Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 67  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:44 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8855
Location: Covington, Washington
Thanks Throw and Pink. I was trying to find the post Hans Gruber removed. I gather there is a way to get this pm'd to me from reading that thread, if anyone happened to have the removed material?

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:50 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Hey, I'm GENUINELY thankful like a schoolgirl dancing with her crush. I so appreciate this.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
drdiags wrote:
Thanks Throw and Pink. I was trying to find the post Hans Gruber removed. I gather there is a way to get this pm'd to me from reading that thread, if anyone happened to have the removed material?

What I had PM'd to me is posted on there, along with more from what I can tell.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:35 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:53 pm
Posts: 971
Hans I hope you're not pulling our legs, my friend. First time since the recommendation came out that i'm actually feeling a shred of optimism. :179422:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:38 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6370
I haven't posted anything on FB and I don't think I have on here since the relocation committee denied the move. I've been withholding my thoughts until/if Hansen and Co. throw in the towel. I know these guys are working some magic behind the scenes. It's been too quiet on their front and KJ sounds like a man that's really worried.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:47 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10495
Location: Pasco, WA
Throwdown wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Thanks you guys!


Best Blitzer impression EVER!


Huh? :229031_shrug:

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9845
Blitzer88 wrote:
Throwdown wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Thanks you guys!


Best Blitzer impression EVER!


Huh? :229031_shrug:

To quote Kenneth Starr from the 90's "Your boy (Stern) is about to get rolled!"

Enjoy the show Blitzer! :th2thumbs:

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9193
Location: Renton Wa.
Well Hans I hope we didn't prematurely derail anything, but thanks. If the Sac group is still searching for money they obviously have over reached as well. I hope this news breaks soon. we all want to see KJ and company eating that big dish of crow with Stern having to carve up the carcass.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:19 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8673
Location: Is Everything
Hans is Traumahawk.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:44 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 3324
Location: WA
Two pages w/out Sacramento posters... Are they pulling a Blitzer? Come in off of the ledge, boys.

Seriously though, kills me that we won't know anything until the 15th regardless of this news reported by Hans. The fact that Hansen's been so quiet in all of this doesn't give me the impression that he's desperate by any means (contrary to consensus among Sac fans).

_________________
RockHawk wrote:
This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:25 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
Seattle SuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuperSonics!



Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:14 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 140
E.C. Laloosh wrote:
Two pages w/out Sacramento posters... Are they pulling a Blitzer? Come in off of the ledge, boys.


Don't you have some salmon to smoke or something, hide the salmon, or whatever you do with salmon up there. I've been busy and tired of comments like "come in off the ledge" when Sacramento is clearly in the drivers seat right now.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:24 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6370
salamander wrote:
E.C. Laloosh wrote:
Two pages w/out Sacramento posters... Are they pulling a Blitzer? Come in off of the ledge, boys.


Don't you have some salmon to smoke or something, hide the salmon, or whatever you do with salmon up there. I've been busy and tired of comments like "come in off the ledge" when Sacramento is clearly in the drivers seat right now.


Salmon's delicious. I love chowing down on a piece of smoked salmon while drinking a cup of joe and listening to old school grunge music.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:27 am 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8615
Location: PNW
salamander wrote:
E.C. Laloosh wrote:
Two pages w/out Sacramento posters... Are they pulling a Blitzer? Come in off of the ledge, boys.


Don't you have some salmon to smoke or something, hide the salmon, or whatever you do with salmon up there. I've been busy and tired of comments like "come in off the ledge" when Sacramento is clearly in the drivers seat right now.


Zing....

Stop taking things so personally.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:28 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 1584
A guy who thinks running down salmon is proper smack is a man/boy who hasn't had well prepared seafood before. And for that, he has my pity.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:28 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
Posts: 2988
Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest
To be in the driver's seat, I'd think your city would have to have an ownership group with a higher offer and a signed PSA, but I guess that's just logic talking.

In Happy Funtime Fairy Land, I am sure Sacramento is in the driver's seat. In the real world, not so much.

_________________
"Well, I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart, Seattle because they've got something to prove, and the Raiders because they always cheat."

-Lisa Simpson

Well, at least Lisa got two of three right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:52 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1239
Yeah, for reals on the salmon - we know what to do with a salmon up here. ;)

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:12 am 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8925
Location: With a white girl
Still here (waves at Throw)

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:15 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
Posts: 93
Location: Seattle, WA
This just in the Sacramento group just ask the NBA if they take EBT and if not can they make payments under the table!
:th2thumbs:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:38 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm
Posts: 1594
salamander wrote:
E.C. Laloosh wrote:
Two pages w/out Sacramento posters... Are they pulling a Blitzer? Come in off of the ledge, boys.


Don't you have some salmon to smoke or something, hide the salmon, or whatever you do with salmon up there. I've been busy and tired of comments like "come in off the ledge" when Sacramento is clearly in the drivers seat right now.


Sacramento is in the driver's seat? How do you figure?

At this point, all the NBA can do is loudly proclaim that they will refuse to allow the team to be relocated.

What the NBA can not legally do:
1) Force the Maloofs to sell to anyone, much less the Sacramento group
2) Refuse to allow the Maloofs to sell (barring a clear conflict of interest)
3) Set any artificial barriers on any sales agreement or artifically manipulate the valuation of a member franchise

What you Sacramento folks don't seem to get is that a sales agreement between the Maloofs and the Hansen group has already been signed, sealed and delivered. Funds have already been deposited to escrow. To both the seller (Maloofs) and the purchaser (Hansen/Ballmer group), an agreement has already been reached reflecting the true market value of the franchise.

After this sale was negotiated and the deal closed, the NBA interfered on behalf of a secondary group of buyers (whom I will refer to as the Sacramento Group). The NBA negotiated the terms of an agreement outside of the existing transaction and without the consent or knowledge of the Maloofs (seller). The value of this deal is actually lower than the existing negotiated sale.

At this point, the NBA is blindly hoping that the Hansen/Ballmer group will walk away from their existing purchase agreement, surrendering the deposit and releasing any interest in the Kings. That is the reason the NBA voted first to prohibit the relocation of the Kings franchise. That is their ace and they have played it. The NBA hopes that if the Ballmer group realizes they won't be able to move the Kings, then they will just drop the sale.

However, the NBA can not legally interfere with the actual sale without clearly violating the Sherman Act. The problem for the NBA is that their negotation with a third potential buyer (Sacramento Group) is just smoke and mirrors. It has no legal teeth and means nothing other than, "Hey, if we refuse to let you sell to Hansen, then there's this other deal over here waiting for you."

Unless the NBA can prove in court that the existing Hansen/Ballmer offer represents a natural conflict of interest for the NBA, they have no legal justification to reject the sale. Doing so would artificially manipulate the market for the member franchise, to the detriment of both the seller and purchaser as agreed on the "fair market", and would be in violation of the Sherman Act. There is specific language in the Sherman Act that prevents the price fixing of franchises. If the NBA steps in and interferes with the sale, forcing the seller to accept a lower offer, this would be a textbook case of market manipulation as prohibited by the Sherman Act. And there are currently a cadre of very successful, very intelligent attorneys preparing for this argument right now. It should upset you Sacramento fans to learn that the Maloofs are rumored to be on this side of the fight.

All the Sacramento Group can hope for at this point is that the Maloofs will tire of the fight and sign a deal that is unfavorable to them. The moment they accept that deal, then the Hansen/Ballmer group would have a much tougher fight in court. At that point, the Maloofs could argue that the deal they accepted was set by the market and whatever terms were included made it an equal offer.

However, that has not happened, and many sources close to the fight (including the Maloofs) are publicly saying that it won't happen.

If the NBA can't sweet-talk the Maloofs into selling to the Sacramento Group, then the Hansen/Ballmer group will continue their purchase of the Kings and the fight will continue. Again, the NBA is fully aware they can not stop the purchase because they can not prove any actual conflict of interest. Again, many sources close to the deal (including Hansen himself) are stating that the Hansen group has gone quiet because he fully intends to purchase the Kings and move forward. That is hardly a win for Sacramento.

Once Hansen purchases the Kings, anything can happen. But if you're foolish enough to believe that Sacramento is in the driver seat, then you must not be paying attention. The Maloofs have already stated that they will not accept the Sacramento offer, and that in fact, no offer from Sacramento will ever be possible.

But please, do keep entertaining me with your hope. It's almost cute in a sad kind of way.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:51 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
Posts: 93
Location: Seattle, WA
Wow well said. I love it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
Posts: 5083
Location: South End
Damn.....

I haven't seen anyone get pimped slapped like that around here in a long time.

salamander, unless you know John McClane you might want to bow out gracefully.

_________________
"We ran into a buzz saw," - John Fox, Super Bowl XLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
twisted_steel2 wrote:
Damn.....

I haven't seen anyone get pimped slapped like that around here in a long time.

salamander, unless you know John McClane you might want to bow out gracefully.


+1

Great post, Hans.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:14 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8925
Location: With a white girl
There was no pimp slapping

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:21 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17423
Location: Graham, WA
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
There was no pimp slapping


There will if you don't give me my money by the end of the day.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:29 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:04 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Bremerton
Image

_________________
I'm sick of chasing after my dreams. I'm just going to find out where they're headed, and catch up with them later.
- Mitch Hedberg


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4200
sweet... so we have a basketball team? (honestly, i'm lost as hell in all this. quick summary?)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6370
HansGruber wrote:
salamander wrote:
E.C. Laloosh wrote:
Two pages w/out Sacramento posters... Are they pulling a Blitzer? Come in off of the ledge, boys.


Don't you have some salmon to smoke or something, hide the salmon, or whatever you do with salmon up there. I've been busy and tired of comments like "come in off the ledge" when Sacramento is clearly in the drivers seat right now.


Sacramento is in the driver's seat? How do you figure?

At this point, all the NBA can do is loudly proclaim that they will refuse to allow the team to be relocated.

What the NBA can not legally do:
1) Force the Maloofs to sell to anyone, much less the Sacramento group
2) Refuse to allow the Maloofs to sell (barring a clear conflict of interest)
3) Set any artificial barriers on any sales agreement or artifically manipulate the valuation of a member franchise

What you Sacramento folks don't seem to get is that a sales agreement between the Maloofs and the Hansen group has already been signed, sealed and delivered. Funds have already been deposited to escrow. To both the seller (Maloofs) and the purchaser (Hansen/Ballmer group), an agreement has already been reached reflecting the true market value of the franchise.

After this sale was negotiated and the deal closed, the NBA interfered on behalf of a secondary group of buyers (whom I will refer to as the Sacramento Group). The NBA negotiated the terms of an agreement outside of the existing transaction and without the consent or knowledge of the Maloofs (seller). The value of this deal is actually lower than the existing negotiated sale.

At this point, the NBA is blindly hoping that the Hansen/Ballmer group will walk away from their existing purchase agreement, surrendering the deposit and releasing any interest in the Kings. That is the reason the NBA voted first to prohibit the relocation of the Kings franchise. That is their ace and they have played it. The NBA hopes that if the Ballmer group realizes they won't be able to move the Kings, then they will just drop the sale.

However, the NBA can not legally interfere with the actual sale without clearly violating the Sherman Act. The problem for the NBA is that their negotation with a third potential buyer (Sacramento Group) is just smoke and mirrors. It has no legal teeth and means nothing other than, "Hey, if we refuse to let you sell to Hansen, then there's this other deal over here waiting for you."

Unless the NBA can prove in court that the existing Hansen/Ballmer offer represents a natural conflict of interest for the NBA, they have no legal justification to reject the sale. Doing so would artificially manipulate the market for the member franchise, to the detriment of both the seller and purchaser as agreed on the "fair market", and would be in violation of the Sherman Act. There is specific language in the Sherman Act that prevents the price fixing of franchises. If the NBA steps in and interferes with the sale, forcing the seller to accept a lower offer, this would be a textbook case of market manipulation as prohibited by the Sherman Act. And there are currently a cadre of very successful, very intelligent attorneys preparing for this argument right now. It should upset you Sacramento fans to learn that the Maloofs are rumored to be on this side of the fight.

All the Sacramento Group can hope for at this point is that the Maloofs will tire of the fight and sign a deal that is unfavorable to them. The moment they accept that deal, then the Hansen/Ballmer group would have a much tougher fight in court. At that point, the Maloofs could argue that the deal they accepted was set by the market and whatever terms were included made it an equal offer.

However, that has not happened, and many sources close to the fight (including the Maloofs) are publicly saying that it won't happen.

If the NBA can't sweet-talk the Maloofs into selling to the Sacramento Group, then the Hansen/Ballmer group will continue their purchase of the Kings and the fight will continue. Again, the NBA is fully aware they can not stop the purchase because they can not prove any actual conflict of interest. Again, many sources close to the deal (including Hansen himself) are stating that the Hansen group has gone quiet because he fully intends to purchase the Kings and move forward. That is hardly a win for Sacramento.

Once Hansen purchases the Kings, anything can happen. But if you're foolish enough to believe that Sacramento is in the driver seat, then you must not be paying attention. The Maloofs have already stated that they will not accept the Sacramento offer, and that in fact, no offer from Sacramento will ever be possible.

But please, do keep entertaining me with your hope. It's almost cute in a sad kind of way.

Exactly what I was going to say


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 1584
"When they touch down, we'll blow the roof, they'll spend a month sifting through rubble, and by the time they figure out what went wrong, we'll be sitting on a beach, earning twenty percent. "


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am
Posts: 3093
Sacramento's drivers seat
Image

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:53 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 140
You know you're in trouble when you have to resort to legal arguments and potential lawsuits as your argument for why you are in the driver's seat. The NBA wants the Kings in Sacramento. Do you really think you will beat the NBA? And even if you did win through the courts, embarrassing the NBA wouldn't be a good start for your franchise.

Oh, and your salmon is damn good. I was being serious when I said you should go make more of it instead of wasting your time here.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:59 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
Posts: 373
Location: Tacoma, WA
salamander wrote:
You know you're in trouble when you have to resort to legal arguments and potential lawsuits as your argument for why you are in the driver's seat. The NBA wants the Kings in Sacramento. Do you really think you will beat the NBA? And even if you did win through the courts, embarrassing the NBA wouldn't be a good start for your franchise.

Oh, and your salmon is damn good. I was being serious when I said you should go make more of it instead of wasting your time here.


The NBA doesn't have a choice but to accept the sale to Hansen

Also the NBA embarrassed itself years ago, especially when they moved Vancouver to Memphis and uprooted a great franchise in the Sonics to go to a severly worse market in OKC

Stern is the embarrassment and putting his ass on the spot in court and destroying him in every way is every Sonics fan delight


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:01 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 3324
Location: WA
salamander wrote:
You know you're in trouble when you have to resort to legal arguments and potential lawsuits as your argument for why you are in the driver's seat. The NBA wants the Kings in Sacramento. Do you really think you will beat the NBA? And even if you did win through the courts, embarrassing the NBA wouldn't be a good start for your franchise.

Oh, and your salmon is damn good. I was being serious when I said you should go make more of it instead of wasting your time here.


Yeah, legal arguments are pretty pathetic... until you have to watch the guy w/ the legal argument walk away with a smile on his face, whistling and twirling keys to the moving truck for his fancy new NBA basketball franchise.

_________________
RockHawk wrote:
This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am
Posts: 3093
KJ's next move:
Image

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:18 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 1584
Salamander, you are showing your ass again. We are the one city that has sued the NBA and won.

And yeah, isn't it unfortunate that we have to resort to, you know, the law, in this situation? The NBA doesn't have dominion over the courts my friend.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:24 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6370
salamander wrote:
You know you're in trouble when you have to resort to legal arguments and potential lawsuits as your argument for why you are in the driver's seat. The NBA wants the Kings in Sacramento. Do you really think you will beat the NBA? And even if you did win through the courts, embarrassing the NBA wouldn't be a good start for your franchise.

Oh, and your salmon is damn good. I was being serious when I said you should go make more of it instead of wasting your time here.

You're right. Sacramento is in the driver's seat.

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
-The Glove- wrote:
salamander wrote:
You know you're in trouble when you have to resort to legal arguments and potential lawsuits as your argument for why you are in the driver's seat. The NBA wants the Kings in Sacramento. Do you really think you will beat the NBA? And even if you did win through the courts, embarrassing the NBA wouldn't be a good start for your franchise.

Oh, and your salmon is damn good. I was being serious when I said you should go make more of it instead of wasting your time here.

You're right. Sacramento is in the driver's seat.

Image


The correct image would have the driver holding Stern's hand, who is walking him in the direction he's supposed to drive.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:17 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 3324
Location: WA
I'd seriously love to see the post-apocalyptic re-make of this if H/B/N succeed...


_________________
RockHawk wrote:
This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:27 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1239
Throwdown wrote:
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
There was no pimp slapping


There will if you don't give me my money by the end of the day.

Yeah me too, bitch. Give me my money!

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm
Posts: 1594
salamander wrote:
You know you're in trouble when you have to resort to legal arguments and potential lawsuits as your argument for why you are in the driver's seat. The NBA wants the Kings in Sacramento. Do you really think you will beat the NBA? And even if you did win through the courts, embarrassing the NBA wouldn't be a good start for your franchise.

Oh, and your salmon is damn good. I was being serious when I said you should go make more of it instead of wasting your time here.



I'd rather have an ownership group that is threatening to sue if the NBA tries to block an existing sales agreement with a seller who has openly stated he wants to sell to me, than an ownership group waving around an inferior offer they pulled out of thin air while the seller openly says he wants nothing to do with you.

News flash: It doesn't matter what the NBA wants. What does the NBA have to do with the sale of that team? NOTHING. They have zero power over who buys or sells that team other than voting on a conflict of interest.

What matters is what the Maloofs want. They're the ones who ultimately decide who does or doesn't buy the Kings. The NBA knows that, which is why they're trying to block a relocation now, before the sale goes through. It's the only thing the NBA can legally do to try to block a sale. They're hoping two billionaires will tuck tail and run. Generally, that is not how billionaires become billionaires, but you know... that's really all they've got in the quiver.

Being in the driver's seat means you are setting the tone, you are the one in control.

Right now, it is Hansen who is in control. Hansen is the one with a binding sale agreement, in writing, signed by the seller, with payment made in full. All Hansen has to do is kick back and follow through with the purchase. Let the NBA fight it and hang themselves with their own rope.

Sacramento is the third wheel, waving an inferior offer at the media as if that means anything to anyone. Apparently, nobody has bothered to explain to them that without the Maloofs signatures, it means less than the paper it's written on.

The seller (Maloofs) just told your newspaper there was no way they would ever accept an offer from Sacramento and that an arena deal in Sacramento was impossible. Only the NBA is interested in your arena plan, but you need more than that, you need the owner of the Kings to accept it. And both owners (current and upcoming) have both stated they have no interest in the Sacramento arena plan. How is that being in the driver's seat? I must be missing something.

Literally the only thing the NBA can do for Sacramento is force Hansen to stay in the current arena. Meanwhile, Hansen can just sit on the team, force them to play in the existing arena, and wait it out. He can do exactly what Clay Bennett did here if he wanted to be a dick about it. Just trade away the good players, and let them lose. Stop maintaining the arena, and wait it out. Eventually, the NBA will capitulate and let Hansen move wherever he wants because ultimately, what is best for the NBA is to have owners investing in a watchable product, playing in arenas that will generate revenue for the NBA.

Eventually, the NBA will stop caring about how the arena is financed. They'll feel the pain in their wallet and Hansen will have his way. Literally the only people who feel pain over all this mess will be Sacramento. Do I think that's fair? Nope. But that's the fight the NBA has chosen.

So while you claim to be in the driver's seat, I'd see it more as being stuck in the electric chair while the governor and warden fight over when to pull the switch.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:49 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8925
Location: With a white girl
Lords of Scythia wrote:
Throwdown wrote:

There will if you don't give me my money by the end of the day.

Yeah me too, bitch. Give me my money!


The both of you can kiss my scrote.

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
Posts: 2988
Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest
So, Mr. Gruber, should I still be happy or what? I have been positive throughout this whole thing. I should still be positive, right?

I don't need any details, just a "Yes, you should feel great" or "No, things are worse, we're losing him, doctor!"

_________________
"Well, I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart, Seattle because they've got something to prove, and the Raiders because they always cheat."

-Lisa Simpson

Well, at least Lisa got two of three right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 3324
Location: WA
Smelly McUgly wrote:
So, Mr. Gruber, should I still be happy or what? I have been positive throughout this whole thing. I should still be positive, right?

I don't need any details, just a "Yes, you should feel great" or "No, things are worse, we're losing him, doctor!"


HansGruber wrote:
I've been asked to stop sharing specifics but I just heard some news that should make Sonics fans thrilled.

Just know this:
The Ballmer Hansen team is for real, they have Stern in a corner right now, there is no legal way to deny the Hansen sale, and as we speak, plans are being put into effect.

The irony of all this is that I hate the NBA, have never really cared about the Sonics, yet for the first time in my life, I got to hear some breaking news that few are privy to. Always wished I could get a secret Seahawks scoop but never got one. I'm a nobody. But sitting here right now bouncing in my seat, excited for you Sonics fans, and wish I could share. Keep the faith. Shit is about to get real.

_________________
RockHawk wrote:
This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:13 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
Posts: 93
Location: Seattle, WA
HansGruber wrote:
salamander wrote:
You know you're in trouble when you have to resort to legal arguments and potential lawsuits as your argument for why you are in the driver's seat. The NBA wants the Kings in Sacramento. Do you really think you will beat the NBA? And even if you did win through the courts, embarrassing the NBA wouldn't be a good start for your franchise.

Oh, and your salmon is damn good. I was being serious when I said you should go make more of it instead of wasting your time here.



I'd rather have an ownership group that is threatening to sue if the NBA tries to block an existing sales agreement with a seller who has openly stated he wants to sell to me, than an ownership group waving around an inferior offer they pulled out of thin air while the seller openly says he wants nothing to do with you.

News flash: It doesn't matter what the NBA wants. What does the NBA have to do with the sale of that team? NOTHING. They have zero power over who buys or sells that team other than voting on a conflict of interest.

What matters is what the Maloofs want. They're the ones who ultimately decide who does or doesn't buy the Kings. The NBA knows that, which is why they're trying to block a relocation now, before the sale goes through. It's the only thing the NBA can legally do to try to block a sale. They're hoping two billionaires will tuck tail and run. Generally, that is not how billionaires become billionaires, but you know... that's really all they've got in the quiver.

Being in the driver's seat means you are setting the tone, you are the one in control.

Right now, it is Hansen who is in control. Hansen is the one with a binding sale agreement, in writing, signed by the seller, with payment made in full. All Hansen has to do is kick back and follow through with the purchase. Let the NBA fight it and hang themselves with their own rope.

Sacramento is the third wheel, waving an inferior offer at the media as if that means anything to anyone. Apparently, nobody has bothered to explain to them that without the Maloofs signatures, it means less than the paper it's written on.

The seller (Maloofs) just told your newspaper there was no way they would ever accept an offer from Sacramento and that an arena deal in Sacramento was impossible. Only the NBA is interested in your arena plan, but you need more than that, you need the owner of the Kings to accept it. And both owners (current and upcoming) have both stated they have no interest in the Sacramento arena plan. How is that being in the driver's seat? I must be missing something.

Literally the only thing the NBA can do for Sacramento is force Hansen to stay in the current arena. Meanwhile, Hansen can just sit on the team, force them to play in the existing arena, and wait it out. He can do exactly what Clay Bennett did here if he wanted to be a dick about it. Just trade away the good players, and let them lose. Stop maintaining the arena, and wait it out. Eventually, the NBA will capitulate and let Hansen move wherever he wants because ultimately, what is best for the NBA is to have owners investing in a watchable product, playing in arenas that will generate revenue for the NBA.

Eventually, the NBA will stop caring about how the arena is financed. They'll feel the pain in their wallet and Hansen will have his way. Literally the only people who feel pain over all this mess will be Sacramento. Do I think that's fair? Nope. But that's the fight the NBA has chosen.

So while you claim to be in the driver's seat, I'd see it more as being stuck in the electric chair while the governor and warden fight over when to pull the switch.



you are too for too Sir. let me know if you need some baby powder for that hand because you are pimp slap in the crap out of them.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:15 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
Posts: 2988
Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest
E.C. Laloosh wrote:
Smelly McUgly wrote:
So, Mr. Gruber, should I still be happy or what? I have been positive throughout this whole thing. I should still be positive, right?

I don't need any details, just a "Yes, you should feel great" or "No, things are worse, we're losing him, doctor!"


HansGruber wrote:
I've been asked to stop sharing specifics but I just heard some news that should make Sonics fans thrilled.

Just know this:
The Ballmer Hansen team is for real, they have Stern in a corner right now, there is no legal way to deny the Hansen sale, and as we speak, plans are being put into effect.

The irony of all this is that I hate the NBA, have never really cared about the Sonics, yet for the first time in my life, I got to hear some breaking news that few are privy to. Always wished I could get a secret Seahawks scoop but never got one. I'm a nobody. But sitting here right now bouncing in my seat, excited for you Sonics fans, and wish I could share. Keep the faith. Shit is about to get real.


Yeah, but now we're getting stuff like this:

Quote:
Brock Huard ‏@BrockESPN 10s

NBA will find path to not destroy relationship w/Ballmer & make Hansen whole“@_MParker: @BrockESPN What’s your gut feeling on what it means?

_________________
"Well, I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart, Seattle because they've got something to prove, and the Raiders because they always cheat."

-Lisa Simpson

Well, at least Lisa got two of three right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:18 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 3324
Location: WA
Quote:
Brock Huard ‏@BrockESPN
Two thoughts I am hearing out of NY:

1. Disappointment

2. Clear Path

What those mean, your guess is as good as mine over the next 7 days


Quote:
Brock Huard ‏@BrockESPN
I will only report what I know, and earlier tweet is from NY. Work & negotiation ongoing. What "clear path" means is TBD.


Quote:
Brock Huard ‏@BrockESPN
NBA will find path to not destroy relationship w/Ballmer & make Hansen whole“@_MParker: @BrockESPN What's your gut feeling on what it means?


So David Stern is going to pay Hansen $30,000,000.00 and then give Ballmer a blowjob?

Edit: first crack at that one didn't read the way I heard it in my head :34853_doh:

_________________
RockHawk wrote:
This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1239
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
Lords of Scythia wrote:
Throwdown wrote:

There will if you don't give me my money by the end of the day.

Yeah me too, bitch. Give me my money!


The both of you can kiss my scrote.

Yeah that's fine - whatever. NOW BITCH GIVE ME MY MONEY.

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm
Posts: 1840
One of the things I don't understand is how can the NBA stop the team from being sold and then moved. Remember when the Seahawks were headed to LA? They even had practices down there. The Oakland Raiders did move to LA. A suit was filed based on eminent Domain and was lost. The NFL had to pay Davis millions.

What is the difference ?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:42 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
Posts: 93
Location: Seattle, WA
The kings will be in settle next season. They are just trying to get our group to back out and they wont.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:57 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8925
Location: With a white girl
RealDeal wrote:
The kings will be in settle next season.


Yeah, to play the Sonics...oh wait...

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 67  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JZ#1 and 3 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.