worried about Indianapolis than Houston given they have a quarterback right at Wilson's level and are the backend of that roadtrip. Houston is one dimensional.

I can understand that but fact is we can match Houston defensively and because Schaub is just ok we are Houston's worst nightmare . Now Luck like Wilson is dynamic and can carry a team by himself. Couple that with being the second road game in the set....it worries me.

Sac

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3gha8552 said:
SacHawk2.0":3gha8552 said:
KCHawkGirl":3gha8552 said:

I can understand that but fact is we can match Houston defensively and because Schaub is just ok we are Houston's worst nightmare . Now Luck like Wilson is dynamic and can carry a team by himself. Couple that with being the second road game in the set....it worries me.

Our defense led the league in points against last year when we had an anemic pass rush. Luck doesn't scare, me one little bit. We're going to blow out the Colts.

Sac

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":126128be said:
So I'm not insane to think we will be 6-0 going into Arizona? (That's my current prediction).

KC, we're going to blow out a lot of teams next year. I'm not going to claim an undefeated season but i can see those ass hat 72 Dolphins popping champaign to our first loss next year.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
SE174":19oobfkr said:
HawkWow":19oobfkr said:
They're a damn good team. Elite team? No.

Don't blame their fans for such transgressions and lapses of sanity. I went to U of Houston (it was just the best deal). It is a place where they brain wash people. Every sweltering morning, some bizarre voice would take over the radio waves with some rambling, zombie like message that went "Houston...you have a lot to be proud of, your fabulous skyline...the first word ever spoken from the moon: Houston...."

This would happen every day. I was lucky to make it out of there. If I owned a farm in Texas and a condo in hell, I'd sell the farm and move into the condo.

Every Sunday evening or Monday morning, does it switch back to "Houston, we have a problem." ?

:laugh:

That's awesome. "...the first word ever spoken from the moon: Houston..." followed by "we have a problem." I know, I know. Allow me my revisionist history. It's filed under Alternative History/Fantasy in the Fiction section of your local library.

Still, Houston is by far the class of that division. I have a gut feeling Indy will regress this year. They didn't have a draft anyone's gushing about, and their superstar quarterback wasn't really all that great stat-wise. He threw a ton of interceptions, that while typical of a rookie, are errors he'd better figure out how to correct before teams get enough film on him. He feels an awful lot like a Kevin Kolb to me. Fantastic for a season or so worth of games, and then not so hot once teams figured him out. Houston is far more complete a team.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3w6njhtu said:
KCHawkGirl":3w6njhtu said:
So I'm not insane to think we will be 6-0 going into Arizona? (That's my current prediction).

KC, we're going to blow out a lot of teams next year. I'm not going to claim an undefeated season but i can see those ass hat 72 Dolphins popping champaign to our first loss next year.
Please call me Jo or Johanna though I prefer Jo, KC reminds me of those ugly yellow truck lights.:)

Anyway, I can see 16-0 but I neither count or bet on it because our schedule is ridiculous. I think 14-2 is realistic as long as we remain healthy otherwise it will be 12-4.

Sac

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":38t9xelg said:
SacHawk2.0":38t9xelg said:
KCHawkGirl":38t9xelg said:

Please call me Jo or Johanna though I prefer Jo, KC reminds me of those ugly yellow truck lights.:)

Anyway, I can see 16-0 but I neither count or bet on it because our schedule is ridiculous. I think 14-2 is realistic as long as we remain healthy otherwise it will be 12-4.

Hey Jo,

Uploadfromtaptalk1368163313525

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Indy wasn't necessarily good to begin with. They won 11 games and in dramatic fashion but historically, those 4th quarter heroics aren't a sustainable method for winning from year to year. They also ranked badly, like bottom 1/3 of the league badly, on team DVOA if I'm not mistaken.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":3a8gbq30 said:
Indy wasn't necessarily good to begin with. They won 11 games and in dramatic fashion but historically, those 4th quarter heroics aren't a sustainable method for winning from year to year. They also ranked badly, like bottom 1/3 of the league badly, on team DVOA if I'm not mistaken.
I know statistically they suck and had a creampuff schedule and are in a weak division but my thinking is driven by the fact that they are our second 10am game in a row and that Luck is as good as Wilson. I think we beat them regardless but it will far closer than it should be.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":31lbthyq said:
Luck is not as good as Wilson, and neither is the team surrounding him.
Not ready to agree on the first but the second? It's a no brainer!

This season is going to show who is the real deal among the "Young 5". I believe it will be Wilson because of his SB victory and the fact I prefer shorter guys with huge hands......what?

uncle fester

Reaction score
Texans game will be a fight. I hope lessons have been learned from the Lions & Dolphins games last season.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Alot of homer in this thread. Luck is not going to have a sophmore slump. There is nothing to figure out about the guy. he is an A-typical pocket passer with good vision and ice running through his veins in crunch time. He is definitely on the same level as Wilson from a slightly different style. Will the Colts improve over last season? I don't know. thay had the easiest schedule in the league last year so a tougher schedule will likely even out the improvements from team chemistry gained. I suspect a 10-6 season and maybe a WC spot.

Houston is anything but one dimensional. Schaub is the opposite of luck in crunch time but when he is rolling he is a good QB. They have a good running game to compliment their passing game and a very good defense. I don't know how they do this season but I suspect the win their division.

If the Texans pick up were they left off last season then we get a W but if the start the way they did last season it will be a dogfight that IMO we will be lucky to win given the 10am start. Second week against Indy I feel a little more comfortable as I think our defense will keep it close and as long as it is close we will win the second half.

My gut says we go 1-1 in that two game stretch and I wouldn't be disappointed if we did. Hoping for the best but that is the toughest part of a very tough schedule. Thanks NFL scheduling, I guess this is one way to create parity.

hidn

Reaction score
Aros":1u92sg66 said:
In years past I would be absolutely cringing over all the hype. This year? I feel like Mel Gibson in Braveheart with my face painted blue leading the troops into battle.

No. Fear.

Do you get to shoot fireballs from your arse at least?

BlueTalons

Reaction score
So I am going to go out on a limb and say that emotion has a BIG part of many games. It is why good teams lose to bad ones. Indy had a whole emotional SEASON!

The reason that will cause us to lose games is because the other team is on an emotional high for the entire game. It's the reason I could see us losing on MNF to St. Louis.

And the interesting thing about the Texans in '12...they got SMOKED by the two NFC teams that played them IN HOUSTON!

Hawks46

Reaction score
What bothers me about Houston is that they got murdered by every playoff team they faced. Physically dominated, just smoked.

What I saw from them when I watched the first Patriots game was two things: they are physical against lesser competition, but fold against greater competition. The Pats aren't a physically dominating team; they have a good OL, they work the run game more than they historically have, and they beat the hell out of you schematically. If they find a weakness, they exploit it....all game. Houston didn't even belong in that 1st game in NE.

2nd thing, I don't think that team handles pressure really well. They hyped up the Pats game as the "most important game in their franchise history" and then went out and crapped the bed. I don't know what it is, as it's intangible. It could be Shaub, but honestly his WRs just flat out sucked that game. Andre Johnson didn't look like himself. If we come rolling in there 2-1 or 3-0, there's going to be hype in that game if they've had success as well.

We've proven last year that we can win on the road. I think we've exorcised those demons with this squad, and they have a swagger and confidence no matter where they play. Houston hasn't proven to this point that they can handle a high pressured game. I am not disrespecting them, as they're a very good team, but I honestly think the Seahawks crush their will that game and win pretty big.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
While I'm a little surprised we are road favorites against a good team, the Texans didn't exactly finish the season very strong; pretty much the inverse of seattle. They barely overcame an anemic Bengals team at home in the playoffs before getting their asses pounded by the Pats.

Over the last four weeks of the season, the Seahawks went 4-0 with an average score of 43-11 while the Texans went 1-3 with a score of 16-28.

not sure why it's that far fetched.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hawks46":3q450qh1 said:
What bothers me about Houston is that they got murdered by every playoff team they faced. Physically dominated, just smoked.

they did beat the eventual superbowl champion ravens handily, and also beat the broncos.