2013 Adopt a Rookie thread

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have to go with Williams. Surname is mine, and any man with tats on his face better be committed to his pro career, since his odds of legal employment elsewhere are dramatically reduced.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Jordan Hill. Mostly because my brother and sister both went to Penn State.

Also, after watching some clips, I like how his eyes are glued to the ball in the backfield, his feet are in sync with his eyes, and his hands are adept at shedding blockers. I'm not sure he's NFL starter ready as-is, but I think he's in a great situation to succeed and contribute to the rotation.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Since DT Jordan Hill was my MUST HAVE player it should be him, but I don't like conforming to the mainstream.

I also like Ryan Seymour and Michael Bowie but they both got votes. So, I'll go with Alvin Bailey. He might not make the roster, but I think he could make the practice squad, and be a factor next year once he knows how to consistently play with technique.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ware for me, I think he will be on ESPN for his blocks and tackles on special teams alone.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Cool thread. Would have been kind of interesting to start as a poll perhaps?

I'll take the Aussie. I think a few GM's are going to wish they hadn't passed on 'em.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2v3jgqxo said:
Chewbacca for sure. He's aces with a crossbow and is like 8 feet tall. Easy choice for my adopt-a-Wookie this year.

Then at least spell "wookiee" correctly, you heathen.

Bullmeister

Reaction score
I an Aussie...so who else :)

Jesse Williams!

Brithawk":3au0omdf said:
I'd say Jesse Williams but having YOLO is just bad, really really bad. Plus he's australian so therefore a criminal

Nice try pommy boy, but his heritage isn't even from your criminal pasty tea sipping part of the world...it's actually from Australia.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Bullmeister":15c52is6 said:

Jesse Williams!

Brithawk":15c52is6 said:
I'd say Jesse Williams but having YOLO is just bad, really really bad. Plus he's australian so therefore a criminal

Nice try pommy boy, but his heritage isn't even from your criminal pasty tea sipping part of the world...it's actually from Australia.

Given crime rates per capita in the US vs. Australia.... He's got a point.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Tharold Simon. I'm already used to defending another mouthy cornerback, so I might as well collect a 2 fer 1 special.

cdallan

Reaction score
Bullmeister":1ur90ihx said:

Jesse Williams!

Brithawk":1ur90ihx said:

Your logic is sound, so I'm adopting Jesse Williams as well.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
I am adopting Michael Bowie. We need a backup tackle something serious. Okung spoke for him, so I'm all in. Tharold Simon is a close second. I don't see Seattle resigning Browner. That leaves Lane and Simon to make an impact in 2015.

Mike Person still intrigues me. He is no longer a rookie, but may as well be.

FYI: I am not a SF fan. I just wanted McDonald.

McGruff

Reaction score
I like Bowie and Abiley as long shots. Also like Hill cause everyone says he's a reach, but in the end I'm going with TE Luke Willson, a preseason Amckey award condadidate with good size, to end speed and soft hands. He unseats McCoy and pushes Mller for the top job in 2014.

RabidFrenzy

Reaction score
Chris Harper. I watched him play in Oregon as a QB and KS as a receiver. I thinks he bring a lot to the team. He big, quick and having been a qb might give him a better football IQ as a wide receiver. It's going to be fun watching defenses tyr to stop this offense. Seahawks have added a lot of speed and option to their offense.

A

Anonymous

I'm going to adopt:

Hekunplae Puttimin

Russian place kicker...

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Dayum, i almost missed the AAR thread.

This is my 4th AAR now with the first three picks ending up in juvee. I just have a soft spot for those less fortunate.

Not this year though. I am going with a blue chipper.

Christine Micheal, meet your new mom and step-siblings. Someone looks like they could use an oreo blizzard, no? Yesss.