What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
themunn":3dq03vuz said:
I'm going to say the Brandon Browner forced fumble against Carolina towards the end of the third quarter.

Down 10-6, 2-2 with 2 road losses and Carolina with a 1-10. Browner finds himself 2-on-1 against Cam Newton and DeAngelo Williams - he baits Newton just enough to force the toss over to Williams, who he absolutely NAILS and forces the ball out, recovers it himself and sets up the offense on the 27 yard line, from which they score their only TD of the game (and turns out to be decisive in the end). It gives the team their first road win, a winning record and confidence going into the big home game against the Patriots.

I think that was the play that defined how the season would turn out for us

I was at that game , and it happened right in front of where I was sitting . it was a HUUUGE Play , changed momentum for the entire season. Dont forget about his big stop one the one yard line in that game aswell.
Gotta Love Big Play Brandon Browner.

cover-2

Reaction score
For me it was the hit Kam put on Vernon Davis. Although it was late in the season, it may have given the Seahawks the confidence knowing that they could beat the best the NFC has to offer. That hit also put the 49ers on notice...this division is no longer yours! We are now the big bully on the NFC West block.

[youtube]78qF72JwJwA[/youtube]

[youtube]8TSuX8UbISE[/youtube]

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Chicago game but the play I was thinking of was the Miller catch on 4th down with Urlacher drapped all over him. Tate scored soon after if I remember right.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3by9xdi5 said:
Great question, there were a ton of big plays. To me, it was the game winning TD to Rice to win the game at Chicago in OT. It felt like a flat out season changer.

I agree! The euphoria from that game was epic! :0190l:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
cover-2":1nyacr8l said:
For me it was the hit Kam put on Vernon Davis. Although it was late in the season, it may have given the Seahawks the confidence knowing that they could beat the best the NFC has to offer. That hit also put the 49ers on notice...this division is no longer yours! We are now the big bully on the NFC West block.

[youtube]78qF72JwJwA[/youtube]

[youtube]8TSuX8UbISE[/youtube]

The absolute pisser was that it was a BS call by the Refs!! He hit him with his shoulder, not his helmut!

Spokane

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2px0e0qg said:
Spokane":2px0e0qg said:
It was when the Hawks had to make a 65 yarder FG to move to the next round of the playoffs.

Yes 65 yards is a tough one to kick...However we had Wiggs earlier in the year who can and has kicked one that far in a game.

Thankfully we have Wiggs back. Steven and his amazingness at 43 yards and below need to go.

OMG please don't start this BS again, no one has ever made a 65 yarder before in a game. Only 63 yarders have been kicked (with wind to the kickers back) time for people to stop crying over spilled milk.

The Hail Mary is a low percentage throw but it had a chance.

Don't cry about my post! The op asked what was the biggest play of the year, I felt it was the one that could have moved us to the next round of the playoffs. If you think there was a bigger play, thats fine. Just don't whine like a girl about my choice.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Spokane":klkspfb7 said:
WestcoastSteve":klkspfb7 said:
Spokane":klkspfb7 said:
It was when the Hawks had to make a 65 yarder FG to move to the next round of the playoffs.

Yes 65 yards is a tough one to kick...However we had Wiggs earlier in the year who can and has kicked one that far in a game.

Thankfully we have Wiggs back. Steven and his amazingness at 43 yards and below need to go.

OMG please don't start this BS again, no one has ever made a 65 yarder before in a game. Only 63 yarders have been kicked (with wind to the kickers back) time for people to stop crying over spilled milk.

The Hail Mary is a low percentage throw but it had a chance.

Don't cry about my post! The op asked what was the biggest play of the year, I felt it was the one that could have moved us to the next round of the playoffs. If you think there was a bigger play, thats fine. Just don't whine like a girl about my choice.

You think the biggest play of the season was an imaginary one? That actually doesn't surprise me.

Spokane

Reaction score
Did Tate really catch that ball...its a game, who cares

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Spokane":1m4expc9 said:
Did Tate really catch that ball...its a game, who cares

No, don't get me wrong. I agree with you. My favorite Seahawk of all time is the safety that was able to break up that pass Hines Ward threw to Randel El in the Super Bowl and was able to tackle Willie Parker on that would-be 75 yard touchdown run.

Spokane

Reaction score
ok Zeb, We will go with your play as the biggest this year

-The Glove-

Reaction score
If you're talking about the VD hit, you have to mention the Cowboys game. Homeopener against a Cowboys team that looked very strong defeating the defending Champs, Giants the week before. The big hits in that game that gave Witten and co. crocodile arms the rest of the game, and the monstrous LEGAL hit by Tate on Sean Lee set the stage for the team as being a hard-hitting force.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Spokane":frq6eluf said:
ok Zeb, We will go with your play as the biggest this year

Clearly there's no one right answer. There's a lot of good answers here. I was just bustin your balls man.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Mine:

5th place: Fail Mary

This was a huge play that directly resulted in a win against a major NFC competitor. The reason I don't have this play higher is because it ultimately had no impact on our playoff seeding, and it actually helped SF earn a bye. It was also a very ugly win, whereas the Pats and Chicago wins were downright inspirational. It added fuel to the fire for the haters all season. So I have it down the list a bit, but it's clearly top five.

4th place: Rice TD vs. Pats

Up until the final weeks of the 2012 season, the Patriots were the NFL's best team, both in terms of media perception and their scores by advanced stat sites like Football Outsiders. Seattle was still a struggling young team, and Wilson was still experiencing growing pains. Seattle overcame a two score deficit in the 4th quarter to shock the Patriots. Before Chicago, this was the game that officially put Wilson on the map nationally. Rice's inexplicable deep reception keyed the win.

3rd place: Tate TD vs. Chicago

With just 32 seconds left and only 1 timeout, Wilson made a questionable decision throwing a short pass to Tate near the harshmark heading away from the sideline. Nine times out of ten, the receiver gets tackled around the 6 yard line in bounds and forces the team to use it's final timeout, a sack away from a bitter defeat. Instead, Tate made one of the most impressive YAC efforts of the entire season, juking half the bears defense to just barely reach the endzone for the go ahead touchdown that helped Seattle pull out a momentum seizing win.

I have this one ahead of Rice's TD both later in the same game and in the Pats game because the degree of difficulty was so high. It was one of the most amazing efforts of the season and it happened at an amazing moment. That TD was all on Tate. The number of WRs in the NFL that could have made that play could probably be counted on one hand (Harvin being one of them).

2nd place: Lynch TD vs. Falcons with 31 seconds left

If Seattle holds on for just 25 seconds at Atlanta, they would not only have won, but they would have completed the largest 4th quarter road playoff comeback in NFL history. If Seattle had gone on to win the Superbowl, think about how this play would have been regarded then. Granted, the TD itself was pretty routine, but I think it's worthy of being this high because it was the play that completed what should have been an historic comeback.

1st place: Lynch Fumble recovery vs. Washington

I remember when this play happened and seemingly everyone said "that play WAS our season." Down 14-3, Wilson fumbled a read option keeper with most of the players around him wearing the wrong colors. If a Redskin had recovered it, it would have likely been returned for a touchdown and Seattle would trail 21-3. Instead, Lynch had the presence of mind to check on his QB, scoop up the ball, and stun everyone by running for a 20 yard gain. Seattle would score a TD later in that same drive meaning that this one play had a potential 14 point swing in a game Seattle won by 10 points. In the playoffs. On the road.

If Seattle loses that first game in Washington after falling behind 21-3, think about how different the story of this team would be right now. They'd still be the team that chokes, that cannot win a playoff game on the road, etc. We'd have lost to a hobbled RG3, which would have cemented his status as superior to Wilson, at least in the short term.

Maybe Seattle wins without that play, but emotionally that felt like the biggest play of the season for me. It was simply a huge play in an extremely high leverage situation, in the playoffs. I'd probably list it among the most critical Seahawks plays ever that didn't result in a touchdown itself.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't think it qualifies due to the blowout nature if the game, but I loved ET's pick and long, weaving run for the score against Buffalo.

getnasty

Reaction score
I've got to the Tate in Chicago TD. If we lose that game we go to 6-6 with back to back road loses. I think the Bears were 8-3 when we played them, people forget how good they were the first half of the season. Even with a easy schedule down the strech i don't think we make the playoffs if we lose this game. Plus after coming off a lose to Miami on the road, this win had to give us confidence we could beat anyone on the road. THIS GAME HAS CURED OUR ROAD WOES!

Largent80

Reaction score
Tate made the 2 biggest plays last year, Also, his hit on the Dallas LB was sick, and I love getting Harvin, but I want Tate to be re-upped.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
2013 season? Last time I checked the calendar, it hasn't been played yet. If for some reason my life is in some kind of time bubble where the 2013 season has been played...how'd it turn out? Super bowl champs like we all hoped?

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't pick either of the two TD's at the end of the Bears game, I'd expand the list to include both scoring drives as a whole. 97- and 80-yard TD drives to win the game on the road? Every play in each one of those drives was huge!