Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:07 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9827
I'm hoping to compile the six best options and put them in a poll later. Any suggestions?

Some that come to mind for me:

Lynch saving it when Wilson fumbled in playoffs vs. Redskins
Fail Mary / Inaccurate Reception
Blocked kick for TD vs. SF
Final TD vs. Atlanta with 31 seconds left
Lynch TD in playoffs vs Redskins to take 4th quarter lead
Golden Tate TD at end of regulation vs. Chicago

I dunno, if I get enough good suggestions might do a cheesy "playoff" bracket version.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:13 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:25 pm
Posts: 613
I'm of the opinion that some of the biggest plays aren't necessarily the scoring plays but the crucial, nail-biting plays that set up the eventual scoring plays. The 3rd down scramble and dump off to Lynch near the end of our last scoring drive against ATL comes to mind.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:16 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:12 am
Posts: 231
The Chicago game was a real turning point. I'm going with Tate's TD at the end of regulation, even though I really feel the biggest play had to be partly RW running to get to that score. I know that isn't a specific play, but more of a series of plays. The Atlanta TD might give RW the most confidence going into next year, though!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:19 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:25 pm
Posts: 613
Ah, can't forget the game winner to Rice against NE either.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:29 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22702
Location: Kirkland, WA
Well, biggest play by definition would be the one that made the biggest impact in the W/L column. That's got to be the Fail Mary. However, my favorite is the Sherman return TD from the blocked field goal attempt. Knowing the stab of pain in the hearts of all those 49ers fans when that happened brings a smile to my face.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:47 pm
Posts: 2688
Location: In Bruges
The Wilson short scramble and completion to Miller in the 4th quarter on 3rd and forever in Chicago. That drive, and that game, set us up for the rest of the season IMO.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:49 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 3408
I would say the Tate TD at the end of the Chicago game. If we had lost that game, there's no telling if our team would have fallen apart after losing another nail biter. It really solidified us as a playoff team.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:01 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:21 am
Posts: 319
Location: Missoula, MT
The biggest play of the 2013 season was that super bowl winning, 89yd dump off pass to Percy Harvin. MAN that was epic. But my mom says not to use my psychic abilities for football (That was a roundabout, albeit unneccesary, way of pointing out the mistake in the title, if you hadn't figured it out). If you're talking about the 2012 season, as in, two thousand TWELVE, the season that just occurred... The TD passes to Sid Rice to win the NE and CHI games come to mind.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:02 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:21 am
Posts: 319
Location: Missoula, MT
therealjohncarlson wrote:
I would say the Tate TD at the end of the Chicago game. If we had lost that game, there's no telling if our team would have fallen apart after losing another nail biter. It really solidified us as a playoff team.

I think you mean the Sidney Rice touchdown? Unless we're thinking of different plays.

EDIT: AHH, you mean the end of regulation?


Last edited by MissoulaHawk on Mon May 06, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:03 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:17 am
Posts: 554
BirdsCommaAngry wrote:
I'm of the opinion that some of the biggest plays aren't necessarily the scoring plays but the crucial, nail-biting plays that set up the eventual scoring plays. The 3rd down scramble and dump off to Lynch near the end of our last scoring drive against ATL comes to mind.


This gets my vote. I'd say this one and the Earl Thomas interception were the two biggest plays of the ATL game.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:03 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:21 am
Posts: 319
Location: Missoula, MT
PlinytheCenter wrote:
The Wilson short scramble and completion to Miller in the 4th quarter on 3rd and forever in Chicago. That drive, and that game, set us up for the rest of the season IMO.

Agreed. HUGE play.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:04 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am
Posts: 573
Another vote for the Wilson bomb to Rice that beat the Patriots. This was a huge part of the coming-of-age for this team.
Most of us had given up the Seahawks for dead that game... down 13 in the 4th quarter. The Seahawks NEVER come back from that, EVER, and especially not against NEW ENGLAND and all their Super Bowl appearances and rings.
Plus it was such a well-designed play, and executed to perfection.

I had a roommate who was a big Patriots fan, and was at the game, and went to the night-before event where some Patriots were supposed to appear, hoping it would be Welker and he could get his wife's jersey signed.
It was so much sweeter being on the 24 side of 24-23 after hearing his endless Patriots talk for weeks beforehand.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:08 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am
Posts: 573
Second place would be the Lynch fumble recover and run in the Redskins game. That was an AMAZING play.

I know the intent was *positive* plays for the Seahawks, but there were just as many *negative* plays that kept us from going further.
Detroit marches downfield and scores.. Hawks lose. Hawks lose division by half a game.
Miami marches downfield and scores.. Hawks lose. Hawks lose division by half a game.
St. Louis runs a fake field goal for a TD... Hawks lose. Hawks lose division by half a game.
Kickoff vs. Atlanta gets returned to almost the 40 yard line... Hawks lose.


Last edited by olyfan63 on Mon May 06, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:11 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17396
Location: Graham, WA
The touchdown pass to Rice to beat the Patriots, and the other game winning Wilson-Rice connection to win in OT in Chicago.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:39 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am
Posts: 573
Upon further review... none of the above. The biggest play of the season, clearly:
"With the 75th pick... the Seattle Seahawks select... Russell Wilson, quarterback, Wisconsin."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:15 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4667
Location: The 5-0
Kam's hit on VD.

Defined us. It's effect on the rest of the league will be long lasting. I think.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:24 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:32 pm
Posts: 1266
Location: Kenmore, WA
The Braylon Edwards TD catch was pretty clutch and gave us momentum to beat the Patriots at home and after beating them we were viewed as legit contenders.

_________________
Skittles - The candy of champions.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:34 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:28 pm
Posts: 456
Location: Mercer Island/ Menlo Park
olyfan63 wrote:
Upon further review... none of the above. The biggest play of the season, clearly:
"With the 75th pick... the Seattle Seahawks select... Russell Wilson, quarterback, Wisconsin."


Great Call! 2nd would be the pass to Sydney Rice vs Tom Baby Brady :D

_________________
Check out My Seahawks Youtube Channel:

Image

http://www.youtube.com/rxstr8


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:39 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am
Posts: 757
I took Tate in Chicago. Chicago was the game that turned the momentum on our season. RW just took control of the playbook, our franchise, and NFL stardom/eliteness starting with that game IMO.

_________________
Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:43 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
Posts: 2368
Location: Sammamish, WA
Great question, there were a ton of big plays. To me, it was the game winning TD to Rice to win the game at Chicago in OT. It felt like a flat out season changer.

_________________
60 percent of the time..........it works........every time


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:03 am 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13443
Location: King In The North
olyfan63 wrote:
Another vote for the Wilson bomb to Rice that beat the Patriots. This was a huge part of the coming-of-age for this team.
Most of us had given up the Seahawks for dead that game... down 13 in the 4th quarter. The Seahawks NEVER come back from that, EVER, and especially not against NEW ENGLAND and all their Super Bowl appearances and rings.
Plus it was such a well-designed play, and executed to perfection.

I had a roommate who was a big Patriots fan, and was at the game, and went to the night-before event where some Patriots were supposed to appear, hoping it would be Welker and he could get his wife's jersey signed.
It was so much sweeter being on the 24 side of 24-23 after hearing his endless Patriots talk for weeks beforehand.


Yeah, I gotta go with this one. Biggest play for this franchise since the Beastquake IMO.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:07 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2265
I'm going to say the Brandon Browner forced fumble against Carolina towards the end of the third quarter.

Down 10-6, 2-2 with 2 road losses and Carolina with a 1-10. Browner finds himself 2-on-1 against Cam Newton and DeAngelo Williams - he baits Newton just enough to force the toss over to Williams, who he absolutely NAILS and forces the ball out, recovers it himself and sets up the offense on the 27 yard line, from which they score their only TD of the game (and turns out to be decisive in the end). It gives the team their first road win, a winning record and confidence going into the big home game against the Patriots.

I think that was the play that defined how the season would turn out for us


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:10 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 am
Posts: 714
PlinytheCenter wrote:
The Wilson short scramble and completion to Miller in the 4th quarter on 3rd and forever in Chicago. That drive, and that game, set us up for the rest of the season IMO.


I was going to say the 4th down pass at midfield, to Baldwin, that immediately followed this one, but I think you're right. The pass to Baldwin only needed to cover about four yards as a result of the pass to Miller. Don't think the Bears would've given up a 4th and long.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:43 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
It was when the Hawks had to make a 65 yarder FG to move to the next round of the playoffs.

Yes 65 yards is a tough one to kick...However we had Wiggs earlier in the year who can and has kicked one that far in a game.

Thankfully we have Wiggs back. Steven and his amazingness at 43 yards and below need to go.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:03 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2265
Spokane wrote:
It was when the Hawks had to make a 65 yarder FG to move to the next round of the playoffs.

Yes 65 yards is a tough one to kick...However we had Wiggs earlier in the year who can and has kicked one that far in a game.

Thankfully we have Wiggs back. Steven and his amazingness at 43 yards and below need to go.


His long in an actual competitive game with a tee is 59 yards.
But yeah, let's expect that an undrafted kicker can break an NFL record in a hostile environment on the road in the playoffs. Never mind that only 12 players in NFL HISTORY have managed a 60 yard field goal, we had one on the roster who can stick it 65 yards no problem.

It'd have been irresponsible to try (as it apparently was when we tried to kick a 62 yard field goal against the very same team just 15 months earlier)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:06 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15 am
Posts: 2293
The Earl Thomas Interception of Brady needs to be on this list.

_________________
#NEXTMANUP


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:27 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 2878
As long as we're talking INTs, how about Sherm's INT of Brady?

That one put this team on the national map... mostly due to Sherm's post-game comment to Brady.

_________________
EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:30 am 
* Dirty Harry *
* Dirty Harry *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
Posts: 5424
Location: Magnolia, Texas
Evil_Shenanigans wrote:
The Earl Thomas Interception of Brady needs to be on this list.


Definitely. That pick-six was epic, and also pointed out what Belichick didn't teach his offense to do: tackle.

It's obvious Pete taught our defense how to block...

_________________
"God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:32 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
Wiggs has hit on a 65 yarder, If he was there rather then Steven - Pete would have tried. Irresponsible? No, Its called trying to win.
themunn wrote:
Spokane wrote:
It was when the Hawks had to make a 65 yarder FG to move to the next round of the playoffs.

Yes 65 yards is a tough one to kick...However we had Wiggs earlier in the year who can and has kicked one that far in a game.

Thankfully we have Wiggs back. Steven and his amazingness at 43 yards and below need to go.


His long in an actual competitive game with a tee is 59 yards.
But yeah, let's expect that an undrafted kicker can break an NFL record in a hostile environment on the road in the playoffs. Never mind that only 12 players in NFL HISTORY have managed a 60 yard field goal, we had one on the roster who can stick it 65 yards no problem.

It'd have been irresponsible to try (as it apparently was when we tried to kick a 62 yard field goal against the very same team just 15 months earlier)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:04 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 11:36 am
Posts: 1111
Location: Spanaway, WA
The biggest single play of 2012 was the Tate TD to win the game vs. GB. In my mind, it is not even close and I am not sure why it is even debatable. TD=win. No TD=lose. Also, it will be talked about for years throughout the NFL and had a ripple affect through the NFL. Every time we do play GB for YEARS to come, it will come up.

For every-other "big" play, there was still time on the clock for another potential "big" play to be made.

_________________
Image
"Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:05 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
Zebulon Dak wrote:
olyfan63 wrote:
Another vote for the Wilson bomb to Rice that beat the Patriots. This was a huge part of the coming-of-age for this team.
Most of us had given up the Seahawks for dead that game... down 13 in the 4th quarter. The Seahawks NEVER come back from that, EVER, and especially not against NEW ENGLAND and all their Super Bowl appearances and rings.
Plus it was such a well-designed play, and executed to perfection.

I had a roommate who was a big Patriots fan, and was at the game, and went to the night-before event where some Patriots were supposed to appear, hoping it would be Welker and he could get his wife's jersey signed.
It was so much sweeter being on the 24 side of 24-23 after hearing his endless Patriots talk for weeks beforehand.


Yeah, I gotta go with this one. Biggest play for this franchise since the Beastquake IMO.


When it comes time to vote, this is going to be my choice, too. I was on cloud 9 after that win. (The 49ers stomping was the only better memory last year, but that wasn't defined by a single play because there were so many good ones. (Kam destroying Manpurse, the blocked FG - Sherman TD, etc.)

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:20 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am
Posts: 1417
Location: Blaine, WA
Wilson to Rice against NE is the play that put the Seahawks on the map. Chicago put us at the forefront, but that unexpected win against NE and the way it happened is what opened the door.

Plus it was perfection. Perfect ay call, perfect route run by Sydney, perfect blocking up front, perfect throw by Wilson. It ws like watching practice, but in a live game against the league's elite team.

_________________
<A>
<IMG></A>


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:57 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 2269
Throwdown wrote:
The touchdown pass to Rice to beat the Patriots, and the other game winning Wilson-Rice connection to win in OT in Chicago.


I agree the TD to RIce against the PATS, but how about the Ice-water in the veins play on 4th down in the 4th QTR hitting Braylon Edwards for the TD on the fade route? (Before the game winner) That was unbelieveable.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:00 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:09 pm
Posts: 204
The Fail Mary. We got a win against a big national team. Gave us a lot of attention (negative). It got the real refs back in the game. It determined the winner of the game. Can't really get much bigger than that for a play.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:19 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2265
Spokane wrote:
Wiggs has hit on a 65 yarder, If he was there rather then Steven - Pete would have tried. Irresponsible? No, Its called trying to win.
themunn wrote:
Spokane wrote:
It was when the Hawks had to make a 65 yarder FG to move to the next round of the playoffs.

Yes 65 yards is a tough one to kick...However we had Wiggs earlier in the year who can and has kicked one that far in a game.

Thankfully we have Wiggs back. Steven and his amazingness at 43 yards and below need to go.


His long in an actual competitive game with a tee is 59 yards.
But yeah, let's expect that an undrafted kicker can break an NFL record in a hostile environment on the road in the playoffs. Never mind that only 12 players in NFL HISTORY have managed a 60 yard field goal, we had one on the roster who can stick it 65 yards no problem.

It'd have been irresponsible to try (as it apparently was when we tried to kick a 62 yard field goal against the very same team just 15 months earlier)


Not in an official game he hasn't.
Also, given Hauschka injured his standing leg on the lovely turf at Fedex field, there was every opportunity for Carroll to bring Wiggs back for the game against Atlanta. Instead he picked up 38 year old Ryan Longwell and his "monster" kicking leg rather than go with the guy they'd seen kicking for them at training camp that year. Why do you think that is?

There are no shortage of high school kids that have "broken" the NFL record. Funnily enough... none of them have managed it in the NFL. Why do you think that is?

There have been 6 attempts in Seahawks history at FGs of 57 yards or longer.
Only one has been made.
You think if Wiggs had the ability to knock out 65 yarders (hell, even 55 yarders) with any regularlity we would have cut him?

You're talking about something that has NEVER been done in NFL history.
The probability of a Hail Mary pass succeeding? Well, the fact that it's actually happened in the past should be a giveaway that it's a far better effort than trying a ludicrous 65 yard field goal.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:44 am 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4309
Location: Auburn, WA
For me, it was the Tate catch at the end of regulation in Chicago. The Hawks had actually proven their ability to produce in the Detroit and Miami games, but the Chicago game is where it came together for them. Once that bottle was opened, the team played the kind of football we have been wanting for years. Tate's determined scramble to the end-zone marked the beginning of sustained success.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:46 am 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:31 am
Posts: 39
I agree that the Rice touchdown against NE was the biggest play. Looking back at the season, that play is the first that comes to mind and it showed to the rest of the league that the hawks were for real. Also the domination of SF comes to mind, but that wasnt defined by a single play.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:56 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 777
The hit on Vernon Davis flat out rocked, also in the same game the blocked field goal ran in for a touchdown. Rocking the "better" team of 49ers was flat out awesome.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:22 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm
Posts: 1141
Spokane wrote:
It was when the Hawks had to make a 65 yarder FG to move to the next round of the playoffs.

Yes 65 yards is a tough one to kick...However we had Wiggs earlier in the year who can and has kicked one that far in a game.

Thankfully we have Wiggs back. Steven and his amazingness at 43 yards and below need to go.


OMG please don't start this BS again, no one has ever made a 65 yarder before in a game. Only 63 yarders have been kicked (with wind to the kickers back) time for people to stop crying over spilled milk.

The Hail Mary is a low percentage throw but it had a chance.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:32 am 
* PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:42 pm
Posts: 535
Location: Sinking Spring, PA
Kixkahn wrote:
The hit on Vernon Davis flat out rocked, also in the same game the blocked field goal ran in for a touchdown. Rocking the "better" team of 49ers was flat out awesome.


I'll agree here...... :th2thumbs:

How 'bout 1 "portion" of the 2012 season ??

12-09-12 ~ 58 pts. on the Tards
12-16-12 ~ 50 pts. on the Bills
12-23-12 ~ 42 pts. to embarrass the Whinners

:th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

_________________
"If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:44 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm
Posts: 771
themunn wrote:
I'm going to say the Brandon Browner forced fumble against Carolina towards the end of the third quarter.

Down 10-6, 2-2 with 2 road losses and Carolina with a 1-10. Browner finds himself 2-on-1 against Cam Newton and DeAngelo Williams - he baits Newton just enough to force the toss over to Williams, who he absolutely NAILS and forces the ball out, recovers it himself and sets up the offense on the 27 yard line, from which they score their only TD of the game (and turns out to be decisive in the end). It gives the team their first road win, a winning record and confidence going into the big home game against the Patriots.

I think that was the play that defined how the season would turn out for us



I was at that game , and it happened right in front of where I was sitting . it was a HUUUGE Play , changed momentum for the entire season. Dont forget about his big stop one the one yard line in that game aswell.
Gotta Love Big Play Brandon Browner.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:05 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
Posts: 1397
Location: Seattle (From Spokane)
The interception on the very first play of the preseason.

_________________
Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:
Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:59 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:47 am
Posts: 523
For me it was the hit Kam put on Vernon Davis. Although it was late in the season, it may have given the Seahawks the confidence knowing that they could beat the best the NFC has to offer. That hit also put the 49ers on notice...this division is no longer yours! We are now the big bully on the NFC West block.





Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:37 pm
Posts: 577
Chicago game but the play I was thinking of was the Miller catch on 4th down with Urlacher drapped all over him. Tate scored soon after if I remember right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:15 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
Posts: 4628
Location: Puyallup, WA USA
SoulfishHawk wrote:
Great question, there were a ton of big plays. To me, it was the game winning TD to Rice to win the game at Chicago in OT. It felt like a flat out season changer.



I agree! The euphoria from that game was epic! :0190l:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:19 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
Posts: 4628
Location: Puyallup, WA USA
cover-2 wrote:
For me it was the hit Kam put on Vernon Davis. Although it was late in the season, it may have given the Seahawks the confidence knowing that they could beat the best the NFC has to offer. That hit also put the 49ers on notice...this division is no longer yours! We are now the big bully on the NFC West block.





The absolute pisser was that it was a BS call by the Refs!! He hit him with his shoulder, not his helmut!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:26 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
WestcoastSteve wrote:
Spokane wrote:
It was when the Hawks had to make a 65 yarder FG to move to the next round of the playoffs.

Yes 65 yards is a tough one to kick...However we had Wiggs earlier in the year who can and has kicked one that far in a game.

Thankfully we have Wiggs back. Steven and his amazingness at 43 yards and below need to go.


OMG please don't start this BS again, no one has ever made a 65 yarder before in a game. Only 63 yarders have been kicked (with wind to the kickers back) time for people to stop crying over spilled milk.

The Hail Mary is a low percentage throw but it had a chance.


Don't cry about my post! The op asked what was the biggest play of the year, I felt it was the one that could have moved us to the next round of the playoffs. If you think there was a bigger play, thats fine. Just don't whine like a girl about my choice.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:56 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13443
Location: King In The North
Spokane wrote:
WestcoastSteve wrote:
Spokane wrote:
It was when the Hawks had to make a 65 yarder FG to move to the next round of the playoffs.

Yes 65 yards is a tough one to kick...However we had Wiggs earlier in the year who can and has kicked one that far in a game.

Thankfully we have Wiggs back. Steven and his amazingness at 43 yards and below need to go.


OMG please don't start this BS again, no one has ever made a 65 yarder before in a game. Only 63 yarders have been kicked (with wind to the kickers back) time for people to stop crying over spilled milk.

The Hail Mary is a low percentage throw but it had a chance.


Don't cry about my post! The op asked what was the biggest play of the year, I felt it was the one that could have moved us to the next round of the playoffs. If you think there was a bigger play, thats fine. Just don't whine like a girl about my choice.


You think the biggest play of the season was an imaginary one? That actually doesn't surprise me.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:13 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 700
Did Tate really catch that ball...its a game, who cares


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the biggest play of the 2013 season?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:22 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13443
Location: King In The North
Spokane wrote:
Did Tate really catch that ball...its a game, who cares


No, don't get me wrong. I agree with you. My favorite Seahawk of all time is the safety that was able to break up that pass Hines Ward threw to Randel El in the Super Bowl and was able to tackle Willie Parker on that would-be 75 yard touchdown run.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.