NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
@REGraswich

Inside word is M's have been told to take Sac offer for Kings, period.

Proves anti-trust. The NBA (Stern) is officially scared Hansen might win this.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Who the hell is REGraswich? Oh fine, I'll go look them up...

R.E. Graswich ‏@REGraswich 2h
Once M's are officially gone, next steps will be much easier to work through. M's out soon.

Very complex site. Lots of details to be worked out. Nothing that can't be solved with patience, expertise & money.

Suspense on sale should end soon, with focus shifting to Downtown Plaza arena plan.

Maloofs have been "told" to take the Sac offer for Kings? Who the hell is this guy?

Pstark3

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2b3yvbw4 said:
@REGraswich

Who exactly is going to legally "force" them to sell to the sac group?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Pstark3":3rovb9za said:
Hawkfan77":3rovb9za said:
@REGraswich

Who exactly is going to legally "force" them to sell to the sac group?
No one, they can't. But the fact that they are trying to work around Hansen's signed agreement is so illegal.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
645_1368081132.jpg

Per Softy's page

Wow

vedthree

Reaction score
Good God, it doesn't matter who you are - it's impossible to have a conversation via text or twitter without sounding like a 12 year-old girl.

Laloosh

Reaction score
vedthree":2y5rx6m3 said:
Good God, it doesn't matter who you are - it's impossible to have a conversation via text or twitter without sounding like a 12 year-old girl.

Lol, at first I thought it was a staged conversation between two non-english speaking kids.

HansGruber

Reaction score
That is the best possible news for Sonics fans.

Remember, it's always the party with the weakest position that makes the most noise. The NBA knew it had no way to stop the sale and that's why they've done everything they can to scare off Hansen. But he hasn't been scared off and all he has to do is follow through, let the NBA hang itself with its own rope (which it is doing in shockingly public fashion).

And why would the other owners vote against the Hansen sale? If they vote against the sale, it devalues their own teams and makes it harder to sell in the future. There's no real benefit for the other owners to go with the Sac deal, but it does present a ton of risk. Generally, billionaires don't become billionaires by taking deals with high risk and low reward.

If I owned a team, I would vote for the sale to Hansen because it's the best offer and makes my own team worth even more. More as in... my team might be valued at $400m now, but the Kings sale puts me up around $700m minimum. It's a no-brainer. And further, I would vote for the sale simply because it actually increases my leverage if I ever want a new arena, or if I want to sell my team.

To reject the Hansen offer would kill any chance for years that any outside party would put an honest bid on an NBA team. All outside parties would know the NBA doesn't negotiate in good faith and wouldn't waste their time. Look at how much the Hansen group has already spent, time and money. Why would any serious interest ever waste that kind of time and money in the future only to be used as a pawn in some arena deal? That's real bad for business. And you can bet the other owners see that, or at least their attorneys will when they prep them for the vote.

Further, this news makes it clear the NBA doesn't plan to block the sale at the BOG meeting.

They know they can't. They understand the significance of the American Needle case. The legal team put together by Hansen will be looking for the biggest antitrust settlement in the history of professional sports. Now just imagine what that case will look like when the Maloofs are named as co-plaintiffs. That's major bad news for the NBA.

And let's think about this from the Maloofs perspective for a second. They've been mocked, humiliated, jerked around, and slandered for years in Sacramento. They're reeling from some business failures, and suddenly a deal is put in front of them that would accomplish 3 things:
1) It gives them the best offer ever in the history of the NBA for a team = business genius!!
2) It gives them a ton of cash = fat pockets!!
3) It allows them to flip the bird squarely at the NBA and Sacramento who have been jointly trying to screw them over for years = last laugh!!

It doesn't take a genius to see what's happening here.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 10h
RT @MickyArison: "My lawyers will be in touch with @Dah_Knee VERY soon. Unacceptable. I am now deleting this tweet."

WOW. That's crazy

:242735:

Edit: in reading some of the replies, it looks like that tweet may have been faked? Either way, @Dah_Knee is going to catch some serious shit from sac fans.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
Why does Stern hate Seattle so much? What'd the Sonics ever do to him?

"All the dude ever wanted was his rug back." - Jeff "The Dude" Lebowski

Laloosh

Reaction score
seaNOmercy":bv32yiox said:
Why does Stern hate Seattle so much? What'd the Sonics ever do to him?

I think he's just got a gigantic hard-on for Sacramento tbh. He might dislike Seattle, but I don't think that's enough for him to go to such great lengths to block the sale. More about getting what HE wants than denying us what we want.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3bo2qtaw said:
Hawkfan77":3bo2qtaw said:
It's not softy tweeting
Then who?
Some Seattle fan on twitter, @Dah_Knee. Mickey Arison followed this fan for some reason and then started sending him direct messages. I guess Dah_Knee tweeted Arison and said he would never go on a carnival cruise again (Arison owns carnival) so Arison followed him and then sent him the direct messages. Dah_Knee sent that screen capture to Softy and Softy posted it on his page.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1l1nhlp0 said:
Picture
Per Softy's page

Wow
What Arison is saying in the tweets is that the committee was only voting on a very specific, narrow question: Has Sac done everything to keep the Kings?
The Seattle ownership and arena deal was never considered. That was not what they were voting on. Who was the individual that drew up the specific question without any consideration of the Seattle side? I wonder. This was just the committee to RECOMEND relo - not the actual relo committee. How will the actual committee's question be framed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts