percy sighting on real rob report

taz291819

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3eqxxatx said:
God, looking at Moffitt makes miss how ripped and physically imposing Hutchison was, no wonder J.R. Sweezy could challenge for playing time albeit being an unconventionally raw prospect coming into the NFL.

I seriously wouldn't underestimate one's physical prowess with how they look. Most OL look like Moffitt, even Walter Jones.

And yes, it's another sport, but ask Roy "Big Country" Nelson what he thinks about looking the part.

[youtube]CoH7D-c8-1Y[/youtube]

McGruff

Reaction score
thebanjodude":1uzorn8a said:
I hope the Seahawks sign Mike Rob and John Moffit to lifelong contracts.
As long as were signingplayers to camera contracts, throw Kearse in there too. Dude is consistently hilarious.

Sac

Reaction score
McGruff":1edi9jdy said:
thebanjodude":1edi9jdy said:
I hope the Seahawks sign Mike Rob and John Moffit to lifelong contracts.
As long as were signingplayers to camera contracts, throw Kearse in there too. Dude is consistently hilarious.

Worst. Rapper. Ever.

dbmack

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2n5wx48w said:
Video has been taken down for some reason...
They are updating it with some MoffitMerch stuff per their Twitter.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Get home from work, finally ready to watch the video....aaaand...nope..ಠ_ಠ

Bakergirl

Reaction score
That felt like the worst strip tease ever. Thinking there's finally a new RRR to watch and Boom...no video. Sigh.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Russ is looking bulkier, BB is ripped contract year style. Not on this video but Turbin has been working out (even more!) and Fells looks very impressive, teach that man to play as soon as possible!

Zowert

Reaction score
taz291819":smbns1g6 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":smbns1g6 said:
God, looking at Moffitt makes miss how ripped and physically imposing Hutchison was, no wonder J.R. Sweezy could challenge for playing time albeit being an unconventionally raw prospect coming into the NFL.

I seriously wouldn't underestimate one's physical prowess with how they look. Most OL look like Moffitt, even Walter Jones.

And yes, it's another sport, but ask Roy "Big Country" Nelson what he thinks about looking the part.

This is a great example. Also, thanks for the clip. I forgot all about Roy Nelson. I watched him when he was on The Ultimate Fighter. Dude is one tough SOB. He reminds me of Tank Abbott, without the D-bag factor that Tank had and Big Country is definitely twice the fighter Tank Abbott every was. Tank was just a bar room brawler that was screwed if he didn't knock his opponent out in the first round.

I apologize for veering off-topic. Just had to admire a great example for physical prowess based on appearance. Roy Nelson is an amazing example. A dude you would be extremely sorry you had ever crossed paths with. Especially after you wake up in the hospital and remember that you picked a fight with "some chubby dude" at the bar the night before. Thinking you could take him. Even if you're a tough guy, Roy is the type that could end your life with his bare hands, with relative ease and in short fashion. But he looks like 'that fat guy that everybody loves and wouldn't harm a fly'..

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Zowert":ki1vyjsx said:
taz291819":ki1vyjsx said:
Pandion Haliaetus":ki1vyjsx said:

This is a great example. Also, thanks for the clip. I forgot all about Roy Nelson. I watched him when he was on The Ultimate Fighter. Dude is one tough SOB. He reminds me of Tank Abbott, without the D-bag factor that Tank had and Big Country is definitely twice the fighter Tank Abbott every was. Tank was just a bar room brawler that was screwed if he didn't knock his opponent out in the first round.

I apologize for veering off-topic. Just had to admire a great example for physical prowess based on appearance. Roy Nelson is an amazing example. A dude you would be extremely sorry you had ever crossed paths with. Especially after you wake up in the hospital and remember that you picked a fight with "some chubby dude" at the bar the night before. Thinking you could take him. Even if you're a tough guy, Roy is the type that could end your life with his bare hands, with relative ease and in short fashion. But he looks like 'that fat guy that everybody loves and wouldn't harm a fly'..

Come on guys, it takes a different type of athlete to be in the NFL.

Even guy's like Brock Lesnar, who destroyed the UFC ranks at one point, couldn't cut it when he tried out for the Vikings.

Albeit, a lot of ex-college players have found success transferring into the wrestling ranks.

But who actually believes that any wrestler/fighter could cut it in the NFL. Its a hard process, I'm not saying NFL players can beat up UFC fighter as we saw Hamlin get messed up by a common street thug but in the NFL, you have to be a different type of athlete.

Moffitt's problem is that at Wisconsin, he was a big dude surrounded by other big dudes who made up one of the biggest lines in the country. He could be dominant without really trying against collegiate players.

Now in the NFL, the dude doesn't look the part, he doesn't look strong, he doesn't look athletic, he's been surviving on technique. I understand he got hurt in his rookie season but the Seahawks actually were better without him. I understand he was coming back from a knee injury in 2012, but the guy lost snaps to a ROOKIE who was a DT in college.

Moffit is 26 years, already has serious knee issues, and his athleticism and strength is weak sauce, at his combine weighing 319, he ran 5.51 40 w/ 23 bench reps at 24 years old.

In comparison, Michael Bowie as an OT for instance ran a 5.32 40 at 332 pounds. Although he had 19 bench reps but he is also only 21 years old. Give him 3 years to improve and I'm sure Bowie, at 10-12 pounds less, could get to around 5.00- 5.10 with 28+ reps and match some of the other workout numbers (broad, vert, 20-yard, 3 cone) that made Moffitt a 3rd Round pick.

Teqneek

Reaction score
Uh you mean ken Hamlin ? The guy who got blind sided with a board? Yes that's clearly an amazing comparison....... :sarcasm_off:

taz291819

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1uts3pnc said:
Come on guys, it takes a different type of athlete to be in the NFL.

Even guy's like Brock Lesnar, who destroyed the UFC ranks at one point, couldn't cut it when he tried out for the Vikings.

Albeit, a lot of ex-college players have found success transferring into the wrestling ranks.

But who actually believes that any wrestler/fighter could cut it in the NFL. Its a hard process, I'm not saying NFL players can beat up UFC fighter as we saw Hamlin get messed up by a common street thug but in the NFL, you have to be a different type of athlete.

Moffitt's problem is that at Wisconsin, he was a big dude surrounded by other big dudes who made up one of the biggest lines in the country. He could be dominant without really trying against collegiate players.

Now in the NFL, the dude doesn't look the part, he doesn't look strong, he doesn't look athletic, he's been surviving on technique. I understand he got hurt in his rookie season but the Seahawks actually were better without him. I understand he was coming back from a knee injury in 2012, but the guy lost snaps to a ROOKIE who was a DT in college.

Moffit is 26 years, already has serious knee issues, and his athleticism and strength is weak sauce, at his combine weighing 319, he ran 5.51 40 w/ 23 bench reps at 24 years old.

In comparison, Michael Bowie as an OT for instance ran a 5.32 40 at 332 pounds. Although he had 19 bench reps but he is also only 21 years old. Give him 3 years to improve and I'm sure Bowie, at 10-12 pounds less, could get to around 5.00- 5.10 with 28+ reps and match some of the other workout numbers (broad, vert, 20-yard, 3 cone) that made Moffitt a 3rd Round pick.

Who said anything about a UFC fighter being able to play in the NFL? The original point was about how a person physically looks.

Though, quite a few NFL players do MMA training in the off-season, it helps with stamina and flexibility.

I think a lot of people don't like Moffit due to the RRR. He's outspoken and funny. So what if he's not the best at his job, even he admits that. He's still good depth for our OL, even if he isn't a starter.

Obviously, Michael Robinson feels the same, since he always includes Moffit in his videos. Not to mention, the Seahawks brass haven't cut him yet.

EDIT:
Almost forgot, Brock Lesnar didn't destroy the ranks in the UFC, he was mediocre at best.