Greg Scruggs Torn ACL???

kidhawk

Reaction score
That is the first time I've heard that report. I wonder how he did it? Makes me all the more glad we have really improved that line in free agency and the draft.

polarbill1999

Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping he would be a clone of Michael Bennett this year and give us 2 + players who can play 5T on running downs and 3T on passing downs.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Looks like it might be true. Clayton and 710 are also reporting it...

710 ESPN Seattle‏@710ESPNSeattle5m
RT @BradyHenderson: Source confirms that #Seahawks DE Greg Scruggs recently tore his ACL, as @ClaytonESPN reported earlier. No surgery yet.

JKent82

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that too. Definitely no mention of it on his twitter. Bummed out, hopefully he recovers alright.

(Also I'm holding out there was some confusion and his knee is perfectly fine)

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Dang! Was looking forward to seeing him play more and improve after a decent rookie year. Next man up.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I was also excited to see his improvement from year 1 to year 2. He'll probably spend the year on IR and get a shot next year, with Bennett a FA next year.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Had his surgery today apparently:

Liz Mathews 710 ESPN‏@Liz_Mathews3m
Per the #Seahawks, Greg Scruggs underwent arthroscopic right knee reconstruction on his ACL today at Seattle Surgery Center.

kearly

Reaction score
Wow, how often do NFL players get torn ACLs in April?

drdiags

Reaction score
Saw where the injury occurred prior to the draft. Could explain why they went DT in the first few picks and brought in 2 more guys after losing Jones and Branch. Saw a note that says the team has 8 DTs of the 90 players on the roster right now.

EDIT: On the good side, maybe this will prevent some of the optimists from posting about how injury-free the team is?

HawkWow

Reaction score
Tough break. I feel terrible for this kid.

NFL= Not For Long. He may never see another snap south of the border. I wish him well in his recovery.

SE174

Reaction score
Damn, that sucks. Scruggs is a good dude. Hope he has a speedy recovery and gets another shot with us next year.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
This is actually significant. He's got more athletic ability than the vast majority of DL his size and actually was smart enough to absorb enough of the defense to get on the field. He looked to be a bigger contributor this year.

We'll be fine, but Scruggs is a good ball player. He'll be missed.

Jville

Reaction score
This is not the kind of news I'm looking for when I check in with seahawks.net

DanejaHawk

Reaction score
Man, that is absolutely no bueno. I had some high hopes for Greg this season. Scruggs lives in the same condo complex as some friends of mine in Issaquah, so I've seen and talked to him a few times recently. He was looking big, and sounded ready to make some things happen this year. Also the dude could not be a nicer, more genuine individual. I'm raising my glass to speedy recovery :thirishdrinkers: