A little help needed

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
Hi all, after having played Madden for about 10 years I thought I'd start to follow a team, so in '03 I randomly selected a team on the single game menu & up popped the Seahawks. I have started to keep more of an interest during the off seasons over the last few years, & love hearing, viewing & reading up about all the potential draft prospects, we don't get all the college games over here (only what they show on ESPN) but I'd like your help on selecting a college team to invest a little time into in the hope that the Hawks will pick up a player I have come to support. Give me the team you follow & the team you think is the college Seahawk equivalent & the college that gets to 10 votes first I'll adopt. Cheers

cubbyhawkfan

Reaction score
My first question would be what is it that you like in a team? Style of play? Coaches? Unis? Ect...

Hawks46

Reaction score
Our style of play probably is closest to Alabama.

I don't like them, or Saban, but they are a run first team, usually with a point guard type QB and a bruising defense that prefers press coverage.

There might be smaller schools that are a closer match to the Seahawks, but I don't get to follow the college game much anymore.

sutz

Reaction score
You have funny ways of picking who you root for.

:twisted:

J/K, bro.....welcome aboard!

:2:

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
If you're hopes are to follow a team that puts out the most NFL caliber players likely to be drafted by the Seahawks, i would say your best bet is a team in the SEC or Pac 12 conference because of Pete Carroll ties.

Now following a specific team similar to Seattle, you might want to avoid the spread offenses and focus on teams utilizes the running game and a strong defense to go along with a play action style attack.

Other members will be able to answer what specific team better than me, but maybe Stanford, Washington, or UCLA out of the PAC 12 (and more I can't think of) and a lot out if the SEC. Personally, I follow Wasington the most.

cover-2

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":33pwd6gl said:
If you're hopes are to follow a team that puts out the most NFL caliber players likely to be drafted by the Seahawks, i would say your best bet is a team in the SEC or Pac 12 conference because of Pete Carroll ties.

I agree, pick a team from the SEC. The Seahawks pride themselves on being a physical team and the SEC is known for being the most physical conference. Also, if you chose a SEC team like a Texas A&M you will get to see a lot of NFL talent on opposing in conference teams. I'm a U of Washington fan, but I watch more SEC games than Pac-12 teams because they is have more NFL talent and I prefer the SEC style of play over the Pac-12.

The teams I would recommend,
1. Alabama (SEC) - Bama churns out NFL players every year, due to great coaching and top-10 recruiting classes every year. Recruits are ranked from "1 star" - "5 star" with "5 star" recruits being the best players in the nation. For college football teams "5 star" recruits are the equivalent to the NFL's 1st round picks. But in college unlike the NFL, some schools get multiple 1st round players (5 star recruits) every year. Alabama always gets a few "5 star" recruits every year. Alabama is a run first team, whose head coach, Nick Saben, is a defensive minded head coach. They run primarily a 3-4 defense. Produced some of the better RB the last few years.

2. Notre Dame (currently Independent) - ND is on the upswing and will probably continue its old ways of being a dominate program like it used to be. There is currently a lot of NFL talent on that team. Notre Dame probably gets the most national coverage, so even if you live in Alaska their game will likely be televised in your area. The down side is they don't really have a natural rival because they are an Indepentant team; starting in 2014 or 2015 they will be playing 5 ACC teams a year. Michigan & USC are the two teams that could be considered rival teams.

3. LSU (SEC) - Les Miles usually has a top-10 recruiting class every year. They primarily run a 4-3 defense, and lately they have produced a lot of quality players in the secondary. LSU grows big tough players.

3. Georgia (SEC) - Again great recruiting. 3-4 defense. Great school for RB's.

4. South Carolina (SEC) - Usually has a good defense. 4-3 defense. The head coach is Steve Spurier (nickname is "the ol' ball coach") who won the Heisman way back when he was a QB at Florida.

5. Texas A&M (SEC) - Currently they have a lot of NFL talent of the offensive side of the ball. Long term success (without Johnny Manziel) questionable. They run the spread offense with success in a run dominated conference. Right now they are a fun team to watch, but again when Johnny Manziel takes his talents to the NFL will this program fall back down to earth.

non-SEC teams
6. Florida St (ACC) - They always recruit good and currently have a good amount of NFL talent. I have always enjoyed watching FSU play, can't really explain why; maybe its because they remind me of college football from the 90's the Deion Sanders type players.

7. Michigan (Big-10) - Great tradition of winning. Usually produce good NFL talent on the offensive line.

8. Oregon - (Pac-12) - If you want to rote for a team that scores a lot of points and are fun to watch then Oregon is your team. They get a lot of great athletes and have a lot of team speed. Oregon's fast finesse spread offense does not fit what the Seahawks are like, but there are some current intriguing defensive lineman on the current team along with a couple of skill positions that the Seahawks could be interested in.

8. Stanford (Pac-12) - Stanford has been raking in some of the top offensive line recruits the last couple of years. They are a run first team that use a lot of two TE sets, so they kind of fit what the Seahawks do. They don't have an exciting brand of football on either side of the ball. The program is usually a stepping stone for head coaches that want to move on to higher profile schools, which is why I don't know about their long term success along with their academic standards which I'm sure hurts their recruiting. They have a casual fan base and their school mascot is a dancing tree.

9. USC (Pac-12) - The school is located in one of the top cities that produce top tier talent, which is why they get some of the best recruits. Currently they are a bit down but it is just a matter of time before they rise from the ashes to be perennially ranked in the top-10. USC runs a pro-style offense and a 4-3 on defense.

Best uniforms;

1. Oregon
I T24SeTqCeOIZakK7kJ6rImt6nCXbRvfmiV9OCsLKRDmewuVg

2. Florida St
PSeNN3IAWkcdzDV IbksErSobSsJr0l4hjBS 6n5Smx2JdIwUw
940x

3. Notre Dame
images

images

4. TCU
images
U9SbCXKHWGJ6r3QcfpzHDRXw1oaxJjnBcYx L0ABpIdRS68Gjw
images

5. North Carolina
images

B5yybKGj8C9h5Pg lYbnjqnMT0ZhcBSNlkLhbof Upe4dfNCww

OP
OP
T

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
Wow cheers for all that info cover-2, & thanks to all for the other responses. Teams that I seem to follow are always inconsistant, middle of the pack giant killers but also lose to bottom of the table teams. LSU or FSU I think I'll choose between. Cheers for the help.

cover-2

Reaction score
Well if you do chose Florida St, here are a few guys to follow...

WR Kelvin Benjamin, at 6-5 242 lbs he could be the next Mega Tron.
[youtube]RY3IviZeT8I[/youtube]

RB James Wilder Jr, he is a big guy at 6-2 226 lbs.
[youtube]hhctoSPJsf0[/youtube]

LB Christian Jones, fits the Seahawks mold at LB. Jones is 6-3 232 lbs and is a long armed guy, he is considered one of the better athletes on the team.
[youtube]42tPU2PerxU[/youtube]

There are a hand full of other players, like their 230 lbs (S) Karlos Williams and a d-lineman or two. FSU players just have a swagger to them that is kind of fun to watch.

cover-2

Reaction score
EmbattleTheeHawks":28q7kogy said:
Wow cheers for all that info cover-2, & thanks to all for the other responses. Teams that I seem to follow are always inconsistant, middle of the pack giant killers but also lose to bottom of the table teams. LSU or FSU I think I'll choose between. Cheers for the help.

I hope you went with FSU. It would have been a heck of a year to start rooting for them.