HOLY hell, the NFC West, looks so scary right now.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • amill87 wrote:
    FriscosFinest wrote:
    Not being a hater, but I think the seahawks actually drafted very average, and possibly the lowest grade in the NFC-W. I mean yeah your team used their 1st pick on harvin, so I dont hold that against them. But the first player taken was a runningback??

uhh the Niners just used a second round pick on Lamicheal James when they had Gore and Hunter on the roster...

Which made perfect sense as we rotate Gore out constantly. He is a capable every down back, but playing him that way every year usually caused him injury and we would lose him for a few weeks or more each year.

Rotating him like we do now, keeps his legs fresh which is paying off dividends.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• I don't think much is going to actually change within the division. After the Hawks had a very strong showing in FA, most opposing fans were quick to point out how they were paper champions and that it means nothing, but a team drafts a slew of players that haven't played a down of NFL football and they are better for it?

I am not counting the Niners out, there are really only a few teams built to compete with them, just like the Hawks, but I like the Hawks chances. The rest of the NFCW is still not on the level of SF or SEA IMHO. They all improved, but the Cards and Rams have to gain in order to get anywhere. It is going to come down to how they fair against other teams.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:I don't think much is going to actually change within the division. After the Hawks had a very strong showing in FA, most opposing fans were quick to point out how they were paper champions and that it means nothing, but a team drafts a slew of players that haven't played a down of NFL football and they are better for it?

I am not counting the Niners out, there are really only a few teams built to compete with them, just like the Hawks, but I like the Hawks chances. The rest of the NFCW is still not on the level of SF or SEA IMHO. They all improved, but the Cards and Rams have to gain in order to get anywhere. It is going to come down to how they fair against other teams.

Agreed

And IMHO I think that we are overrating the Rams a bit based in their strong defense against our two teams last season. However the loss of arguably their best wideout and THEIR BEST back in Jax, their offense won't be as scary as it was as you can't just replace a RB like him easily.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• Seattle 13-3
    San Fran 12-4
    St Louis 7-9
    Arizona 6-10
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• NinerLifer wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:I don't think much is going to actually change within the division. After the Hawks had a very strong showing in FA, most opposing fans were quick to point out how they were paper champions and that it means nothing, but a team drafts a slew of players that haven't played a down of NFL football and they are better for it?

Agreed

And IMHO I think that we are overrating the Rams a bit based in their strong defense against our two teams last season. However the loss of arguably their best wideout and THEIR BEST back in Jax, their offense won't be as scary as it was as you can't just replace a RB like him easily.

IMHO, I look forward to watching this season with those expectations. There is nothing else I need to say. The games will talk. Though you lost me on your statement about how losing SJAX affects the Rams' D? Curious.

Just had a conversation with a Pats fan. Wow. I'm so involved in following the NFC W that he seemed like he was from Mars. He still thinks no west team can match them. That hubris is just slightly matched by here.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.

"They call it Sack City because you'd rather live in a SACK."
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• Did not the Niners and Hawks beat the pats. and the Niners went to the Super Bowl. What a douche.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• rlkats wrote:Did not the Niners and Hawks beat the pats. and the Niners went to the Super Bowl. What a douche.

I do believe they lost to the Cards last year as well....
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

• RedAlice wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:I don't think much is going to actually change within the division. After the Hawks had a very strong showing in FA, most opposing fans were quick to point out how they were paper champions and that it means nothing, but a team drafts a slew of players that haven't played a down of NFL football and they are better for it?

Agreed

IMHO, I look forward to watching this season with those expectations. There is nothing else I need to say. The games will talk. Though you lost me on your statement about how losing SJAX affects the Rams' D? Curious.

Just had a conversation with a Pats fan. Wow. I'm so involved in following the NFC W that he seemed like he was from Mars. He still thinks no west team can match them. That hubris is just slightly matched by here.

You lost me as well. You might want to re-read my post you quoted that I included above, as I didn't say anything about the loss of Jax effecting their defense LOL.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• I re-read your post. I apologize for the mis-read.

I have not been this excited for the Rams' Offense since they took Bradford at #1. The more I read, the more excited I am about this Austin and his buddy. Bradford is still an unknown, IMHO. Hot mess of young talent.

SJAX is not replaceable for what he does. Atlanta will benefit this year. Rams didn't use him correctly last year, and this year the baby backs will compete with each other, or form a unit. I don't see this being a deciding factor in the O. Bradford will perform or not.

The biggest question to me on the entire Offense outside of QB is Shotty. Can he be creative enough to take advantage of his new toys? Don't know.

I do know that I don't expect a SB win this year. And I cannot wait to see what my young team does. They are not at Hawk or Niner level yet.

But, so excited for this season....it has been years.

RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• rlkats wrote:Did not the Niners and Hawks beat the pats. and the Niners went to the Super Bowl. What a douche.

Yes! And the Cards.

Kind of my point. East coast arrogance about to be taken down.

RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• onanygivensunday wrote:The NFL is such copycat league.

Pete comes into the league in 2010 with the "Always compete" mantra and he backs it up in training camp and basically lives by it.

Prior to 2010, how often did you here any NFL HC mention competition?

And how often did you hear it during the three days of the draft? I heard it over and over again.

Other teams are starting to draft long, rangy CBs. High end speed isn't as valued now provided the CB can swivel his hips smoothly during the transition.

Oh... another one... how often have you recently heard "GO _______" at the end of an interview... fill in the blank with almost any team's name.

They're stealing Russell's signature sign-off.

As they say... Imitation is the highest form of flattery. :th2thumbs:

Back on topic.... Yes, the NFCW is THE best division in the NFL. It will be interesting how each of the four teams fares outside our division.

Good post, but.... You literally could've posted this in any thread and it would've held as much relevance to the OP as it did here. Just sayin'.
    MissoulaHawk
    NET Starter

Previous

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information