Percy Harvin #90 of Top 100 for 2013

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":347tnfol said:
Wow I'm surprised he is so low! His injury isn't career altering or anything... he was the leading MVP candidate before his injury against us. #90? He is easily top 25 and with Wilson throwing him the ball this year he will solidify that status.

As far as the remaining Hawks go, I have to hope Wilson will make it in - but everyone seems to give Kaepernick more respect just due to the fact he "lead" a stacked team to the Superbowl. So with that considered, I doubt the players voted him higher than Kap. I think he deserves to be higher of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if the players didn't.

I think the remaining Hawks should be;

Top 15 - Lynch
Top 25 - Sherman
Top 40 - Thomas
Top 50 - Okung
Top 75 - Wilson
Harvin
Unger

Wouldn't surprise me to see Bam Bam creep into the next episode either, in the 70's. He seems to be very well respected around the league - that's what happens when your the most intimidating non-dirty player. He isn't a James Harrison thug, or Rodney Harrison PED user etc.

I think Sherman will be in the Top 10.

Top 10 - Sherman
Top 15 - Lynch
Top 25 - Wilson
Top 40 - Thomas
Top 50 - Okung

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":1puvwgp1 said:
I doubt the players voted him higher than Kap. I think he deserves to be higher of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if the players didn't.

Kaepernick has already been listed as #81 (14th best QB). Wilson is basically confirmed to be on the list somewhere and his spot has not been revealed yet, so the players definitely did vote him higher.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm guessing Wilson will be in the 50s or 60s, behind RG3 and maybe Luck. He'll be top 10 next season. Maybe #1.

xCalibur

Reaction score
Shock2k":wtonolnw said:
The Yugoslavian":wtonolnw said:
Wow I'm surprised he is so low! His injury isn't career altering or anything... he was the leading MVP candidate before his injury against us. #90? He is easily top 25 and with Wilson throwing him the ball this year he will solidify that status.

As far as the remaining Hawks go, I have to hope Wilson will make it in - but everyone seems to give Kaepernick more respect just due to the fact he "lead" a stacked team to the Superbowl. So with that considered, I doubt the players voted him higher than Kap. I think he deserves to be higher of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if the players didn't.

Top 15 - Lynch
Top 25 - Sherman
Top 40 - Thomas
Top 50 - Okung
Top 75 - Wilson
Harvin
Unger

Wouldn't surprise me to see Bam Bam creep into the next episode either, in the 70's. He seems to be very well respected around the league - that's what happens when your the most intimidating non-dirty player. He isn't a James Harrison thug, or Rodney Harrison PED user etc.

I think Sherman will be in the Top 10.

Top 10 - Sherman
Top 15 - Lynch
Top 25 - Wilson
Top 40 - Thomas
Top 50 - Okung

Your very close here, but Wilson will be aired next week as a Top 100 Player from 71-80...he beat out Kap...Sherman will be a top 15, Lynch top 20, Thomas a top 30 and Okung a top 50

GCrow

Reaction score
Holy heck, just realized this...(not to derail it into a convo about another player) but how in the world is Jacoby Jones ranked higher than Harvin?????

rigelian

Reaction score
GCrow":pd7sv395 said:
Holy heck, just realized this...(not to derail it into a convo about another player) but how in the world is Jacoby Jones ranked higher than Harvin?????

Harvin got injured. Jacoby Jones didn't. It's as simple as that.

GCrow

Reaction score
rigelian":f8o3lyj8 said:
GCrow":f8o3lyj8 said:

Even before his injury, Harvin had almost double total Receiving and Rushing yards than Jones had during the whole season. Also averaged 5 yards more per kick return.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":73tg9uo5 said:
I'm guessing Wilson will be in the 50s or 60s, behind RG3 and maybe Luck. He'll be top 10 next season. Maybe #1.
I can buy that. As for Harvin if he weren't injured I think he's at least top 25 maybe even in the top 10.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
GCrow":8ln3dpeq said:
rigelian":8ln3dpeq said:
GCrow":8ln3dpeq said:

Even before his injury, Harvin had almost double total Receiving and Rushing yards than Jones had during the whole season. Also averaged 5 yards more per kick return.

Probably because Jacoby had some amazing plays in the playoffs that were fresh in the voter's minds

Hawknballs

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... cy-harvin/

Does anyone seriously believe that Jacoby Jones is better than Percy Harvin?

In 2012, Jones played in all 16 games and his offensive output consisted of 30 catches for 406 yards, one carry for six yards, and one touchdown. Harvin’s season was cut short by an ankle injury in the ninth game of the year, but before he got hurt he already had 62 catches for 677 yards, 22 carries for 96 yards, and four touchdowns. And while Jones is a very good return man, Harvin averaged more than five yards per kickoff return better than Jones (35.9 to 30.7) last year.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Speaking of Harvin and the top 100; What the hell does Jamie Dukes have against him and the Hawks in general? That fat turd was pissing me off last night.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":11shtgps said:
Speaking of Harvin and the top 100; What the hell does Jamie Dukes have against him and the Hawks in general? That fat turd was pissing me off last night.

Jamie Donnell Dukes (born June 14, 1964) is a former offensive lineman who played 10 seasons for the Atlanta Falcons, Green Bay Packers, and Arizona Cardinals, of the National Football League. He played college football at Florida State. He is now employed as an analyst for the NFL Network and resides in Braselton, Georgia.

So he played college at Florida state...so hates Florida guys.

Played for the Packers so hates the Vikings.

Played with the Cardinals so hates the Seahawks.

Mostly though he's just sort of filler. He rarely has a point and when he does it's usually a nugget of common sense he tries to present like he's some kinda genius.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
BJW0sJyCMAAP6K2.jpg

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":11aw3szi said:
Seahwkgal":11aw3szi said:

Jamie Donnell Dukes (born June 14, 1964) is a former offensive lineman who played 10 seasons for the Atlanta Falcons, Green Bay Packers, and Arizona Cardinals, of the National Football League. He played college football at Florida State. He is now employed as an analyst for the NFL Network and resides in Braselton, Georgia.

So he played college at Florida state...so hates Florida guys.

Played for the Packers so hates the Vikings.

Played with the Cardinals so hates the Seahawks.

Mostly though he's just sort of filler. He rarely has a point and when he does it's usually a nugget of common sense he tries to present like he's some kinda genius.
Thanks for that because I had wondered the same thing and never heard of him before seeing him on NFLN.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":3jbg2h4n said:

Top 15 - Lynch
Top 25 - Sherman
Top 40 - Thomas
Top 50 - Okung
Top 75 - Wilson
Harvin
Unger

There's very little chance IMO that Chancellor is on the list. If I recall there are no more than 5-6 safties on the list and We've already covered 3 on the list, So I don't beleive he made it.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3r64ys4l said:
...that bit at the end with Pete and Percy ("we should have had you") is pretty crazy to watch now.
Followed immediately by: "It all worked out great." Yes, Pete, it sure has (and will!)

AgentDib

Reaction score
The actual poll was "The Top 100 Players of 2012." This was not intended to be a projection of this year, but a recap of last year where Harvin missed half of the season due to injury.

There are 1700 roster grade NFL players and an additional 2000 fringe level players. The top 100 is a very exclusive list that includes slightly fewer than 3 players per team. Harvin's place on this list despite being injured speaks volumes about how players view his potential and is definitely not the slight that some of you appear to be viewing it as. He would be in the conversation for 10th or so if he had played the full season at the same level of production as his first half.

drdiags

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1r475jlz said:

Dukes is like Brian Billick when it comes to the Seahawks. Plus the former great WR Tom Waddle (tongue in cheek), another hater.