Texans over hawks book it

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Texans over hawks book it
Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm
  • [urlTargetBlank][/urlTargetBlank]http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/05/texans-over-seahawks-week-4-book-it/

Houston fan upset they are underdogs at home
    GO HAWKS
    CHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Texans over hawks book it
Thu May 09, 2013 5:21 pm

Thu May 09, 2013 5:24 pm
  • Thanks
    GO HAWKS
    CHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Thu May 09, 2013 5:54 pm
  • Honestly, that line seems pretty crazy. Not that I am betting against the Hawks but that line will change.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 5:59 pm
  • CHawk wrote:Houston fan upset they are underdogs at home

He'll learn in time this year that every fans' knee will bow to the Seahawks. Book it!
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu May 09, 2013 5:59 pm
  • I'll be there in person. Hoping for a Hawks win.
    RobBaker7714409
    NET Rookie

Thu May 09, 2013 6:08 pm
  • Seriously?

"I can’t remember a contest I was more sure of than the Texans winning a home game against the Seahawks."
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Thu May 09, 2013 6:23 pm
  • Reminds me of Jerry Jones firing Rob Ryan because the Cowboys lost to the Seahawks.

Watch out Wade.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 6:23 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:Seriously?

"I can’t remember a contest I was more sure of than the Texans winning a home game against the Seahawks."

No shit. Considering Jacksonville is in their division, that's some pretty bad hyperbole.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 6:30 pm
  • Ummm...who are the TEXANS? Is that an expansion franchise?
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 6:44 pm
  • The Texans are underdogs in a whole THREE games this year? :angry017:

The three games they're underdogs to are the previous year's two Super Bowl teams and a team counted by many as the #1 best team in the league this year and one of the strongest Super Bowl contenders? If I were a Texans fan, I'd think that pretty decent odds-making.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu May 09, 2013 6:56 pm
  • LOL, the Texans were steamrolled by almost every playoff team they played last year. Must be nice to be gifted four wins by playing Tennessee and Jacksonville.

They'd be 7-9, at best, if they replaced the Cardinals in the NFC West. Book it.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 7:05 pm
  • I'm going to this game. Can't wait.
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 7:11 pm
  • They're a damn good team. Elite team? No.

Don't blame their fans for such transgressions and lapses of sanity. I went to U of Houston (it was just the best deal). It is a place where they brain wash people. Every sweltering morning, some bizarre voice would take over the radio waves with some rambling, zombie like message that went "Houston...you have a lot to be proud of, your fabulous skyline...the first word ever spoken from the moon: Houston...."

This would happen every day. I was lucky to make it out of there. If I owned a farm in Texas and a condo in hell, I'd sell the farm and move into the condo.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 7:25 pm
  • In years past I would be absolutely cringing over all the hype. This year? I feel like Mel Gibson in Braveheart with my face painted blue leading the troops into battle.

No. Fear.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu May 09, 2013 7:40 pm
  • Watch them lose to the Lams...
    FormerEvil
    NET Practice Squad

Thu May 09, 2013 7:49 pm
  • "westsidebill 11:04 AM on May 9, 2013
    Something tells me an offseason of video on Russell Wilson - and a slight change in luck in a few close games - and Seattle may be looking 8-8 or worse rather than 12-4"

This is funny. I read it as:

"Something tells me an offseason of Russell Wilson in the video room - and a slight change in luck in a few close games - and Seattle is looking at 14-2 or better rather than 11-5"
    FormerEvil
    NET Practice Squad

Thu May 09, 2013 7:53 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:LOL, the Texans were steamrolled by almost every playoff team they played last year. Must be nice to be gifted four wins by playing Tennessee and Jacksonville.

They'd be 7-9, at best, if they replaced the Cardinals in the NFC West. Book it.

That has been a cupcake division. Even Indy has been inconsistent and lucky, and they were an 11-5 playoff team. I think they're handicapped about right there. I could see anywhere from +1 to -1 for the Seahawks. That line has us as four point favorites on a neutral ground. Maybe a little high, but with their record against well-rounded, talented, top teams in the league, that could be pretty accurate. Might have to ask a Texans fan buddy of mine what he thinks.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu May 09, 2013 8:17 pm
  • HawkWow wrote:They're a damn good team. Elite team? No.

Don't blame their fans for such transgressions and lapses of sanity. I went to U of Houston (it was just the best deal). It is a place where they brain wash people. Every sweltering morning, some bizarre voice would take over the radio waves with some rambling, zombie like message that went "Houston...you have a lot to be proud of, your fabulous skyline...the first word ever spoken from the moon: Houston...."

This would happen every day. I was lucky to make it out of there. If I owned a farm in Texas and a condo in hell, I'd sell the farm and move into the condo.

Every Sunday evening or Monday morning, does it switch back to "Houston, we have a problem." ?
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 8:29 pm
  • I am far more worried about Indianapolis than Houston given they have a quarterback right at Wilson's level and are the backend of that roadtrip. Houston is one dimensional.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 8:36 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:I am far more worried about Indianapolis than Houston given they have a quarterback right at Wilson's level and are the backend of that roadtrip. Houston is one dimensional.

I have to disagree. Indy has no defense. Houston has both offense and defense.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu May 09, 2013 8:53 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:I am far more worried about Indianapolis than Houston given they have a quarterback right at Wilson's level and are the backend of that roadtrip. Houston is one dimensional.

I can understand that but fact is we can match Houston defensively and because Schaub is just ok we are Houston's worst nightmare . Now Luck like Wilson is dynamic and can carry a team by himself. Couple that with being the second road game in the set....it worries me.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 8:55 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:I am far more worried about Indianapolis than Houston given they have a quarterback right at Wilson's level and are the backend of that roadtrip. Houston is one dimensional.

I can understand that but fact is we can match Houston defensively and because Schaub is just ok we are Houston's worst nightmare . Now Luck like Wilson is dynamic and can carry a team by himself. Couple that with being the second road game in the set....it worries me.

Our defense led the league in points against last year when we had an anemic pass rush. Luck doesn't scare, me one little bit. We're going to blow out the Colts.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu May 09, 2013 9:01 pm
  • So I'm not insane to think we will be 6-0 going into Arizona? (That's my current prediction).
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 9:07 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:So I'm not insane to think we will be 6-0 going into Arizona? (That's my current prediction).

KC, we're going to blow out a lot of teams next year. I'm not going to claim an undefeated season but i can see those ass hat 72 Dolphins popping champaign to our first loss next year.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu May 09, 2013 9:14 pm
  • SE174 wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:They're a damn good team. Elite team? No.

Every Sunday evening or Monday morning, does it switch back to "Houston, we have a problem." ?

:laugh:

That's awesome. "...the first word ever spoken from the moon: Houston..." followed by "we have a problem." I know, I know. Allow me my revisionist history. It's filed under Alternative History/Fantasy in the Fiction section of your local library.

Still, Houston is by far the class of that division. I have a gut feeling Indy will regress this year. They didn't have a draft anyone's gushing about, and their superstar quarterback wasn't really all that great stat-wise. He threw a ton of interceptions, that while typical of a rookie, are errors he'd better figure out how to correct before teams get enough film on him. He feels an awful lot like a Kevin Kolb to me. Fantastic for a season or so worth of games, and then not so hot once teams figured him out. Houston is far more complete a team.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu May 09, 2013 9:17 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:So I'm not insane to think we will be 6-0 going into Arizona? (That's my current prediction).

KC, we're going to blow out a lot of teams next year. I'm not going to claim an undefeated season but i can see those ass hat 72 Dolphins popping champaign to our first loss next year.

Please call me Jo or Johanna though I prefer Jo, KC reminds me of those ugly yellow truck lights.:)

Anyway, I can see 16-0 but I neither count or bet on it because our schedule is ridiculous. I think 14-2 is realistic as long as we remain healthy otherwise it will be 12-4.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 9:21 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:So I'm not insane to think we will be 6-0 going into Arizona? (That's my current prediction).

Please call me Jo or Johanna though I prefer Jo, KC reminds me of those ugly yellow truck lights.:)

Anyway, I can see 16-0 but I neither count or bet on it because our schedule is ridiculous. I think 14-2 is realistic as long as we remain healthy otherwise it will be 12-4.

Hey Jo,

uploadfromtaptalk1368163313525.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368163313525.jpg (8.03 KiB) Viewed 574 times
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu May 09, 2013 9:23 pm
  • Indy wasn't necessarily good to begin with. They won 11 games and in dramatic fashion but historically, those 4th quarter heroics aren't a sustainable method for winning from year to year. They also ranked badly, like bottom 1/3 of the league badly, on team DVOA if I'm not mistaken.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 9:36 pm
  • Doin' well Sac.:)
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 9:44 pm
  • BirdsCommaAngry wrote:Indy wasn't necessarily good to begin with. They won 11 games and in dramatic fashion but historically, those 4th quarter heroics aren't a sustainable method for winning from year to year. They also ranked badly, like bottom 1/3 of the league badly, on team DVOA if I'm not mistaken.

I know statistically they suck and had a creampuff schedule and are in a weak division but my thinking is driven by the fact that they are our second 10am game in a row and that Luck is as good as Wilson. I think we beat them regardless but it will far closer than it should be.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 9:47 pm
  • Luck is not as good as Wilson, and neither is the team surrounding him.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu May 09, 2013 9:58 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Luck is not as good as Wilson, and neither is the team surrounding him.

Not ready to agree on the first but the second? It's a no brainer!

This season is going to show who is the real deal among the "Young 5". I believe it will be Wilson because of his SB victory and the fact I prefer shorter guys with huge hands......what?
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 3:09 am
  • Texans game will be a fight. I hope lessons have been learned from the Lions & Dolphins games last season.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 4:29 am
  • Alot of homer in this thread. Luck is not going to have a sophmore slump. There is nothing to figure out about the guy. he is an A-typical pocket passer with good vision and ice running through his veins in crunch time. He is definitely on the same level as Wilson from a slightly different style. Will the Colts improve over last season? I don't know. thay had the easiest schedule in the league last year so a tougher schedule will likely even out the improvements from team chemistry gained. I suspect a 10-6 season and maybe a WC spot.

Houston is anything but one dimensional. Schaub is the opposite of luck in crunch time but when he is rolling he is a good QB. They have a good running game to compliment their passing game and a very good defense. I don't know how they do this season but I suspect the win their division.

If the Texans pick up were they left off last season then we get a W but if the start the way they did last season it will be a dogfight that IMO we will be lucky to win given the 10am start. Second week against Indy I feel a little more comfortable as I think our defense will keep it close and as long as it is close we will win the second half.

My gut says we go 1-1 in that two game stretch and I wouldn't be disappointed if we did. Hoping for the best but that is the toughest part of a very tough schedule. Thanks NFL scheduling, I guess this is one way to create parity.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 7:39 am
  • Aros wrote:In years past I would be absolutely cringing over all the hype. This year? I feel like Mel Gibson in Braveheart with my face painted blue leading the troops into battle.

No. Fear.

Do you get to shoot fireballs from your arse at least?
    hidn
    NET Starter

Fri May 10, 2013 8:09 am
  • So I am going to go out on a limb and say that emotion has a BIG part of many games. It is why good teams lose to bad ones. Indy had a whole emotional SEASON!

The reason that will cause us to lose games is because the other team is on an emotional high for the entire game. It's the reason I could see us losing on MNF to St. Louis.

And the interesting thing about the Texans in '12...they got SMOKED by the two NFC teams that played them IN HOUSTON!
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 9:18 am
  • What bothers me about Houston is that they got murdered by every playoff team they faced. Physically dominated, just smoked.

What I saw from them when I watched the first Patriots game was two things: they are physical against lesser competition, but fold against greater competition. The Pats aren't a physically dominating team; they have a good OL, they work the run game more than they historically have, and they beat the hell out of you schematically. If they find a weakness, they exploit it....all game. Houston didn't even belong in that 1st game in NE.

2nd thing, I don't think that team handles pressure really well. They hyped up the Pats game as the "most important game in their franchise history" and then went out and crapped the bed. I don't know what it is, as it's intangible. It could be Shaub, but honestly his WRs just flat out sucked that game. Andre Johnson didn't look like himself. If we come rolling in there 2-1 or 3-0, there's going to be hype in that game if they've had success as well.

We've proven last year that we can win on the road. I think we've exorcised those demons with this squad, and they have a swagger and confidence no matter where they play. Houston hasn't proven to this point that they can handle a high pressured game. I am not disrespecting them, as they're a very good team, but I honestly think the Seahawks crush their will that game and win pretty big.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 9:31 am
  • While I'm a little surprised we are road favorites against a good team, the Texans didn't exactly finish the season very strong; pretty much the inverse of seattle. They barely overcame an anemic Bengals team at home in the playoffs before getting their asses pounded by the Pats.

Over the last four weeks of the season, the Seahawks went 4-0 with an average score of 43-11 while the Texans went 1-3 with a score of 16-28.

not sure why it's that far fetched.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 9:32 am
  • Hawks46 wrote:What bothers me about Houston is that they got murdered by every playoff team they faced. Physically dominated, just smoked.

they did beat the eventual superbowl champion ravens handily, and also beat the broncos.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 9:33 am
  • Hawks46 wrote:2nd thing, I don't think that team handles pressure really well. They hyped up the Pats game as the "most important game in their franchise history" and then went out and crapped the bed. I don't know what it is, as it's intangible. It could be Shaub, but honestly his WRs just flat out sucked that game. Andre Johnson didn't look like himself.

They also blew their first round bye after losing by 12 to the Colts who had absolutely nothing to play for at that point.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 am
  • Hawknballs wrote:
    Hawks46 wrote:What bothers me about Houston is that they got murdered by every playoff team they faced. Physically dominated, just smoked.

they did beat the eventual superbowl champion ravens handily, and also beat the broncos.

Eh. That was the week after Ray Lewis tore his tricep, and everyone thought he was done. The Broncos weren't very good at the beginning of the season either. Manning didn't have his strength/confidence yet. All their losses came in the first five weeks. Packers, Patriots and Vikings straight up abused the Texans.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 9:47 am
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:
    Hawks46 wrote:What bothers me about Houston is that they got murdered by every playoff team they faced. Physically dominated, just smoked.

Eh. That was the week after Ray Lewis tore his tricep, and everyone thought he was done. The Broncos weren't very good at the beginning of the season either. Manning didn't have his strength/confidence yet. All their losses came in the first five weeks. Packers, Patriots and Vikings straight up abused the Texans.

Can't really say they "murdered every playoff team they faced" though if you're just going to disqualify a couple of them? (I know you weren't the one who said that but you're qualifying it)
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 9:49 am
  • OK, so like, me and wifeypoo going to this game on an invite from my very-gracious landlord. You know the type; has 6-8 season tickets on the club-level, oil exploration dude, drives Corvettes. They do the tailgating thing for about three hours before the game. RV' with awnings and tents, barbeque sizzling, cold beers, and of course, the Bloody Marys.

Anyhow, we are going to be the two heavily-Seahawks-clad fans sitting amongst a sea of affluent Texans fans above the 40-yard line, or so. We would be absolutely stoked to hook up with anybody on the board for beers and so forth.

Who's all going?
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine

Remembering "The Radish" :les:
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Fri May 10, 2013 10:23 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:OK, Who's all going?

See NYCoug's thread about going to every game on the sched for your answer.

OR:

Myself
    Dom
    MysterMatt
    Seatown81
    FlyingGreg
    RockHawk
    Aros
    HoustonHawk (of course)
    NYCoug
    Hasselbeck
    Barthawk
    Have all tentatively committed to Houston.

My apologies to any I have left off the list.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Fri May 10, 2013 11:18 am
  • That will definitely be a very tough game for us.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:43 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information