Seahawks Read Option debut

Cartire

Reaction score
So I just re-watched every single game again with both commentary and all-22 to really analyze the Seahawks throughout the season and I was planning on doing a write up for that here in the future. But in the meantime, I caught something that I think a lot of people overlooked.

The Read-option was very successful for us starting from the Chicago game on and many people (I was included) thought thats were we started using it. We were wrong. The Jets game 2 weeks prior featured it 6 times. And 4 of those times it was a complete failure. Wilson kept it for 3 and handed it off for 3 and 4 of those times made the wrong decision.

My reaction to this was that Wilson saw the mistakes he made on film with it and was able to fix these errors.

Not a spectacular topic, but I thought it was a neat, bored, offseason observation.

hawker84

Reaction score
just the fact that you took the time to watch every game again is impressive in itself.. Kudos

Good Fan

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Interesting. I don't get to watch the Hawks unless they're on National TV so that observation is appreciated.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
That's some good info right there. Love how Wilson seems to never make the same mistake twice.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3cewfof0 said:
That's some good info right there. Love how Wilson seems to never make the same mistake twice.

like the time in the packers game when he underestimated how fast an NFL D-tackle can run and took a sack for not running away full speed. Saw that play unfold and said, "That will never happen to him again.".

RufusPorter

Reaction score
If you go re-watch the Carolina game you'll see a few of those read option plays as well. Again only 4 or 5 plays like Cartire said, but this notion that the read option came later in the season is incorrect.

Using the Carolina game as an example, the option stuff wasn't executed very well and that is probably why so many of us don't remember it.

sutz

Reaction score
1. Very Wilsonian, that he learns from his rare instances of poor play.

2. Very Pete-ish, that he doesn't give up on a strategy just because it didn't work well the first time he tried it.

Thanks for the research and the insight.
:th2thumbs:

A

Anonymous

Cartire,

Did you pull these up on YouTube, or did you have them DVR'd?

drdiags

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":18m7rkc6 said:
Cartire,

He probably has NFL Rewind, since it has the All-22 film. I think renewal is coming up soon, in a month or so.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3cawueho said:
Interesting. I don't get to watch the Hawks unless they're on National TV so that observation is appreciated.

Surely Kansas City has a big sports bar somewhere that can put the game on a TV?

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":38xx2lny said:
Cartire,

I have game rewind. It includes all-22.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the no huddle, hurry up with the addition of Harvin along with the read option. I'm thinking Unstoppable!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3v6u70t5 said:
Haven't really found any Seahawk fans out here to ask and being a non-driver hampers me a bit.
Get NFL rewind. It saved my sanity a few times this season when I couldn't watch the game live on TV -- plus I get to watch the wins about 8-10 times again that week (or later this evening). I forgot exactly how much it costs for the year, but something in the neighborhood of $60-70. If you have enough internet and computer to be active here, you probably have enough to stream the games.