Can everyone please just boycott the mariners?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
  • TheRealDTM wrote:Unless we want to be a 1 sport city we probably shouldn't boycott the Mariners.


    Seahawks and Sounders both get great attendance and actually care about winning. Not sure where you're getting 1 potential sport from.
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3437
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    TheRealDTM wrote:Unless we want to be a 1 sport city we probably shouldn't boycott the Mariners.


    Seahawks and Sounders both get great attendance and actually care about winning. Not sure where you're getting 1 potential sport from.

    I'm not willing to give up Major League Baseball for a lower tier soccer league.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2833
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • I'm not willing to give up an MLB team for an EPL team.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

    RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    User avatar
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7061
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm


  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:Nope, I'm still going to the games because that's what fans do.

    I'm not one of those fair-weather, bandwagon part time fan though... :roll:


    Image

    Do you also buy crappy products because "thats what consumers do"? Sports is a business. Don't sell yourself short by thinking you don't deserve to spend your money on something good.

    Huh, since when did not being a fairweather fan make someone a sheep?

    Do I like the ownership group? Nope. But I'm a FAN. :roll:
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1650
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


  • Please refer to Sacramento Kings situation before deciding to boycott a crap product put forth by management that doesn't care. Or you can keep paying for a shit product. You're in a no win situation.
    User avatar
    salamander
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 148
    Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:29 pm


  • Are you going to begin trolling a mass of threads now? You are not doing very good at the one thread that you should remain in with your posts that wreak of whining.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2022
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:Are you going to begin trolling a mass of threads now? You are not doing very good at the one thread that you should remain in with your posts that wreak of whining.


    If this is directed at me, my comment was relevant to the conversation, whereas yours was not. You're calling me out for 'whining' in a board about boycotting your home team. Sacramento was about to (and still might) lose their team because of bad management; if you want to ignore that example then fine; boycott the team until your owner can blame bad attendance on the bad market and move the team to North Carolina.
    User avatar
    salamander
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 148
    Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:29 pm


  • I think we can cut salamander some slack here because (despite the consistent inability to grasp the emotions of Sonics fans on this board) he does have a point. Boycotting and poor team attendance only fuel owners to move on, not make changes. On the contrary, in the Premier League fans take to the streets all the time to protest ownership and often help facilitate changes and in some cases push the owners out. However, ownership of teams here in the US know they have the power and dont feel threatened by the whims of its fans.

    Now, the Ms seem to be getting things together a little.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4646
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • pinksheets wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:
    TheRealDTM wrote:Unless we want to be a 1 sport city we probably shouldn't boycott the Mariners.


    Seahawks and Sounders both get great attendance and actually care about winning. Not sure where you're getting 1 potential sport from.

    I'm not willing to give up Major League Baseball for a lower tier soccer league.

    We'd have the wnba too, to be fair.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2093
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


  • Uncle Si wrote:I think we can cut salamander some slack here because (despite the consistent inability to grasp the emotions of Sonics fans on this board) he does have a point. Boycotting and poor team attendance only fuel owners to move on, not make changes. On the contrary, in the Premier League fans take to the streets all the time to protest ownership and often help facilitate changes and in some cases push the owners out. However, ownership of teams here in the US know they have the power and dont feel threatened by the whims of its fans.

    Now, the Ms seem to be getting things together a little.



    I need not cut him any slack. He knows where his thoughts belong and it is not in this thread. He left that thread and decided to troll in others in an attempt to gather support from Seattle fans. Since he has done it here then he is demonstrating the willingness to infect any thread that may remotely relate to his cause therefore furthering his trolling. I give two shits about Sacramento.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2022
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


  • salamander wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:Are you going to begin trolling a mass of threads now? You are not doing very good at the one thread that you should remain in with your posts that wreak of whining.


    If this is directed at me, my comment was relevant to the conversation, whereas yours was not. You're calling me out for 'whining' in a board about boycotting your home team. Sacramento was about to (and still might) lose their team because of bad management; if you want to ignore that example then fine; boycott the team until your owner can blame bad attendance on the bad market and move the team to North Carolina.



    You are trolling a Seattle sports board in an attempt to gain sympathy for a Sacramento team.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2022
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


  • First off, I come here because I'm a Seahawks fan. Second, I haven't been disrespectful to any of the Sonics or Mariner fans. In fact I'm doing Mariner fans a favor by warning them what can happen when you don't support a bad team. I'm not trolling. What's the point of a forum if you only say what everyone already believes and wants to hear. I trust the people here can make up their own opinions without censoring or intimidating people with alternate points of view.
    User avatar
    salamander
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 148
    Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:29 pm


  • salamander wrote:First off, I come here because I'm a Seahawks fan. Second, I haven't been disrespectful to any of the Sonics or Mariner fans. In fact I'm doing Mariner fans a favor by warning them what can happen when you don't support a bad team. I'm not trolling. What's the point of a forum if you only say what everyone already believes and wants to hear. I trust the people here can make up their own opinions without censoring or intimidating people with alternate points of view.



    Baseball is completely different. They have crappy teams that have been crappy for years and hive no intention of ever getting better and no one cares. They have no salary cap. Small market teams realize they are at the mercy of the large markets. You can build a farm system and maybe hit a few years but in the end Its futile.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9166
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


  • salamander wrote:First off, I come here because I'm a Seahawks fan. Second, I haven't been disrespectful to any of the Sonics or Mariner fans. In fact I'm doing Mariner fans a favor by warning them what can happen when you don't support a bad team. I'm not trolling. What's the point of a forum if you only say what everyone already believes and wants to hear. I trust the people here can make up their own opinions without censoring or intimidating people with alternate points of view.



    You don't get it and I can no longer help you to understand.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2022
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Previous


It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:15 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: thanimal and 6 guests