Sounders Season Thread - Sigi is STAYING

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Traore is a centerback....I suggest we keep him on the back, and not on the right flank....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":mkh87998 said:
Traore is a centerback....I suggest we keep him on the back, and not on the right flank....

meant Rosales, was reading a post and typing

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":xvjs55v1 said:
Smurf":xvjs55v1 said:

meant Rosales, was reading a post and typing

To be completely honest, I can see Rosales being gone before EJ. Rosales, while a great player, is an injury prone veteran who won't be with the club next season. Add to the fact that he is taking up a DP slot. I can see Rosales being moved during the summer. Especially considering how stacked our midfield is.

In other news, it sounds like Robbie Rodgers is close to coming out of retirement (he retired a few months ago after coming out that he was Gay). Sigi said that if he was to come out of retirement he'd love to have him. Rodgers played for Sigi at Columbus. Chicago currently hold his rights.

I could see us bringing in both Herc and Rodgers this summer.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
i thought it was funny...

anyways. this team needs scoring. I cant see giving up EJ or Rosales unless more dynamic players come in. While gomez has a nice history of netting goals in Mexico, it hasnt translated to much on the USMNT. Id like him, but not at the expense of proven scorers.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Sounders grab a 2-2 away draw. Last five minutes were a red card festival with three total. Two for the Sounders and one for the Union.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":2ckrgzdj said:
Sounders grab a 2-2 away draw. Last five minutes were a red card festival with three total. Two for the Sounders and one for the Union.

At least they showed fight and desire today. Could tell they wanted it. Frustrated not to be playing well.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Sounders defense is brutal. The Union should have had at least 4 goals that game. The Sounders were very lucky to come away with a draw. The only bright spots on defense is the goalkeeping and Traore. The rest leave a lot to be desired. They are awful. I was impressed with Yedlin earlier but the more I see of him the less I think he's a defender. He may be better off in the midfield. He has a lot of speed and enthusiaism but lets too many guys run by him. Luckily, there's Traore or Gspurning to bail hm out. I know he's young but if Sounders can't score, then they can't afford to give up goals.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seattle absolutely stole a point they didn't deserve yesterday, and the officiating was horrible. That match was an embarrassment to the team and the league.

McG

Reaction score
SeatownJay":xupu4m97 said:
Seattle absolutely stole a point they didn't deserve yesterday, and the officiating was horrible. That match was an embarrassment to the team and the league.

Talk about stealing some points, the game @KC yesterday we won 1-0 in 90+5 stoppage time. Traore scored a excellently timed goal that had KC's GK looking like he was about to cry. Considering there was only 3 minutes of extra time and we scored in the 95th minute on the road, not to mention KC thought traore was off (which we wasn't) I'd say that qualifies as a steal. Maybe the Sounders luck will finally change, this team is a lot better than their record.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
McG":3nn4aklw said:
SeatownJay":3nn4aklw said:

Talk about stealing some points, the game @KC yesterday we won 1-0 in 90+5 stoppage time. Traore scored a excellently timed goal that had KC's GK looking like he was about to cry. Considering there was only 3 minutes of extra time and we scored in the 95th minute on the road, not to mention KC thought traore was off (which we wasn't) I'd say that qualifies as a steal. Maybe the Sounders luck will finally change, this team is a lot better than their record.

Meh, I would not call it a "steal' since there was a blatant handball by KC right by the goal. It was so blatant that backup GK Hahnemann was sent off in the 24th by the fourth referee for complaining about it. I guess that is what happens when you have a 20 game head referee. The fourth referee has only 50 games under his belt. That particular crew is pretty green.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3alemd2r said:
McG":3alemd2r said:
SeatownJay":3alemd2r said:

Meh, I would not call it a "steal' since there was a blatant handball by KC right by the goal. It was so blatant that backup GK Hahnemann was sent off in the 24th by the fourth referee for complaining about it. I guess that is what happens when you have a 20 game head referee. The fourth referee has only 50 games under his belt. That particular crew is pretty green.

so much of that game was "MLS".... but 3 points for the Sounders, and I believe that makes 7 of 9 from the Sounders. Not pretty, but very necessary.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
I agree. It was one of the worst matches that I have watched as far as officiating goes. Even the linesmen were shitting the bed.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seattle has their best match of the year by far, beating San Jose 4-0. And I think it was no coincidence at all that the back line had their best match as a group in the first one that JKH didn't play in.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Great day for the Sounders. Sunshine, a roaring crowd, a clean sheet, and goals. Does it get any better?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3ojfjaot said:
Seattle has their best match of the year by far, beating San Jose 4-0. And I think it was no coincidence at all that the back line had their best match as a group in the first one that JKH didn't play in.

Ditto. Nice to see Neagle have a great game. Hopefully they can keep it up.

MLTHawk

Reaction score
Just came across this thread. I'm a huge sounders fan with season tickets since 2009. The sounders this season have been interesting to say the least. I think we are finally hitting our stride. It will be huge to get Oba fit and playing everyday. What do you think of Neagle? Is he best utilized as the third striker, or when Oba and Eddie are both playing, slide him out wide? I think he has displaced Zak on the striker depth chart, but probably not as a winger. Neagle seemed to disappear when Oba came in last Saturday and he slid over.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
I would be tempted to run a 4-3-3 with Morales, Martinez, and Zak as the mids, EJ, Martins, and Neagle as a forward combo.