marshawn's dui case ..june 21.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Thu May 02, 2013 10:52 am
  • http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-june-21/

    I was a whole lot more worried about this last year but I think we could get by a game or two with turbin/michael.

    Via Eric Williams of the Tacoma News Tribune, Lynch’s case will go to trial on June 21. Later this month, the presiding judge will consider a motion to dismiss the case and to suppress certain evidence relating to it.

    If Lynch ultimately is convicted of or pleads guilty or no contest to DUI, he faces at a minimum a two-game fine under the substance-abuse policy. His history of off-field incidents could result in an enhanced punishment.
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2702
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Thu May 02, 2013 11:04 am
  • this along with the always compete montra sounds like the reason JS drafted Christine M. at RB...gotta be prepared for anything. Also, many talking heads are saying CM was a steal at 56....he would have been a 1st rounder if not for some off the field issues. lets hope he matures real quickly
    Steve Largent is greatest Seahawk WR of all time
    User avatar
    xCalibur
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 189
    Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:29 pm
    Location: Santa Barbara


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Thu May 02, 2013 11:06 am
  • Worst case scenario, we get to see a lot of Turbin and Michael and we save 70+ carries on Marshawn's treads.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7490
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Thu May 02, 2013 11:47 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:Worst case scenario, we get to see a lot of Turbin and Michael and we save 70+ carries on Marshawn's treads.


    eggzactly.

    Last year at this time we were talking about whatever games he missed as an L. Now it's just an opportunity.
    Image
    User avatar
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2702
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Thu May 02, 2013 2:31 pm
  • Its Cali home slice. It will get postponed again or dismissed because they have more important things to do. I ain't scurred.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9203
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Thu May 02, 2013 2:35 pm
  • We don't need Lynch to carry the offense with a new rookie QB like we did last year. I'm not worried, even if he's suspended for a few games. Especially after drafting Michael.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25406
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Thu May 02, 2013 2:41 pm
  • Would suck to lose him, but like everyone is saying...it's not the end of the world anymore.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11456
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Thu May 02, 2013 4:34 pm
  • We need him for Week 2.
    User avatar
    misfit
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 333
    Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:40 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Thu May 02, 2013 4:45 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:Worst case scenario, we get to see a lot of Turbin and Michael and we save 70+ carries on Marshawn's treads.


    Or, Michael doesn't mature and we get Lynch Part Deux and go through this again in 4 years. Either way, we'll be fine.
    User avatar
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2822
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:47 pm
    Location: In Bruges


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Thu May 02, 2013 6:06 pm
  • The 49ers and Seahawks are pretty evenly matched at this point... If Lynch has to sit the first two games of the season, it could be the difference maker in week 2.

    At the end of the season that game could help decide who wins the division.
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    User avatar
    60niners
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 219
    Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Thu May 02, 2013 6:23 pm
  • 60niners wrote:The 49ers and Seahawks are pretty evenly matched at this point... If Lynch has to sit the first two games of the season, it could be the difference maker in week 2.

    At the end of the season that game could help decide who wins the division.


    Absolutely agree. I think we're as able as any team in the league to withstand losing an offensive star like Lynch, but it certainly worries me against a team like SF.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2116
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Fri May 03, 2013 7:13 am
  • 60niners wrote:The 49ers and Seahawks are pretty evenly matched at this point... If Lynch has to sit the first two games of the season, it could be the difference maker in week 2.

    At the end of the season that game could help decide who wins the division.


    These are factual statements.
    User avatar
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1184
    Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:44 am


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Fri May 03, 2013 2:14 pm
  • I feel like Marshawns DUI isn't brought up enough in reference to seattle drafting 2 rbs
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 879
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 07, 2013 7:46 am
  • http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/5/2/42 ... ension-dui

    Here is an article that has some more details about his arrest and his BAC.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 07, 2013 8:03 am
  • misfit wrote:We need him for Week 2.



    Was waiting for someone to mention this. As much faith as we have in RT and CM. Are we not forgetting that we are playing the Niners in week 2? We need the best of what we got.
    gspin2k1
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 204
    Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:09 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 07, 2013 8:14 am
  • IIRC, his blood alcohol content was just barely over the limit. I'm assuming that he's hired a decent attorney, so honestly, he should have a good shot at beating this thing, even in court. Most people that I've known who had the money to fight these cases when they are so close to the limit have won more times than they have lost in court. Of course for most people, fighting it is more expensive in the short term than just doing the time, so a lot don't, but I really think that we are getting worried about something that we really shouldn't. With our offense, we now have at least THREE guys who can run the ball if Lynch is out. Everyone mentions Turbin and Michael, but we also picked up a guy named Harvin who can run the ball pretty good too.

    So, to sum it up, the odds are really in Lynch's favor for this case, and even IF they go against him finally, we have more than enough capable runners to do the job.
    :les:

    Image
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 13299
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 07, 2013 8:31 am
  • TheRealDTM wrote:I feel like Marshawns DUI isn't brought up enough in reference to seattle drafting 2 rbs


    I wouldn't really say we drafted 2 RB's, we drafted a RB and a FB who can play RB. I see Ware as a more athlete Mike-Rob. Sure it will take some time for him to get the blocking down, but I beleive he brings a greater threat as a runner and catcher than M-Rob. Similar to Stanley Havili that PC had @ USC.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2409
    Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Thu May 09, 2013 2:18 am
  • 60niners wrote:The 49ers and Seahawks are pretty evenly matched at this point... If Lynch has to sit the first two games of the season, it could be the difference maker in week 2.

    At the end of the season that game could help decide who wins the division.


    That's a valid point; however, it's equally valid to say that the 49ers are more accustomed to defending against Lynch, so he's easier to game plan for when it comes to defending the run. They have had very limited exposure to Turbin, and no exposure to C. Michael. Game planning for unknown factors while absolutely having to account for Percy Harvin could throw that wrench in the 9ers' direction just as easily.
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2623
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Thu May 09, 2013 2:47 am
  • Niners are going down with or w/out Lynch.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2790
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Thu May 09, 2013 5:43 am
  • Everyone mentions Turbin and Michael, but we also picked up a guy named Harvin who can run the ball pretty good too.

    I was wondering if anybody was going to mention this. It's like nobody remembers he's on the team and he is literally a do everything and anything type of player that cannot be catagorized into a neat little box. Also Wilson is not a rookie hamstrung in a limited offense anymore.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7232
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Thu May 09, 2013 7:08 am
  • We obviously have a lot more than Lynch to give SF's D.C. a nightmare. I certainly am not worried about one player sitting out.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23500
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 am
  • Not many backs have had Marshawn's success running against the Niners. Him not being there is going to be a factor.
    Image
    User avatar
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *
     
    Posts: 1007
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:51 am
    Location: Los Angeles


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Sat May 11, 2013 8:25 am
  • Just because we now have a very good QB, that doesn't mean Lynch is less important. Wilson can do so much more because defenses must respect Lynch. The read option only works if you have a strong running game. 49ers have Gore, Skins have Morris. Football is a team sport and there are 11 players on offense not just a QB. A suspension to Lynch would hurt.
    warden
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1936
    Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:31 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Sat May 11, 2013 3:42 pm
  • rastahawk wrote:Not many backs have had Marshawn's success running against the Niners. Him not being there is going to be a factor.


    warden wrote:Just because we now have a very good QB, that doesn't mean Lynch is less important. Wilson can do so much more because defenses must respect Lynch. The read option only works if you have a strong running game. 49ers have Gore, Skins have Morris. Football is a team sport and there are 11 players on offense not just a QB. A suspension to Lynch would hurt.


    You might want to listen to these two guys.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Sat May 11, 2013 4:07 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    rastahawk wrote:Not many backs have had Marshawn's success running against the Niners. Him not being there is going to be a factor.


    warden wrote:Just because we now have a very good QB, that doesn't mean Lynch is less important. Wilson can do so much more because defenses must respect Lynch. The read option only works if you have a strong running game. 49ers have Gore, Skins have Morris. Football is a team sport and there are 11 players on offense not just a QB. A suspension to Lynch would hurt.


    You might want to listen to these two guys.


    Lol...shockingly, you only tune into these comments.

    Stop the circle jerk now. You are not going to beat us at C Link, with or without Lynch. Not going to happen.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7490
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Sat May 11, 2013 4:13 pm
  • We can score plenty through the air with Wilson, certainly enough to win at home. Kaep will be too busy straining to hear the playcalls and going to the locker room to get a fresh pair of pants to score many points.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    User avatar
    SE174
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1253
    Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Sat May 11, 2013 4:14 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:
    rastahawk wrote:Not many backs have had Marshawn's success running against the Niners. Him not being there is going to be a factor.


    warden wrote:Just because we now have a very good QB, that doesn't mean Lynch is less important. Wilson can do so much more because defenses must respect Lynch. The read option only works if you have a strong running game. 49ers have Gore, Skins have Morris. Football is a team sport and there are 11 players on offense not just a QB. A suspension to Lynch would hurt.


    You might want to listen to these two guys.


    Lol...shockingly, you only tune into these comments.

    Stop the circle jerk now. You are not going to beat us at C Link, with or without Lynch. Not going to happen.


    Not too many others made any sense. :th2thumbs:
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Sat May 11, 2013 4:16 pm
  • the only real question is will we hang a 50 burger on the whiners.
    Image
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    User avatar
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1559
    Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:14 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Sat May 11, 2013 4:19 pm
  • Lynch out on the road and I'm concerned. Lynch out at home, and there are enough horses in the stable to pair with Russell's ability to seal the win. No way we get beat at home this year, by the Niners, or by anyone.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4861
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Sat May 11, 2013 4:35 pm
  • hawk45 wrote:Lynch out on the road and I'm concerned. Lynch out at home, and there are enough horses in the stable to pair with Russell's ability to seal the win. No way we get beat at home this year, by the Niners, or by anyone.


    This is what has other fan bases laughing, no offense. U guys went 8-0 at home last year (with some help mind you ;) ) and now you guys think that it's a given every year.

    Curious to see how this place reacts after your first home loss since so many on here are factoring in an automatic 8 home wins into your division hopes.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Sat May 11, 2013 4:43 pm
  • Newsflash, the Hawks have been nigh unbeatable at home even before having a team the caliber of last year's team, and this year's. Pretty sure nobody's laughing at the idea of the Hawks rolling unbeaten at Century Link, your wishes notwithstanding. Nothing's guaranteed in the NFL of course, but the Clink advantage is as close as it comes.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4861
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Sat May 11, 2013 4:53 pm
  • Chukarhawk wrote:the only real question is will we hang a 50 burger on the whiners.


    We took it easy on them in that 42-13 thumping. We could have easily scored 50.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7490
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Sat May 11, 2013 5:00 pm
  • Lifer you are fringing on a E-beat down. Reel in the anti-Hawk comments.

    So you are still butt hurt over the lose from last year...glad to hear it.

    No other fan base is laughing about playing in Seattle! You cry a lot, but thats different then laughing.

    Yes nolifer, 8-0 is our new standard. Its cool your team can't hold down the fort like the Hawks, just don't whine about it here.

    Marshawn will be fine regardless, 2nd chances happen.
    Last edited by Spokane on Sun May 12, 2013 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Sat May 11, 2013 7:44 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:Its Cali home slice. It will get postponed again or dismissed because they have more important things to do. I ain't scurred.


    This is what I am thinking.. It could be 2014 when this shut is over and it just might be by design.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5763
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Sat May 11, 2013 7:51 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:Lynch out on the road and I'm concerned. Lynch out at home, and there are enough horses in the stable to pair with Russell's ability to seal the win. No way we get beat at home this year, by the Niners, or by anyone.


    This is what has other fan bases laughing, no offense. U guys went 8-0 at home last year (with some help mind you ;) ) and now you guys think that it's a given every year.

    Curious to see how this place reacts after your first home loss since so many on here are factoring in an automatic 8 home wins into your division hopes.


    Other fan bases laughing? No one "expects" to go 8-0 at home, but last season wasn't the first time it happened and the team didn't take any steps backward.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5763
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 14, 2013 7:44 am
  • This is what has other fan bases laughing, no offense. U guys went 8-0 at home last year (with some help mind you ) and now you guys think that it's a given every year.

    Curious to see how this place reacts after your first home loss since so many on here are factoring in an automatic 8 home wins into your division hopes.


    Are we suppose to say, there's a good chance we'll lose some games at home? Would that make you feel better?
    the fact is we have an easier home schedule this year than we did last season, so why wouldn't we feel we can go 8-0 at home.. there's no disputing, the CLink gives us a clear advantage, and that is no wishful thinking, it's fact.. Just ask Kaepernose... and Brady, and Romo, and Rogers..

    Of course it's the NFL and any given Sunday, but if you're hoping for a different prediction around here, don't hold your breath.. If any team is built to go 8-0 at home it's the Hawks.. And Falcons... If SF had any kind of home crowd, i'd say they had a chance as well. But you're fan's are too busy eating crabcakes and drinking Chardonnay..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3987
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 14, 2013 8:55 am
  • Nope, didn't expect anything else as far as a home field forecast. Just surprised to see that not too many on here can put the homer glasses down and think realistically of the possibility that they won't go undefeated at home this year. As we all know, every team loses games they shouldn't once in a while. And since all of the forecasted 2013 records that I can remember seeing on here take an undefeated season at home into account, just curious as to what this place will look like if the Seahawks lose an early season home game, leaving the possibility of even more losses happening before the season ends.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 14, 2013 9:02 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:Nope, didn't expect anything else as far as a home field forecast. Just surprised to see that not too many on here can put the homer glasses down and think realistically of the possibility that they won't go undefeated at home this year. As we all know, every team loses games they shouldn't once in a while. And since all of the forecasted 2013 records that I can remember seeing on here take an undefeated season at home into account, just curious as to what this place will look like if the Seahawks lose an early season home game, leaving the possibility of even more losses happening before the season ends.

    I don't see what the big deal is because last year's 8-0 is just one of several that have been done at the Clink. Another team that has done it fairly consistently is New England ever since Brady took over. Besides I would be shocked if anything is made of the DUI case anyway. I see probation maybe outside of the NFL but suspension of games, not by a longshot.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7232
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 14, 2013 9:15 am
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Nope, didn't expect anything else as far as a home field forecast. Just surprised to see that not too many on here can put the homer glasses down and think realistically of the possibility that they won't go undefeated at home this year. As we all know, every team loses games they shouldn't once in a while. And since all of the forecasted 2013 records that I can remember seeing on here take an undefeated season at home into account, just curious as to what this place will look like if the Seahawks lose an early season home game, leaving the possibility of even more losses happening before the season ends.

    I don't see what the big deal is because last year's 8-0 is just one of several that have been done at the Clink. Another team that has done it fairly consistently is New England ever since Brady took over. Besides I would be shocked if anything is made of the DUI case anyway. I see probation maybe outside of the NFL but suspension of games, not by a longshot.


    You did read the article that stated that Goodell is likely to suspend him either way right? No matter what the civilian court system decides. It has been reported that guilty verdict or even a plea bargain would just guarantee suspension, but that Roger can decide to suspend him no matter what.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 14, 2013 9:24 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Nope, didn't expect anything else as far as a home field forecast. Just surprised to see that not too many on here can put the homer glasses down and think realistically of the possibility that they won't go undefeated at home this year. As we all know, every team loses games they shouldn't once in a while. And since all of the forecasted 2013 records that I can remember seeing on here take an undefeated season at home into account, just curious as to what this place will look like if the Seahawks lose an early season home game, leaving the possibility of even more losses happening before the season ends.

    I don't see what the big deal is because last year's 8-0 is just one of several that have been done at the Clink. Another team that has done it fairly consistently is New England ever since Brady took over. Besides I would be shocked if anything is made of the DUI case anyway. I see probation maybe outside of the NFL but suspension of games, not by a longshot.


    You did read the article that stated that Goodell is likely to suspend him either way right? No matter what the civilian court system decides. It has been reported that guilty verdict or even a plea bargain would just guarantee suspension, but that Roger can decide to suspend him no matter what.

    Of course he can and I know you hope for it but it isn't happening no matter how much you wish for it. Either way we're covered quite nicely with Michael, Harvin and Wilson so even if Lynch missed a couple games it won't hurt us as much as you think it will.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7232
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 14, 2013 9:29 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    KCHawkGirl wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Nope, didn't expect anything else as far as a home field forecast. Just surprised to see that not too many on here can put the homer glasses down and think realistically of the possibility that they won't go undefeated at home this year. As we all know, every team loses games they shouldn't once in a while. And since all of the forecasted 2013 records that I can remember seeing on here take an undefeated season at home into account, just curious as to what this place will look like if the Seahawks lose an early season home game, leaving the possibility of even more losses happening before the season ends.

    I don't see what the big deal is because last year's 8-0 is just one of several that have been done at the Clink. Another team that has done it fairly consistently is New England ever since Brady took over. Besides I would be shocked if anything is made of the DUI case anyway. I see probation maybe outside of the NFL but suspension of games, not by a longshot.


    You did read the article that stated that Goodell is likely to suspend him either way right? No matter what the civilian court system decides. It has been reported that guilty verdict or even a plea bargain would just guarantee suspension, but that Roger can decide to suspend him no matter what.



    We'll see. Granted, Goodell can pretty much do whatever he wants BUT Marshawn's previous "troubles" technically fall under the league (and player's union) CONDUCT policy, while this infraction, technically falls under the drug / alcohol section. So, by the letter of the law, or the NFL law this is NOT a repeat offense, PLUS Marshawn has been a model citizen in his time here in Seattle. When you consider all this with the fact that Lynch blew a .08, right at the legal limit. At the very least I see the union fighting this, and appealing any suspension, at least until AFTER the 9ers game.

    And once the other RB's get their sea legs, I'm all for Marshawn getting a much deserved rest. It will be a little vaycay for the guy. :229031_cheers:
    Image
    User avatar
    SirTed
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 727
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:25 am
    Location: Queen Anne


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 14, 2013 9:51 am
  • Every article concerning his DUI case reports that he blew "OVER" the legal limit of 0.08.

    I have searched for an article that states otherwise, but can't find it if its out there.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 14, 2013 10:19 am
  • And for anybody on here to suggest that the loss of Lynch, one of the premier backs in the league, can be nullified by throwing in Michael...WTF? Seriously you either under appreciate what Marshawn does for not just your running game but also your passing attack, or you honestly think that Lynch is easily replaced which is completely ludicrous.

    I know I don't have to explain how a strong (which might be an understatement when talking about your very own "Beastmode") running game helps a teams passing game...right?
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 14, 2013 10:27 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:Every article concerning his DUI case reports that he blew "OVER" the legal limit of 0.08.

    I have searched for an article that states otherwise, but can't find it if its out there.


    Took me 30 seconds.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... positively
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3192
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 14, 2013 10:36 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:And for anybody on here to suggest that the loss of Lynch, one of the premier backs in the league, can be nullified by throwing in Michael...WTF? Seriously you either under appreciate what Marshawn does for not just your running game but also your passing attack, or you honestly think that Lynch is easily replaced which is completely ludicrous.

    I know I don't have to explain how a strong (which might be an understatement when talking about your very own "Beastmode") running game helps a teams passing game...right?

    Think as you wish. He will be missed of course but fact his because of our depth at that position and the fact we have Percy Harvin and Russell Wilson a loss of Lynch for maybe 4 games can and will be handled without much loss in production. If they have to pass more or use Harvin out of the backfield so be it.

    See you are at a Seahawk board so don't act shocked that we don't buy your view hook line and sinker.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7232
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 14, 2013 10:42 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:And for anybody on here to suggest that the loss of Lynch, one of the premier backs in the league, can be nullified by throwing in Michael...WTF? Seriously you either under appreciate what Marshawn does for not just your running game but also your passing attack, or you honestly think that Lynch is easily replaced which is completely ludicrous.

    I know I don't have to explain how a strong (which might be an understatement when talking about your very own "Beastmode") running game helps a teams passing game...right?


    nobody's suggesting he's easily replaced, but we do have good depth in Turbin and Michael for a reason.. Lynch's style could easily cause injury, we need a good back up, suspension, we have a good back up, just to rest him up, we have good back ups.. it's called depth, and every team has backups for a reason..
    players get injured and/or miss games all the time.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3987
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 14, 2013 10:43 am
  • I am aware that I am at a Seahawks board, but didn't think that it would automatically cause people to lose all common sense. And yes I am also aware that if it was Gore that was arrested for a DUI and not lynch, we would be having the same debate but with opposite opinions. Niner fans would be taking the standpoint that you all are, and you guys would be the ones riding on the assumed fact that we would have to try to survive without Gore during his suspension in a division where EVERY game counts, and the loss of such a player for 2-4 weeks could potentially put an early tombstone above either of our teams hopes on a division title, which is obviously a prerequisite to a #1 or #2 seed.

    And for some reason the link provided two posts above wont open correctly on my iPhone 5. However I was able to read the comments. One stated that the article brought up that he was indeed administered a second breathalyzer at the station and that it in fact showed he was OVER 0.08. Since I can't read the article (yet) I can't verify. But if so, what is the defense against that?
    Last edited by NinerLifer on Tue May 14, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 14, 2013 10:46 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:I am aware that I am at a Seahawks board, but didn't think that it would automatically cause people to lose all common sense.

    And for some reason the link provided two posts above wont open correctly on my iPhone 5. However I was able to read the comments. One stated that the article brought up that he was indeed administered a second breathalyzer at the station and that it in fact showed he was OVER 0.08. Since I can't read the article (yet) I can't verify. But if so, what is the defense against that?

    The alcohol metabalizing (sp) in his system perhaps? Faulty equipment/settings?
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7232
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 14, 2013 10:51 am
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:I am aware that I am at a Seahawks board, but didn't think that it would automatically cause people to lose all common sense.

    And for some reason the link provided two posts above wont open correctly on my iPhone 5. However I was able to read the comments. One stated that the article brought up that he was indeed administered a second breathalyzer at the station and that it in fact showed he was OVER 0.08. Since I can't read the article (yet) I can't verify. But if so, what is the defense against that?

    The alcohol metabalizing (sp) in his system perhaps? Faulty equipment/settings?


    I imagine that is the common defense against DUI, but yet people are convicted of it every day.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


Re: marshawn's dui case ..june 21.
Tue May 14, 2013 10:51 am
  • Much ado about nothing.

    If, and that's a sizable if we lose Marshawn due to a DUI arrest-type suspension, I am not worried because Russell's progress in the passing game last year leads me to believe that we can win even if the run game is stymied for a while. And there's not a damn thing wrong with Robert Turbin's game.

    The rest of the offense (Wilson, Turbin, MRob, Harvin, Tate, Rice, Balwin, & Miller) will pick up the slight slack caused by Marshawn's absence.

    No problema, imo.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

    your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3085
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


Next


It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information