Goodbye, Trufant. (Jags signed him)

cacksman

Reaction score
vedthree":nnuopjgt said:
Trufant also isn't a good fit for the Nickel slot/Zone. He's always been much better on the outside, where I suspect he'll have a better shot at playing in JAX.

Nothing but best wishes to him. Tru has been a rock on & off the field for this franchise, community & entire frickin' state for almost 2 decades.

[youtube]WdKavv2sWdI[/youtube]

This still gives me goosebumps.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2m93xkqi said:
themunn":2m93xkqi said:
strange that Gus Bradley would want to take the weak link from the Seattle D to Jacksonville

unless he knows something fans don't...

Could be he knows a Seattle weak link could be a Jacksonville strong suit. Comparatively, anyway.

His value these days lies in his experience. He made a wonderful mentor for our young DB's, and I'm sure Bradley likely wants him to do the same for Jacksonville.

TwilightError

Reaction score
A good move for everyone. I hope Truf plays his best football in Jags. "I'm a Seahawk man". If, and when, we dont re-sign Leroy Hill, there will be no players left from the 2005 super bowl team?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1h4whtw6 said:
kidhawk":1h4whtw6 said:
Always liked Trufant. I think he was undervalued by many of the fans the past season. I wish him nothing but the best in Jacksonville

I'll admit, I didn't like him ever really. Although he wasn't a Ruskell pick.......he reminds me of the Ruskell era. Just my opinion, please don't get your panties in a bunch. I want to forget that time.

He was great in the community, but thought he never lived up to expectations on the field.

This post reaks of jumping to conclusions based upon a lack of Seahawk knowledge and an unwillingness to learn.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
One very important job of a slot corner is stopping the run, and he's above average at that, so he should add to the competition at that spot in Jax. Heck, at that position, he might even be an upgrade for them.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":d4le8jlm said:
Tru was only good maybe 3 yrs other than that he lets the WR catch the ball and gets a tackle. He is a Jag now. Why is this not moved to the NFL forum. I have seen stuffed moved for less.

:roll: Maybe you can apply for the next open mod position.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1u8c7plk said:
T-Sizzle":1u8c7plk said:
kidhawk":1u8c7plk said:
Always liked Trufant. I think he was undervalued by many of the fans the past season. I wish him nothing but the best in Jacksonville

I'll admit, I didn't like him ever really. Although he wasn't a Ruskell pick.......he reminds me of the Ruskell era. Just my opinion, please don't get your panties in a bunch. I want to forget that time.

He was great in the community, but thought he never lived up to expectations on the field.

This post reaks of jumping to conclusions based upon a lack of Seahawk knowledge and an unwillingness to learn.

Please explain why you feel Im jumping to conclusions based on lack of knowledge. Im struggling to see how you would pull all that from an opinion but Im more than willing to dig a little deeper into reasoning behind my own opinions.

I guess I expect more than you do out of the 11th overall pick in a draft. He had one good season (was selected as and All-Pro and made it to the Pro Bowl).... I expect more than one All-Pro selection and one Pro Bowl .... ya he was a long term Seahawk but he was never elite (some may argue his All-Pro season). Do I love what he did outside of football....hell ya, great guy.

When someone disagrees with your opinion it doesn't mean they lack knowledge....just means they have a different perspective then you do. Maybe you are a Coug that lived in Tacoma and love the Trufants...that guy loves Trufant. Doesn't mean something reaks....bruh.

candybars

Reaction score
Largent80":1n7avgdy said:
Bye Marcus, thanks for the memories. One I remember was him flying down the sideline with an INT for a TD in the Wash. playoff game 2007.

Hell yea. I was in Shanghai, China wearing my Trufant jersey watching this game at a bar going nuts. I will always have a man crush on Tru.

I am still going to yell TRUUUU as he comes out on the field even if he is in a Jags uniform. That said, I am bummed he is going to get shredded by our wideouts.

candybars

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":1tvrr2bv said:
Tru was only good maybe 3 yrs other than that he lets the WR catch the ball and gets a tackle. He is a Jag now. Why is this not moved to the NFL forum. I have seen stuffed moved for less.

I bet you know all about getting stuffed.

Sac

Reaction score
candybars":22ujc4k0 said:
425HawkSpark":22ujc4k0 said:

Stuffed with candy bars?

candybars

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":v35xxtj5 said:
candybars":v35xxtj5 said:
425HawkSpark":v35xxtj5 said:

Stuffed with candy bars?

Candybaaaaars

acbass

Reaction score
I don't think it's that Bradley knows anything special, he just has a lack of talent. When you have Sherman on one side, Browner on the other, and Winfield in the slot, Trufant looks very expendable. When you are Jacksonville and have a real lack of talent, Trufant looks like a great addition, and he is. They need help.

vedthree

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":25f32tgf said:
I guess I expect more than you do out of the 11th overall pick in a draft. He had one good season (was selected as and All-Pro and made it to the Pro Bowl).... I expect more than one All-Pro selection and one Pro Bowl .... ya he was a long term Seahawk but he was never elite (some may argue his All-Pro season). Do I love what he did outside of football....hell ya, great guy.

Fair enough, but I'd counter that Pro-Bowls & All-Pro's aren't the best measure of a player's skill, too much political BS. Especially at CB, where voters tend to look at INTs which can often be an indicator that a player's actually getting thrown on a lot or taking chances and giving up just as many big plays.

Trufant had a similar early career to Nnamdi Asomugha - who played top-level ball for 5 seasons before making his first Pro-Bowl or All-Pro list. Both of them went overlooked for so long because their style was not flashy & they didn't generate lots of picks. They just went out and locked down their guy. By the time Trufant finally got a Pro-Bowl nod, he was already deserving of a few more.

IMO, there's a bit of the "Hasselbeck Effect" right now with Tru. He hasn't been the same player since the back injuries first flared up in '09, and because his recent play is still fresh in our minds, it's easy to overlook just how good he was before then.

He locked down a starting job from Day 1 his rookie year, and from that point on was left 1-on-1 vs. the opponent's #1 WR (and in the NFCW that meant battling TO, Boldin, Holt & Bruce all in their primes). Before "Revis Island" became a phrase Sportscenter pounded into everyone's head, Seattle's D worked the same way - half the stuff Rhodes & Marshall did was predicated on the fact that Tru was locking down the Left side of the field. Tru stayed "underrated" for a good 5 years because teams often avoided him.

Shaz

Reaction score
-The Glove-":291fqmmx said:
Best of luck to the eldest Tru. I remember rooting for him in Tacoma even though he was a Wilson Ram and I, a Lincoln Abe. Wish he could've finished his entire football career in WA, but it's obviously getting cramped in the backfield.

I was a Foss Falcon

Omahawk

Reaction score
Good luck, Tru. Thanks for sticking around as long as you did. You're a hometown boy who had his dream come true to play in his own backyard. You had opportunities to go to greener pastures in the past but you showed the local fans respect and stayed. Now it's our turn to show you respect and give you nothing but well-wishes and gratitude. Just because a roster spot on this team isn't yours, this is still your team. You'll always be welcome here.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Kidhawk thanks for those stats, I personally feel he deserves to retire a Seahawk. I have always liked Tru and am bummed to see him go.