NFL Players think Jacoby Jones is better then Percy Harvin?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • GTFO, Harvin stats are way better and Harvin played 50% of games as compared to Jones. I would love those players who really think that to put their names behind that statement.
    BUT, I dont mind when other players around the league dont give us the respect.. add harvin to that bunch.
    nfcwizard
    NET Bench Warmer

• Does this really matter?
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Nope.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Percy was considered the 90th best player in the league last year by the players but only played 10 games after being knocked out (IR) with a high ankle sprain which happened or was significantly aggravated playing the Hawks. 90th best after only playing 10 games is not bad. Prior to then he was on pace to be to be in contention as the offensive MVP.

In the end it only matters what he does going forward.
    Last edited by jammerhawk on Fri May 03, 2013 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken. The OLine still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• nfcwizard wrote:GTFO, Harvin stats are way better and Harvin played 50% of games as compared to Jones. I would love those players who really think that to put their names behind that statement.
    BUT, I dont mind when other players around the league dont give us the respect.. add harvin to that bunch.

I do agree that Harvin is a better player, but turning this into a no respect thing is silly to me. Perce was with the Vikings last year not us. We are not slighted constantly as some people think. We were voted as having 6 plus probowlers, 4 first team All Pro's and voted as the second best team in the league per the latest power rankings. Not everyone thinks we blow :)
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

• It's the same dispute as last year having Manning make the Top 100 despite not playing in 2011.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Not that I agree with it but Jones did just come off of a helluva playoff run. He had the game tying hail mary td against Denver, and in the superbowl had the kickoff return td and a 40+ yard td. Its fresh opposed to Harvin who was a MVP candidate but was IR'ed after week 8.
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

• I don't put too much into any of these "Top 100" or "Top 10" NFL anythings. Harvin played a half-season and still made the list. Not an issue of respect for me at all.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Part of the problem with these lists, is some players vote on players based on what they did the year before. It's SUPPOSED to be the 100 best players in the upcoming season. I think that confuses the players voting and causes a lot of the misplacements of rankings.

Of course then you add in the natural bias of each player voting and we don't know which players voted, so there's a large margin for error.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• i wouldnt think too much of it.. last year they put peyton manning on the top 100 when he was out for the season lol. and for the record harvin is head and shoulders above JJ. (not litteraly of course).

however, I honestly knew that the texans would be losing a quality WR in him. He has that semi "x" factor in him, teams forget about his speed..

nobody will underestimate harvin though.
    FriscosFinest
    NET Rookie

• You guys wanna hear the most hilarious part of this? Players are only asked their top 20 players, so some players think Jacoby Jones is one if the top 20 players in the NFL
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• therealjohncarlson wrote:You guys wanna hear the most hilarious part of this? Players are only asked their top 20 players, so some players think Jacoby Jones is one if the top 20 players in the NFL

Jacoby Jones was probably carried by his own #1 vote for himself.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• therealjohncarlson wrote:You guys wanna hear the most hilarious part of this? Players are only asked their top 20 players, so some players think Jacoby Jones is one if the top 20 players in the NFL

Then there's a lot of players that shouldn't show up on anyone's list and makes me wonder how they made the top 100. I'm glad Max Unger is in the top 100, but I can't imagine why he'd be in anyone's top 20.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• Erebus wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:You guys wanna hear the most hilarious part of this? Players are only asked their top 20 players, so some players think Jacoby Jones is one if the top 20 players in the NFL

Then there's a lot of players that shouldn't show up on anyone's list and makes me wonder how they made the top 100. I'm glad Max Unger is in the top 100, but I can't imagine why he'd be in anyone's top 20.

Truth, it show's just how biased the players are. Remember Tebow making the list? Could you imagine putting Tebow in your "top 20" list lol
    look@dafilm
    NET Practice Squad

• Hell to the Nawwwww...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Erebus wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:You guys wanna hear the most hilarious part of this? Players are only asked their top 20 players, so some players think Jacoby Jones is one if the top 20 players in the NFL

Because players will vote for players they play against.
    I'll bet you that players like Darnell Dockett, Justin Smith and Chris Long are more likely to vote for players on the Seahawks O-Line than they are for a wimpy little wide receiver
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• The best part of ability is availability. If Harvin was available for the full season, the Vikes would have been better, possibly having a different playoff seeding and Harvin would have been in contention for offensive player of the year with his teammate. Additionally, Peterson wouldn't have had the lucrative stats that he put up in Harvin's absence.

Another factor is visibility. Jones was involved in a bizarre, clutch, game-winning play that had plenty of air-time. And players vote on these lists. They don't have the time to know players on teams that they wont play during the season. Fans have more time and less focus on their upcoming opponent. So generally fans have a better grasp (other than Tim Tebow fans of course).
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

• NinerBuff wrote:The best part of ability is availability. If Harvin was available for the full season, the Vikes would have been better, possibly having a different playoff seeding and Harvin would have been in contention for offensive player of the year with his teammate. Additionally, Peterson wouldn't have had the lucrative stats that he put up in Harvin's absence.

Another factor is visibility. Jones was involved in a bizarre, clutch, game-winning play that had plenty of air-time. And players vote on these lists. They don't have the time to know players on teams that they wont play during the season. Fans have more time and less focus on their upcoming opponent. So generally fans have a better grasp (other than Tim Tebow fans of course).

So by that logic, Golden Tate is in the Top 10. Nice...
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• lol , yep
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Hah, a Broncos fan I know was glowing over getting Welker, and I said we got Percy Harvin, he said good, but I would rather have Welker.

Really?.....
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I loved Pete's dialog with Harvin in the End-zone. At about the 3:01 mark Harvin says “how you doin Boss”. Almost (!) like it was already being discussed. Then Pete says "we should have had you man"! I am sure nearly every team in the league would say the same!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• CANHawk wrote:
    NinerBuff wrote:The best part of ability is availability. If Harvin was available for the full season, the Vikes would have been better, possibly having a different playoff seeding and Harvin would have been in contention for offensive player of the year with his teammate. Additionally, Peterson wouldn't have had the lucrative stats that he put up in Harvin's absence.

So by that logic, Golden Tate is in the Top 10. Nice...

Taking it a little further than I contended, but I get your point. If the Seahawks had won the SuperBowl, that play would have had ridiculous airtime, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did crack the Top 100 list. Marginal players make this list every year; John Kuhn was on the list last year and Donovan McNabb was the year before.

For the record, Harvin is way better than Jones, the contract speaks for itself. What I was saying is that if Harvin had been healthy for a majority of the season, he would have been higher on the list.
    NinerBuff
    NET Rookie

• Harvin has a fresh start, with a team he WANTS to be with and if I were an opposing player/fan, I would be worried about Percy.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information