Maywether fight.

bryantology79

Reaction score
pehawk":25u63pwf said:
Shaz":25u63pwf said:
I don't see Canelo doing much against Floyd, his stamina is very suspect and I don't know how he would handle someone as defensively elite and much faster than him with great counterpunching

You're right, BUT, I envision something very similar to the Sergio/Chavez Jr fight. IF, and its a big IF, Canelo could hang a bit, he could lean on Mayweather enough to get at least 1 round to wail away.

FWIW, what Garcia did to Chavez Jr, is the best exhibition of skill I've seen in YEARS. If you haven't seen that fight, watch it. The whole fight's great...and the 12th round was the best round of 2012.

you mean sergio martinez. yeah that was a crazy fight with chavez jr. but at his age, a catch weight fight with floyd could be a disaster. he almost (and probably should've) lost against murray a few weeks ago.

danny garcia would be my pick for floyds next fight. canelo needs to develop some more and khan is the atlanta falcons of boxing.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I meant Martinez. My bad. My racism and half-baked attention got the best of me.

Subzero717

Reaction score
pehawk":7nkt9yvi said:
Agree Cali, I LOVE watching Bhop and Floyd. Although, BHop's more a grinder/hustler in the ring, still great just different.

My DREAM fight for Floyd would be Sergio, but the weight differential would make Floyd a sure loser. Canelo may cause some issues for Floyd. I LOVE Amir, the person and fighter, but he wouldn't stand a chance.

Completely different B-hop and Money. I was just speaking to most think both are incredibly boring to watch. I find masterful technicians. Very different technicians but for me watching the dominance and superior skill level and "ring generalship" is a joy.

Right now I don't see a fight for Floyd. Sergio is a mismatch size. He's going to fight in November so there is time for someone to emerge.

pehawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":25ml3h4i said:
Mayweather in talks with Canelo for fight in November.

Hmm, not a bad fight, actually. Mayweather will almost certainly win.

But Canelo could pull some BHop-hugging, lean his weight for 7 rounds, and HOPE that wears down Floyd's speed enough to land a power shot.