fan "predict the season" pointing to Manning V. Wilson SB

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2hfugkr4 said:
I think there's a basic misunderstanding here of what "knocked out" means; but, whatevs.

Objectively or subjectively? :stirthepot:

Sorry man, couldn't resist. I realize it isn't the literal meaning of him losing consciousness, but more so that he was taken out of the game due to an injury.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I wasn't referring to the being knocked unconscious part. Saying someone was knocked out of a game can just mean from any sort of general injury, but it specifically implies that someone else did the action to him to cause it. He wasn't knocked out by a Jedi utilizing the Force, he planted at a bad angle on a terrible field and took himself out of the game. ;)

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":213jxnzs said:
I wasn't referring to the being knocked unconscious part. Saying someone was knocked out of a game can just mean from any sort of general injury, but it specifically implies that someone else did the action to him to cause it. He wasn't knocked out by a Jedi utilizing the Force, he planted at a bad angle on a terrible field and took himself out of the game. ;)

I disagree, the turf monster is real, and it's home base is FedEx field.

TwilightError

Reaction score
This has to be the most jinxed expectation ever. With the kind of talk I'm constantly hearing, I figure its best to put my money on Hawks missing the playoffs... ;)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TwilightError":34rhnksh said:
This has to be the most jinxed expectation ever. With the kind of talk I'm constantly hearing, I figure its best to put my money on Hawks missing the playoffs... ;)
Russell Wilson thinks you're full of sh*t.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The Broncos-Seahawks match-up is a pretty fair bet. It was last year, too, based on odds. Hardly a stretch to say it could easily happen. And an NFC Championship game of SF at SEA would indeed be epic. The only thing I can think of that has come close is the old SF-DAL NFC Championship match-ups, and those didn't pit hated division rivals against each other. Man, that would be awesome.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I am in the minority that believes Baltimore will be better this year than they were in the last. And one should never discount Brady and his Pats. I don't feel either team vastly improved their (off season) stock the way we did, but Brady has done more with less and I definitely feel there was a method to (what some believed) Harbaugh's madness.

3 way race in the AFC, 3 way race in the NFC. HFA will (likely) be decided in the last 2 weeks for all parties involved. It's gonna' be a thrilla'.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1ynxvhkt said:
The Broncos-Seahawks match-up is a pretty fair bet. It was last year, too, based on odds. Hardly a stretch to say it could easily happen. And an NFC Championship game of SEA at SF would indeed be epic. The only thing I can think of that has come close is the old SF-DAL NFC Championship match-ups, and those didn't pit hated division rivals against each other. Man, that would be awesome.

Fixed it for ya. Since for the sake of competition we would want a fair fight, and not one that WOULD be swayed due to stadium design. :th2thumbs:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
NinerLifer":33rjlgrc said:
Seahawk Sailor":33rjlgrc said:
The Broncos-Seahawks match-up is a pretty fair bet. It was last year, too, based on odds. Hardly a stretch to say it could easily happen. And an NFC Championship game of SEA at SF would indeed be epic. The only thing I can think of that has come close is the old SF-DAL NFC Championship match-ups, and those didn't pit hated division rivals against each other. Man, that would be awesome.

Fixed it for ya. Since for the sake of competition we would want a fair fight, and not one that WOULD be swayed due to stadium design.
You could have done the same, just sayin'.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1buriklx said:
Fixed it for ya. Since for the sake of competition we would want a fair fight, and not one that WOULD be swayed due to stadium design. :th2thumbs:

Nobody ever brings up the fact that domes reflect more noise than the rain protector overhangs do at our place, and we're still the loudest. I know it must suck having your rival be the loudest fan base in professional sports, but deal with it.

8)

NinerLifer

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2gljiqnl said:
NinerLifer":2gljiqnl said:
Seahawk Sailor":2gljiqnl said:

Fixed it for ya. Since for the sake of competition we would want a fair fight, and not one that WOULD be swayed due to stadium design.
You could have done the same, just sayin'.

If I was the designer, you better believe that crowd noise maximizing qualities would have definitely been worked in.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
NinerLifer":13tsm554 said:
Seahawk Sailor":13tsm554 said:

:laugh: Yea, that'd be epic too. Wouldn't have quite the impact without the announcers mentioning every five minutes how astonished they are at the noise, but that would probably be offset by the impact of a tough road win.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
If I had to make a bet right now, with my life savings on who would be the next Super Bowl teams, it would be very difficult for me to choose between SF and SEA from the NFC against the Broncos.

I think the Broncos will be better than the Pats. I think Pey-Pey will probably go on a tear in whatvis likely to be one of his last chances to win another one.

The SEA/SF pick is just too close, but I would have to slightly lean to SF and I mean slightly. As the 5 seed? I doubt SEA makes it, as the 1 or 2 in the NFC I would make the Hawks pick without a doubt.

The Niners do have a seemingly easier road schedule and that is the only real concern. That said, I think that SEA wins one of the road games against either the Texans or NYG.

bellingerga

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2855j0n4 said:
FlyingGreg":2855j0n4 said:
peachesenregalia":2855j0n4 said:
LOL, us over the Skins again in the Wild card round

And we know how that would turn out, since the Skins are our post-season b*tches!

Gonna end up with RGIII KTFO.....again.

I hope not. I don't want The skins fans to have any excuses after their team loses again.

I am so done with the days when we had to hope the other team had injuries and bad luck just to have a shot at winning games.

We have a team that can go into a big game against any team, fully healthy or not, and win.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Well you guys suprised alot of us here at NFL.com taking the Seahawks over the Niners?

Why is NFL.com pimping the Niners so heavily?

I picked Seattle as well, the reason? Matchups.

WTH? Not that Seattle is the better team. Oh no in fact he was all about he believes the Niners are the best team in the league but Seattle will only beat them because of match ups.

Add stuff like this to the NFL power rankings (which only consisted on one person? Not really a poll NFL.com) and ranking the Niners #1. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the actual ranking. I am fine if someone has that opinion but to call it a power poll or power ranking when it is nothing more than an opinion stinks of trying to color up that opinion to make it sound more valid.

Then throw in the schedule with the Niners in back to back years getting flexed out of any 10am game that could be a challenge and sticking Seattle with every single tough road opponent at 10am including a Frikken playoff game and this all smells to much like the NFL has an agenda. Lets not forget that Mike Carey s crew (almost typed screw) was slotted to officiate the super bowl. There is no way in hell that that crew is close to the best in the NFL but they do have a track record for screwing over the Seahawks.

I'm sure some will call me paranoid but I have yet to see the NFL do anything that resemble fair play or respect towards the Seahawks and at every turn they are propping up the Niners and seemingly assisting them.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Myseriously, since it began the 'predict the season' has been on the top of the NFL.com front page but suddenly disappeared over the weekend.

I guess they saw who was leading the poll and decided to shelve it.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Hawknballs":6hsbw3p0 said:
Myseriously, since it began the 'predict the season' has been on the top of the NFL.com front page but suddenly disappeared over the weekend.

I guess they saw who was leading the poll and decided to shelve it.

Yeah I noticed no video recap also, just congrats Seahawks. Seemed odd they didn't do a recap video and made me wonder if it had been the Niners (that they were pimping even in the Bronco's Seahawks match up) that they would have put together a video.

Is anyone else noting how NFL.com and the NFL in general seem to really be pushing the Niners at every chance? Just look at the schedule this year and last. They seem to be trying their best to help them in any way they can. Or maybe they just don't like Seattle. I don't know.

Did anyone else notice that the NFL assigned Mike Carey to officiate the super bowl? Considering his track record of screwing over the Seahawks in every single game he has officiated the last decade and the fact his crew is no where near the best in football. It made me wonder if there was a plan in place should the Seahawks make the super bowl.

I know some will say it's paranoia but I just can't help but notice all these coincidences.