Maywether fight.

NoChops

Reaction score
yeah, I might stream it if I have nothing else to do.

Saw a comment that sums it up best..."Floyd Maywether, the Kyle Bush of the Nationwide series."

he ducked...don't argue it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Got to see Mayweather fight Shamba Mitchell back in 2005. Love the dude. Love boxing. Unfortunatly I think its a dying sport.

OP
OP
N

NoChops

Reaction score
cant knock what he has done in the ring..but even if he ends with a 40something-0 i dont think we can call him the greatest

JSeahawks

Reaction score
NoChops":2qp7ni6o said:
cant knock what he has done in the ring..but even if he ends with a 40something-0 i dont think we can call him the greatest

Yea, i'm not knowledgable enough about the sport to even have the discussion.

I just know that being there live is about as electric an atmosphere as you can experience in sports. I went to that Mayweather fight and I saw Roy Jones Jr fight some dude named Clinton Woods in Portland as well. I dont think either one of them were even title fights (the Roy Jones Jr one might have been?), but man, as far as electricity in the building they were right up there with the very best Seahawks games i've been too.

OP
OP
N

NoChops

Reaction score
Ali fought everyone. Herns v Hagler, Hagler v Sugar, Sugar v Duran, Herns v Sugar, Sweat Pea v Chavez. From 2008 to 2010 "the fight" should have happened but money, drug testing, and other posturing got in the way. Now its lost and we can only say what if? :( Kinda sad really.

GCrow

Reaction score
Would watch a big Boxing fight over UFC 1000 times over.

GCrow

Reaction score
Decent fight, Guerrero came out and held his own first 2 rounds though proved Mayweather was just getting warmed up. After about round 4 could easily tell Mayweather would win easily. As much as I loathe the guy, he's pretty dominant and put on a clinic - especially considering he's 36.

Too darn bad we'll never get to see him and Pacquio in the ring togethor. Still small chance they may still fight a year or 2 down the road, but nothing like it woulda been if they had say 2 years ago. Which I think Pacquio coulda won.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Mayweather would have beat Pacquio. Would have been one of the greatest matchups in the history of boxing. They should be on their third fight coming up, but instead Mayweather's happy making $40M off a cupcake.

pehawk

Reaction score
Mayweather's a GREAT boxer, not a fighter. It sucks. Makes his fights boring for most.

I watched the fight. Great defense. Great footwork. Great handspeed. Just a typical day at the office.

McG

Reaction score
Boxing is MLB and UFC to the NFL.

People like/love both for their own reasons, but when it comes down to it boxing/baseball is the past and UFC/football is the future. With that said I enjoy all the sports, it's just the talent pool in boxing is not their anymore, which is sad.

No respect of Mayweather, all he cares about is $ and acts like some kind of thug or rapper, don't beat your wife and you wont lose everyones respect.

pehawk

Reaction score
McG":47k6p0br said:

People like/love both for their own reasons, but when it comes down to it boxing/baseball is the past and UFC/football is the future. With that said I enjoy all the sports, it's just the talent pool in boxing is not their anymore, which is sad.

No respect of Mayweather, all he cares about is $ and acts like some kind of thug or rapper, don't beat your wife and you wont lose everyones respect.

Do you work for the NAACP?

Subzero717

Reaction score
McG":3lyl0gyw said:

I don't think either are things of the past. Its actually way simple to figure out. Americans aren't the best anymore.

As far as the "rapper/thug" act. Its just that. Its a marketing thing. He started it about when he went with De La Hoya. Before he was Pretty Boy Floyd fightingbthe Shamba Mitchells of the world in cities like Portland and if IRCC that wasn't even on PPV. Now under his new brand he is one of the biggest PPV draws if not the biggest. As far as UFC his numbers CRUSH UFC PPV numbers by a landslide.

I also and neither do you know enough about him beating his wife to make anybreal judgement on it. I've seen too many he said she saids and he be punished. My guess is if that is a reason for you to dislike him I'd bet you didn't like him that much to begin with.

@Pe. His fights are not borrowing if you enjoy the Sweet Science. He and Hopkins have been two of my favorites to watch.

pehawk

Reaction score
Agree Cali, I LOVE watching Bhop and Floyd. Although, BHop's more a grinder/hustler in the ring, still great just different.

My DREAM fight for Floyd would be Sergio, but the weight differential would make Floyd a sure loser. Canelo may cause some issues for Floyd. I LOVE Amir, the person and fighter, but he wouldn't stand a chance.

Shaz

Reaction score
I don't see Canelo doing much against Floyd, his stamina is very suspect and I don't know how he would handle someone as defensively elite and much faster than him with great counterpunching

pehawk

Reaction score
Shaz":2r6xdudg said:
I don't see Canelo doing much against Floyd, his stamina is very suspect and I don't know how he would handle someone as defensively elite and much faster than him with great counterpunching

You're right, BUT, I envision something very similar to the Sergio/Chavez Jr fight. IF, and its a big IF, Canelo could hang a bit, he could lean on Mayweather enough to get at least 1 round to wail away.

FWIW, what Garcia did to Chavez Jr, is the best exhibition of skill I've seen in YEARS. If you haven't seen that fight, watch it. The whole fight's great...and the 12th round was the best round of 2012.

Shaz

Reaction score
I guess it's all how mature Canelo is during the fight

Does he keep his wits about him when Floyd is pretty much displaying Boxing 101 on him or does he get frustrated and much more aggressive, falling into Floyds trap?

I'd pay to see that fight no doubt

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Canelo doesn't belong in the same ring as Floyd. Too many weaknesses that will be exposed by a fighter of Mayweathers caliber.

Shaz

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1pwzz6ai said:
Canelo doesn't belong in the same ring as Floyd. Too many weaknesses that will be exposed by a fighter of Mayweathers caliber.

Even though I think Floyd would win quite handily and easily, it would be a great measuring stick for Canelo on what exactly he would do against the best.

pehawk

Reaction score
Well, Chavez Jr isn't even on the same planet Garcia is, but he's a large middle-weight. Canelo, same thing, he enters every fight 20lbs heavier than his opponents. That makes up for most boxing differences.