NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed May 08, 2013 5:04 pm
  • U so salty
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed May 08, 2013 5:08 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    RealDeal wrote:The kings will be in settle next season.

Yeah, to play the Sonics...oh wait...

Oh wait yea sorry the kings will be in seattle to play as the sonics. The funny thing is you think your funny and you think your keeping your team but seattle will have the last laugh. Remember Binding agreement to buy the team.
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad

Wed May 08, 2013 5:14 pm
  • I've heard people say that Sacramento is in the driver's seat, but I think they're confusing that with the recent study that showed that 80% of Sacramento citizens are living out of their car.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed May 08, 2013 5:38 pm
  • Sure are a lot of mixed signals with this. Brock and Kevin Calabro make it sound like game over. Then there are those who say Hansen is going to take a hard line. Just 7 more days before relocation is voted down or not. The Sacbee article about the NBA suggesting the Sac Group put 100% of their offer into escrow makes it sound like the NBA knows that the Maloofs would take the back-up deal via some type of communication.

The Sacbee is thinking the backup offer could be accepted by the Maloofs and the NBA very soon after rejecting the Hansen purchase. With the amount of speculation flowing around, I am not sure what Hansen and company would do if the purchase is rejected. Earlier posts here made it seem that the key was the Maloofs holding strong with Hansen. The NBA's actions seem pretty strong toward a quick turnaround purchase occurring for the Sac Group.

The newt might get his last laugh.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/08/5405733/nba-encouraging-sacramento-suitors.html
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed May 08, 2013 9:12 pm
  • So Hans I'm curious and I also like to ride emotional rollercoasters. Based on the info YOU KNOW what would you say the odds are that the Kings are playing in Seattle next year? Above 50%?
    ErikG803
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 5:39 am
  • 1 hundo % The Sonics will be back! I just talked to my guy!
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 7:21 am
  • @REGraswich

Inside word is M's have been told to take Sac offer for Kings, period.

Proves anti-trust. The NBA (Stern) is officially scared Hansen might win this.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 7:38 am
  • Who the hell is REGraswich? Oh fine, I'll go look them up...

R.E. Graswich ‏@REGraswich 2h
    Once M's are officially gone, next steps will be much easier to work through. M's out soon.

Very complex site. Lots of details to be worked out. Nothing that can't be solved with patience, expertise & money.

Suspense on sale should end soon, with focus shifting to Downtown Plaza arena plan.

Maloofs have been "told" to take the Sac offer for Kings? Who the hell is this guy?
    Last edited by Laloosh on Thu May 09, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 7:42 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    @REGraswich

Who exactly is going to legally "force" them to sell to the sac group?
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 9:08 am
  • Pstark3 wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    @REGraswich

Who exactly is going to legally "force" them to sell to the sac group?

No one, they can't. But the fact that they are trying to work around Hansen's signed agreement is so illegal.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 9:08 am
    Per Softy's page

Wow
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 9:14 am
  • Ballmer didn't have a plan, it got turned down by the state.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu May 09, 2013 9:18 am
  • If Softy is fighting our battle, we've lost.
    * NET Staff *

Thu May 09, 2013 9:20 am
  • Hawkstorian wrote:If Softy is fighting our battle, we've lost.

It's not softy tweeting
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 9:23 am
  • Good God, it doesn't matter who you are - it's impossible to have a conversation via text or twitter without sounding like a 12 year-old girl.
    I'm sick of chasing after my dreams. I'm just going to find out where they're headed, and catch up with them later.
    - Mitch Hedberg
    vedthree
    * NET Sage *

Thu May 09, 2013 9:27 am
  • vedthree wrote:Good God, it doesn't matter who you are - it's impossible to have a conversation via text or twitter without sounding like a 12 year-old girl.

Lol, at first I thought it was a staged conversation between two non-english speaking kids.
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 9:28 am

Thu May 09, 2013 9:35 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:It's not softy tweeting
    Then who?
    * NET Staff *

Thu May 09, 2013 9:37 am
  • That is the best possible news for Sonics fans.

Remember, it's always the party with the weakest position that makes the most noise. The NBA knew it had no way to stop the sale and that's why they've done everything they can to scare off Hansen. But he hasn't been scared off and all he has to do is follow through, let the NBA hang itself with its own rope (which it is doing in shockingly public fashion).

And why would the other owners vote against the Hansen sale? If they vote against the sale, it devalues their own teams and makes it harder to sell in the future. There's no real benefit for the other owners to go with the Sac deal, but it does present a ton of risk. Generally, billionaires don't become billionaires by taking deals with high risk and low reward.

If I owned a team, I would vote for the sale to Hansen because it's the best offer and makes my own team worth even more. More as in... my team might be valued at $400m now, but the Kings sale puts me up around $700m minimum. It's a no-brainer. And further, I would vote for the sale simply because it actually increases my leverage if I ever want a new arena, or if I want to sell my team.

To reject the Hansen offer would kill any chance for years that any outside party would put an honest bid on an NBA team. All outside parties would know the NBA doesn't negotiate in good faith and wouldn't waste their time. Look at how much the Hansen group has already spent, time and money. Why would any serious interest ever waste that kind of time and money in the future only to be used as a pawn in some arena deal? That's real bad for business. And you can bet the other owners see that, or at least their attorneys will when they prep them for the vote.

Further, this news makes it clear the NBA doesn't plan to block the sale at the BOG meeting.

They know they can't. They understand the significance of the American Needle case. The legal team put together by Hansen will be looking for the biggest antitrust settlement in the history of professional sports. Now just imagine what that case will look like when the Maloofs are named as co-plaintiffs. That's major bad news for the NBA.

And let's think about this from the Maloofs perspective for a second. They've been mocked, humiliated, jerked around, and slandered for years in Sacramento. They're reeling from some business failures, and suddenly a deal is put in front of them that would accomplish 3 things:
    1) It gives them the best offer ever in the history of the NBA for a team = business genius!!
    2) It gives them a ton of cash = fat pockets!!
    3) It allows them to flip the bird squarely at the NBA and Sacramento who have been jointly trying to screw them over for years = last laugh!!

It doesn't take a genius to see what's happening here.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 9:59 am
  • Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 10h
    RT @MickyArison: "My lawyers will be in touch with @Dah_Knee VERY soon. Unacceptable. I am now deleting this tweet."

WOW. That's crazy

:242735:

Edit: in reading some of the replies, it looks like that tweet may have been faked? Either way, @Dah_Knee is going to catch some serious shit from sac fans.
    Last edited by Laloosh on Thu May 09, 2013 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 10:05 am
  • Why does Stern hate Seattle so much? What'd the Sonics ever do to him?

"All the dude ever wanted was his rug back." - Jeff "The Dude" Lebowski
    "FIGHT MILK! The first alcoholic, dairy based, protein drink - for bodyguards, by bodyguards." - Mac
    seaNOmercy
    NET Practice Squad

Thu May 09, 2013 10:08 am
  • seaNOmercy wrote:Why does Stern hate Seattle so much? What'd the Sonics ever do to him?

I think he's just got a gigantic hard-on for Sacramento tbh. He might dislike Seattle, but I don't think that's enough for him to go to such great lengths to block the sale. More about getting what HE wants than denying us what we want.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 10:24 am
  • Hawkstorian wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:It's not softy tweeting
    Then who?

Some Seattle fan on twitter, @Dah_Knee. Mickey Arison followed this fan for some reason and then started sending him direct messages. I guess Dah_Knee tweeted Arison and said he would never go on a carnival cruise again (Arison owns carnival) so Arison followed him and then sent him the direct messages. Dah_Knee sent that screen capture to Softy and Softy posted it on his page.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 10:50 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:Picture
    Per Softy's page

Wow

What Arison is saying in the tweets is that the committee was only voting on a very specific, narrow question: Has Sac done everything to keep the Kings?
    The Seattle ownership and arena deal was never considered. That was not what they were voting on. Who was the individual that drew up the specific question without any consideration of the Seattle side? I wonder. This was just the committee to RECOMEND relo - not the actual relo committee. How will the actual committee's question be framed?
    DYSFUNCTIONAL NINERS WON'T MAKE PLAYOFFS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/?p=6451
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 10:56 am

Thu May 09, 2013 11:50 am
  • It did work, I just edited it so we don't have to scroll through the image again
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Thu May 09, 2013 11:57 am
  • Wait what happened? Why is @Dah_Knee in trouble? Why's Arison threatening him with lawyers?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 12:06 pm
  • He's just trying to bully him, probably going after him for disclosing "confidential" information. And he's trying to cover his ass because Stern is going to rail on him for getting into it on twitter(he's been in trouble before). No NDA was signed of any kind, DAh KNee is not in any trouble
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 12:06 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Wait what happened? Why is @Dah_Knee in trouble? Why's Arison threatening him with lawyers?

He had direct messages on twitter (meaning a private convo) with the owner of the Heat, and then posted them online.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Thu May 09, 2013 12:07 pm
  • Mickey Arison should probably stay off of Twitter. This is the second time he's done this sort of thing. He's the Robert Irsay of the NBA, apparently.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Thu May 09, 2013 1:44 pm
  • Dah_Knee has posted here many times. His avatar used to be DJack with that winter hat on. His wife/fiancee/girlfriend who is/was an officer for the South End Seahawkers I believe also posted here. That was until Lymon made fun of her pictures along with Pink's. Sonia is her name if I remember correctly.

Hope Dah_Knee avoids any issues over the repost of the DMs.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Thu May 09, 2013 2:35 pm
  • While I appreciate his (da knee) efforts, you can tell the dude (owner) was getting irritated, and you can also tell he's the kind of person who 1 seattle fan could piss off and make him vote against the city. So good job! but, in the future cash out before you piss the guy off.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 3:22 pm
  • This explains why the relo comm could vote no without considering any part of the Sonics' side - THEY VOTED ON A NARROW, SPECIFIC QUESTION THAT DID NOT INCLUDE ANYTHNG ABOUT THE SONICS GROUP.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 3:34 pm
  • Well either damn way, NBA should get their lawyers ready because all hell is about to break loose. This is AWESOME news for us in Seattle.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu May 09, 2013 4:08 pm
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:This explains why the relo comm could vote no without considering any part of the Sonics' side - THEY VOTED ON A NARROW, SPECIFIC QUESTION THAT DID NOT INCLUDE ANYTHNG ABOUT THE SONICS GROUP.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 4:21 pm
  • Why is all hell gonna break loose? Is Ballmer going nuclear? I've heard talk that the Maloofs could join the lawsuit and maybe even the NBA players association (that last one was on jammerhead KJR).
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 4:31 pm
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:Why is all hell gonna break loose? Is Ballmer going nuclear? I've heard talk that the Maloofs could join the lawsuit and maybe even the NBA players association (that last one was on jammerhead KJR).

Them telling the Maloofs what to do in this situation is ground for antitrust, its about to go down
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu May 09, 2013 4:44 pm
  • The recent vote was a reccommend. I don't know how the actual relocation vote is structured. There may not be a question. It might just be allow relo yea or nay. Stern might not be able to game the real vote. The relo reccoemend vote might be his only play, and he was hoping Hanson would drop out - that's what all that "bow out gracefully" crap is about, and "Hanson's best chances for a team in the future are to bow out" is a fg threat!
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 5:13 pm
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 5:43 pm
  • This is a wild ass guess but I believe Stern dislikes Key arena som much that he would go to any length to stop a team from playing there. If there was a viable NBA ready arena in Seattle, I don't believe Stern would be as much of a stickler. He doesn't like the Key. Even if it's temporary, he doesn't feel it's a NBA level arena. That's it one thing that Sacramento has over Seattle. They have a NBA arena to play in while a new arena is committed to and built.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Thu May 09, 2013 5:44 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:This is a wild ass guess but I believe Stern dislikes Key arena som much that he would go to any length to stop a team from playing there. If there was a viable NBA ready arena in Seattle, I don't believe Stern would be as much of a stickler. He doesn't like the Key. Even if it's temporary, he doesn't feel it's a NBA level arena. That's it one thing that Sacramento has over Seattle. They have a NBA arena to play in while a new arena is committed to and built.

They actually don't, their arena is like the ShoWare Center.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu May 09, 2013 6:03 pm
  • well this is interesting...the Chris Hansen Should Raise The 12th Man Flag FB page just posted this screenshot
    still trying to find the article it came from but i like the quote from one of KJs top aides "Right now the mood is good riddance"
    Edit: Just to be clear this is an OLD article from the last time they tried to move the kings but it is hilarious that KJs camp would speak of their beloved team like this :roll:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 7:45 pm
  • dunceface wrote:well this is interesting...the Chris Hansen Should Raise The 12th Man Flag FB page just posted this screenshot
    still trying to find the article it came from but i like the quote from one of KJs top aides "Right now the mood is good riddance"
    Edit: Just to be clear this is an OLD article from the last time they tried to move the kings but it is hilarious that KJs camp would speak of their beloved team like this :roll:

Here's the source: http://bayarea.sbnation.com/sacramento- ... -statement
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 7:59 pm
  • Nice thanks!
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 8:26 pm
  • That avatar is very fitting these recent events, dunce. Love it!
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu May 09, 2013 9:04 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:That avatar is very fitting these recent events, dunce. Love it!

The look of jubilation on Hansen's face really sells it.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Thu May 09, 2013 9:07 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:That avatar is very fitting these recent events, dunce. Love it!

The look of jubilation on Hansen's face really sells it.

Yea it do, don't it!

Soon, my friends, soon! We will have the last laugh. Maker my words!
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu May 09, 2013 11:39 pm
  • We can not and will not lose.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2013 6:48 am
  • What do you think of my avatar? Pretty good right.
    salamander
    NET Rookie

Fri May 10, 2013 7:45 am
  • HansGruber wrote:We can not and will not lose.

So, I'm just going to assume that you are plugged in enough to be sure of this.

salamander wrote:What do you think of my avatar? Pretty good right.

It seems sort of desperate and sad. So much like the city of Sacramento itself.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:06 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information